[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General /tfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 78

File: PowerOfThePrimes.jpg (651KB, 1280x1918px) Image search: [Google]
PowerOfThePrimes.jpg
651KB, 1280x1918px
Speculation on the future after TR edition

So, what IS the next line gonna be, /toy/? Some sort of cyberkey rebirth? Maybe just CHUG redux, no gimmicks? Everyone gets an alt-universe (whatever?) Prime version?

Old Thread: >>6135700
>>
What's Primal doing there?
I don't read the comics, but is Primal in the same timeline now?!
>>
>>6139197
He will be if they make him a Prime, since the winner will be important to the comics. I personally want Hound to win, since he's one of the few characters that won't derail storylines if he ends up a Prime, since he's currently doing jackshit.
>>
>>6139197

Timeline-wise, every 'bot seems to be existing. The animal 'bots actually were all almost wiped out millions of years ago because one of the Primes was like "fuk deez furry faggits" and went on a murderous rampage. Not many are left.

Also new BW style 'bots are popping up, since Tarantulas has perfected(?) a tech similar to the pretender tech Thunderwing was working on that gives them BW style transformations (ie: "furry outer shell, robot inside").
>>
>>6139191
I'm guessing its going to be a general 1984 update line with some tips of the hat to leaders from other generations. This movie line is probbaly going to cause some delays for Generations stuff, so don't expect too much at toyfair.
>>
>>6139201
>Also new BW style 'bots are popping up, since Tarantulas has perfected(?) a tech similar to the pretender tech Thunderwing was working on that gives them BW style transformations (ie: "furry outer shell, robot inside").

I haven't caught on in a while, but didn't the IDW Dinobots have that way back in their first appearance? they just got the scaly bits burned off and never replaced them.
>>
>>6139200
Wait who's Jackshit? And why's Hound gay?
>>
>>6139200
He's on the lost light mutiny.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3120x2105px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3120x2105px
>>6139191
I only recognize one Prime. The hero Cybertron needs. The one who will rid the world of weak degenerates.

#Sentinel2017
>>
>>6139227
You lack reading comprehension.
>>
>>6139227
Hound hasn't done anything important in the IDW comics, and the winner of this poll will be turned into a Prime and be important in a future story arc.

-Megatron's doing stuff in MTMTE, let him stay there
-Star Saber is a religious nut, it could be interesting if he wins but he hasn't been interesting so far.
-Thunderwing is dead, he has to stay dead
-Deathsaurus could be interesting, since he treats his troops with compassion so this could go somewhere.
-Primal hasn't shown up, better if he doesn't
-Ultra Magnus (Ambus) is a main character in MTMTE, but I'm onboard if they bring the original back.
-Hound has done nothing, so there's nowhere to go but up.
-Arcee's a main character in the Optimus Prime comic, keep her there.
-Shockwave died, he has to stay dead.
>>
>>6139230
Currently doing nothing, it's very easy to write him out of there, since he's not important to that storyline (hell, he'd be more important if the left the mutiny since he'd have to face up to being a part of it when people of Cybertron find out).
>>
>>6139217

These shells make them undetectable as robots though when transformed. No idea if the Dinobot's thing did that (probably not, given this was a thing in Sins of the Wreckers).
>>
>>6139250
>No idea if the Dinobot's thing did that

Nope, those new shells were made by Tarantulas.
>>
>>6139238
>-Shockwave died, he has to stay dead.
>-Thunderwing is dead, he has to stay dead
>-Ultra Magnus (original) is maybe dead

Dying in comic books doesn't mean shit. They'll come back at some point.
>>
>>6139255
Dying in Marvel comics doesn't mean shit. In relatively small pool of people working on ones is less of thing.
>>
File: SentinelTritrumphent.jpg (982KB, 1418x1129px) Image search: [Google]
SentinelTritrumphent.jpg
982KB, 1418x1129px
>>6139232
>>
>>6139256

Creamcicle Prime was dead in the comics though. Until he was suddenly brought back to life and made a TM to boot.

tl;dr "If they want to (or corporate mandate says to), they will bring anyone back".
>>
>>6139238
>Star Saber religious nut
>Thunderwing dead
>Deathsaurus compassionate
>Imposter Ultra Magnus
>Dead Shockwave

What the fuck is IDW raping TF so badly
>>
File: Page 554.jpg (175KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Page 554.jpg
175KB, 600x800px
>>6139263
>Deathsaurus compassionate

Seems in character
>>
>>6139263

I'm not sure if Thunderwing is actually dead. Part of his whole thing is that he was a literally unkillable world burning monster. I think they managed to keep him contained at some point after Jhiaxus took control of him though?

Also Shockwave was killed after he tried to compress all of reality into a singularity with himself was God. Thats not really a bitch death or anything.
>>
>>6139263
-Thunderwing was a big deal at the beginning of the comics, we never see it, but he took on both armies and fucked up Cybertron for thousands of years. Pretender tech was just THAT good, but drove him mad.
-Star Saber is unfortunate, same with Deathsaurus since they're not even the same characters anymore.
-They turned Magnus into a super hero, I thought it was a interesting take, and it's not like they can't pull the original down the line.
-Shockwave almost killed everything, and was the major antagonist in an event, so that's something.
>>
File: 2017-01-20 21.42.27.jpg (613KB, 1200x629px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-20 21.42.27.jpg
613KB, 1200x629px
I ended up removing TR Blaster's visor, always hated the Marvel comic head design and that stupid visor was never level with the actual eyes anyway.

The Twincast face is downright sinister though, I can see why people like using it for Galvatron instead. Are there any TMs that's be better to use instead? Maybe Ptero?

Also, the TR Blaster/Soundwave mold has a big square hole in its belly, what's that for?
>>
>>6139273
Ptero's face is kind of small and has the worst port for a TM, even worse than Hardhead's.
>>
>>6139263
Roberts finding out about his fans. The comic unarguably went to shit after he discovered all the tumblr posts. Just looking at how he fucked up the DJD sums up all the comic problems.

>Twists that made just to twists
>Introducing characters once just to misdirect people
>Misdirection having no pay off
>Time travel being an instantly available ability yet rarely used at all
>Long drawn out exposition dumps to remind people of shit that happened millions of issues ago because they couldn't be bothered to have their powers be regularly used

And that's before we even get into the toy advertising comics. IDW had a good start, but just shat the bed and can't to clean up after itself.
>>
>>6139278
>has the worst port for a TM

It's not difficult to switch the faceplates, but the small size would probably make that a problem for Blaster.
>>
>>6139280
>IDW had a good start, but just shat the bed and can't to clean up after itself.

It has it's ups and downs like any comic. Consistent quality has always been a problem with comics.

It was doing mostly fine until the bungling of the DJD shit at the end. That was a real low point. It got better pretty much instantly after though, quality's on the rise again. The crossover event stuff was actually pretty good too.
>>
>>6139283
You can switch the TM head, it just bothers me how terrible it is. You know how some heads are are ticker further back, right (Nucleon's a good example), well Ptero has that, but it's way back and very thin, so if you try inserting it normally, it can warp the port since the tiny "teeth" are receiving a lot of contract pressure at one point not the full area.
>>
>>6139288
Fumbled that explanation. The hooks for the TM head will end up warping badly.
>>
>>6139273
Doesn't work, it's barely passable with the normal visor, but with that piece cut he'd just look awful.
>>
>>6139285
>>6139280
>>6139270
>>6139269
>>6139263
Dreamwave's still the best comics run of Transformers. War Within, Generation 1, those were the shit.
>>
>>6139153
idunno, man. CW Menasor is pretty shit.
If CW Devastator wasn't as terrible as it is I'd say Menasr was the worst combiner of the line.
>>
>>6139263
it's calling innovating, would you rather like something like a shit ton of versions of optimus that are exactly the same? it's not gee wunm what we are talking about.
>>
>>6139232
>Swindle, Hot Rod, and Blaster
Heh.
>>
>>6139269
We never got a confirmation in the comic that Thunderwing died, but they basically told us that.

