[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Trek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 19

File: dst-D-1.jpg (560KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
dst-D-1.jpg
560KB, 1280x718px
Let's have a Star Trek thread. What stuff do you have? What do you recommend in figures, ships, etc?

I've had my eye on this Enterprise for a long time.
>>
File: 5GOOQ73.jpg (335KB, 1361x2048px) Image search: [Google]
5GOOQ73.jpg
335KB, 1361x2048px
>>6126284
amond select toys are great if you want lights and sounds and saucer seperation for the D

Eaglemoss are great for variety and swooshability

Hallmark is great for jjverse models and the magic light stuff is good.

Mezco is good for tos figures

Playmates for the rest, due to limitations.

And mega bloks are good, but cancelled and nearly impossible to find
>>
File: Picture-14.png (567KB, 938x702px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-14.png
567KB, 938x702px
>want a decent sized Voyager with pivoting nacelles
>Playmates toy is like 300 dollars
>the pre-painted Bandai snapfit kit is even more expensive
>even the Micro Machines Voyager is like 50 dollars on ebay
Is there no end to this pain
>>
I bought this at a con a couple of years ago but have no way to display it. I'm open to suggestions. It might be from the same line as OP's pic but mine came loose without a stand.
>>
File: 20170114_054138.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170114_054138.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
>>6126846
...and by "this" I obviously mean this
>>
File: star trek comp.jpg (188KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
star trek comp.jpg
188KB, 1600x900px
I've also been buying the Eaglemoss stuff and they're soooooo nice.
Kinda wish they had action features, but the detail makes up for it.
>>
>>6126670
make your own moving nacelles, get an exacto, a tiny enough drill and some wire or rods, then make them hinge yourself.
>>
>>6126849
yep, that's a diamond select toys All Good Things Enterprise D, you want one or two stands, because both the saucer and star drive sections can light independently from eachother.
>>
>>6127001
To what Voyager tho? There's not even that many without them.
>>
I know it'll never happen because of legal whatsits, but I'd love to have a model of the Pacific. There's something about the design that just gets me.
>>
So apparently Eaglemoss is going to be making larger versions of some of there ships, in the 10-12 inch range.

I definitely want the Refit, and I hope they make an Excelsior and a Enterprise-E
>>
>>6126849
Hang it from the ceiling.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484432624688.jpg (13KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484432624688.jpg
13KB, 552x414px
I collect 1/1400 scale which is kinda a bitch to do but I think I did alright cent for the warbird, which is outta scale.
>>
File: 2354.jpg (238KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2354.jpg
238KB, 1500x1500px
Is this sweet?
>>
>>6128001
Sure, if you like $20 toys with an inflated price tag.
>>
File: Quark.jpg (22KB, 380x300px) Image search: [Google]
Quark.jpg
22KB, 380x300px
>>6128004
Back off, Odo. I'm selling these at a bargain!
>>
Is there any representation of the Kelvin out there that I won't have to pay out the ass for now? It's practically the only Nutrek ship design I like and I missed the boat on the Hallmark ornament, the Eaglemoss model, and the Hot Wheels.
>>
>>6126284
there is something seriously wrong with the slope of the back of that model, the angel and curve are all wrong
>>
>>6127275
there are plenty of trek ships on shapeways, you can always commission someone to do it
just don't get it printed in a shit material like flexible plastic
>>
>>6127275
Could always ask them and see if there is a kickstarter option, there is one for renegade's icarus.
>>
File: diamond select romulan bop 2.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
diamond select romulan bop 2.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
Any idea why Diamond Select fucked up the nacelles on the Bird of Prey?
>>
File: 1483062841377.jpg (135KB, 956x516px) Image search: [Google]
1483062841377.jpg
135KB, 956x516px
>>6129004

I think the Icarus gets a pass because it only kind of looks like a Trek ship if you squint.

The Pacific's design inspirations are a little more blatant.
>>
>>6128001
How come no one tries to make high quality figures of any other series?

TOS is easily the worst Star Trek series. I'd love a high quality Picard or Sisko figure.
>>
>>6133801
TOS is a safer choice in terms of licensing, because there are more hardcore fans for it who are most willing to buy stuff.
>>
>>6133801
>TOS is easily the worst Star Trek series
How can you say this when Voyager exists? And DS9 isn't all that great either.
>>
>>6134516
>>6134516
>DS9 isn't all that great

Get a load of this faggot
>>
>>6134524
Great acting doesn't equal great writing.

