[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NERF General - I rebelle edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 72

Previous Thread: >>6013285

I'm so glad that line didn't make it into the movie.
>>
>>6123171
So I'm gonna have a little disposable income on this check and my arsenal is looking a little weak lately.

I have a lightly modded Hammershot with a borderlands paint job, should I get another and mod it with the OMW kit and a 7 cylinder or should I grab a Swarmfire from eBay?

I love the feel of the hammershot, but my Hailfire and my Rapidstrike are both in the middle of modification and I have no satisfying primaries at the moment, and I've wanted a Swarmfire for a while now.

Also, I'm going on a major thrift shop binge tomorrow but I don't expect to find anything
>>
>>6123171
Yeah it also would of gone against her character, since by that part of the movie she wasn't all that sympathetic with them.
>>
>>6123626
Why not just save your money for something good? What's wrong with the Rapidstrike?
>>
>>6123626
If you already have a hammershot why would you get another to mod? Why not save the money and mod the existing one?

swarmfires aren't that great and don't really have primary status given what I used to see people do to them.
On the topic of primaries, most blasters have the same range. The only differences are how they load, size, accuracy, and what you can strap onto them.

You don't need a stock swarmfire primary if you already have a modded hammershot and two modded flywheel blasters in the back burner unless you need it for a war or something.

Shit, you should just get some socks to throw or a water noodle to slap people with and finish your projects if you can.
>>
>>6123867
Nothing really, it's just boring. It is a little bit taken apart as well, it would take me only a few minutes to put it back together but I just can't be fucked to do it.

>>6123954
>If you already have a hammershot why would you get another to mod?

I'm waiting for the HS-02 kit to become available and I don't want to add it to my borderlands hammershot because I'm okay with calling that one finished - only removed the AR and added a spacer on the spring for that one. I wanted another Hammershot with OMW internals to put the HS-02 kit on when I can get my hands on it.

I really like the Swarmfire and am pretty capable at modification, and I've seen pretty cool modded ones. Plus I like variety and would like a little bit of everything. Is a Swarmfire really not worth buying at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 800x600px
>>6124099
Well it doesn't take any streamline darts and out of the shell it's pretty small. It's worth getting if you want a fancy attachment or integration but there's not a lot you need to do with it.

It's like if jolts came in a shell the size of a maverick but could be unscrewed to pull out the normal blaster. The swarmfire is like 80% dead space and once you take it out of the shell any further effort is gratuitous. Maybe rebarrel it or throw a voltage mod but what's the point? theres nothing to mod on it and it'll just turn into a really good secondary. I doubt you need more secondaries.
>>
Just received my two strongarms to play with my gf. Really cool guns. What could it be my next, guys? One that shots a lot, I would prefer!
>>
>>6124314
Probably should have gotten two Disruptors instead. Or gotten her a 5-shot Sweet Revenge to demonstrate to her how women will only shoot about 87% of what a man is capable of shooting.
>>
>>6124314
strong arms are a classic! rough cuts are fun but can be a bit annoying with softer/older darts falling out of the barrels. You can get them pretty cheap as well, at least around my neck of the woods.
>>
Anyone replace the spring on the Artemis yet, or is it unnecessary?
>>
File: NERD.jpg (74KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
NERD.jpg
74KB, 1368x768px
Despite how fun he makes it sound, $12 would be my price point for this disappointing thing.

captcha: no loading
>>
>>6124176
>I doubt you need more secondaries.

True, I have plenty of options there.

I'm still trying to find things that fit my style best. I get the feeling that my loadout is almost there but not quite, hence my variety (and why I'm currently replacing the motors in my Hailfire). That's why I want to delve into some of the old blasters and see if there's anything I can do with them and I really like the Swarmfire in theory.

Probably the best i felt was with my stryfe, with a motor replacement and rewire, relubrication, paint job, integrated extended barrel (think Han Solo's sidearm) and a Slingfire stock i'd turned into a modular attachment and added weight at the back of. I got bored with it too quickly though.
>>
>>6124772
He almost convinced me to get one
>>
File: Nerf Modulus.jpg (216KB, 2000x700px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf Modulus.jpg
216KB, 2000x700px
>mfw Nerf decided to use two different shades of white between the Modulus and XD series
>>
>>6125102
Rather than the paint colour, it's probably the differences in plastic colour
>>
>>6125263
I posted this in the old thread, didnt see the new one. Got a massive second hand deal, how´d i do?
>>
>>6125278
If it's all in nice enough condition i'd be pretty happy
>>
>>6124772
>>6124994
i want one, but not for 34 quid.
>>
>>6125416
Guess I'll see that when it arrives, I'll keep you all posted :)
>>
>>6125278
It's objectively a good deal, but I'm not too impressed by it honestly. A couple of Stryfes, an Alpha Trooper, a Firestrike and a Thunderbow with a shitload of accessories and a few darts is something I'd probably have passed over, but if you genuinely want it, good job bud.
>>
>>6125479
Ive just started out with all of this, all I had was a retaliator and a hammershot and 4 dissapointed friends that I didnt have enough nerf blasters to have a nice fight with. I'm gonna sell the trash I dont need and maybe I can even turn a profit off this deal
>>
>>6125278
Not a bad price, especially since there doesn't seem to be much crap IMHO.
>>
>>6125116
Yeah, there is no paint. It's definitely different plastic. Rather disappointing since I could have just painted an old Recon barrel the matching shade of white.
>>
I've been hitting up thrift stores all day, so far all I've got is a Rhino-Fire for $3. That's IT.
>>
>>6126784
I bet they're overloaded too.
>>
>>6126809
I mean probably. The darts will probably get crushed, squished or worse during shipping too. I'll buy aftermarket ones some time soon anyway.

Anyone know kinda of price range I could sell the thunderbow at?
>>
>>6126842
Used ones on eBay go for between $10--$20 before shipping.

I'm not kidding.
>>
>>6127510
Thats pretty sweet, dont plan on using it anyway since there will be a cycloneshock too :)
>>
>>6127542
Yeah, I'd get rid of that Thunderbow super quick. Even getting just under $15 for it ain't too shabby.
>>
File: Hawkeye-PNG-File.png (1MB, 1024x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye-PNG-File.png
1MB, 1024x1382px
>>6126842
>>6127542
Why would you want to get rid of one of the most powerful MEGA blaster??
>>
File: 253235234.jpg (80KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
253235234.jpg
80KB, 894x894px
any tutorials for NERF-noobs?