Even then; how would that work? His only appearance sane was in a few panels, the rest of his appearances he's just an engine of destruction, how do you go from that to a Prime?

Seriously, picture Stormbringer Thunderwing interacting with anything while his face looks like the apocalypse.
>>
>>6139315
Just go deeper into the characters.
Batman is the comic character with pretty much the most successful record of critically acclaimed comics and all his writers make with him is just run deeper and deeper into the basic traits of the character.

It was when retards like Morrison that tried to innovate on a character that is close to becoming overused that stupid shit started happening.
>>
>>6139315
>innovating

I find the toylines innovating because I doubt they'd ever make twintwist or perceptor a head master. Maybe they should make that pink twinbot repaint a head master in the scanvengers comic book
>>
>>6139323

Maybe someone finds a way to unfuck the Pretender process he put himself through to give him his mind back?

I mean, the guy wasn't trying to turn into armageddon on legs or anything. He was just trying to find a way to save Cybertron.
>>
>>6139323
WORLD OF STRENF
>>
>>6139267
Is this the comic where they reveal Deathsaurus' fortress is actually a refuge for the Decepticon's families and the two factions just hug it out? Seriously, an evil leader who cares about his troops is one thing, but this was straight dumb even by Japanese standards.
>>
File: Thunderwing_stormbringer.jpg (113KB, 450x595px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderwing_stormbringer.jpg
113KB, 450x595px
>>6139323
In case you were wondering how he looked like, and that's before he goes all one winged angel.
>>
File: Thunderwingidwultramode.jpg (111KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderwingidwultramode.jpg
111KB, 500x457px
>>6139344
I should mention this was made to save the planet. I guess the ridiculous amount of firepower he was packing was just for show.
>>
>>6139347
>I guess the ridiculous amount of firepower he was packing was just for show.

Well, it is transformers. They're shown to be known as a blight upon the universe by just about every alien species in the comics because they keep blowing up worlds and bringing destruction everywhere.
>>
>>6139315
Alright, how about they apply the Shattered Glass personalities and dynamics into the mainstream canon instead? That'll be super innovative, to have an evil tyrannical Optimus!
>>
File: 020201717828.jpg (248KB, 785x960px) Image search: [Google]
020201717828.jpg
248KB, 785x960px
Thanks to comics and the Earth Wars game, I fell for the Victorion meme. Honestly I really like her and I think these might be my favorite of use of several of these molds. Rust Dust is a little shit though and doesn't like to stay on at all.
>>
>>6139263
Basically, IDW did a reset with Last Stand of the Wreckers, and they basically decided to keep doing more of that with all the shock deaths it entailed going forward.
>>
>>6139361
Those colours are looking a lot nicer than the stock photos of those figures.
>>
>>6139263
More like "Why is hasbro pissing in IDW's mouth"

The toylines dictate how the comic plays out, not the other way around. The CW miniseries within the comics was criticized for its hacked-together plotline and how inorganic the jump to it felt because it shoved its way into the plot at the expense of most other things in the story.
>>
File: neat.png (788KB, 489x815px) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
788KB, 489x815px
So what are they gonna call this nigga?
>>
>>6139260
Bee has a chance of revival though right now they're "cheating" that by making him appear as Starscream's hallucination.
>>
>>6139405
The colors actually look pretty nice in person, I was surprised. Although I wish the red was more of a rust color. The green is very much rusty copper color though, which I really like.
>>
>>6139361
There's a peg on Victorion's sternum that connects to Rust Dust. It's pretty much the only truly stable plug and it holds her surprisingly well despite that.
>>
>>6139412
Pretty much all the garbage in the quoted post came to be prior to Hasbro getting heavily involved. It's pretty much only been since Dark Cybertron that they decided IDW should be the vehicle for Generations toys. Before that, it was the video games. Point being, IDW sucks without Hasbro restraints and they suck with them, just differently.
>>
>>6139025
Repeat from last thread can bendy prime combine with armada jetfire?
>>
>>6139414
Beeimus Maximus
>>
>>6139425
Eh I don't mind the IDW generations, though it's a bit weird since some of them are earth vehicles while some are cybertronian-esque. I wish we'd go back to those gimmickless generations.
>>
>>6139200
I want Hound to win as well, for one I like him as a character but also I feel if any of the winners get toy updates they'll be extremely underwhelming. Hound at least has the least chance of getting his design messed up.
>>
>>6139420
Ah! Ill check that out when I get back home. Thank you. >>6139420
>>
File: I will miss the old one.jpg (127KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
I will miss the old one.jpg
127KB, 960x960px
>>6139414
Buffrog
Beericade
Beetista
>>
>>6139414
Ultra Bee, Bee Prime. I assume it'd be a name more like Optimus Maximus, than a wholly new name like Menasor. Bumblebee's name just isn't as easy to use. And you'd think they'd maybe use some of the rest of the team in the name, but it isn't easy with 4 members. idkidk
>>
>>6139414
Rumblebee Prime.
>>
>>6139456
>Rumblebee

Could totally see this happening
>>
>>6139414
Africanized Bee
>>
>>6139465
>BigBeeCockpit
>>
>fiddle around with my DOTM Starscream after years and want to upgrade to the oversized KO
>remember that i haven't got triggerhappy
>can't find either anywhere
>>
>>6139472
Triggerhappy?
>>
>>6139474
I'm not on the US so I'm fucked if I can't find it on retail or locally online.
Fuck, the OS Starscream was even on sale at one store near me.

>>6139446
>inb4 it becomes G1 AOE Hound
>>
File: compar.jpg (94KB, 589x592px) Image search: [Google]
compar.jpg
94KB, 589x592px
>>6139484
Well that's only if he starts growing a beard and smoking a cygar. Maybe he'll be the medic too.
>>
File: image.jpg (893KB, 1530x1856px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
893KB, 1530x1856px
>>
>>6139492
I sometimes put Generations Chromia and FE Arcee in unicycle mode when posing.

Also, did you leave Chromia out in the sun too long?
>>
>>6139449
Shame it wasn't Bumblebee with limbs made out of other Bumblebees (y'know to clear out the walls of 'Bees stores demand) called the Hive.
>>
>>6139526
Would that solve the Bee shelfwarming crisis though?
>>
File: tfw no more gratuituous blame.png (34KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no more gratuituous blame.png
34KB, 225x225px
>>6139527
>have so many bees it threatens the chances of the toy section ever selling anything
>add more bees
>>
>>6139551
>Buy one get four
>they combine into one new Bee
Clearance sale gold.
>>
>>6139498
As funny as that would've been, no. That's literally what her face looked like when I got her out of the package (god do I miss 10 dollar deluxes).

I like to think of it as battle damage to try to make it better, but I still shake my head every time I look at her.
>>
>>6139433

Nah. He can't even turn into an upper body.
>>
>>6139361
I'd be alright with her if her color scheme wasn't vomit inducing.
>>
>>6139560
If the plastic connected across, it would make for a neat scrappy eye-patch.

>PUNISHED CHROMIA
>A FEM WITHOUT SCREENTIME
>>
>>6139574

Is that a deleted scene I do not remember that at all...
>>
>>6139414

Beeter of Ass.
>>
>>6139414
Vespidus Maximus?
>>
>>6139624

Hivemind would be a good name for a Bumblebee combiner.
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 2048x1536px
>>6139361
>picking autobots
>when this is your next combiner
>>
>>6139613
No one does.

I just have good memory for shit movies. The extended cut only had extra Devastator scenes and +5 seconds of Optimus getting gangbanged by Grindor in the armpits.

