[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

playmobil pop culture General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 18

Well this was unexpected!
https://funko.com/blogs/news/90583427-coming-soon-new-figures-from-funko-and-playmobil
>>
>>6126918
Already mentioned. The figures are 6 inches.

Also playmobil general.
>>
>>6126927
i dont like playmobil
>>
>>6126928
i dont like funko
>>
>>6126934
i like funko
¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
>>
>>6126918
Well I prefer the Playmobil style to characters more than the Pop style. Somewhat tempted by these.
>>
>>6126927
Wait, so they aren't actual playmobil figures? Why did they decide that?
>>
>>6126927
Fucking seriously? What's the point if they can't interact with the Playmobil sets?
>>
File: aliens.jpg (372KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.jpg
372KB, 864x1152px
>>6126958
collectors tend to want things bigger to show the details better.
And they display better too.
>>
>>6126958
wait are these gonna be as big as the fnaf figures?!! wtf
>>
unexpected because no one asked for it
>>
>>6126918
>upscaled

so they'll tag "adult collectible" to the box and charge a 5X price markup for those little letters. Because that worked so well for all the other overpriced gimmicky upscaled lines!
>>
File: FUNKO-PLAYMOBIL.jpg (69KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
FUNKO-PLAYMOBIL.jpg
69KB, 500x460px
For size comparison
>>
what a shit company
>>
>not making it on scale with the rest of playmobil lines and releasing a Delorean and a Doc with it
Must've been Funko's idea. No brand is as fucking stupid as them.
>>
>>6127185

That's just complete shit.
>>
>>6126918
>not in scale with other playmobil stuff
what is even the fucking point
>>
>>6127218
Could be some sort of licensing issues that means producing playmobil compatible figures would make them more playmobil than Funko.
This could just be Funko using their licenses to produce figures in a playmobil shape as opposed to the POP style.
>>
>>6126918
This already looks better tthan the ReAction shit from Funko.
>>
>>6127314
and why couldn't Playmobil make this shit themselves?
>>
>>6127218
Man you just ruined my evening, my weekend and maybe my whole month.
>>
File: 2696240.jpg (40KB, 336x500px) Image search: [Google]
2696240.jpg
40KB, 336x500px
>>6126984
what details?
>>
>>6127511
exactly. Funko didn't need to stick their 2" when hard dick into this, Playmobil was more than capable of doing it on their own.
>>
>>6127383
Because Funko's the one that can get the license to make just about anything.

>>6127314
And this is likely the case. I'm pretty sure Playmobil technically counts as a building toy, so releasing them in actual Playmobil size might prevent them from being able to release stuff like Marty McFly, since Lego has the BTTF building toy license.
>>
No company is better at making useless stand-there-and-do-nothing toys than Funko.

They might as well be trading cards.
>>
>>6127639
Obviously not or it would have never happened
>>
>>6127652
>Funko's the one that can get the license to make just about anything.
I don't understand how they get to pull it off.
>>
>>6126934
>>6126928
i hate you both
>>
File: 415DcPwi2uL._SY300_.jpg (13KB, 205x300px) Image search: [Google]
415DcPwi2uL._SY300_.jpg
13KB, 205x300px
I love playmobil. Just started collecting the mystery figures. The executioner from the first series is the best
>>
>>6127686
wow, toddlers on 4chan.... you must be one cool baby!
>>
>>6127686
ashens
>>
>>6127692
fuck off, Jin. Just because you're related to Chris-Chan doesn't mean we want to deal with your brown ass. Fuck off back to Joe Custems and cry over uh advice and all those STDs that mentally ill lying cunt Kayla-Na gave you.
>>
>>6127652
>I'm pretty sure Playmobil technically counts as a building toy
it's a far cry from something like lego tho
>>
>>6128602
It is, but in the licensing world that doesn't always matter.
>>
File: giant balloon jeff koons.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giant balloon jeff koons.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>6127511
All the details that make up the figure.
The logo, the shape of the body, the head, the arms, the legs, etc.
Aren't those the details that make you like the design of the toys?

