[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a shittier toy company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_5857.png (30KB, 201x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5857.png
30KB, 201x214px
Name a shittier toy company
>>
>>6136657
Your mom.
>>
>>6136661
Came here to post this.
>>
>>6136657
Lego
>>
Bandai
>>
Takara
>>
>>6136657
Funko.
>>
>>6136657
can't be done, they're IP thieves.

3P is karma paying them back.
>>
Jazwares, Mattel, McFarlane...there are plenty of companies that are worse than Hasbro. It's just that Hasbro used to be so good, so we hold them to a higher standard than the ones that have been fucking up forever. Sort of like how a minor sexting scandal destroyed Anthony Weiner's career but Donald Trump was accused of paying hookers to pee on him and everyone was just like "lol trump."
>>
>>6136657
Mattel, and McFarlane by a mile.

>>6136707
I think they are as good as usual it's just half the IPs they make for now are for the god mouse and thus criticism comes easier.
>>
>>6136657
Literally any other toy company.
Someone may hate figma or figuarts far more than hasbro, it's all opinion based.
>>
File: matty.jpg (112KB, 515x331px) Image search: [Google]
matty.jpg
112KB, 515x331px
Mattel
>>
>>6136721

This

> Fucked up their big 80s popular boys line with disco variant overstock
> Spamming 3 fugly buck bodies over a 100+ figure toy line
> Forcing fans to buy subscriptions sight unseen
> Deliberately limiting stock to feed scalper frenzy
> Running stupid day-of sales rather than preorders
> Cowardly strategies that depend on decades old traditional mentalities
> losing their biggest license that feeds half their business because they thought they could get away with making a shitty rip-off on their own
>>
>>6136657
Mattel.
>>
Lego sucks now.There is no more quality and they don't give a shit about fans,now they are more licenses.
>>
>>6136657
Bandai.
>>
>>6136878
i have no idea how bandai toy are, but the mode kits are the best one in the world. If you think the Starwars model kit line are toys then you are wrong.
>>
>>6136828
>because they thought they could get away with making a shitty rip-off on their own
Is there a story I'm missing here? I've heard/understand everything but this one.
>>
Funko maybe. They look better but aren't as sturdy
>>
Mattel, funko
>>
File: IMG_8506.jpg (88KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8506.jpg
88KB, 1200x630px
>>6136692

Where's my royalties mother fucker?
>>
>petty fanboy tribalism: the thread
You shits need to get over yourselves, it makes you look like squabbling idiot autists.

The real answers are:
Jazwares
Shocker Toys
>>
Mattel is equally as bad and Funko is worse.

>people legit, unironically thinking Lego is worse

Sure it's badly stylized but you can do a lot of things with it and the quality is strongly consistent
>>
>>6136657

>Make Nerf RIVAL Khaos
>70$ Blaster, full auto, 40 round proprietary magazine that can't be bought seperately from the blaster removing any point of having a removable magazine.
>Next year introduce a 100 round hoppered blaster for the same price.
>>
Mattel, easy
>>
Bandai is practically Bro-tier.
>pre-orders for nearly all hot items
>well engineered toys w/ good qc
>creative candy toys
>rare missteps
>>
Jakks
>>
>>6137180

Bandai are fucking scumbags. Their game division with Namco is a blight upon Japanese gaming.

You couldn't even stream the last fucking SRW game on PS4 without outside software because of their iron fisted bullshit in blocking everything they could about the game.
>>
You could literally set all my collection on fire and it would offend me less than if you got me a single Funko pop as a gift.
Whoever created that line is undoubtedly the worst toy company.
>>
File: 1480276889970.jpg (107KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480276889970.jpg
107KB, 800x600px
>>6136657
How you can say Hasbro, Bandai or ANYTHING when both Jazware and Jakks Pacific exist.