Also !bonecrusher
>>
>>6139629
Optimus going full G1 Menasor here, just strapping cars on his arms and legs and calling it a day.
>>
Menasor in RID
>>
>>6139629
Why didn't they use the Masquerade guys instead of any random popular autobot they took out of a hat again?
>>
>>6139629
I admit. I kind of regret picking Autobots; I especially wish I had the insecticons. But Superion is pretty cool. And the dinobots.
>>
What is the best way to tighten Scourge/Highbrows neck socket?
>>
File: GUN GOD MEET YOUR AVATAR.jpg (337KB, 630x969px) Image search: [Google]
GUN GOD MEET YOUR AVATAR.jpg
337KB, 630x969px
>>6139263
>What the fuck is IDW raping TF so badly
that's only really in the main continuity, Transformers vs GI Joe was amazing
>>
>>6139675

Is it not holding the head in, or is it flopping? Because the flopping is wholly due to the fact the front/back of the connector doesn't have anything to stop the head of the TM from tilting forward/back in the connector, because the connector on those guys is raised out of the body, probably due to the leg rotation gimmick inside of the body.
>>
>>6138314
>>6138496
When you put it like that I almost want to take apart my uw motormaster to see if I can get it back together again.
>>
>>6139712
Its the flopping issue
>>
File: IMG_3623.jpg (631KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3623.jpg
631KB, 1600x1200px
To all CANADIANS who were on the fence to buy TR Fortmax because he's so damn expensive for a Metroplex redo.

Well, TR Fortmax is on clearance at Toys r Us right now at 149.98$CAN, and the second clearance item is 50% off!

So I bought 2 of them. And then, sold the other one to a friend for half the bill. In the end, we both have a TR Fortmax at around 130$CAN all taxes included! (That's around 97$US total for each)
>>
File: IMG_3624.jpg (557KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3624.jpg
557KB, 1600x1200px
>>6139808

So, fellow Canadians, get yourself a partner and split the bill!
>>
File: Epic-Figures.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Epic-Figures.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
Quickshadow (bottom left) is a fembot, right?
>>
>>6139811
Sorry, bottom right.
>>
>>6139808
>tfw nearest TRU is a 4 hour drive away
>never ever has the things I'm looking for
>>
>>6139811
You could have figured this out for yourself by googling the name instead of going through the effort of saving that picture, browsing to it on your computer to attach it to that post, and typing out the captcha.
>>
>>6139814
Why drive, when you can get it online?

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=95607646
>>
File: b-baka.jpg (20KB, 177x249px) Image search: [Google]
b-baka.jpg
20KB, 177x249px
So /tfg/, any of you guys have little brothers or sisters that are fans of Transformers or the cartoons?

Can't really tell from my place if TF is relevant to the kids as much as the Toonami stuff.
>>
>>6139828
My toddler nephews are more interested in Robocar Poli and Paw Patrol.
>>
>>6139828
>Nephew and niece aged 10 and 8
>Coaxed me to play hide and seek with them for an hour or so.
>Do so for five rounds. Get a bit hungry
>Tell nephew we can go for another round only IF he transforms the Bumblebee he had for four years.
>Cries because he hates anything resembling the mechanics of a rubicks cube
>His little sister takes the Bee and transforms it effortlessly because she's the one playing with all his Bumblebees and one dinobot.
>Nephew cries harder because niece did something he didn't want to do
>Runs out of the house in shame while the sister chases after him, apologizing

Neither of them watches Transformers on CN, though they may have watched Bayformers 1 on Disney Channel.
>>
>>6139191
That megatron

Ewww
>>
>>6139267

...I thought they were called "Tigerbeast" and "Eaglebeast". ...I still think those are marginally better names.

>>6139269

Thunderwing was 'dead' for centuries until Bludgeon fired him up again with O-13. He 'died' again until the Dead Universe guys resurrected him again. I think the exo-skeleton is working perfectly... he's safe from death, capable of being reactivated time and time again so long as they give him energy - and all he had to give in return was his mind.

>>6139306

Beg to differ.

>>6139323

Maybe they can get him out of his shell somehow.
>>
>>6139347

Not the planet. Himself. The planet was fucked, that was his whole point.

They never really explained why he was so absurdly powerful, but Bludgeon believed - IIRC - that he had become the avatar of the Transformers' sins against Cybertron, sort of channelling the environmental damage and weaponizing stuff like atmospheric decay and shit.

>>6139361

I think I prefer the Megatronia repaint.
>>
>>6139412
>"Why is hasbro pissing in IDW's mouth"

Hey, man, live and let live. If IDW is into stuff like that...

>>6139433

No. Super Optimus can't combine with anyone.

>>6139527

Shelfwarming is a myth invented by the Chinese.
>>
>>6139574

One thing - probably the ONLY thing - I do like about the live-action movies were the nonhumanoid altmodes.

>>6139717

Don't do it on a dare. I still hurt inside over this.

>>6139839

Nephews and nieces are awesome. Cherish them.
>>
>>6139414
Minimus Effortus.
>>
>>6139317
Is there a reference there that I'm not getting?
>>
File: bumblebee_smug.jpg (12KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
bumblebee_smug.jpg
12KB, 320x180px
>>6139414
Rev-Up or Rollout.
>>
>>6139929
ROLLIMUS COMBINUS MAXIMUS.
>>
>>6139912
I thought that name was taken?
>>
File: 1278612027954.jpg (193KB, 640x897px) Image search: [Google]
1278612027954.jpg
193KB, 640x897px
>>6139414
Lord Bumblecron, is that you?
>>
>>6139955
I like that he looks like he's sitting on a throne.
>>
>>6139414
Bumblefuck Maximus
>>
>>6139414
Fucknigger Gayfuckimus
>>
>>6139955
So many bad figures in one photo jesus christ
>>
>>6139975
>cybertron optimus
>cyberstron starscream
>unicron
>bumblebee

the rest, sure, they're shit tier, but those are good (if only starscream had modern arms and ankles....)
>>
>>6139280
Actually according to Nick Roche, the DJD twist was planned out right about issue 7.
What really hurt the comic was a mix of crossovers and Roberts not understanding how slow comics cause momentum and expectations to fly upward.
>>
>>6139808
>implying my TRU ever gets box sets

anon please
I'm still praying amazon.ca finally knocks him down to a good price again.
I was a little bit short on cash around the time he was down to 130$ and had to pass
>>
>>6139280
>Time travel being an instantly available ability yet rarely used at all
I see you didn't read what you are complaining about. That or you can't into reading comprehension.
>>
>>6139924
Jews, self-hating liberals, and the media.
>>
File: nobait.png (3KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
nobait.png
3KB, 225x224px
>>6139306
>>
File: 1462298483888.png (94KB, 225x247px) Image search: [Google]
1462298483888.png
94KB, 225x247px
>>6139808
>50% off retail and half of that makes a deal 97$
>basically 35% for US.
>Fort Max has been clearance as low as $75 and $55 in the states.
Shit man Canada has it hellish.
>>
File: 0202017205523.jpg (187KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
0202017205523.jpg
187KB, 720x960px
I got drunk and spent $60 shipped on a lot on ebay that had two six shots and two shock blasts just so I could piece this guy together. It actually look pretty dope, but what arms would I use? It'd be nice if I didn't have to paint them so I could fiddle with it without worrying about scuffing.
>>
File: file.png (180KB, 875x939px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
180KB, 875x939px
>>6140059
I still don't quite get it, I think I must have read the last issue while drunk. Megatron gets pissy over Tarn breaking Ravage in two, so he finally gets off his ass to do something about it, and procedes to just kill the DJD with some manner of black space magic, but not before revealing that Tarn was Glitch all along and why does that matter?
And why the fuck did Skids have to die for the rest of the squad to get the equivalent of Mario's power star for ten seconds?
And then Roller's also there. I don't even know what's happening in these goddamned stories anymore, weren't they gonna go find the Knights of Cybertron several years ago?
>>
Had a shipping deadline approach on some HLJ private warehouse garbage so I put everything I had stowed away on an order, shipping ended up being really damn cheap.

Two UW box sets and 3 MPs only ran me like 65$ shipping or so for EMS, which was the cheapest option somwhow.
>>
File: Shockwaves.jpg (179KB, 1728x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Shockwaves.jpg
179KB, 1728x1024px
>>6140089
>what arms would I use.
>>
>>6140097
That's pretty fun actually. How's it done?
>>
File: 0b9.gif (2MB, 277x193px) Image search: [Google]
0b9.gif
2MB, 277x193px
Could someone pleade post the images with the overviews of all the TR Waves with that want/have template?

