[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/toy/ meta thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_2837.gif (754KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2837.gif
754KB, 500x333px
Hiroshimoot has mandated that every board have one (1) meta discussion thread.

What amendments to board rules would you like to see? Do you want thread IDs? What patterns of /toy/-specific shitposting should unaware mods and janitors be on the lookout for? Should /toy/ have spoiler tags and image spoilers?

Discuss all this and more below.
>>
inb4 shitposting, statues, and mods deleting this thread because the userbase here is too autistic to agree on something even if it's something they all want
>>
>>6127376
Nobody wants statueshit
>>
I'd really like IDs since it's such a slow board and it'd avert threads from being fucking ruined by two retards going tooth and nail.
>>
>>6127441
I agree with this, I prefer that stuff to stay on /a/'s buyfag threads.
>>
>>6127451
This too. We need IDs like /pol/ has to make discussion easier and minimize shitposters.
>>
>>6127441
I wouldn't mind statues and I know a lot of other people agree with me.
>>
Statues don't need to be here, but I enjoy being able to talk about vinyls and gasha occasionally

User IDs are cool with me, I don't feel affected by them

I don't feel like spoilers are necessary for /toy/
>>
>>6127470
this + 1
>>
>>6127470
Spoilers should be implemented. Example: the Jojo threads. All someone needs to do is mention or post Gold Experience Requiem or say MADE IN HEAVEN WHEN and they'd have ruined pts 5 and 6 for anime-onlys.
>>
>>6127475
>being spoiled on shit 20 or almost 20 years old

That's sort of dumb
>>
>>6127480
It's not when you consider that a very good portion of the Jojo fanbase only follows the anime and not the manga.

Hell, I haven't even read anything past 6 because I just really don't care enough to do so.
>>
>>6127484
You should, 7 is fucking crazy good and part 8 is really shaping up.
>>
>>6127372
>What amendments to board rules would you like to see?

Nothing needs to be changed.

>Do you want thread IDs

No purpose. It's not like we have a severe samefagging problem here.

>What patterns of /toy/-specific shitposting should unaware mods and janitors be on the lookout for?

There isn't a severe shitposting problem here, nothing at all compared to other boards.

>Should /toy/ have spoiler tags

Yes, that's the only change necessary. Not becasue of actual spoilers, but because spoiler tag humor is a convention of 4chan that works everywhere.
>>
>>6127494
I don't like the idea of retconning an entire decade of established canon and starting from scratch. Likewise I don't appreciate all this alternate universe bullshittery that much.

I'm sure that as a standalone story they're good but I seriously don't approve of the overall series direction that it implicates.
>>
Remove Jin, Andrew, Greg, etc posting.
>>
>>6127514
Agreed, boogeyman shitposting needs to stop.

>inb4 i get called jin/greg/whatever for this post
>>
>>6127498
It's a real shame Araki said the characters from the original run will never meet any alt universe characters in some kind of universe bending showdown/big bad situation

Gonna stop talking about jojo in the meta thread now
>>
>>6127496
>It's not like we have a sever samefagging/shitposting problem here.

You haven't been to either transformer generals have you? Those two threads tend go down the shitter real quick because spergs will hate fuck each other till the thread autosages. Then the somebody will make a new thread, then a janitor goes into the old thread a day or two later, deletes the old shitposts, then bam, two generals of the same type, then people bitch about that into oblivion.
>>
>>6127517
To be fair that's basically what Eyes of Heaven is but yeah. Araki is too busy taking 50 years to finish pt 8 to care about really doing something interesting.

What pisses me off the most however is how he started from scratch after so many years. Like fuck, all that established canon gone down the drain. That's a gay as fuck move.
>>
>>6127372
>What amendments to board rules would you like to see?
None really. They're pretty clear.

1 Toys, toys, toys!
2 Absolutely no Japanese figurines. Action figures are permitted.
3 No "hot glue" fetish images.

The big deal about Figurines can be avoided by not posting them here, and posting them in /jp/, which Moot has said in the past. Just because he's not here anymore doesn't mean its void.
If people want to change that, they should contact the Admin.

>Do you want thread IDs?
No. It defeats the entire purpose of being anonymous. Who cares if somebody is samefagging?

>What patterns of /toy/-specific shitposting should unaware mods and janitors be on the lookout for?
Define shitposting. So many people here whine and cry "shitposter" and "troll" when someone else disagrees with them. That's not the real thing.