They don't just suck at toys, they put toy lines in license limbo so OTHER companies can't even do any good with them
>>
>>6137327
This, read up on the IPs they are just sitting on.
>>
>>6136657
Bandai
>>
>>6136828
>>6136943

The Walt Disney Company characters. Basically they started that Ever after High doll line that was suppose to basically be "Monster High, Disney edition" But the Mouse was not happy with that stunt since it would compete with the in production at the time Descendants show and ask that Mattel stick with the co production of that rather than make an OC lime that would compete against the brand. Mattel basically gave them a huge raspberry and then a year later watch as Disney went with Hasbro since Hasbro was doing more in helping them strengthen their brands. To make matters worse Ever After High bombed (what a shock) and so they just bruised their market share and made competition all by just being greedy cunts.
>>
>>6136657
Mattel
>>
>>6136657
Most other toy brands? What has Hasbro done that would be seen as "bad"?
More so when Mattel and Jazware exist, hell Jakks Pacific is pretty shitty too.
All I can think of that Hasbro doesn't do is kowtow to the small elitist of decades old brands.
>>
File: bandai avengers $20.jpg (711KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
bandai avengers $20.jpg
711KB, 900x601px
>>6137180
>everything overpriced
>super shiny glossy plastic for non-collector toys
>only makes main good guy characters
>blind box toys to make people buy multiples to get a chance of getting what they really want
>bro-tier
opposite land
>>
>>6136657
All of them short of LEGO
>>
>>6137339
I am amazed that Mattel has so thoroughly torched all their girl brands. Chased off Disney AND ran Ever After High into the dirt, then killed Monster High by trying to turn it into Ever After High 2. They seriously need to clean house.
>>
Mattel, Playmates and Jazwares are all WAY shittier.

A better question would be if there's an American toy company better than Hasbro. Neca?
>>
>>6137961
LEGO as a whole I argue but they had to take a few black eyes to get this good.
>>
>>6137978
>LEGO
>American
>>
>>6137981
Ah I missed that. Why limit it to one country?
>>
>>6137961
>Playmates
Aw shit that just reminds me they canned the Classics Krang and Shredder just because the shitty movie turtles didn't sell well and that they refuse to let NECA sell their infinitely superior stuff at mass retail unless it's 1/4 scale.

Fuck Playmates, man.
>>
>>6137961
McFarlane, NECA, 4H, Boss Fight, Mezco, Diamond, Jada, MGR, and thats all i can think of that aren't gaming or model companies. And i guess girl toy makers.
>>
Hasbro isn't really terrible. They're just mediocre. And the fact that they're one of the largest and best companies we have in the US is what's sad. Hasbro would be just fine if they were the middle-of-the-road company, and we had better alternatives.
>>
>>6138001
because no offense, 99% of toy companies outside the US are irrelevant.
You've got Lego, Bandai, and that's pretty much it.
>>
>>6138122
>McFarlane
Ehhhh while they're no doubt extremely influential on figures as we know them today, I don't know if I'd say they're that great. At least not these days.
And Mezco is so hit or miss. Their One:12 stuff is great if you're into figures with cloth clothes, but outside of that I can't think of anything else they're doing these days.
>>
>>6138129
That makes the exclusion even stranger then
>>
>>6137961
Neca has a lot of fucking flaws it's just the only one that is pumping out hardcore nostalgia so a lot of people ignore the flaws because of those feels. The biggest sins are Quality control, lot of Neca toys break with ease, they are better than 2014 years but they are still pretty spotty with QC, paint apps are also all over the place and Customer service, Unlike most US companies they will not offer fixing/replacing broken toys or missing parts, basically it's like buying a foreign market toy that you are basically sol if it's damaged or broken and you have to do the leg work to find a replacement, assuming that's an option

>>6138010
McFarlane made a lot of shameless/greedy mistakes with the Halo brand.
>>
File: FNAF1.jpg (672KB, 2313x1298px) Image search: [Google]
FNAF1.jpg
672KB, 2313x1298px
>>6138144
Their statueshit is statueshit, but it's good statueshit. Not really relevant to /toy/ though, huh?

Anyway, their legos are amazing and very /toy/ relevant. McFarlane makes better legos than LEGO.
Mezco isn't hit or miss. They're mostly hits, in terms of quality.
Also, i forgot about DC Collectibles.