All but a handful of the characters end up badly flanderized by the time the show's over, to say nothing of the times the writers just flat out fucking forget the character development they themselves wrote and end up backpedaling to try and fix it.
>>
>>6134516
fuck you. Voyager > latter half of Enterprise or the "they never needed to be made" Abrams retcon reboot films.
>>
Beyond and enterprise are the best trek since roddenberry.
>>
>>6129902
Well, renegades also had chekov, tuvok and other trek alumni while pacific so far has almost as much delevoped as STD
>>
>>6134596
Never saw Enterprise so I can't comment on that, obviously. And I'm not even saying Voyager is the greatest pile of shit in the universe, I'm just saying it's probably the worst Trek *series* that *I* have seen. If you're gonna start including the movies too, then it isn't even the worst *Trek* thing I've seen.

I'm just saying that TOS is pretty fucking far from one.
>>
File: mirrorverse enterprise.png (290KB, 647x639px) Image search: [Google]
mirrorverse enterprise.png
290KB, 647x639px
>>6134652
I'll never understand the Enterprise hate. As far as I could tell, it was mostly because they got the stardates wrong and met aliens that they weren't supposed to.

Way better than Voyager in every way and does the fucking shtick Voyager was supposed to do extremely well: no way of resupplying in unknown territory and the ship becomes scraps of wooden planks covering holes with random new tech strapped on.
Some characters are disliked for not being as developed as they could be, but Voyager was just as guilty and way worse because of how psychotic they'd behave thanks to writers not giving a shit.
>>
>>6134652
TOS suffered from being low budget, stupid wanting crap pumped out fast, and Gene Roddenberry being too busy fucking every female extra he could. For every 1 good episode there were 2 or 3 mediocre ones, then shit like Spock's Brain.

This shows even worse in the first couple seasons of TNG, when Roddenberry became senile. He thought "humans are so enlightened now, they never argue, it's those lesser species that are the bad ones because they don't know better" that made the show boring. And if he'd had his way totally there'd have been zero TOS.movie influences or references, he didn't even want the old species to make a return. At least everyone else overruled most of his dumbass decisions, and even then no one thought the show would last more than a season. TNG got better when Gene's senile ass left and Picard got to punch his snotty brother in the jaw.

Voyager had a lot of great episodes, and even at its worst it was still better than the Roddenberry TNG era. DS9 was just tops.

>>6134657
It was the studio-mandated time travel war story that hurt it the most, but there were a lot of retcon issues. The doctor was some new species that we never saw in the "future" stories. We met a lot of other species that never showed up later on either. Despite being 100 years behind, the ship looks more advanced than TOS ships- which they sort of treated as "it was just the aesthetic of the era" to get around TOS being so half-assed and simple. The final episode was generally shit for being a TNG episode with a Riker that was too old and fat, plus a Troi that was 20 years older, shoved into the middle of a prior TNG episode in a way that kind of ignored the script of that episode. I mean, good idea, but poorly done, if they'd done it with DS9 or Voyager then the aged actors wouldn't have been so obvious. Shit, have the prophets showing Sisko these events. Oh and they made multiple obvious screw-ups on the ENT side of that story too.
>>
>>6134834
one thing to point out about TOS was that it may have been considered "progressive" at the time to have a black and an Asian, but for the most part the characters didn't much do anything. Uhura mostly ran the phone, and Sulu was a pilot. They were generic jobs- so generic that the comm officer was literally ditched in later shows to have practically any other station handle that simple task. That one time Sulu had a sword? Takei had to argue to get to use something other than a katana because the execs were kinda racist. Uhura never actually kissed Kirk, they had to trick that out with an angled shot, to avoid offending whiny southern stations. And the studio was so racist they literally withheld Nichelle's fan mail from her and she nearly quit- if she hadn't met MLK Jr in person and got encouragement she wouldn't have even stayed.

The show could've been great if not for Gene's dick and the faggot studio execs being dicks. Gene was also known to fuck over his business partners back then, too. Why does anyone think he's some enlightened visionary? He was a massive selfish jackass.

