[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dime Novel Legends: Never Happening Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

It's been two months now with basically zero updates other than "we're working on it".
No sign of the backerkit survey.

>How fucked are we?
>>
Go on take the money and run. whoo whoo whoo.
>>
who gives a shit?

I'm currently in two post-kickstarters where they said they aren't going to update shit until they actually can show the product in hand.
I'm in a few others where i just straight up delete their emails because i dont care about every fucking step in their production. I only pay attention when they actually want something from me.

Kickstarters aren't supposed to be episodes of How It's Made.

Also, fuck you for reminding me i'm even waiting on shit.
>>
>>6126865
They are doing neither of those things. Russel has continuously pushed back the backerkit survey.

>>6126817
>>How fucked are we?

I put in $120 so I'm going forward based off the assumption that I threw away $120. So if these actually show up and Alyosha/JE Russel hasn't bamboozled everyone and literally taken a runny post Chinese buffet shit on his reputation then I'll have some cool figures Christmas 2017.
>>
>>6126817
After the fucking I got from Comcept and Might No 9, it'll be a cold day in hell before I back another Kickstarter/
>>
>>6126970
This. I went in at the $120 mark and I'm pretty sure I just threw away $120.

Kickstarter really needs a system for some kind of consequence when people do this shit. If it just fades away I'm done with KS.
>>
What scale were these? I'd have loved an articulated 6inch classic looking cowboy with neat guns.
>>
>>6127388
3.75" I think it's funny you say "were" since they probably are not going to see the light of day.
>>
>>6127381
>Kickstarter really needs a system for some kind of consequence when people do this shit.

The only thing they could do is hold the funding in escrow, but that would prevent the person/group behind the kickstarter getting the funding they need to actually produce the product. So every KS would automatically fail anyway.

The only real way to deal with KS is to only give to those with a trusted reputation. Or realize that you're taking a gamble when a new KS with an unknown (or in the case of Alyosha, known) reputation comes around.

That's how I look at it, that I gambled with $120 and I'm just losing very slowly over the next six months. If Alyosha/JE Russel/Chicken Fried Toys LLC comes through, then I have some cool cowboy figures. If not, oh well it's money under the bridge and Alyosha/JE Russel and crew have cemented the shit onto their reputation.

It isn't the first time someone has attempted/succeeded in scamming the GI Joe collecting community, and it likely won't be the last.

It will have a huge effect on any 1/18 KS that isn't directly run by Boss Fight or Marauder John though.
>>
>>6128231
you'd think fraud charges could be filed against any KS that runs off with the cash. Since it basically is fraud to run off with the money...

>would love to see David Willis in prison for it, his asshole would be used by murderers and rapists
>>
>>6128265

>>would love to see David Willis in prison for it, his asshole would be used by murderers and rapists

What's the story here anon?
>>
>>6126970
>So if these actually show up and Alyosha/JE Russel hasn't bamboozled everyone and literally taken a runny post Chinese buffet shit on his reputation

Funny, that is his reputation now. Google broken arrow toys and youll see how he operates.
>>
>>6126817
>It's been 2 months now
As someone who has first hand experience in toy production, I can tell you there would be literally nothing to report on yet. I would guess for a project like this the tooling would take at least 3 months to build.

And the backerit has nothing to do with KS, it's a 3rd party tool to sell more preorders and organize existing orders. Having that get pushed back doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>6128646
Hey there Russell!

>>6128231
I realize that. I knew it was a gamble but god damn man. As someone that love the Western genre and the fact we haven't had good merch on it or any toys since the fucking 70s I had to bite.
I think you've hit something ther ethough, something NOT Boss Fight will have a very hard time succeeding if this falls through and that's criminally sad because it's the only way we see good 1:18 stuff now. (Small aside, fuck Marauders)
>>
>>6128805
No, but I do know him. And I run one of the other 3rd party lines.
>>
File: Chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg (285KB, 1199x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg
285KB, 1199x1104px
>>6128812
Here you go
>>
>>6128826
What point are you trying to make?
>>
>>6128537
I was aware of his reputation re broken arrow toys before I gambled. I also talked in threads here about how it, combined with the monumental mishandling of the KS, likely had a chilling effect on potential investment. I also predicted a drop in All Ins water the shenanigans started.