Thanks!
gif unrelated
>>
File: Shockwave Attachment.jpg (198KB, 1792x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Shockwave Attachment.jpg
198KB, 1792x1008px
>>6140100
Uh, it's not very straight-forward. It's done with this attachment that I designed and hand-crafted by stacking and gluing sheets of Styrene (after cutting them into shape/size). Everything was done on-the-go so I have no drawings to replicate it... Maybe you can design and 3D print your own one if you're handy.

Since you have two Shockblasts you can also just have the claw arms hold the Legends one...that was my original plan.
>>
File: IMAG2446.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2446.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
Oi Britbongs, found this in my local Tesco near Glasgow.

They don't stock anything above legends class so no clue if the leaders are out yet, but the deluxes/voyagers can he found at A1 Toys at least.
>>
>>6140122
Ah! I see. Thanks for the look though. I may see about doing something similar.

I really wish I could have swapped put the light piping / eye from shockblast into the six shot head, but I just cannot get those heads open. They're glued and pinned.
>>
File: 20160229_233345.jpg (77KB, 1021x691px) Image search: [Google]
20160229_233345.jpg
77KB, 1021x691px
>>6140128
I thought about doing something to the clear green plastic parts too. But after seeing how the assembly works...meh.
>>
>>6140139
>that top turret with legends Shockwave

I love it. I'm definitely doing this. I'll headcanon it as this is how Shockwave reformatted after the Dark Energon story.
>>
>>6140123
Which tesco would that be?

Kinda peeved, payed more than standard retail price to get them from kapow, literally got them yesterday.
>>
>>6140216
Tesco Extra in Kilmarnock, still haven't seen them in Glasgow itself which is weird, we never get anything new down here.
>>
>>6140091
It would have worked, but the pacing was so godawful that it killed any impotance those scenes would have gotten.

A more interesting scenario wouldh have been:

-Guys get power up, and are shown most of the issue fighting, including taking on the DJD
-Spice up with something, like Skid's dying from guilt
-Next issue continues this, but the powers start fading. Ravage loses focus thanks to the power loss, then gets killed (and I mean completely, he doesn't explain shit after, we only see his corpse). Megatron goes to town on some Decepticons, kills may be one or two DJD members.
-Now come up with a believable, but clever way to kill the other two members (I personally vote for Megatron shrinking inside Tarn, then enlarging and killing him).
-Leave the missing Cybertronian plot line for another time.
>>
>>6140078
You see in general why most countries hate the US. We have had it good for to long.
>>
>>6140091
>I still don't quite get it, I think I must have read the last issue while drunk. Megatron gets pissy over Tarn breaking Ravage in two, so he finally gets off his ass to do something about it, and procedes to just kill the DJD with some manner of black space magic, but not before revealing that Tarn was Glitch all along and why does that matter?

It didn't matter because it had little connection to anyone and was a one-off character we saw, like, twice. Before they disappeared. Megatron has antimatter control to an extent, hence the black magic bullshit (he tore them up with antimatter).

>And why the fuck did Skids have to die for the rest of the squad to get the equivalent of Mario's power star for ten seconds?

They figured out someones spark going through trauma can give the rest of them a power up. Skids volunteered because guilt, and then died from it because it's trauma. It'd be like shooting yourself in the chest to give your buddy Hulk strength. You'll probably die from it, and he did.

>And then Roller's also there. I don't even know what's happening in these goddamned stories anymore, weren't they gonna go find the Knights of Cybertron several years ago?

Because someone (Necrobot) has been fucking with the time stream, saving people who were lost to history but whose bodies weren't discovered (ie: people that could reasonably have lived because no confirmation of death was found). As to just why, who knows, Necrobot is dead now.
>>
>>6140239
Ah, well that's a relief since it's out of my area, did they have the titanmasters?
>>
>>6140123
Cool, better check my Tesco too.
>>
>>6140260
Nah none of them either, only legends class and RIDshit
>>
>>6140282
Oh and A1 Toys had the SDCC Fort Max for £99 when I was last in, tempted to jump on it but the QC issues I've read about probably aren't worth the risk.
>>
File: 20170121_115038_resized.jpg (1023KB, 2064x2320px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_115038_resized.jpg
1023KB, 2064x2320px
I'm been curious about something. My MP Soundwave's tape deck door seems slightly crooked when shut as a result of it only locking it in place on the one side, and the leg kibble doesn't straighten out perfectly straight as it is supposed to (folds perfectly fine for tape deck mode though).

Does anyone else have these slight "tolerance" issues on their Soundwave? This is the Asia reissue but I'm curious about other versions as well.
>>
>>6140294
According to certain forums that trigger anons here that is very common QC it suffers. God save you talking about it though. Soundwave fans are pretty big apologists.
>>
>>6140301
heh, could have just gone "[blank] fans are pretty big apologists".

They're pretty negligible issues at least.
>>
>>6140307
Fair enough it just seems like the wave guys have bigger defense forces
>>
File: fort max just let me die.jpg (72KB, 539x702px) Image search: [Google]
fort max just let me die.jpg
72KB, 539x702px
>>6139808

I know one TRU that still had Fort Max.

I might have to take that offer.

I know I'll never get a Fort Max for less than a 100. :/
>>
>>6140311
Both Shockwave and Soundwave don't get a lot of figures made even though they are popluar characters
>>
>>6140367
>Soundwave doesn't get a lot of figures.

He has 36 different releases on TFwiki, which is only counting his G1 look, not taking into account Prime, Beast Machines, The movie figures, or 3rd parties.

Shockwave comparitively has 12 listed not counting things like statueshit and non-G1 styled figures.

You want to talk about popular characters that don't get a lot of figures lets look at the Headmasters. They are hugely popular, especially chromedome.

He has gotten five toys, 3 of which are the original mold, one TFCC exclusive, and a shitty TR figure that doesn't even have the proper body shape for him. The only decent chromedome figure comes from Maketoys, a 3rd party, which is sad since Has/Tak can't even make their own character look good as a toy but some nips with lawyers can.
>>
>>6140367
I guess he meant that they don't get a lot of figures made in the sense that if they weren't so difficult to repaint they could probably get a new mold every line.
>>
>>6139808
What is the return/exchange policy for clearance items at TRU?
>>
>>6140447
I think you get back the price you paid with receipt, or current lowest sale price without.

Do they even do no-receipt returns though? Most stores don't anymore.
>>
>>6140451
>no receipt returns
That I know they dont.
>>
>>6140462
If you kick up enough of a fuss you can usually get at least something back without a receipt.

Clearance sales are typically final though
>>
>>6140471
>If you kick up enough of a fuss you can usually get at least something back without a receipt.

Don't be that guy. Speaking as a retail worker, every single one of us sees you as an entitled cunt if you try to return something without the receipt unless you legitimately lost it. You know the rules, don't make it harder on everyone involved.
>>
>>6140108
pl0x
>>
File: 1483876419717.png (453KB, 1568x2308px) Image search: [Google]
1483876419717.png
453KB, 1568x2308px
>>6140108

You mean this?
>>
File: tumblr_mjkfjrIFyZ1s8r2c1o1_400.jpg (45KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjkfjrIFyZ1s8r2c1o1_400.jpg
45KB, 600x677px
>>6140646
>make brainstorm an exclusive for a US-only store
>still have the gall to chuck a literal who and redeco in hasbro white plastic into the third wave for no reason
>>
>>6140694
Brainstorm is easy to find online, still wish Getaway was only a head, that doby isn't even white.
>>
File: image.jpg (781KB, 1568x2308px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
781KB, 1568x2308px
>>6140646
Are we posting these now?
>>
File: 16156.png (2MB, 972x762px) Image search: [Google]
16156.png
2MB, 972x762px
>>6140254
>As to just why, who knows, Necrobot is dead now.
Except we now exactly why.
>>
>>6140646
I'm so glad I only want the new TM, Legends, and 2-3 deluxes out of wave 4. Now if the Voyagers and Leaders for wave 3 would start showing up.
>>
>>6140646
I thought wave 4 was the final wave.
>>
>>6140781
CW went for 6 waves, didn't it?
>>
>>6140781
Without the Voyager Prime/Megatron repaints happening?
>>
>>6140707
>Brainstorm is easy to find online

Not that anon, but c'mon man. Having to pay markups on it is still annoying.