People like seeing those details.
Toys aren't always for playing.
>>
I'm not a fan of licensed toys usually, since I used to make my own customs as a kid. If there was a licensed, to scale, cool hand luke or something really cool and unique I'd be impressed.
>>
>>6129046
buys toy because of its shape, not for how it looks or play features

WHY?
>>
>>6129046
Leave
>>
>>6129183

>I don't understand fundamental design principles.

Ok
>>
>>6126918
>Well this was unexpected!

You say as you post an article almost a year old. We knew about these since the Toy Fair, nothing unexpected by this point. Un-wanted, yes, but no longer unexpected.

>>6127218
>>6127314
>>6127383
>>6127652
I think Playmobil is experimenting right now. They were always more of a niche, speciality line of toys for kids compared to Lego, but the way the market is going for kids toys they can no longer afford to rely on their niche.

They either have it in the works or just barely released it, but they do have full normal playmobil Ghostbusters sets. Out of the properties Funko is doing in their playmobiul figures, Ghostbusters is the one line Playmobil can be confident will sell to kids definitely. Maybe they will hit gold and it and the Funko stuff will sell very well amongst collectors as well, thus allowing them to get more risky with licenses.

Whatever the case is, this is their first step towards focusing on the power of a license name to sell product.
Also something to point out that I am curious about is I have had a decent number of normal playmobil accessories work with 6 inch scale figures. Playmobiul has a weird scale system where certian objects need to be bigger then they normally should be to fit in the hands of the playmobil figures or on their feet. I have gotten scuba flippers onto a Shinki before, and playmobil makes tons of interesting accessories including alcohol related items. Will be interesting to see how these six inch playmobil accessories will scale.
>>
>>6128602
>>6128639
Who knows how this could work out with licensing. Lego has Ghostbusters yet Playmobil's first licensed property to get a set is Ghostbusters. Of course we don't know the extent of that license agreement, probably could have been very limited and certainly not exclusive since it was largely a Lego Ideas project iirc. Not something Lego would be banking on being a huge line like Marvel or Star Wars.

And with Playmobil and Funko partnered up, this throws more wrenches into how things could go. As mentioned numerous times Funko has the connections and existing licenses for vinyl figures already. They got their foots in the doors for expanding beyond that for nearly any IP. Also Funko has experience in the past with making loopholes to get past anyone with claims to 'exclusive access to X license for Y product' which is why half their Pops are bobble heads to get past Hasbro. If adding a simple spring bobble to their figures was enough to stop Hasbro, then they can figure out how to handle Lego.

How much incentive Funko will have to help playmobil remains to be seen. This line needs to be very profitable for them to want to spend effort helping out Playmobil in their ventures.
>>
>>6126918
You know what would be cool?If Funko made figures based on licensed properties that actually resembled those properties in any way.
Even stylised staues would be fine.
I am tired of this make everything into a shitty baby toy thing they have going.

>>6129046
Taking a normal thing and making it big isn't some kind of brilliant artistic statement.
Jeff Koons is an uncreative hack.
>>
If they were regular sized then they would be compatible with the building block aspect and that would more than likely create issues with Lego and Megabloks since they share a lot of the same licenses.

So increase the scale and make them stand alone figures and you eliminate the problem. But you also eliminate one of the biggest desires to own figures in that style so it's kind of a pointless series to me.
>>
aren't the ghostbusters ones that are coming out going to be to scale? they have their own playsets
>>
>>6129519
>sn't some kind of brilliant artistic statement.
Pretty sure it's not meant to be.
>>
File: $_1.JPG.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.JPG.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Series 11 was announced, made in Malta and they're already on sale on eBay from Spain. Lots of original colors this time around but also a lot of unoriginal guys as usual. Pic related is a must have.
>>
>>6129519
They did/do make figures that resembled licensed properties and they were fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1460612837668.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
1460612837668.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>6126918
Now if only they had stuck to the original Playmobil size, I MIGHT have bitten the bullet this time around. I've stood clear from getting any Pops and Dorbz but Playmobil has a special place in my infant heart, so...
>>
File: 4h power lords.jpg (241KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4h power lords.jpg
241KB, 900x1200px
>>6129519
Who's making a statement?
They're just toys and bigger things display better.
Collectors like that sort of thing.