I am looking for a Model of a
Nerf-(doublebarrel)Shotgun
and a Nerf-Singleshot-Rifle,
but couldn't find any model or build that comes close.

Can you recommend anything?
>>
File: Elitecolorbarrelbreak.jpg (86KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Elitecolorbarrelbreak.jpg
86KB, 1000x1000px
>>6129056
>>
File: TRUP8939910001_CF0001.jpg (214KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TRUP8939910001_CF0001.jpg
214KB, 1000x1000px
>>6129065
>>
>>6129066
name of that beast?

Can you mod nerfs for more firepower without breaking them?
>>
File: longstrike.jpg (31KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
longstrike.jpg
31KB, 700x350px
>>6129071
Longshot.

There's also the Longstrike, but it's been discontinued for years.
>>
File: 55-38132-longshot-1338326370.jpg (86KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
55-38132-longshot-1338326370.jpg
86KB, 600x337px
when I want to repaint NERFS,
do I NEED to take them apart?
>>
>>6129083
Depends on the part. Some you can get away with painting as is. Others you'll have to take apart if you want to do a good job. You'll have to prep the surface before painting regardless.
>>
>>6129066
the longshot is and always will be the best looking nerf gun ever made, prove me wrong
>protip: you absolutely can't
>>
>>6129184
Atlas or Rayven.
>>
>>6129202
second the rayven
>>
File: 71JiWQrNA9L._SL1500_.jpg (178KB, 1500x557px) Image search: [Google]
71JiWQrNA9L._SL1500_.jpg
178KB, 1500x557px
I would like to make the barrel longer on this BuzzBee.

Is it worth the effort?
>>
>>6129554
Longer barrels are a big negative in the vast majority of nerf guns. The only time it's a benefit is for barrels with an airtight fit and large amounts of pressure behind them
>>
can you make a working flaregun out of a NERF-gun?

Anyone ever tried a custom-job / mod like this?
>>
>>6129710
Why would you want to? I suppose you could, but do you really want to risk your life in a search and rescue over a toy?
>>
>>6129745
its obviously not meant for a Life & Rescue-situation
but for new years eve or some backyard-play,
obviously!
>>
>>6129710
you could buy a proper flare gun for not too much money and not worry about the thing blowing up in your face.
>>
>>6129184
Maybe one day Hasbro will once again fuck up designing a blaster so hard that they accidentally give it potential far above anything else of its era. All while packaging it in a CoD kiddy chic that will never go out of style.
>>
File: My collection so far.jpg (1MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
My collection so far.jpg
1MB, 5376x3024px
The massive second hand shipment has finally arrived, happy to report that only about 20% of the darts were squished to my surprise, everything is functional and zero jams!
>>
File: 1479532768946.jpg (1MB, 2838x2355px) Image search: [Google]
1479532768946.jpg
1MB, 2838x2355px
>>6131072
>not a bunch of Hammershots
Still, you're pretty good.
>>
>>6131209
They're bloody expensive here (€21) and never go on sale :c
>>
>>6131072
>>6131242
>>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>6131375
Yes I posted it on there too, so what, cant be part of two communities?
>>
>>6131375
Um...what was the reason for this post, bud?
>>
>>6131375
>nerfposting only on /toy/

Seriously hope you have a lot of time to f5
>>
File: IMG_20170116_171847.jpg (687KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170116_171847.jpg
687KB, 1600x1200px
Hey nerf community, I bought a couple of pic relateds on clearance to blast the shit out of my son and three days later two of the hard caps of the darts have fallen off. Is this typical and should I just resign myself to buying tons of extra ammo? Thx.
>>
>>6131812
Buy tons of extra ammo. Unavoidable
>>
>>6131812
You can get offbrand darts for considerably cheaper than nerf on amazon.
>>
>>6131812
You can get 100 chinese darts for $5 on ebay. The official Elite darts aren't even that good to begin with anyway.
>>
>>6131812
Oh, and to answer your question, I've never had the tips fall off on me without MASSIVE abuse. And even then, I'd just hot glue the tip back on, provided that the foam is still good (usually not, due to aforementioned MASSIVE abuse).
>>
I thought the Disruptor wasn't ever made, and got replaced by the Strongarm?

I just saw one at Target, what's going on?
>>
>>6131387
NOOOOOOO!!!!! THEY ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!!!
>>
>>6132567
It is the new release replacing the strongarm.
>>
>>6131823
>>6131875
>>6132043
Thanks, my next question was gonna be if those slightly more expensive rifled darts were worth it.
>>6132049
>Hotgluing the tips back on
l-lewd
>>
So the Magnus is a breech loader with an internal magazine, but it is a pistol type. I'm hankering for a rifle that loads the same way. Is there anything on the market, including off-brand blasters? Performance isn't a huge concern.
>>
>>6133537
I personally cant think of any but that sounds like a fun custom project
>>
>>6133536
If you mean Nerf's new Accustrike darts, then maybe. I don't know what they cost, but apparently they're one of the most accurate and consistent darts you can get. Of course, you're still just flinging a hunk of foam, so don't expect miracles.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (384KB, 1516x1094px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
384KB, 1516x1094px
>>6133537
You can get an Ionfire and add your own attachments to it to achieve rifle status.

There's a Buzzbee bolt rifle, but the name escapes me, because nobody uses breech loading blasters.
>>
>>6134177
Ah yes, Buzzbee. I used to own the Hunter and then the Hawk. The Hunter is easily the best one of the two, a shame it is so tiny though.

Ionfire lacks an internal mag, but you're right about being able to give it a rifle's appearance. Thanks.

>>6133804
If I had the aptitude I'd be thinking of making the Magnus into a rifle, since the internals are already there. Then again, reworking a clip-system blaster to have a permanently attached magazine loaded through the jam door might work, but only if I work out how to make the bolt design more friendly for that.
>>
>>6134263
Using my old Raider as a reference, a bolt action, breech loaded, internal mag design could be possible with some modifications.

The worst offending parts are a long 'pin' on the bolt that exists to prevent the darts in the magazine from popping out of the magazine and missing the barrel when being loaded. The clip system design already has a fairly reliable grip on darts that this bolt can be cut shorter.