Especially when the Blurr mold share was such a blue overdose.
>>
Just getting Sawback, turns out his lion mode has space for a TM to ride it and tuck the legs in. Sadly, it has no pegs but there was nothing stopping them from adding those. Also, you can leave Sawback combined with the vehicle when you transform it into shield mode (I really love most of them let you do this).

Posting a pic in a moment.
>>
File: 20170121_211601.jpg (3MB, 3120x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_211601.jpg
3MB, 3120x3120px
>>6140795
>>
Tell me about these molds, /tfg/. Still need em for my CHUG collection:
>rts windcharger (i have cw windcharger)
>classics mirage (i have cw mirage)
>classics astrotrain (i have tr astrotrain)
>rts tracks and generations wheeljack
>wfc soundwave
>wfc megatron
>generations scourge
>generations thunderwing
>generations skullgrin
>generations orion pax
>generations chromia
>gdo cliffjumper
>wfc cliffjumper
>generations rhinox
>generations sky-byte
>generations metroplex
>tr ravage
>tr bumblebee
>tr brawn
>tr kickback
>tr sharkticon
>tr doublecross
>tr hot rod
>tr triggerhappy
>tr laser prime
>tr megatron
>tr blaster and soundwave
>tr sixshot
>tr fort max
>>
>>6140809
>looks amazing (CW is shit)
>Great, but you may not need
>why bother you have the TR
>get them
>get him
>get him too
>don't need
>get him
>okay
>fantastic
>Prime Arcee again
>dwayne 'the repaint' johnson
>get it if you like Rhinox
>why did they make this again
>IT'S GIANT AND YOU NEED IT
>skip
>skip
>the only Brawn we're likely to see, get him
>fills the gap in your insecticons
>I skipped, but he looks nice
>DRAGON HANDS
>good enough replacement for Classics
>best of the bunch according to everybody
>wait for Octane
>wait for Blitzwing
>if you hate money and love big robots, sure
>It's Sixshot
>snag for a deal, >$100 if you can
>>
>>6140809
Sure:

>rts windcharger
-Recommended, nice mold but can be pricey.
>classics mirage (i have cw mirage)
-Probably my favorite classics mold, and can be found cheap.
>rts tracks and generations wheeljack
-Only having Wheeljack, I say wait for new one's
>wfc soundwave
He's ok, but not I toy I'd go out of my way to get.
>wfc megatron
-A nice looking deluxe Megatron, but he's lacking in a few areas (mostly not having 5mm ports on the hands). Still recommend him.
>generations scourge
-Better articulation than the TR, but has balance issues.
>generations orion pax
-While his articulation is excellent, his transformation to me is bland (see a video). If you don't mind the transformation, get him.
>wfc cliffjumper
-Have Bumblebee. Don't get him, his transformation is a pain, and he just looks awkward.
>generations rhinox
-Very floppy knees, and waist. Can be fixed but if you don't like fixing toys, then don't get him.
>generations metroplex
-Love it, but his aftermarket prices are horrible. If you can get him for at least 150, get it.
>tr ravage
Horrible, just horrible.
>tr bumblebee
-He's nice.
>tr kickback
-Translucent plastic painted black, and rubber head.
>tr sharkticon
-Nice beast mode, but the robot mode legs are very lacking.
>tr doublecross
-Owning Blitzwing, I can say it's not one of my favorite. Ignoring the face gimmick (since DC doesn't have it), it's vehicle modes don't hold well together. He also has a rubber nosecone, so whatever you do, NEVER leave him on yourself transformed into his vehicle modes for long periods of time.
>tr hot rod
-Better than the classics version, but many hate the painted spoiler, and new proportions.
>tr triggerhappy
-Fantastic. Aside from articulation issues due to the cannons, it's excellent.
>tr blaster and soundwave
-Soundwave's helmet looks odd, and his chest gold flakes off (but has an extra weapon). Blaster's helmet looks nicer but the eyes don't show up on the helmet's slit and his colors are blander than Soundwave
>>
What's the best CHUG Megatron?
>>
>>6140840
>tr fort max
Not really worth it at 150, but if you can get him for 50-70 dollars less, than go for it.

Do NOT get it if you get Metroplex, since Metroplex is just straight up better.
>>
>>6140841
When they finally make one, I'll let you know.
>>
>>6140842
What makes Metroplex better?
>>
>>6140850
it's the same mold but with more stuff.
>>
>>6140850
More accessories, better interactivity with figures (FM is suppose to work well with TM, but he barely does anything with them), and better transformations.
>>
>>6140850
Metroplex is Metroplex. It comes with Metroplex and Metroplex Accesories. It's Metroplex/10.

Fortmax is a really shitty Metroplex remold that's just Metroplex with a midsection and blockier limbs, that performs yoga instead of transforming and comes with an articulated head instead of any guns or a sward.
>>
>>6140859
The sword thing still annoys me to no end. Just including it with preorders or anything would have been enough, instead you had to get a fucking convention exclusive version, get it from Asia, or the Takara FM.

The PE sword isn't really an option since it uses diecast, and the arms can barely hold shit as is.
>>
>>6140868
Aren't there suppose to be KO swords and guns for him being made?
>>
>>6140872
Yeah, but the Sword isn't a straight KO since it's translucent and was altered so it wasn't a 1:1 copy.

And yes, the guys who made that sword are also selling a gun (with the sword, and separately, the sword isn't being sold on it's own).

PE also made their own gun, no idea if it uses diecast.
>>
File: fo22812-jpg[1].27667711_.jpg (433KB, 1080x1793px) Image search: [Google]
fo22812-jpg[1].27667711_.jpg
433KB, 1080x1793px
>even when Takara copies Hasbro they do a better job

can Hasbrofags be any more cucked?
>>
>>6140393
>and a shitty TR figure that doesn't even have the proper body shape for him.

But G1 Chromedome's body shape is "brick", and the TR one looks pretty damn good. I don't know what body shape you're looking for with the guy.
>>
>>6140909
What is this

Unused (by takara) titanmasters being sold in a pack?
>>
>>6140716

Did a new issue come out? When was this?
>>
>>6140922
From what I can make out, yeah and a WonFest and Cybertron Satellite exclusive.
>>
>>6140909
Ok, it's official, Takara really does do everything better.
>>
>>6140909
What names are they using?
>>
>>6140922
The burger versions being released in sushi land. Hopefully hasbro does the same with that tak versions.
>>
>>6140932
Grimlock
Chromedome
Gong
Hardhead
Flywheel
Brainstorm
>>
>>6140921
>that image
Maximum cringe.
>>
>>6140925
mtmte 55, the issue where the djd were defeated. you weren't complaining about a comic without actually reading it, were you?
>>
>>6140937
So the alternate heads for Brainstorm, Hardhead, and Chromedome are the same? Weird. At least people over there will be able to get these, we'll never get the option to get the Takara heads.
>>
>>6140909
Neat.
>>
>>6140943

Totally forgot it was in that issue actually. The season finale was so bad my mind has been trying to forget it ever happened.
>>
>>6140909
Takara just covered all TM form wave 1 and 2 in one fell swoop.

Possible (normal) Takara LG releases are now:

TM: Wilder, Lione, Shuffler, Repugnus
Legends class: Steeljaw, Rumble, Eject, Frenzy, Buzzsaw, Brawn, Roadburn
Deluxe: Triggerhappy, Hot Rod, Doublecross, Perceptor, Kup, Topspin, Triggerhappy
Voyager: Megatron, Broadside
Leader: Sixshot

Characters that may not get released: Black Shadow, voyager Prime.