Only to be shouted at by some autism lord who couldn't believe people can simultaneously want something and criticize it.
>>
>>6128812
Then you should understand why there was a lot of skepticism. He is not the first person to develop a troubled reputation in the Joe community.

And his autistic whining on the CFT Facebook wasn't a good look either.
>>
>>6127034

The fact that my first Kickstarter experience was Reaper Bones and Shovel Knight, I still mostly view KS as a good platform. Pretty much not touching video game KS after the No. 9 debacle.
>>
>>6128868
Vidya KS will probably be okay. It already seems like its gone to a few reliable Indy people getting most of the funding. I was waiting for the entire crowd funding model for video games to crash with Star Citizen, but it looks like it will die a slow death due to feature creep.
>>
>>6128867
I completely agree with you. His reputation was earned and people had reason to be skeptical. I'm just trying to explain that there wouldn't be any updates at this point. If we go another month or two without tangible information then I would begin to worry.
>>
>>6128871

Vidya will probably do fine, but going through my backed projects and seeing so many delays just makes me think "fuck it, I'll buy it when it's out." Unless it's not obvious its going to clear it's goal.
>>
Where did the Mythic Legions thread go
>>
>>6128865
>Only to be shouted at by some autism lord who couldn't believe people can simultaneously want something and criticize it.

Yeah some people go full retard over shit like that. Having been here for longer than I care to admit, and frequenting the majority of hobby boards, /toy/ is far from the worst for that.
>>
>>6128479
Didn't he help steal a bunch of money with that derpy project with the animal/gun robots?
>>
>>6128865
This, I think that has been the most frustrating thing to me. I knew it was a gamble, and the KS campaign was a shitshow. As >>6128867
points out. The constant bitching and whining on the facbook page nearly kept me from pledging at all....but at the end of the day I love Westerns and I want these figures. (Even though just as custom bases because their designs are kind of shit)

>>6128868
I was sadly not paying attention to get in on that. I really wish I had because I love their minis. It's just a different game for them though production wise....and honestly Reaper is a much, much better company. CFT is only a "company" in the sense they photoshopped a logo and started a KS.
I dunno though the video games ones seem to be like toys, really hit and miss. I'm glad I skipped No. 9.
>>
>>6128900
When you're holding over 150k in people's money and 2 months go by with zero...we need an update. Even if the update is no update. Just make an announcement of where we are in the process.
The only updates we've gotten in the last two months weren't even autonomous, they came from the typical back-handed and bitchy comments after people rightfully started commenting on Facebook posts asking what the hell is going on.
>>
>>6128865
>Broken Arrow Toys

Theyr'e a Joe Customs sponsor, which is a red flag

>Joe Customs are friends with Jin and have trolled /toy/, plus have made a habit of harassing anyone the ban from their shithole of a forum

BA once tried to buy some toys form me and INSISTED I sell to him below asking price, then had the fucking balls to tell me I should tell another interested buyer, which was willing to pay full price, that I shouldn't sell to him because BA wanted them instead. I told him to go fuck himself openly. Not that the whole forum can't go fuck itself, I swear that place attracts literal human trash, and the only ones ever banned are the decent people who aren't total cunts.

And goddammit, not even the staff members can thin their paints! 80% of the customs in the site's gallery have brush streaks.
>>
>>6129839
Really the overwhelming portion of 3.75" communities (especially customizers) are a joke.
It's like any custom game, it becomes a circle jerk over egos, people that just discovered how to drybrush, and nutjobs like Jin shitposting constantly.
I stick with a small group of friends on FB and we share our stuff back and forth but that's it.
>>
>>6129839
>Theyr'e a Joe Customs sponsor, which is a red flag

I post over there. Other than it being dead quite a few of the really old timers openly criticized Dime Novel Legends KickStarter and openly said they weren't participating or were limiting their participation because of Alyosha's reputation.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.