[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Berserk figures and other merchandise related to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_7416.jpg (144KB, 639x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7416.jpg
144KB, 639x619px
Why are Berserk figures and other merchandise related to the property so expensive?
>>
because they know you'll pay
>>
Low supply and high demand. Re-release of Berserk armor guts figma when?
>>
>>6132123
>Re-release of Berserk armor guts figma when?
Unless I'm mistaken or they've changed the way they do things, I don't think exclusive Figmas ever get reissued. Plus that wasn't just a normal exclusive, that was a special pack-in deal with a current volume of the manga. I'd say chances of a reissue are almost nil.
>>
>>6132129
Why would they do they do that though? Shouldn't the insane aftermarket prices prove that there's high demand for it? Reminds me of medicos not re-issuing pink Killer Queen despite its popularity
>>
>>6132129
So there is still a chance for the other two Guts figmas to be re-issued at some point? Cause I' late-fag as fuck.
>>
>>6132158
>Why would they do they do that though?

Because re-releasing an exclusive figure would mean that nobody's going to buy their expensive exclusive bundles ever again.

And most of the time the collectors that love the feel of "exclusiveness" are the same ones who spend more money on their products than average and they don't want to alineate them.
>>
>>6132158
>>6132165
If you've been paying any attention to how they release figmas, you should know they would rather make a brand new sculpt figma of the same characters. That way even people who owns the old one will still buy them. It takes super popular well known everyone will love types to get reissued and Berserk is not that kind of property.
>>
>>6132201
I guess that makes sense, but it's frustrating when a series like Berserk keeps rising in popularity and they make the main character an exclusive. Couldn't they just re-issue it with less accessories? This wouldn't be a problem if other companies were also making Berserk merch I guess. Male figmas have been pretty shitty lately anyways.
>>
>>6132226
They can just make a new mold with his current look.

Its better to pay the price now if you really want to gamble its just how aftermarket prices work with special editions of anything.
>>
>>6132226
You could have just bought it when it came out. Why should it be on them to reissue something when everyone had a fair opportunity at it
>>
>>6132083

Supply And Demand

It's the S.A.D truth
>>
File: 11292016185024.jpg (477KB, 1110x1866px) Image search: [Google]
11292016185024.jpg
477KB, 1110x1866px
Bite the bullet my fellow Berserkanons. I was late to the party too. When I first started browsing Mandarake he was 'only' ¥8000-9000.

By the time I decided it was time to pick him up he cost me ¥14,000. The feeling of relief and satisfaction I get from owning him outweighs the feeling of having my wallet raped.
>>
File: skullsplitter.jpg (25KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
skullsplitter.jpg
25KB, 300x400px
I wish McFarlane made them, because then we would have decent paint apps. Also, with articulation from the Halo 3 era.
>>
>>6132747
I wish someone other than figma would pick up the licence, these things were fairly lacking in articulation for a japanese figure.
>>
>>6133614
Hi subjectanon
>>
File: aow guts.jpg (172KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
aow guts.jpg
172KB, 768x1024px
>Aside from Casca the Berserk figmas' after-market prices are at least $100 each
>Godhand members are $130 and $200 for each pack thanks to JewSC
>Guts Golden Age RAH is still over $120 aftermarket and Guts Black Swordsman RAH is >$200
>ThreeZero Guts, Skullknight are >$200
>Art of War statues are literally $400-$4k unless you get lucky on auctions
>Prime1Studio is making fucking 1:4 scale polystone statues of Guts, Berserk Armor, Griffith, Zodd, SK, probably $900-$1.5k based on the size
>First4Figures is making 1:4 Guts and Skullknight scale statues as well (at least $500 probably)
>Tsume planning on making scale fig(s) of the Golden Age arc (assuming $250-$300)
So basically it's impossible to find a good Berserk fig for less than $100 unless you opt for one of Art of War's super old (literally made in 2001) Guts action figures, pic related, which is still like $80 on ebay.
It's really a shame no new action figs have been announced since the 2016 anime and game; this is probably the only time Berserk gets the promotion.
>>
>>6134202
>Godhand shelfwarm super hard because of the price
>"oh well I guess Berserk doesn't sell let's not do the rest of the cast"
Fucking GSC
>>
>>6134202
I've seen that Guts go for under 2k yen on YAJ.
>>
>>6132201

After that iron man debacle I'd say they have more to worry about just being cheap bastards.
>>
>>6134202

Actually own the RAH Guts (Black Swordsman), and I'm waiting on the Threezero skull knight. I bought the exclusive variant from 3z. Hoping for the best. I didn't like the Threezero Guts for the lack of joints and possibility of deterioration on the arms.
>>
I'm actually vaguely interested in Beserk but shit like this puts me off from putting time into the series so that I don't blow more money on yet another franchise with overpriced figures.
>>
>>6134868
That's a silly reason to not got into a series. You should enjoy it for what it is, not by what merchandise is available for it
>>
>>6134675
I doubt it'll shelfwarm that much, pretty sure they're making the production units small-medium sized, and besides there's going to be a lot of fans buying them after they release on eBay.
I see the Slan set staying around the same price, and the Void set going down to ~$170 after release maybe, but it's hard to say. Tons of fans are thirsty for figures.
I pre-ordered the Slan set since ~$130 is still fine for me but paying for over $200 for Void and Ubik who have barely any articulation is just way too fucking much.

>>6134677
True. But they're usually used without the packaging. Also keep in mind that if you use a proxy service there's all the annoying extra proxy fees and shipping as well which might end up being an extra $40-$50.

>>6134820
I've always been on the fence regarding the Threezero Guts, but I'm saving up for their future Berserk Armor release which I hope will include a helmet-less head with the streak of white hair.
>>
>>6133649
Revoltechs would've been perfect. They know how to sculpt the shoulders so he can hold the sword right with both arms, plus keep it up with the ratchet joints. And they love doing minor, mainly manga stuff.
>>
>>6135165
I'm compulsive and have an addictive personality. Getting into the series and liking it is the same thing as buying the merch for me.
>>
>>6135912
Eh, I can see how it would be disappointing. If only someone else was making berserk stuff. I wouldn't mind Figuarts or Medicos even. Bandai would probably even do the big guys like Zodd.
>>
>>6135922
I mean, I do love GSC and MF's stuff but holy shit those prices are just fucking ridiculous. No way in hell I'd pay for those.
>>
File: DSCN7663 - Copy.jpg (135KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7663 - Copy.jpg
135KB, 600x450px
I found a Skull Knight Art Of War figure at a local shop for less than twenty bucks because they somehow didn't know what it was or just marked it wrong.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.