Possible Exclusive (heads): Overkill, Swoop, Getaway, Triggerhappy
>>
File: 59479103_p0.png (3MB, 1200x1725px) Image search: [Google]
59479103_p0.png
3MB, 1200x1725px
Anyone know where I can find the Transformers Legends pack-in manga? I want to translate more of them.
>>
I just saw an image of Alternity Transformers and the car modes looked fucking amazing. Why can't the car modes be good like that?
>>
>>6139414
Blumbus Maximums
>>
>>6139808
You're quite the broski.
>>
>>6140840
you're thinking of the wrong character, when he said Doublecross, he meant TR Twinferno
>>
>>6140841
if you don't mind him being deluxe sized, then probably the one that turns into a stealth bomber
>>
>>6140909
>tfw Takaras budget goes completely to painting and none to engineering
hows it feel to be retarded japs
>>
>>6141032
Oh, you're right. No idea how I made that mistake

-Doublecross is a weird one. I like his beast mode, but his robot mode arms (the dragon heads down to their necks) are molded in an odd position, the dragon heads aren't on a swivel and the robot mode lacks a waist swivel (I personally find the robot mode pretty boring on him, specially since they used his Headmasters anime face for some reason, despite Hasbro going for toy/comic accuracy on everything else). So if you like the dragon mode, and a transformation that's kind of interesting, then go for it. If the robot mode bugs you, then pass on it.
>>
>>6141038
So weird they skipped the minibeasts, Apeface got repainted as Optimal, but they'll have to import chibi Fangry and chibi Repugnus.
>>
>>6141046
Dude, the legends line isn't over, they'll pack mini Fangry and Chibi Repugnus with some Autobots and Decepticons like they've done with all the other vehicles.

It's going to take way longer, but it's happening.
>>
>>6140967
Because geewun babies hate anything that looks good.
>>
>>6140967
Japanese cars
>>
CHUG Shockwave when?
>>
>>6140967
Because those paint jobs drive the price point up, because getting actual car licenses is something they've rarely wanted to bother doing, and because it caused legitimate compromises to the robot modes because Licensers demand that the car modes only be compromised in certain ways.
>>
>>6140909

Fuucccckkkkk
>>
File: DoublecrossShoryuken.jpg (892KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DoublecrossShoryuken.jpg
892KB, 1600x1200px
>>6141040
>(I personally find the robot mode pretty boring on him

But who else can dragonpunch someone with a dragon punch?
>>
>>6141194
Yeah, but everything else looks so generic. The toy head might have helped since his Headmasters head is super generic.
>>
Certainly Hasbro will give us a set with all of the Takara Titan Masters... r-right?
>>
Weirdwolf is really nice. For years since CW started all the robots have have giant boxy legs, but here comes Weirdwolf in this joint with his nice and cylindrical normal dude legs..
>>
>>6141267
>$30 for a bunch of tiny heads
PFFFFFFFFFFTTT
>>
Why do you guys think Hasbro nixed ankle joints? Do you think they will ever return?
>>
>>6141274
The CW line was a dark time.
>>
>>6141279

Kids don't care, and it's one less bit of plastic or complexity they can cut out from most figures.
>>
>>6141279

All depends on transformation schemes. And budget.
>>
>>6141277
If it were all the 5 takara headmasters and ginrai I would do it in a heartbeat. Saves me probably more than 100 bucks to buy the actual figures.
>>
>>6141280

CW was great. We haven't gotten good updates to combiners before, and it did what it set out to do.

Yeah, there was a lot of mold reuse, but that was fine as long as you collected only the G1 combiners rather than trying to nab everything.
>>
>>6141101
CHUG Shockwave circa last year, with the CW version.
Small, yeah, but he becomes a 5mm compatible gun, which is a pretty incredible way of keeping his original altmode and giving him play value with combiners and just Really Big Dudes.
>>
>>6141292
CW was when I first started collecting. I remember thinking they all looked boxy and and boring. But now I think CW is the most amazing thing ever.

Funny thing. I put some CW handfeet sets on eBay, and people actually paid me good prices for them. They basically paid off 50% of my knock-off PE sets.
>>
File: Skullcruncher2.jpg (842KB, 1251x1197px) Image search: [Google]
Skullcruncher2.jpg
842KB, 1251x1197px
>>6141325

Yeah, it was CW that got me back into things too. I hadn't had a Transformers since the 80's. Now I've got all sorts of crazy shit and it's sort of filled a void in my buying schedules between video games, since less and less good games are made each year it seems.
>>
File: grimlockthumb.jpg (17KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
grimlockthumb.jpg
17KB, 360x240px
>>6140909
>Grimlock's visor isn't blue
So much for cartoon accuracy.
>>
>>6141280
gb2 TFW
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224KB, 2016x1136px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224KB, 2016x1136px
>>6141342
>G1 accuracy

not a mandate of Titans Return.
>>
>>6141391
>Titans Return
We're talking Legends here. Takara usually go for show accuracy.
>>
>>6141402
hard to be show-accurate with the shitty Marvel Comics eyes molded on.
>>
File: Mainframe.png (568KB, 689x1167px) Image search: [Google]
Mainframe.png
568KB, 689x1167px
Who's with me?
>>
How much is Ex Gokin Alpha Trion worth buying for, over 100?

>>6141405
Could be a cheap repaint, using the clobber head.
>>
>>6141403
Yeah, so they remolded the face entirely to MAKE it show-accurate.
The point is they expected the headmaster grimlock to have a blue visor because that's how he was in the show and it'd provide better incentive to buy the set.
>>
File: 1391111064839.png (102KB, 321x326px) Image search: [Google]
1391111064839.png
102KB, 321x326px
>>6141405
My fucking dick. We need more Action Master characters.
>>
>>6141267
>>
File: P_20170122_205030.jpg (495KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170122_205030.jpg
495KB, 1152x2048px
>Be in Okinawa, JAPAN for 3 days
>This is all i can find
>Not even seeing a LG figure
>Or find the B box

Thanks, Obama
>>
>>6141462
We should be thanking Donald now.
>>
>>6141463
Thanks Chrump
>>
>>6141462
Did you try 711? Also look at some of the capsule machines. Dont just look at the transformers you baka
>>
>>6141405
Don't know the guy, but I'd get him because he looks cool.
>>
>>6141494
>711

I don't think I ever saw one during my days here.
It is either family mart and lawson. While they do carry some stuff, they are really cheap candy toys.
The Kabaya I got is from Aeon super market for almost $10.
And then capsule is not any better in term of selection, though the Okinawa only and the aquarium stuff are rather nice.
>>
File: hino akane yes.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
hino akane yes.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>6141405

yes please
>>
>>6141504
Don don don, don-key~, donkey~ houte~!

Hyaku hyaku hyaku en, hyaku hyaku hyaku en, rawson super ichiban hyakuen. Lawson hyaku hyaku en

DadaaadadaaaadaaaA~! Labi!