However, the gun will jam more despite what I just said, how? On the raider, and presumably most other blasters of this type, there is a 'gate' in the barrel that prevents the dart from being pushed too far forward by the bolt sliding forward, and effectively forces the dart backwards in the bolt's tube, where it forms a tight seal for firing. Without the long 'pin' the dart might bend if it misses the chamber inside the bolt. I'll address this problem in a moment. Another detail is that when the bolt travels forward, an 'arm' reaches past the side of the clip and presses a spring loaded mechanism to lower the 'gate'. By the time the 'gate' is lowered, the dart has been sealed in place inside the bolt. Removing this 'gate' would render the blaster inoperable, as darts would never slide into the bolt and would instead jam or fall out.

(cont)
>>
>>6134320
(cont)

Perhaps with a bit of creative fuckery, one could extend this 'arm' to reach further forwards, and place the gate and it's lowering mechanism further forwards in the barrel the same distance. This would allow the dart to travel further into the barrel before being pushed back. But now it won't slide all the way into the bolt, and prevent it from firing correctly, because the dart would be loosely sitting in the wide barrel and wouldn't have formed a seal in the bolt. To remedy this, the section of the barrel before the gate could be made more narrow, and the bolt's could be partially sealed with a small seal with an air hole in the middle. This seal would catch the back of the dart and push it towards the gate and new chamber, and when fully locked forward, the dart would be sitting in a space between the bolt's new seal and the (now lowered) gate.

But now the seal the dart is forming in the bolt is tiny, compared to having the entire dart forming the seal in the stock design. A custom seal could be added between the bolt and barrel to help seal it, but I'm not sure if it would interfere too much with the clip's feeding of darts and cause jams and damaged darts. But if it could be sealed, it would prevent any air leakage between bolt and barrel when the dart starts to leave, making sure that all the pressure follows the dart out of the end of the barrel.

(cont)
>>
>>6134338
(cont)

Of course the bolt would now contain a lot of extra air that the weak plunger would have to compress, so though the barrel is airtight once again, pressure would still be horrid. I haven't really looked into how people improve air compression in these types of plunger designs. A harsher spring would brute force extra pressure to make up for the loss, but that doesn't solve the inherent flaw of the plunger's design. Maybe giving the plunger less distance to travel, and thus less air mass to compress would help? I'm not sure.

Adding a bolt action arm would involve drilling into the back of the blaster and attaching a straight rod onto the bolt, whose joints would need to withstand the stress of being twisted and pulled back with the cocking action of the bolt. On the outside of the blaster, I could probably add a catch to hold the bolt arm in the locked position so it won't swing up and down when moving with the blaster, and hopefully rely on the stock locking mechanism that prevents the slide being pulled back when the blaster is already armed.

This is all theoretical, there's probably better ways to do it, and it probably doesn't use internals like the Raider to achieve it, but hey, it's the only clip system blaster I have next to me. Personally I'd seek out a longstrike for the project, since that blaster doesn't have a stock directly behind the plunger, which gives room for the added bolt to slide back when priming the blaster.
>>
Accustrike pistol customs, how many exist yet?
>>
Got a drain blaster to fire darts with excessive force. Picked up the one on Amazon that qualifies for prime, with the angled grip. Anyone know of a blaster shell that fits it well? I plan on hopefully stuffing it in a blaster shell with the pump sticking out of the bottom of the grip, and a removable barrel extension to stick out the barrel portion of the shell
>>
I just bought a Disruptor, what should I get now?

Anything but flywheels, I don't want my parents to know I'm buying nerf guns, especially when I don't go nerfing anywhere.
>>
>>6134612
What are you looking for? Springers obviously, but what kind
>>
>>6134612

Try to find a group near you? There's quite a few war communities out there and even places that are indoor nerf-exclusive arenas.
>>
>>6134612
Ask them for V-neck sweaters, to take you to poetry readings at the local bookstores, and to see the latest chick flicks. Once they're on the brink of believing you're gay, ask them for a Nerf gun. They will be happy to support your aggressive new hobby.
>>
Bought a Tri-Strike on clearance for £13.50 and I really like it. I'd never really been super into Nerf, but the attachments have sold me on it, I want more.

What other Nerf weapons would you guys recommend I invest in? I'm specifically looking for something that'd let me utilize the missile launcher/stock from the Tri-Strike as an underslung option, since top-mounting it looks a tad silly to me - the only other gun I have is a Stryfe and the under rail simply isn't long enough to fit the launcher on.
>>
>>6136109
It can go on the side of the demolisher for glorious double missile action.

Or I guess the modulus ecs10 if you're a lame faggot, but that would still be on the side
>>
File: 1481482913251.jpg (28KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481482913251.jpg
28KB, 600x480px
>>6136109
Here's a quick guide for you
>buy a demolisher
>hack the missile launcher off
>graft on a tactical rail
>slide the tri-strike missile launcher onto the tactical rail
>????
>profit
>>
>>6136109
I think one of the drawbacks to the Tri-Strike missile launcher is that the tubing is too short for the missile to sit anywhere else BUT the top rail on most blasters.
>>
File: Tristrike 002.jpg (788KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Tristrike 002.jpg
788KB, 2304x1728px
>>
File: close combat upgrade.jpg (187KB, 1200x724px) Image search: [Google]
close combat upgrade.jpg
187KB, 1200x724px
What's the most useful tactical rail accessory available? Pic possibly related.
>>
File: IMG_3145.jpg (658KB, 1728x1296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3145.jpg
658KB, 1728x1296px
>>6137529
Step it up
>>
I bought some Nerf guns on a whim a while back ago, and I've only been using them to fire darts across the room so my cat can chase them. I want to do a HvZ or whatever thing adults do to play with Nerf, but I'm in my thirties and not in college. Would it be weird to try to join something like that at my age?
>>
>>6137665
kek, nice one
but,
>TWO barrel extensions
might as well put a cork in that blaster, cause those darts aren't going anywhere fast.
>>
>>6137708
The Long range barrel increases range while the foregrip on the side steadies shots, ensuring the darts don't lose velocity bouncing along the barrel.
>>
>>6137728
The bipod steadies shots. The side grip gives +1 to creds while in da hood.
>>
>>6137728
longer barrel = chance for more friction.
I understand your attempt to mitigate this through the side grip, but I don't understand why you'd want to put one on in the first place. It makes the shot more stable, yes, but it massively detriments range.
>>
>>6123171
>girls stole star wars
still mad
then again, it's one less thing I'll shill out money for
git gud, merchants
>>
>>6136109

Get a Retaliator. It's a decent blaster, but with the barrel attachment, you can actually undersling the grenade launcher. It's not perfect as the missile barrel does't fully click it's tooth into the ret barrel's notch, but it's secure enough to work really well.