Personally, I'm not a fan of bigger things, but i recognize that people have different likes than me and I understand why.
>>
>>6130893
>Who's making a statement?
>They're just toys and bigger things display better.
>Collectors like that sort of thing.
Do YOU think there'd be a market for licensed Lego figures in an awkward scale where they wouldn't even fit duplo pieces, much less regular lego pieces?
>>
>>6130905
Considering Lego sell things pretty similar to that, yes there is a market.
>>
File: kubrick comp.jpg (108KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kubrick comp.jpg
108KB, 640x480px
>>6130905
>>6130905
How new are you?
>>
>>6130915
Are Kubrick made by Lego?
>>
>>6127803
you guys boogieman post him too much. the guy is a huge faggot but you're on some aspie shit for assuming anyone whose opinions you dislike are coming from one person
>>
>>6130893
They are Playmobil. They have the exact amount of detail needed for their size, and people have collected them for decades just for their design. Their simple molds and paint apps are always perfect, so it’s not like they need to be any bigger.

I don’t know, to me a Playmobil that isn’t in proper scale and compatible with the existing stuff is a fake. Even if I didn’t intend to display it with other Playmobil stuff it’s still a farce.
>>
>>6130905
I don't think there's a market for much of anything with how poor collectors have gotten tbqhfamalam.
>>
File: Giant-Minifigure-Model-2.jpg (102KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Giant-Minifigure-Model-2.jpg
102KB, 800x600px
>>6130947
No, but it shows there's a market for oversized LEGO style figures from collectors.

>>6132828
It doesn't matter how you collect, because someone is always going to collect different things from you, and collectors tend to like bigger toys.
>>
>>6129607
sums it all up right here
>>
>>6133624
I need this
>>
File: bttf_large.jpg (25KB, 480x425px) Image search: [Google]
bttf_large.jpg
25KB, 480x425px
The Rick figure is alright, but Morty looks totally off.
>>
>>6143734
finish season 3 justin
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 329x329px
>>6133624
>"""toys""" you can't play with
>>
>>6143734
it's from Playmobil, no wonder
>>
>>6129890
They are.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-pics-of-playmobils-ghostbusters-toys-are-here-1788246832

80's cast, plus two versions of Janine (one as a Ghostbuster, even)
>>
>>6157870
I dunno how I feel about these. One GB per set means I need to spend near $100 to get them all, and they don't 'read' real well- first time I saw the Ecto-1 set I couldn't figure out why they were packing the women ghostbusters with the original version of the car.
>>
File: 1323028063892.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1323028063892.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>6127185
>>
>>6158170
Playmobil has never done a licensed toy as far as I can tell so there is a certain novelty to how shitty they are gonna be. They're going to suck. HARD. Personally one of the reasons I like pm is that they are original so this is a nightmare for me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCIygjhFw2I
>>
What. The actual. Fuck
I hate funko so much
>>
>>6166466
>Playmobil has never done a licensed toy as far as I can tell
technically the only other thing they did that was licensed would be their Hockey sets using real life teams. But that obviously is not nearly the same thing as people usually mean by a 'license' based product. So Ghostbusters is the first.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
There's Shell gas stations, and then some European company exclusives I've seen like Airlines and banks.
>>
File: 4994.jpg (63KB, 568x340px) Image search: [Google]
4994.jpg
63KB, 568x340px
Weird T-Mobile sponsored biker
>>
Also there was a couple museum exclusives like this recreation of Rembrandt's nightwatch. I think it's super cool but probably not the best way to make money selling toys.
>>
File: 1485401173217.jpg (22KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
1485401173217.jpg
22KB, 400x460px
>>6180247
>>6180249

>Funko is doing well, may as well pick up some popular licenses such as Air France and T mobile

What the fuck
>>
>>6183276
Lego did that too.
But I am excited for playmobil How to train your dragon sets, and Ghost busters oneslooks great aswell!
>>
>>6183369
>Lego did that too.
If you're talking about Dimensions then they bought some cheap licenses to get adults to play it.

But why the fuck would you pay a license fee just so you can have a AF stewardess or T-Mobile biker.
People who buy this shit would buy them even if they were generic characters.
>>
>>6183437
In fairness the companies may have paid for those creations.
>>
>>6183474
That's exactly it. They're more like promotions than licenses.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.