You'll have fun at Yodo Bashi Ka, Meee~, Raahh~!
>>
>>6141405
Considering all the effort John puts in these days, you would fit right in.
>>
>>6141510
which John? You mean Mallamas? Yeah, he is a lazy little fuck who can only smear craft paint on an existing toy and call it new. I don't care if Hasbro hired a white nationalist brown-skin, I don't buy their shit anyway.
>>
>>6139312

Except not.
>>
>>6139355

Shattered Glass was retarded. Polar opposites and someone elses colors
>>
>>6139433

There is no toy called Bendy Prime
>>
>>6139816

You could have said yes or no instead of acting like a cuntrag, you know?
>>
>>6139828

I have nieces
>>
>>6141534
What are nicknames?
>>
>>6140956
Same, I haven't even looked to see if there are more recent issues carrying the story forward because it's just getting too hard to follow or care about. I just wanted some fun space adventures with transforming robots, now we're like 4 years into a quest that hasn't started yet.
>>
>>6139191

>>No Rodimus
>>
File: brock yes.png (320KB, 507x384px) Image search: [Google]
brock yes.png
320KB, 507x384px
>>6141405
I need this in my life very badly, I don't care what it transforms into, even if it's nothing.
>>
File: rodimus watches the g1 movie.png (416KB, 322x720px) Image search: [Google]
rodimus watches the g1 movie.png
416KB, 322x720px
>>6141549
would you vote for him though?
>>
File: did you just fucking stab me.jpg (1MB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
did you just fucking stab me.jpg
1MB, 1280x1707px
>>6139433
You have been asking about that toy for the last five threads, why don't you shit or get off the pot? Buy it or don't, we don't care, but you've waffled for a week and keep asking us shit that you could learn in five minutes from a video review.
>>
File: IMG_20170111_231448_716.jpg (92KB, 745x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170111_231448_716.jpg
92KB, 745x600px
>>6139412
>hasbro pissing in IDW's mouth
>>
File: stop posting for your own sake.gif (1MB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
stop posting for your own sake.gif
1MB, 400x374px
>>6141566
>posting this cringeworthy meme every thread for the next four years
>>
File: 20170121_202443.jpg (162KB, 750x518px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_202443.jpg
162KB, 750x518px
Who else Masterforce here?
>>
>>6141589
If we would actually get new molds of the characters and not Aaron-Archer-Tier head swaps or heads for the sake of 'gimmick', I'd be all for it.
>>
File: 51++px7d0SL.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51++px7d0SL.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
Are these worth it?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011MIX0CI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B011MIX0CI&linkId=cc75b1c07c4290e1591f2360db1c24dd
>>
>>6141603
Probably not.
>>
File: 1455830885379.jpg (72KB, 450x426px) Image search: [Google]
1455830885379.jpg
72KB, 450x426px
>>6141405

Please make this a thing.
>>
>>6141603
Not a bad deal if you don't have other CW combiners already or don't plan on getting UW Computicon.
>>
>>6141301
CW Shockwave is magnificent but he seriously needs a good voyager or something.

They could just make him transform into an artillery gun or something that resembles the gun mode, I'd be happy with that for a chug Shockwave. Or even just a tank I guess.
>>
London Toy Fair is this Sunday and I just want to say that I will go there just for Transformers The Last Knight Toy Line,maybe for Trypticon too.Don't forget that taking pictures is forbidden so you will have to wait till New York Toy Fair.
>>
April 2017
Transformers Movie 5Optimus Peek A Bot Rollin Rig
Transformers Movie 5Rubiks
Transformers Movie 5 First Edition Helmet
Transformers Movie 5 Turbo Changer Blind Bag
Transformers Movie 5 Turbo Changer
Transformers Movie 5 3 Step Turbo Changer
Transformers Movie 5 Deluxe
Transformers Movie 5 Role Play Helmet
Transformers Movie 5 Legion Figure Assorted
Transformers Movie 5 Voyager
Transformers Movie 5 Leader
Transformers Movie 5 Turbo Changer Feature
Transformers Movie 5 RC Earth
Transformers Movie 5 Power Cube Figures
Transformers Movie 5 Power Cube Starter Kit
>>
>>6141614
>Rubiks cube
>>
>>6139273
>Also, the TR Blaster/Soundwave mold has a big square hole in its belly, what's that for?
Soundwave has a piece that looks like his old play/stop/rewind buttons
>>
>>6141038
To fix Hasbro's engineering mistakes, right? I mean, that's what you're implying with this post.
>>
>>6140960
Why would they not release Black Shadow? If anything they'll find a way to turn Broadside into Blue Bacchus
>>
>>6141549
he was name dropped in the press release with Optimus.

there's a good chance of him getting a toy in this line.
>>
Beast Wars was the best TF show and one of the greatest toylines. I hope Primal wins so that we'll get a new version of him.
>>
>>6141774
Maybe if he wins they'll finish out the show cast in the Generations line? I'd love to have updates for everyone's S1 body.

Also mods=gods
>>
>>6140694
>literal who

Getaway. He was a G1 Powermaster character
>>
>>6141546
>I just wanted some fun space adventures with transforming robots

That's what you've been getting the last 4 years, moron.
>>
>>6140792

Remolds
>>
>>6140921
>>Chinese recording

whatever are you blathering on about?
>>
>>6141784
Don't call me a moron, you stupid cuck.
>>
>>6141534
Bendy Prime is Deluxe Armada Prime. Given that nickname because he is much more articulated than the first Armada Prime that was released.
>>
File: Lincoln cat tired eyes.jpg (133KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lincoln cat tired eyes.jpg
133KB, 450x600px
>>6141784
>fun
>>
File: 29921.jpg (24KB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
29921.jpg
24KB, 400x255px
>>6141819
Wasn't Bendy Prime the classic deluxe (aka chopper Prime)? he tends to bend in altmode.
>>
>>6139433
Bendy prime can haul Armada Prime's trailer but his cross-toy gimmicks stop there.
>>
>>6141827
I always heard that one referred to as Floptimus Prime, not sure which meme reviewer coined it but it stuck in my mind.
I love that toy though, it's trying so hard and the bot mode is great in spite of the gimmick.
>>
>>6141546

There haven't been many issues since is the thing. The crossover, TR, and delays have slowed things down. But the crossover stuff was pretty good, TR was great for crazy ol' Sentinel Trump, and the newer issues have been good to decent.

It was just the DJD season finale that shit the bed really. Things got better right after.
>>
>>6141827
It's the Armada Supercon. The Classics Deluxe was "the only with the tommy-gun" or "helicopter prime"
>>
>>6141831
I have no real knowledge about Action Man, Rom, Micronauts, or even GI Joe honestly, so trying to follow along with a storytime is difficult. Seeing Kup having fun with a human partner who thinks he's cool was pretty fun though.
>>
London Toy Fair is this Sunday and I just want to say that I will go there just for Transformers The Last Knight Toy Line,maybe for Trypticon too.Don't forget that taking pictures is forbidden so you will have to wait till New York Toy Fair.
>>
>>6141842
Yeah, you told us
>>6141610
>>
>>6139306
War within was amazing, IDW makes me despair
>>
>>6141819

Then call him Deluxe Armada Prime. Bendy sounds retarded. Makes it sound like its one of those rubber figures with the wire inside.
>>
>>6141838

You don't need any knowledge of them because it all starts in the revolution and new issues of their stuff.

Which /co/'s been posting in storytimes pretty consistently. It's been fun stuff so far.
>>
>>6141894
It's just a silly nickname for a good toy in an era of terrible bricks, don't lose sleep over it
>>
>>6141842
>Don't forget that taking pictures is forbidden

Who gives a fuck. Pretend you're on your phone and then snap pics.

You know, what every other fucking person is doing. If they get uppity tell'em to eat shit. What are they gonna do about it?
>>
>>6141904
They'll take his tea and biscuits and kick him out.
>>
File: IMG_0843.jpg (2MB, 3792x2968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0843.jpg
2MB, 3792x2968px
>>6141716
This. Soundwave didn't have that hole
>>
>>6141913
He does, but the new center croch tabs in it, they didn't remold the original center crotch, just added a cover piece.
>>
File: robot dix.jpg (95KB, 1213x304px) Image search: [Google]
robot dix.jpg
95KB, 1213x304px
>>6141913
Forgot my picture, here you can see Soundwave crotch has 2 pieces.
>>
File: nofun.jpg (61KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
61KB, 448x473px
>>6141894
Chill. It was a pretty widespread fun little thing among the TF community at the time and it stuck around pretty solidly, it's not just something I made up.
>>
>>6141970
That's actually a pretty clever way to do a remold since the new piece was probably already on the sprue.
>>
>>6141988
They should have really made a little plug for Blaster though, they left him with a belly button.
>>
>>6141827
I wish there was a slightly improved version of this at voyager size.
The transformation is spot on to the G1 scheme.
>>
>>6142032
Me too, a head-covering flap and a little more hiding of the legs would do wonders, and upscaling it (without the horrendous gimmick) would yield a really nice Prime, there's even room for ankle tilt and wrist swivel if they wanted to get fancy with it.
>>
>>6140798
I heard you can add sawbuck to weirdwolf to make it look a lion? anyone have a picture of that?
>>
>>6140909
>Implying their engineers aren't the same
You're falling for the tribalism mindset there, bro. Hook, line, and sinker.
>>
>>6141832
>helicopter prime
That's fucking good

>>6142032
>>6142041
Yeah despite being terrible at least it's a "proper" optimus prime, which we don't get too much of
>>
>>6142067
>>Implying their engineers aren't the same

But they're not.
>>
File: CifvYXKUkAAa7Ov.jpg (100KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
CifvYXKUkAAa7Ov.jpg
100KB, 800x480px
TransColle when?
>>
Why are modern Transformers limbs so floppy?
>>
>>6142315

New factories who don't have the experience of the old chinese factories. So tolerances are off everywhere and you need to buy a bottle of floor polish to fix any floppy problems.
>>
>>6141509
Is that some official Rawson theme song?
>>
Fuck this shit.