It also works on the Recon mkII, but you still need the retaliator's barrel, and I just think the retaliator is a better blaster overall.
>>
File: 1323659390138.jpg (53KB, 800x681px) Image search: [Google]
1323659390138.jpg
53KB, 800x681px
>>6137889
what are you? gay?
>>
>>6137862
>>6137708
So far zero issues ever firing it.

I want the Tri Strike tho for that Lever Action sniper.
>>
File: Recon 001.jpg (695KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Recon 001.jpg
695KB, 2304x1728px
need more attachments.
>>
>>6138529
You can probably fit the flashlight on the front barrel piece and the "laser beam" on the stock.
>>
File: LS_stock.jpg (16KB, 385x223px) Image search: [Google]
LS_stock.jpg
16KB, 385x223px
>>6138529
you forgot the rail on the stockgun

also best stock coming through, no foam niggas need apply
>>
File: WorkerStock 001.jpg (768KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WorkerStock 001.jpg
768KB, 2304x1728px
>>6138736
I've got the Worker one like that, feels good.
>>
>>6137320
Stop shitting up the thread with your hurr custom nerf guns durr
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (75KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
75KB, 700x420px
Groupon is selling those "World Tech" blasters for $20 cheaper than Target. Dunno if I want to pull the trigger, tho.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-world-tech-warriors-motorized-dart-blasters-electric-rapid-fire
>>
>>6139576
I wonder how well you can fit new motors and cages in there. The stock wiring is probably trash too.
>>
>>6139576
The big ones look pretty dumb but the short one on the right is okay. It does look like some sort of goddamn Black & Decker tool though.
>>
>>6139646
Hey senpai, it's basically a giant Fearless Fire for boys, don't be harshing on it.
>>
File: Rayven 002.jpg (805KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Rayven 002.jpg
805KB, 2304x1728px
>>6139524
make me :)
>>
>>6137701
Anyone?
>>
>>6137701
>>6140589
Just wear an oversized T-shirt and baggy shorts and blend in like everyone else.
>>
File: birdGhibli.jpg (125KB, 800x707px) Image search: [Google]
birdGhibli.jpg
125KB, 800x707px
Got the Modulus Barrelstrike today, feels pretty good.

Comfy on the Rayven.
>>
Finally got a Blue Stryfe, bless you Savers.
>>
>>6139576
>Black tip
>Enjoying getting shot up by police
I thought US retailers mandated brightly colored tips on toy guns?
>>
>>6140702
>>Be Black
>>Enjoying getting shot up by police
FTFY

Everyone else just gets a finger wagged at.
>>
>>6140702
Laws regarding toys demand a bring orange tip in the US.
>>
>>6129071
yeah the longshot is a monster modded
>>
>>6140698
the worst stryfe...
>>
>>6141128
>>6141128
What's wrong with it? It matches my Longstrike barrel and my Raider stock. Or rather, what did they fix in later iterations?
>>
File: BOOMco-Blasters-ToysRUs.png (211KB, 980x2005px) Image search: [Google]
BOOMco-Blasters-ToysRUs.png
211KB, 980x2005px
>>6140702
>>6141003
Just noticed the Boomco blasters don't have orange tips.
>>
>>6141374
I just learned that orange tips aren't actually required unless you are making something that could be classified as a replica firearm--which Halo guns are not. Neither are Nerf guns or Super Soakers, but it seems like Hasbro decided to err on the side of caution to protect themselves.

Also, I'm not so sure how safe I'd feel outside with these things without orange tips. You'd probably be fine with stuff like the Needler or Plasma Blaster, but the UNSC rifle and SMG look sorta uncomfortably close to real guns despite their bright colors.
>>
>work at toysrus
>see Rapidfire in the RDG bin
>ask what was wrong with it
>parents claimed it didn't work, so they returned it
>check the batteries
>they put four fucking aa's in the battery tray
>ask if I can buy it
>sure anon, $10
Now I own a Rapidfire, great.
>>
>>6141215
i'm just shit posting, dude. I personally just like the orange version so much more. I think they might have removed some random plastic from the inside for the orange repaint. Nothing fancy.
>>
Does anyone know if there's some sort of adapter to convert nerf rails and connectors between each other? I want to try doing stupid shit like taking a Stryfe's top rail and turning the gun into a giant underbarrel attachment.
>>
>>6141672
I think you will find what you are looking for 3D printed on etsy. Just type in nerf coupling rail.
>>
>>6141706
Ah, thanks, I tried looking earlier but I kept getting bombarded with nerf-to-picatinny convertors.
>>
>>6141496
Like from the shell? Or did they take out that awful dart sensor lock?
>>
>>6142191
that's the one
>>
>>6142587
Never ran into that cause it was the first thing I took out. From the testimony, though, it sounded pretty terribad, which is exactly why I took it out, lol.
>>
File: Nerf Masterkey 4.jpg (233KB, 1600x640px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf Masterkey 4.jpg
233KB, 1600x640px
>>6141496
I thought orange was a horrible idea. They reissued the Retaliator in white, the Roughtcut in white, Triad in white... Ecstatically awaiting the Stryfe in white so I could remake my masterkey in white without painting.

Instead, receive only disappointment.