>>6138161
Share stories about McFarlane's greed, because i really missed out a lot when they were releasing god-tier Halo figures and only mostly hopped on with Halo 4 stuff.
I am playing a lot of catch up with the older lines and i wish he had released more stuff.
>>
>>6136657
pretty much all of them in their own way

Mattel has lost all of their good licenses
Jazwares, playmates, and all the other brands sold in chain stores have terrible sculpts and are generally bad toys

NECA, Mezco, and the other guys in specialty stores are generally too expensive for the shit you get nowadays

Honestly for the variety and overall quality I still think Hasbro is good but definitely nowhere near as good as they were maybe 5-10 years ago
>>
Bandai, those fuckers are selling full repaints of megazords that come with a new auxiliary zord for full price, oh you want the green elephant zord? but the megazord again but only its green.
>>
>>6136657
Jazware?
>>
File: image.jpg (545KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
545KB, 2048x1536px
>>6137791
>making model kits
>have huge sway in all national and international markets
>something for everyone ie boys, girls, men, women, babies

You sure about that? Or are you just focused on the action figures?
>>
Hasbro has its own production company, Allspark Pictures. It's responsible for the production of hits such as

>GEM
>Ouija
>Transformers 4-5

You're welcome.
>>
>>6136661
fpbp
>>
>>6136707
>Activity with hard proof evidence and pictures vs unsubstantiated claims made during oportunistic time period that may or may not have been lifted from a 4chan fanfic
>>
File: mrsparkle.gif (500KB, 500x221px) Image search: [Google]
mrsparkle.gif
500KB, 500x221px
>>6138342
nothing you said makes them a bro.
That just makes them a conglomerate like Hasbro and Hasbro isn't a bro.
>>
File: IMG_1489.jpg (156KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1489.jpg
156KB, 1600x1200px
>>6136828
>Doesn't even resemble Jared Leto
>His chest though as all the tattoos and very detailed
So why does his face look shit?
>>
File: nightadder-26.jpg (73KB, 490x650px) Image search: [Google]
nightadder-26.jpg
73KB, 490x650px
>>6139774
Budgets.
You can can either afford a bunch of tampographs or make more masking tools to paint up a face.
You can see other companies cheap out on that too, like with many of those Figuart figures using those printed faces.

I think tampographs are cheaper too, given how commonly used they are.
>>
>>6138173
>NECA [...] are generally too expensive for the shit you get nowadays
>I still think Hasbro is good
I get what you're saying, but... literally what? Neca's stuff is almost identical in price to Hasbro's stuff, and you get a much better product with Neca. Neca has a deeper variety of licenses that they push out, a lot more than Hasbro is ever willing to undertake and put actual effort into.

There's no possible way you can say Hasbro has a leg-up over Neca.
>>
>>6139774

Matty hired shit sculptors.

Say what you will about Hasbro paint apps, but the latest sculpts on Star Wars and Marvel are god tier.

>>6140196
To be fair you can't really compare the two. NECA sells a tiny fraction of what Hasbro does and isn't looking at the same level of profit. Hasbro stuff is far sturdier, and recently they've been very good with churning out C-F tier characters for Transformers and Marvel. Neca just does mains, and sometimes just a mere wave before dumping the license. They're only able to sustain the Alien / Predator stuff. Everything else is pump and dump.
>>
>>6138129
What about GSC, Medicom, Square Enix, Medicos, and Kaiyodo?
>>
>>6138161
I'm not gonna disagree with you about NECA's qc issues, but I'd still put it up there as one of the better companies, especially in america. They're the one company that I've seen consistently and noticeably improving their products. With the exception of a few human faces their paint is excellent, sculpt is always great, and the ultimate line has been offering a shitload of accessories for a twenty to twenty five dollar price range. Speaking as someone who hasn't actually had a qc issue yet, I'd say they're the best company at giving you some bang for your buck.
>>
File: 1468203835793.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1468203835793.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>6136828
The best is yet to come
>killing the Barbie brand by making Barbie Amy Schumer.
>>
Neca. With Hastings bankrupt its only a matter of time until they do too. I even passed on a few mantis and gorilla aliens that I even debated on wether I should scalp them or not and remembered who made them.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.