Gave up on buying TFs years ago cause this stuff's overpriced and poorly distributed here on the plains of the European motherland, and the older ones I had kept breaking on me. I don't even touch em, plastic just gets brittle and cracks on the shelf. Some were broken out of the box or just broke from normal use. Never played with them, never bashed them together, never threw them. But they broke.

I say fuck it, not wasting more money on these if I'm having such shit luck with them. Years later (yesterday), I look over the shelf and pick up one of my figs for old time's sake. But I get paranoid flashbacks, what if it breaks? So I transform it gently.

>it breaks

Fucking hell, what is this, a curse? Are my hands instruments of destruction? Can't I even think about Transformers without causing damage to them? By now, the aforementioned Tommygun Prime is the only figure I have that I'm brave enough to touch. That one's too floppy and loose to break.
>>
>>6142460
What did you break?
>>
File: Hamhands.jpg (638KB, 823x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Hamhands.jpg
638KB, 823x1107px
>>6142460
>Are my hands instruments of destruction?
>>
>>6142460
Sounds like you live in a dry-climate area, did your figures get lots of sunlight by chance? I have G1 figures that don't look too worse for wear, but my climate is mostly cold with temperate summers, so the plastic has never really dried out.
>>
>>6142472
Animated Oil Slick's arm. And my spirit.

I mean, that part of the toy always struck me as being awkwardly designed, but I never had this sort of trouble with it. I think I'll just put him back and distance myself from my figs.

>>6142480
They're shaded from the sun. Winter has been unusually cold though, I guess it took a toll on the plastic, especially after a hot summer.
>>
>>6142490
Sorry to hear that anon, but if you have wide temperature fluctuations that can make plastic more brittle, this winter I pulled all my storage bins inside to stay warm.
Also while I never had a problem with Oil Slick, I have had breakage on Bumblebee, Shockwave and Swindle, which makes me think Animated might have had a few poorer batches made.
>>
>>6142496
To be fair Animated was notorious for quality problems. Shoddy paint, parts not fitting together well, and I've read reports about headless Voyager Starscreams and standard Deluxe Lockdowns with broken faces. Speaking of, my Voyager SS had one of its tabs broken on those little flaps on his back.

Oil Slick had another issue though. A thin section of the paint on his torso was missing, and it somehow ended up on his bike mode's handlebars.
>>
>>6142507
One of the pegs holding my lockdown's arms together in car mode broke. Doesn't really affect much but ugh
>>
>>6139679
>)
Ohh yeah, I thought it was just me!
>>
>>6142508
Sucks anon, and I feel your ugh. Stuff like this is just aggravating.
>>
>>6142082
Hasbro is only a marketing company. Takara owns all of Hasbro's engineers.
>>
File: 1485135545610.jpg (28KB, 324x336px) Image search: [Google]
1485135545610.jpg
28KB, 324x336px
>>6142473
Daiburu is awesome, wish I could ignore sad demon crotch tho.
>>
>>6142558
No

Don't ruin Doublecross for me
>>
>>6142528
Hasbro has their own designers. John Warden works under Hasbro. Not Takara. They share most designs but there are different employees on both sides. And the Takara ones do a better job and have a better taste in paint application.
>>
File: 2ec[1].png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec[1].png
572KB, 600x580px
>>6140909
>go into tfw thread about this
>most of the thread is just hasbrofags hoping hasbro does the same with takara heads
>>
File: PlzNoMrScreamface.jpg (230KB, 1031x799px) Image search: [Google]
PlzNoMrScreamface.jpg
230KB, 1031x799px
>>6142560
>>6142558
>>
>>6142560
Hes still awesome, just needs wrist swivels.

>>6142573
Ha.
>>
>>6141809
Okay, faggot moron.
>>
>>6140694
Brainstorm was made exclusive because he already had a mainline toy recently. Retailers aren't too excited on doubling up on characters that aren't big name characters.
>>
>>6139232
Would it be feasible to return a Sentinel inside Blaster's packaging, at TRU?

This is for a survey
>>
>>6142637
Impossible, they aren't stupid, they'll know it's not the same. It's possible to pull that off with recolors or minor remolds.
>>
>>6142601
They don't always make sure it's the same thing. As long as it looks like a product is in there, they won't give it another look. We've all see the ridiculous returns on before. Someone returned a beehive inside a Generations Ironhide packaging.
>>
>>6142650
Ugh, wrong quote.
>>
>>6142650
Those are usually returns at walmart, where they literally do not give a shit and would probably accept an empty box that doesn't even have a plastic insert in it.
>>
So, who's everyone voting for tomorrow?
>>
>>6142656
star saber. or maybe shockwave
>>
>>6142656

I think tomorrow is just for the group.

My vote goes to whatever group Thunderwing is in. Which is that?
>>
>>6142656
Hound, so he gets to be important for once.
>>
>>6142656
shockwave
>>
>>6142656
I'm actually not sure who to vote for, which is pleasant. I just got Hound and Ultra Magnus, and don't need a new Primal, so they're out. I have Megatrons, but he'd be funny, and Thunderwing's deluxe is a fine figure but he needs bigger and better. I don't have Arcee and Star Saber and Deathsaurus need figures. Shockwave is a personal favorite.
>>
File: deszaras_memoria.jpg (30KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
deszaras_memoria.jpg
30KB, 500x311px
>>6142656
Deathsaurus, he needs an update.
>>
>>6142819
don't waste your vote on 3rd parties.
>>
>>6142819

This. This so much. Surprised there aren't any 3P ones.
>>
>>6142656

I'm new, what is everyone voting for again?
>>
>>6142827

The pic in the OP. The vote for it starts tomorrow I think?
>>
>>6142825
I'm seeing it as a poll for whos getting a new toy, almost all other candidates already have a pretty decent figure, Deathsaurus don't.
>>
>>6142835
Its almost guaranteed he's getting a new toy along with Star Saber. Don't waste a vote on him.
>>
>>6142853
>almost guaranteed
He was on the leaked list that had Raiden, Landcross and Predaking, most likely a fake one. You have plenty of options for all the others on the list, voting for them is a waste when you have a MPs and multiple 3Ps.
>>
>>6142863
Didn't that leak also get a lot of stuff right?
>>
>>6142863
I'm saying he's almost guaranteed for 2 reasons:

-They're promoting him when he's a completely unknown character over here
-They've been moving up and making toys of characters outside of the original show, at this point, they'll start moving into Japanese G1 characters, and they already started by doing Leokaiser (even if he was lacking), so doing these characters is in their best interest in the long run.
>>
>>6142853
>Don't waste a vote on him.

as opposed to what though? Magnus, Hound, Arcee, and Thunderwing already have nearly perfect CHUG toys and Optimus Primal just got an MP that doesn't even fit that badly with the Generations BW toys. The only good choices are Star Saber, Deathsaurus, and Shockwave if we're talking toys.
>>
>>6142883
There were multiple lists, some came from chinese facebook screencaps, the one listing Deathsaurus was the least credible listing beast combiners.
>>
nu
>>6142912
>>6142912
>>6142912
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.