>>6141672
You can make your own. You could buy some aluminum U-channels and hold them together with screws. Or you could split a PVC pipe in half and hold those together with screws. Pic related.
>>
Really want a desolator, any idea on when or where they may go on sale? Or what stryfe accessories are there?
>>
>>6137701
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChclNB2PTUqSwtcVmz5I7DQ

not too weird
>>
>>6137701
I'm in the same boat.
>>
>>6129184
To be honest I'd always loved the Longshot. Now though, the Accustrike Alphahawk has taken that position.
>>
>>6129765
A real flare gun would be likely cheaper, definitely easier and much safer.
>>
>>6143122
Videos like that just make it kind of discouraging. At a Nerf event, what's the ratio of people who take it very seriously (ie, people that disassemble Nerf guns and have specific names for types of springs) to people who just want to show up with a Nerf gun they bought at Target and just want to dick around and shoot it at others?
>>
>>6145176
If the group has a good size, they'll have categories for stock, superstock, ultrastock, and homemades.
>>
>>6141374
spiker has orange tip but it's sunken in and not that visible from the sides
>>
File: Worker Rival.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Worker Rival.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Excuse potato as always
>>
>>6147086
It's like a shitty artemis
>>
>>6147462
At the time it was like a better Atlas.
>>
>>6147462
>>6147519
I think it looks great
>>
>>6147462
>shartemis

At least until you need more than 30 shots.
>>
>>6147519
I, for one, can't wait until the HIRricane is just a shitty Nemesis
>>
>>6148335
I think it's clear that the nemesis has a huge hopper. I'll eat my words on that if it doesn't but I don't see tubes in the pictures, I just see a huge void full of balls that probably fall into a conveyer belt leading to flywheels
>>
>>6148865
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L9oQex9QA8

I was right
>>
>>6148865
I'm not sure if that was meant as an argument or something. It definitely used a hopper, everyone who's seen it knows that
>>
>>6149304
I've seen some people shouting about how Hasbro ripped of outofdarts design for it so it was defiantly an idea floating around
>>
>>6149304
I wasn't trying to be antagonistic btw
>>
My parents dont like me playing with guns how do I get them to get me nerf guns?
>>
>>6149639

>2.You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
I just got the Jyn Erso deluxe blaster for 30 bux, are there any recommended attachments for it?
>>
>>6138463
>Lever Action Sniper
You mean the missile launcher? incorporating the pump trigger into the stock is one of the most oddball moves NERF ever pulled. You're better off getting a Thunderblast or Demolisher if you're looking for a good main missile launcher. But if you're looking for an on-par sidearm, I guess it could fit.
>>
File: thats cool.png (4KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
thats cool.png
4KB, 300x310px
>>6143019
I know this is a custom blaster, but that tacrail inverter on the barrel extension seems like a fantastic idea.
>>
>>6152098
Wasn't there a target version that came with a stock, barrel, and scope?
>>
File: $_12[1].jpg (31KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
$_12[1].jpg
31KB, 500x276px
>>6152550
Yeah, for 75 dollars.
>>
Just got a Longstrike barrel. The bore is so big, like you could probably fire a Mega through it. Why aren't they more popular?
>>
>>6152919
gotta love that star wars licence price...jezz
>>
>>6152919
>>6153116
It's like you don't even support the rebel cause.

>>6153113
They're popular. That's why they're $20 on ebay instead of $5 for a Recon barrel.
>>
>>6141401
It's me again
>see Zombie Strike Longshot in RDG
>ask what was wrong with it
>parents didn't speak English, claimed it was jammed
>check jam door
>2 darts are squished in the cylinder
>clear jam
>ask if I can buy it
>sure anon, $5
Fuck, now I own a Longshot.
>>
>>6153707
>>6141401
I work at a toy store myself, gotta love returns due to incompetence.
>>
>>6153622
buy war bonds NOW!
>>
>>6153707
Good luck on your next venture of convincing a mexican parent to buy a Terrascout to return later.
>>
>>6155255
The ones that returned the Rapidstrike with AA batteries in the tray were Armenian. But yeah, the ones that returned the Longshot were Mexican.
>>
Is the Hammershot getting discontinued?
>>
Is there any place to reliably get separate attachments (Barrels, stocks, sights etc.) without the entire gun?
I've looked briefly at Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress etc. for either official/unofficial stuff, but can't really find a good source.
>>
>>6155569
Everything gets discontinued eventually. What are you actually asking?

>>6155693
What's wrong with ebay? That's where I wind up going if I need an old accessory. If I want something modern, I get it from Hasbro's ebay shop or Target.com. You can get the individual attachments separately for $5-6 each. You can even get the core ESC-10 Modulus gun by itself. But if you're getting at least 2 from a set, I'd get them from Target.com where the Sniper/Stealth/etc Modulus sets are about $10-11.
>>
>>6156485
We haven't stocked any at my Toysrus, and there aren't any on Amazon for regular price.
>>
>>6155693
Toys R Us and Hasbro both sell a few on their websites.
>>
>>6156501
Without knowing exactly myself, I'd say that's a pretty decent indicator that it's getting discontinued. There's that Hammershot guy that bought 10 of them for $5 each or something.
>>
>>6156666
Checked
>>6156870
This is why I'm stockpiling them.
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 148x59px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 148x59px
Why Nerf doesn't make generic looking full auto guns. I want to make Thompson and MP40.
>>
>>6137701
I work in IT,
Its a fairly high turn over area,
Once we all went out and got nerf guns, Shot each other all the time, had a ball.
Arms race happened,
People buying bigger and bigger guns,
People modifying blasters.
Then one of the managers said "Thats unprofessional, No more Nerf"
All the nerf went home or was sold/given away.
As i said high turnover place, so old managers leave, New shit kickers come in, One of them grabs a nerf gun during a lunchbreak
"NERFS BACK ON BOYS"
Everyone brings in their blasters again.
Arms race starts up because there are new blasters again,
Everyone shoots everyone again,
Eventually management comes out again
"Unprofessional guys, no more nerf"

And the cycle keeps going,

In my area there are some outdoor nerf groups that meet up, But it's like... kids, teenagers who play too much call of duty.... and then out of shape guys in their 30s.

I'm not outta shape enough to hang with them, Or creepy looking enough. and i just cant fucking stand kids.
>>
>>6157331
Is Airsoft not a thing there? You'd figure it would've absorbed most of that demographic.
>>
>>6157254
What does this generic "full auto" gun look like? Most Nerf guns fit that description.