Should /toy/ have spoiler tags and image spoilers?
No. No real need.
>>
>>6127548
>So many people here whine and cry "shitposter" and "troll" when someone else disagrees with them.
This. Anon in generals think it's their safe space and every toy talked about in said general is good no matter what
Example: Kaiju General ad the recent Shin Godzilla debacle or SHF with the new Harley Quinn
>>
>>6127451
>>6127459
This
>>
>>6127441
I don't care for statueshit myself, but the sperging fits that shit up threads whenever someone so much as has one in the background of a photo clutter up the board far more than allowing statueshit ever could. I vote we abolish the rule and establish a "Scale Figures General" or something - contains the discussion while also stopping the rulefag shitposting.
>>
>>6127946
>people get mad when rules are broken
It's almost like the rules exist for a reason.
>>
>>6127451

This
>>
Nothing should be changed.

And all those saying we have a "shitposting problem" are simply stupid enough to think that anyone disagreeing with them is automatically shitposting.
>>
>>6127948
People should let the mods worry about enforcing the rules instead of sperging out like complete retards.
If a post breaks a rule just report and move on.
>>
>>6127372
you've tried to make this thread several times already.
>>
>>6127973
this is my favorite excuse shitposters have used lately. It's like they are too dumb to not be obvious so they blame it on 'different opinions' instead of getting better.
>>
People need to be a bit more helpful on Marvel and SW threads.

People need to be a bit more open in their views- nothing to add, don't say "it's terrible" and "KYS". It's silly.
>>
File: humans enjoy conflict.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
humans enjoy conflict.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>6127372
>Do you want thread IDs?
Yes, in the tf threads, star wars, marvel legends (kinda ironic its mostly hasbro related stuff) sometimes in the other occasional boards they get fucked up by people starting shit, moderators can't be here 24/7 and thus the ability to filter posters would help immensely, that's what thread ID's can help, rather than having stupid arguments

This would be tough, sometimes it looks like someone arguing with themselves just so someone "weighs in" on it, other times its toy specific trolling ie for transformers x doesn't like hasbro/takara products or even racial arguments, can we expect a mod to know ALL of these things, no, no mod would have the wealth of knowledge to be able to detect thread specific trolling

>Should /toy/ have spoiler tags and image spoilers?
On on hand it would help since alot of toys and their lines line up with stories and same for the odd plot based discussion which can go hand in hand in talks, on the other it could either be used for more shit posting ie posting XXX rating content for no reason or time wasting like a reaction post in a spoiler, so this isn't necessary.

>(expected shit about statues)
We should just TRIAL out a statue BOARD rather than a simple thread, the buy fag post on /a/ could be moved there, anons can discuss statues other than simple anime ones like cartoons ACTUAL statues that they've seen, art ones like Michelangelo's David and even making your own statues or customizing existing ones.

I imagine it would be a slow board with only a few generals but allowing one thread on toy can be a bit of a toss up since there is more to statues than anime shit, otherwise let statues just be a "casual" affair.

>boogeymen shitposting
Any mentions of Jin, Greg etc should be a report-able offense, within reason of course ie shit like greg and his suppose love of shit should be reportable.
>>
>>6128070
Should be reportable if its just post so simple, but if its elaborated on ie "x figure has poorly made joints a bad sculpt and cost 10x more than it should yet you defend it KYS" then I say it can be allowed (yes KYS seems a bit overboard but remember we have kids posting here)
>>
>>6128090
Mate it's been practically a year since gregs been here, it's just the newbies heard about him and thought he was still relevant somehow.

>tfw i'm the one that started the greg eats shit meme
>>
>>6128092
Yeah but it's not like that is it- SW threads descend into Figuarts> anything else.
Or the damn Model Meme.
And then such comments as "why bother with Hasbro".... explain how that is constructive.
>>
Finally put up a sticky for how to by shit from overseas. Make amendments to it as needed.

That's it.
>>
>>6127441
>1-inch or so gumball toys/figurines are okay. anything much bigger is not

>Toys=to-life are okay because you can play with it and they have articulation in a different form

Discus
>>
>>6128275
I'm ok with this.
>>
>>6127525
Part 7 & 8 are a billion times better than the earlier parts though. And the other parts aren't really down the drain, its an alternate universe. I love all of JoJo and it bothered me at first, but the established canon was only holding him back at that point.
>>
>>6127548
>No. It defeats the entire purpose of being anonymous. Who cares if somebody is samefagging?

Hello Subjectautist.
>>
>>6127372

See ? >>6128064
>>
>>6128880
>differing opinion must be shitposting
like pottery
>>
>>6129156
No, but obvious flamebaiting to start arguments and derail threads sure is shitposting.
>>
>>6129151
see what?
>>
>>6129162
>No, but obvious flamebaiting to start arguments and derail threads sure is shitposting.
Yeah, stuff like
>Hello Subjectautist.
>>
>>6129164
People crying "b-but s-shitpost" every time they don't like a post.
>>
>>6129334
No, like I said, shitposters make inflammatory comments and try to pass it off as their opinion, then start shitposting even harder when people call them out for it.
It's so obvious it hurts.
>>
>>6129806
No. YOU consider their opinions as inflammatory comments. That's a pretty big difference.