Doctor Who eps actually hold up better than TOS, really. The BBC may have been on a budget but they didn't actively fuck over a show that people liked the way Desilu did.
>>
File: omg_gay.jpg (151KB, 565x689px) Image search: [Google]
omg_gay.jpg
151KB, 565x689px
>>6134854
>Doctor Who eps actually hold up better than TOS, really.
>>
>>6134871
>being this asspained over facts

not since I refused to be Jin's friend have I seen this much asshurt.
>>
>>6134834
>For every 1 good episode there were 2 or 3 mediocre ones
At least it HAD good episodes. And even when they were "bad" or whatever the hell your definition of that word seems to be, they were at least enjoyable, which is a lot more than what I can say for DS9.
>>
>>6134854
Uhura yes but Sulu was every bit the hero Kirk or Spock where. He's regularly on away missions and is in an immensely respected role. Being helmsman on a starship is one of the the most prized roles in Starfleet and is the career route of most if not all of the main Captains of the series.

Gene was a visionary because Star Trek is GOAT he was a jackass and a burden to TNG but he still made the framework for one of the best shows ever and selected women who are absolutely banging even by todays standards.
>>
>>6134657
Thanks for posting that image, didn't know they got around to making a Mirror NX.
Looks so good, I may order one.
>>
>>6127455
So far they've only confirmed the TOS Enterprise, D, and E.
>>
>Being this contrarian about DS9

Even if you don't like, putting it below Enterprise or Voyager just makes you look retarded.

The Defiant is an ugly piece of crap tho.
>>
>>6129902
>>
>>6138359
>>
>>6138361
>>
File: nifty daedyo.jpg (899KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nifty daedyo.jpg
899KB, 1280x720px
I want this to be a thing.
>>
>>6134657
Yeah, I liked Enterprise too. No matter what they did, from the original vision to 24 In Space to space Nazis, it never satisfied the contrarians.
>>
Are there any places that sell Hot Wheel-sized little models? I have a little NuEnterprise one and a row of the little fuckers would please me.
>>
>>6138962
I agree.
From my knowledge and what I have their are these:
JJ white nacelle
JJ blue nacelle
JJ red nacelle
JJ flame/damage
Vengeance from into darkness.

I don't think they released any more?
>>
>>6139116
FASA STARFLEET BATTLES

Look into it, and shapeways stuff
>>
>>6138962
>>6139222

What about that x-wing style game- st attack wing?
I've only seen it in passing.
>>
>>6126849
Any idea what scale it is, or how long?
>>
>>6129380
DST has a bit of an issue in regards to nacelles.
>>
>>6139504
Why is that though?
>>
>>6139335
Attack wing is fine if repainted or sometimes resculpted (excelsior) as it uses heroclix ships.

Still not the best era of trek (pre picard) often.
>>
Hot pocket is so hot mustafar scene is inside of it skit https://youtu.be/dgsf84heH4g
>>
>>6134555
>character development
You're definitely trolling. DS9 has some of the best character development in all of Trek.
>>
File: s-l1600-1456.jpg (271KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600-1456.jpg
271KB, 1200x1600px
this is cool
>>
>>6141378
>DS9 has some of the best character development in all of Trek.
You mean when in season 5 everyone regresses to their season 2 levels so they can develop all over again?

Or the blatant character assassinations of Dukat and Winn?

Or when everyone except Miles, Quark, Nog and Jake who barely counts because he barely shows up, pretty much become caricatures of themselves?

Or the hamfisted romance between Kira and Odo that's suddenly introduced because a writer was a fan of that subplot from like three years ago?

Yeah, that's some great fucking character development right there.
>>
>>6141209
They hand build most of their toys without any guides what so ever aside from sculpts which sometimes cause a strange proportion problem.

Sometimes the nacelles are completely detached from the ship as a whole.
>>
File: Eaglemoss_13_Jem_Hadar_Cruiser.jpg (570KB, 1520x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Eaglemoss_13_Jem_Hadar_Cruiser.jpg
570KB, 1520x1280px
don't mind me just being the religion of peace passing through
>>
>>6145156
I don't agree with any of that.
>>
>>6126849
Use fishing line to hang it from the ceiling.
>>
>>6154639
Modern discovery would have had federation v maquis and allied with the dominion.
>>
>>6126887
What is that monstrosity on the right?
>>
>>6129902

>totally not a Whitestar
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.