>>6157331
>Arms race happened,
Since the dawn of time...
>>
>>6157254
US toy safety laws kek
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 650x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 650x401px
>>6158635
Something like this. Pistol grip and straight mag.
If you would add some kind of stock, curved mag and longer barrel, it starts to look like assault rifle.
>>
I just found video of modified Nerf STG 44.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dylsOjzpwxU
>>
File: 81xm3-IAooL._SL1500_.jpg (198KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81xm3-IAooL._SL1500_.jpg
198KB, 1500x1500px
>>6158807
Very few Nerf blasters come with curved mags. They are almost exclusively straight.
>>
>>6158818

Modulus 10 dart mags are curved but it's mostly just for looks.
>>
File: 20170131_213236.jpg (2MB, 1377x2823px) Image search: [Google]
20170131_213236.jpg
2MB, 1377x2823px
>tfw you find your receipt
>>
>>6158902
And it's also everything the poster doesn't want (mag, barrel, stock).
>>
>>6158964
It's not like they aren't removable
>>
So what the fuck can I do about the bolt handle on the alphahawk? I want to be able to take it apart, to upgrade some bits later on or even just to fix it if something happens. Does the bolt get in the way of opening it up, and if so, is there anything I can do?
>>
>>6158942
I'm pretty sure everyone believed your story without it though.
>>
>>6158942
It's okay anon. Don't listen to >>6160738 I never believed in you in the ffirst place.
>>
Watch Adam Savage ruin a Longstrike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwOXSXkW-uE
>>
>>6161904
>take blaster in N-Strike Blue color scheme
>turn in into N-Strike Yellow color scheme

What a waste. Also,first half of the video is too long. Just basic take down and base coats. But second half is much better with all the detailing work demonstrated.
>>
>>6137708
BRO MORE BARREL = 1000 METER SHOTS
>>
File: 20170203_231409.jpg (4MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_231409.jpg
4MB, 2880x2160px
>family comes in to return rival
>"It's stupid because it shoots two balls at once"
>they return it
>ask manager if I can buy it
>sure anon, 90% off
Great. Now I have a stupid Rival gun that shoots two balls at once.
>>
File: Barrelstrike 001.jpg (739KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Barrelstrike 001.jpg
739KB, 2304x1728px
The Barrelstrike's the perfect length to make the Rayven feel comfy.
>>
File: rip.jpg (140KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
140KB, 1500x1500px
>family returns Nerf Stormtrooper blaster just to get refund
>ask manager if I can buy it
>no anon, stop buying Nerf Guns
>he throws it in the trash compactor
O-Oh.
>>
>>6165785
Rip
>>
>>6165785
You just missed the one chance to get a white Nerf clip.
>>
>>6165785
>No don't make more money for the store
what to the fuck
>>
>>6165785
Where the fuck do you work that throws away returns?
>>
>>6165526
>Can't use the big fucking meme grenade launcher from the modulous on the Rayven
>>
>>6165785
>no anon, stop buying Nerf Guns
If I had a dart fro every time someone told me that...
>>
>>6166142
I thought you could.
Why's that?
>>
>>6167869
No stock attachment point.
>>
>>6166046
>>6166140
>>6166141
>>6166226
>>6165796
>missed the one chance to get a white Nerf clip
It turns out that he only threw the main gun into the compactor, so today I bought the white clip, along with a returned Recon MK-2 and a Slingfire for $3 total.
>>
File: 20170206_015930.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_015930.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>>6168126
Forgot pic.
>>
Somebody help I have been binge-purchasing Nerf guns. Recently picked up a Rotofury, Alphahawk, ECS-10, Disruptor, Doublebreach... just ordered a Photon and I'm about to place another order on a 55 dollar Pyragon.

Am I doing good so far?
>>
>>6168537
No Stryfe? It's like you dont even want to masterrace.
>>
File: 1459743867776.png (29KB, 201x226px) Image search: [Google]
1459743867776.png
29KB, 201x226px
>>6168537
Discover thrifting and you can support your destructive habits on the cheap. Then it's like gambling cause you never know what you're gonna get.
>>
>>6168935
Thrifting? Shit man, I'm in thrift stores all the time around here. City is old-white-person-suburbia as hell, which is nice, but it means no kids and no toys.

>>6168924
Doesn't the ECS-10 have the same internals/performance as the Stryfe?
>>
>>6165785
I want a trooper gun. D;
>>
>>6169185
Don't worry, they were shit. Besides, using a folding stock as a pump grip is retarded as fuck.
>>
Got a 25 dollar Amazon gift card, what should I get?
>>
>>6170022
Does a Sledgefire cost that much? Get a Sledgefire, they're fun as fuck. Otherwise, a Photon goes for around that price and is all-around cool
>>
>>6170030
Fuck yeah i love my sledge fire
>>
>>6169205
>literally a shorter Rampage
What's not to like?
>>
>>6170022
That's a dumb question if we don't know what you have. Assuming nothing, Stryfe
>>
>>6170030
What's a Photon?
>>
>>6170250
>>literally a shorter range Rampage
Fixed
>>
File: 74323AC850569047F5D3D6FC7190BE4A.jpg (152KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
74323AC850569047F5D3D6FC7190BE4A.jpg
152KB, 2000x2000px
How is the alphahawk? I held one the other day and it's damn comfy, but I feel $30 is way too much for it.
>>
>>6171073
Unless you REALLY like the way it looks just buy the darts and a hammershot or some shit.
>>
File: 47C51F4750569047F5B3C6DD8E03F3F4.jpg (197KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
47C51F4750569047F5B3C6DD8E03F3F4.jpg
197KB, 2000x2000px
>>6170896
They're just Retaloids all the way down. Retaloids and Tek 6 spring recipients. They shouldn't be all too different.
In fact, the shorter barrel means less stuff for the dart to bump into, so if anything, the Stormtrooper blaster has the advantage.
>>
>>6171177
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the hammershot's pullback hammer.
>>
>>6171225
I was referencing the fact that they performed much worse out of the box than Elite blasters.
>>
>>6171073
They need to do something for the entire line to justify their existence
Otherwise they're only reason for being on the market is the dart
Smoother, crisper triggers; better, more powerful cylinders; precision release valves. The works.
>>
>>6171225
Does anyone remember the old blue storm trooper blasters?
The early ones from a couple years back?
I remember taking one apart and fucking it up horribly in the process.
Kinda want another.
>>
>>6171597
That reminds me

I REALLY wanna see coop buy up some of the really old blasters on Ebay and do indepth videos on them
Fuck that'd be cool
>>
>>6171177
I am waiting for clearance, love the accustrike aesthetic.
>>
File: photon!.png (229KB, 720x476px) Image search: [Google]
photon!.png
229KB, 720x476px
>>6170647
Er, Proton. That dinky little Vortex pistol, My mind keeps reverting to Photon because it sounds much more appropriate.

