[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You knoe, but would you actually buye?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 81955.jpg (39KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
81955.jpg
39KB, 225x350px
/toy/ a question that has been on my mind for a while.

So many "you knoe" threads where people talk about what they want to see, but then when something that was considered "sought after" does come out, there have been instances it tanks, usually because the knoe crowd was too niche or it was a shitty figure, but sometimes I just get the impression that people want to see something get made, but don't necessarily want to buy it.

Can anyone here honestly say that while they have wanted to see a figure get made, they had no real urge to actually buy it should it come out?

I get the impression that like, there's a large percentage of "spectator" collectors here who just want the thrill of seeing something made into plastic form, without actually wanting to cough up the dough to buy it, like some kind of vicarious collector..

Pic unrelated. But you do knoe, right..?
>>
>>6125223
No, I actually buy everything that I ask for.
>>
There's maybe ten people that reguarlly vist here, we're not going to affect sales either way

Plus the CCS figure did well in the end
>>
>>6125281
I think there's more than 10, I mean, there's probably like, 10 namefags/tripfags at least. Then you add all the people that post anon. Plus most threads have a decent amount of unique posters.
>>
>>6125292
>Plus most threads have a decent amount of unique posters
That's just me. I renew my IP and clear my cache after every post to samefag 24/7. But yeah, when I want something enough to bitch about it, I buy it when it gets done. As for the other 9, 5 of them only ask for complete shit nobody will ever buy (you're included) and 4 ask for stuff forgetting the fact they'll never be able to afford them.
>>
>>6125223
You are totally right OP. "Spectator collectors" is something I've noticed a lot of too. Hell, this is a huge problem everywhere on this site. Go to /o/ and see all the people bitching about companies making/not making cars that they will bever afford. Over there its called benchracing. Go to somewhere like /tv/ where they all complain about the state of the movie industry yet the only thing most of them have seen last year was avengers bullshit while they let real films rot away at the box office.

I think i personally do this with videogames. I'd follow all the gossip and news about a new devil may cry or street fighter game but i dont even play much of those series. /v/ is horrible about this actually. So i think it comes with any hobby. It sucks, but if the economy was better and minimum wage higher and cost of living lower MAYBE people would spend more money on their hobbies and break out of their tiny comfort zones and creators will be able to experiment again.
>>
>>6125460
Maybe oeople want to relate and talk about the same thing even if its circlejerky
>>
Everything I've ever U Knoed never came out. My tastes are indeed rather niche, though (lesser known 80s/early 90s animu and japanese vidya)

Fuck, if Figma existed back then I'd be spending tons of money chasing old ones. I already do things like buy 80s videogame keshi for like $25 dollars and those are fucking erasers
>>
>>6125660
Oh, and I should add, OP- ol Quattro Vagina there in your pic is definitely a u knoe
>>
>>6125223
I remember years and years ago I said I would love to see a SIC double pack of Fang Joker and KR Skull since they were my favourite double suit, thinking the chance of those specific two being packaged together was a bit of a stretch.

The miraculously it actually got made... and I was like "meh" and didn't buy it. I've always felt kinda guilty about that.
>>
>>6125281
>Plus the CCS figure did well in the end
I never had a customer even look at them. I wonder how they actually sold in Japan where collectors have money.
>>
>>6125223
I think a perfect example of this would be Master Asia, he was shown years ago when the S.H. Figuarts line was still new(2009?) but since Domon didn't sell well, they postponed/cancelled his release but they still "updated" Master Asia's prototype whenever they have a chance to display him. He then became notorious/infamous in the toy collector world for being the unreleased from the east(a pun from undefeated from the east), and I think because of this, collectors spammed messages/tweets/etc to Bluefin/Bandai for them to release him. Come the 20th anniversary of G Gundam, Bandai then released him along with a new prototype of Casual Domon but Master Asia shelfwarmed so bad that I've seen him being discounted for 70%(or more?)

CCS or particulary Sakura herself is "knoe" done right and If I remember correctly, the knoe threads originated from one anon on toy who would post this picture of Sakura with a misspelled word know during figma's early years. When she was announced fans were delighted since CCS is still popular up to now and merch from that series is quite scarce and because of this. the figma of her(OP version) made it into Hobbysearch's top 15 sales ranking for 2015:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/1512292

The fgma OP version I think is still selling well upto(for 2 years) now since I heven't seen it being marked down to 50% off like what happened to Madoka.

Knoe threads works for some reason, I think a variation of this is "Yuno who needs a figma"(Yuno from Hidamari sketch) and lo and behold, she too got a figma.

Bless you Knoe anon for wishing a figma of Sakura, all your spamming didn't go to waste! and I'm happy that we are still getting figmas from that series.
>>
File: 6014170985_9001f7f608.jpg (36KB, 364x256px) Image search: [Google]
6014170985_9001f7f608.jpg
36KB, 364x256px
All of my knoes are shit most people wouldn't buy.
I think the only time one of mine even got put out was that Sexy Commando Figma that came out of nowhere.

I would buy the fuck out of any of my knoes.
>>
>>6125777
>eBay is full of China versions selling for $15
no wonder the real deal sat
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.