People like you will turn this place into TFW2005 one day.
>>
File: 1470817817405.gif (269KB, 265x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470817817405.gif
269KB, 265x200px
>this thread is really just bait to see us try to be adults about a children's hobby
>>
>>6129846
>m-muh boogeyman!!!
Caught you.
>>
>>6129852
What's that gif from
>>
>>6130022
Grim Adventures
>>
The ancients once talked of a fabled General General for /toy/, the a single general thread that linked all generals, and stood to command the soldiers of /toy/
>>
File: DJT on toy.png (37KB, 470x241px) Image search: [Google]
DJT on toy.png
37KB, 470x241px
IP ban subjectanon/Necanon.
That is, if they're not the same person...
>>
>>6127372
Statueshit wouldn't be a huge problem if they'd keep them SFW on the SFW board. Once scales get in, they'll start trying to shove in some lewder shit, and it spirals downhill from there.
IF-- by whatever dumb miracle-- statuefags get their request, we need to be able to spoiler images.

We need like a "you knoe" shitposting general.

We definitely need a sticky of "where to buy" and maintenance stuff.
>>
File: spoiler-toy1.png (1KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
spoiler-toy1.png
1KB, 100x100px
>>6130377
Your post reminded me that i had made this. Yonks ago there was an actually somewhat productive one of these threads (probably the one that gave fake peon the idea to spam them) and that's where i threw together this idea for a spoiler.

Anyone else have any ideas for a /toy/ spoiler design? I think boards get three or four variations.
>>
>>6129164
>>6129806
>>6129869
Fuck off back to TFW.
>>
>>6129869
At least you're proving our point.
>>
>>6128101
He's still here, he's just shitposting on the other boards
>He's a Loud House Fan
Fucking typical, isn't it?
>>
>>6130491
>>6130685
No, you are really proving mine. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is suddenly from ____, but of course it's always after some inflammatory/unpopular/contrarian opinion is spouted multiple times.
Guess you people just don't get how blatant you are.
>>
>>6130390
Shit, I made a bunch of spoiler tags for /toy/ too. I did at least two or three different ideas. I can dig them off an old backup drive if anyone cares about that sort of thing.
>>
>>6130830
Yeah sure, it'd be great to see them.

At the very least they can be saved for the next time there's a serious thread about this stuff.
>>
>>6130819
OK so now it's obvious you're trolling. Got it.
>>
>>6130819
Except that you were the one complaining about spouting opinions you don't like in >>6129806.

Fuck off with this shit, if you want a site with thought police moderation you can go to reddit.
>>
File: hurr.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>>6130819
I think you and he are only proving how claiming someone is samefag and/or from some other forum makes /toy/ a better place by filling it with amazing banter that never gets old and belongs in every single thread.
>>
>>6130854
>No u
got it.
>>6130877
>R-reddit boogeyman!!!
got it.
>>
File: Steph Lewd.jpg (11KB, 268x285px) Image search: [Google]
Steph Lewd.jpg
11KB, 268x285px
>when you start to lose the will to collect or play with your toys

maybe it's time to put away childish things
>>
>>6130390
>Anyone else have any ideas for a /toy/ spoiler design?
A blind bag and a Transformers rubsign, maybe?
>>
File: spoilertags_combined.png (41KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
spoilertags_combined.png
41KB, 200x200px
>>6131399
Got you covered. Delivering on my promise of posting old spoiler images:
>>
>>6131453
Those are really good, i like the revoltech one.
>>
>>6131399
Blind bag is a neat idea.

>>6131453
The gashpon one is my favorite
>>
>>6131453

That rubsign one looks great.
>>
>>6131453
Damn, those are beautiful.
>>
>>6131369
...Sauce on that pic?
>>
Have mods even acknowledged these threads in other boards or is this just so the users can have a Ranting General?
>>
>>6127372
I'd like a sticky. Having to answer questions about importing over and over again is just boring. There are people who will say to stop spoonfeeding but that doesn't solve the problem, if anything it just causes a massive argument and shits up threads even worse.

A simple image of good toylines and trusted websites is really all that's needed. Maybe I'm overestimating that people will read it at all but I can't see how it hurts.
>>
>>6133734
If people would just read the FAQ on the sites, they would know what to do. Too many people are either too lazy or too stupid to do the most logical thing.
I bought my very first import figure from Amiami, and I had no clue, other than the name of the shop, and the figure. So I looked at their homepage, saw they had a FAQ and read that. Any questions I had were answered right there. I also had their email address so I could ask them directly.
Placed my order and in a couple of weeks it showed up. Easy Peasy.
If I can do it, so can anyone else.
>>
>>6134087
You needed to know Amiami's name to do that first, but either way I'm still not seeing a downside. If there's a sticky and only 3 people ever read it, that's still 3 people who won't be asking about this stuff. All for the cost of a single thread.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.