Much love for the Vortex series here at all? I don't have any myself, but they seem to have some pretty big advantages- enormous magazines that don't have an equally huge profile, greater accuracy and range than standard darts, all you're sacrificing is a bit of speed.
>>
>>6129072
God I wish they'd bring this back. Fucking love how that thing looks.
>>
>>6171073
Do accustrike darts work with elite guns? Or am I gonna run into the phasing out of my elite guns in favor of accustrike versions and start the cycle all over again?
>>
>>6172024
Wholely backwards compatible.
>>
>>6171657
I like the Vortex line, but that Proton would rank among the bottom 3 for me. Range and accuracy was on par with darts at the time, but Elite blaster today have more range.
>>
Im going to Walmart in a few hours to get one to paint, whats a good current issue Nerf gun that mods well for under $50?
>>
>>6171594
The only thing they have going for them is rubberized grips, but it's the kind of rubber that feels like it'll deteriorate after a couple years.
>>
maybe a dumb question, but does any third party company make mega compatible darts in different colors?
>>
Has anyone successfully changed the grip of a nerf gun? I've got this pistol I like, but the grip leaves much to be desired. I'm trying to figure out how I could go about removing (cutting off) the current grip and replacing it with a new on that I would make myself.
>>
>>6172108
Nice.

Can Accustrike guns use the Elite Darts?
>>
>>6173913
Yep.
>>
>>6141076
>>6129066
yeah, but the modders have moved on.
newer elite darts didn't feed very well.the new flywheel nerfs. the elite AT is pretty good too.
>>
>>6173902
easy way:
Find another nerf gun you like thr grip of, grab your dremel and a cutting wheel, cut it off at a right angle, do the same to the grip you dont like, swap and epoxy

Harder but better:
Grab a block of wood
carve it to taste
Find a way to mount it
>>
>>6174287
It's the "Find a way to mount it" part that I'm having trouble with. I'd like for the gun to still be able to disassemble. With the clamshell design these guns have though, cutting off the old grip doesn't give me much of anything to attatch the new one to. Another issue is durability. I need to figure out a way to attach the grip securely enough to withstand priming the plunger without tearing the gun away from the grip.
>>
>>6173922
It's just that the Longshot has mostly been figured out already. Nothing beats a Sealed breech Longshot when it comes it to fps, not until hpa, singled titans, or multistage Flywheel systems.
>>6129071
>>6141076
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vO0lDWbd7I
Here's Drac with a 50 pound aftermarket reshell; it's still a Longshot inside. With the way the darts were swerving, it's obvious he hasn't optimized the barrel length yet.
>>
>>6173777
Buzzbee / Air Warriors have their own line of "MEGA" compatible blasters that come with their own darts. They may even sell them in refill packs.

>>6173902
>>6174380
I just use polymer clay to form a custom fit grip, usually because Nerf guns are made for kids and I have MANLY hands, so bulky out the grip is all I need. I also mold them such that they are completely removable. Currently working on my Modulus grip because Nerf decided that sharp edges are totally awesome to wrap your hands around.

>>6173913
The darts are completely interchangeable. There's nothing special about the blasters.
>>
File: 1453343228954.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1453343228954.png
28KB, 186x208px
>>6168129
>>6165785
So is it literally a trash compactor or just a sly reference to New Hope?
>>
>>6173777
>>6174995
The definitely do
>https://www.amazon.com/Air-Warriors-Distance-Refill-Suction/dp/B01B9PWCU0
My Wal-Mart had them on clearance for a dollar each a while back. Sadly there was only two. These darts are a lot better since they don't have the hole in them. Not sure if they feed through a Mastodon well, though, since the heads won't squish that way.
>>
>>6175377
I was working register, so I can't confirm it, but he claims to have thrown it in the compactor we keep in the back.
>>
File: 20170210_215348.jpg (4MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170210_215348.jpg
4MB, 2880x2160px
OK, so either my manager was just fucking with me, or there was another returned Stormtrooper blaster in the returns bin, but either way it was missing the external snap on piece thing.

Where can I get a replacement without buying a whole new gun?
>>
>>6176858
You're fucked. Probably the only legitimate return you've had. Best bet: large elastic band to hold the mag in place.
>>
File: Akarimasen.png (130KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Akarimasen.png
130KB, 256x256px
>>6176858
>>6176911
I'm 99% sure that's the same bit off the Raider/Rampage. It's removable. If you're lucky you could thrift one and part it out.
>>
File: jojo.jpg (147KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
147KB, 600x840px
Pyragon arrived- it's massive overkill, definitely recommend to anybody who just needs to pelt something or someone with foam. On-brand Vortex discs are vastly better than the cheap Chinkshit I got with my Photon, so here's a question- does anybody sell on-brand Vortex discs for cheap, or alternatively, do any third-parties do them as well as Hasbro? Having only forty is kinda bugging me, because losing even one means I can't fully load the Pyragon.
>>
>>6177699
When the Vortex line was getting phased out, I bought large quantities of refill packs for a few dollars, so I probably have a couple hundred. Dunno about now. I'd probably try ebay, or maybe amazon.
>>
>>6176911
>>6176921
Fuck. A Rampage got returned today and it's literally missing the part I needed
>>
File: latest.jpg (266KB, 1500x1381px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
266KB, 1500x1381px
Added an old tek 10 spring or something to a bigshock after removing the ar and rebarreling. If the blaster still catches when primed the catch won't just randomly fuck up on me will it?
>>
>>6177952
If it helps, I think the Double Dealer has it the same plastic bit. And there'd be two of them!
Otherwise, eBay or leddit /r/nerfexchange.
>>
>>6178078
It might. It's almost all plastic internals except for the springs, so you have to use your judgement whether the catch mechanism could fail based on seeing how it's designed. Most usually recommend a stronger catch spring and count on the plastic catch not deforming.

>>6178094
I wouldn't bother too much. Even if he got the Stormtrooper rifle in working order, it's still about 15% weaker than standard elite blasters unless he upgrades.
>>
>>6175384
I don't have experience with other blasters, but these are absolute shit in my Bioshock. A third of them couldn't even fire until I wrapped duct tape around the bottom, and the others had much less range. Nerf megas are just made of much better foam
>>
>>6129184
Longstrike disagrees
>>
File: DSCN8393.jpg (313KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8393.jpg
313KB, 1200x900px
I received a First Order Stormtrooper blaster for Christmas. Hadn't had anything Nerf since high school, so I was very impressed with how cool and fun it was. Got me really interested in Nerf again, and I started looking into what was available.

Had a bunch of Kmart store rewards and coupons that were expiring this weekend (been like a year since I shopped there), so I ended up using them to grab a Hammershot, Slingfire, and a pack of 30 darts for $25. Not the best deal I'm sure (>>6168126 $3 for all that!!), but I'm really happy with what I got. These guns are so much fun to play with, not to mention being way more powerful than the Stormtrooper blaster.

I'm particularly impressed with the Hammershot! I know Elite darts are pretty inaccurate (bought the dart pack to reach a dollar amount needed to apply a coupon), but the Hammershot is pretty darn consistent with its groupings. And of course the whole cylinder and hammer mechanism is just so cool (though spinning the Slingfire around my finger to work the lever is too fun, haha).

Kmart just sent me another $10 off $20 coupon, and I'm thinking of using it to pick up a Sledgefire, which would put it at about $15 after the coupon.
>>
>>6124176
I want to make this.
What parts is it using?
>>
File: CARTWHEEL.png (47KB, 942x528px) Image search: [Google]
CARTWHEEL.png
47KB, 942x528px
Tartget Cartwheel offer has the Brainsaw, Double Dealer and Atlas for 50% off in-store.
>>
>>6179322
It's a good time for NERF right now. I just got dragged back in myself because one of my friends got interested. While I was educating them (with the old N-Strike-era knowledge rattling around in my brain), I started realizing NERF had gotten good again, and it was all over. I started buying guns again and my apartment is filling up fast. Good to see you here Aceranon!
>>
>>6179393
Swarmfire internals on a Raider trigger.
>>
File: Nerf_IL3-1.jpg (153KB, 2064x1548px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf_IL3-1.jpg
153KB, 2064x1548px
What's the go-to springer sidearm nowadays? Disruptor? Hammershot?
>>
>>6180123
They're both good. Hammershot let's you play one-handed.

On a side note, it always bothers me when Nerf designs the magazine well so far in front of the grip. Looks weird, like the Centurion.
>>
>>6180123
>Flywheel with selector switch, plenty of atatchements and decent magazines. Also a blaster that looks great.

Maybe my new favorite blaster, i'm hyped as fuck
>>
>>6180488

>zero moddability

It bothers me that /toy/ is so goddamned plebeian with Nerf. I would expect the best of the best to be coming out these threads, even Gunpla has it's moments.
>>
File: $_32.jpg (35KB, 787x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
35KB, 787x300px
>>6180123
Basically the Strongarm vs. Hammershot argument again.

Hammershot has one handed firing and pretty good ergonomics.
Strongarm has greater modding potential and slam fire.

>>6180128
Worse than Hitler
Pic related.
>>
Whats the smallest motorized gun they have?
>>
>tfw hammershot is too small to fit comfortably in my hand
Good thing I have a Disruptor.
>>
>>6180899
Stryfe
>>
>>6180877
What are you talking about? There's usually always some aspect of a blaster that can get modded. With flywheel masterrace, it's usually battery replacement, wire replacement, motor replacement.
>>
>>6180899
>>6181320
Or the Rapidstrike if you're willing to do the chop mod.
>>
>>6181411
With the way the jam door is and how the cycle control works, it provably has the same conveyor belt pusher as the Hyperfire.
>>
>>6180877
If you lack the skill and imagination to mod that doesn't mean others in this thread don't. Take your quasi-elitist bullshit elsewhere.
>>
File: pTRU1-21371828enh-z6.jpg (89KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-21371828enh-z6.jpg
89KB, 1000x1000px
So I recently found out one of those boomco halo pistols with a spring upgrade are scary powerful.
>>
>>6181995
>geen
>not red
>>
>>6182350
I got [spoiler]both[/spoiler]
>>
>>6182365
>not getting two of the same color
>>
>>6182366
I tried painting the first one and fucked up horribly. So I took its spring and tossed it. put it in a green one and am quite impressed with the performance. apparently it can handle 3 AND a k26.
>>
>>6182367
I don't know how to mod lol, I just think dart guns are cool. Sucks about the paint job though.
>>
>>6182369
>unscrew all screws
>open blaster
>remove spring
>put second spring inside
>put back together
ezpz
>>
>>6182384
Where do I get the second spring?
>>
Im sanding down a Raider to paint, how bad is Nerf dust for you?
>>
>>6182419
You might as well stand next to the elephant's foot.
>>
>>6182387
A second m6 or the farshot. You could also use a k26
>>
Is the Cycloneshock worth getting? I do love the look and handcannon nerf blasters are always fun, but between a Hammershot, Disruptor, Vigilon, and Proton, I'm pretty well-set for sidearms.
>>
>>6183597
Its pretty fun.
>>
>>6181995
yeah, the Boomco stuff tends to have some great mod potential. Heck for the guns that use the clips, just a simple mod on the clips alone is enough to increase fps by around 10-15 IIRC. pretty great improvement for a mod you can essentially apply to any new gun in seconds by just giving it the improved clip.
>>
>>6158715
Well, seeing as LJN got a few kids shot by the Police...
>>
So I just grabbed the XVI-1200 through Cartwheel. How badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>6179892
Thanks for the warm welcome, anon!

Yeah, it seriously blew my mind how far Nerf has come compared to when I was a kid! Interchangeable magazines, rail systems, and how much faster the stuff shoots, all just very cool.

Decided not to get the Sledgefire, so I'm now looking at getting either the Rough Cut or an Apollo. Would only cost me about 10 bucks each; leaning towards the Rough Cut since it uses elite darts, but the Apollo looks like a fun gun too!

>>6184360
I've watched a couple reviews of the Atlas and it seems like a pretty rad gun to me, very good performance, so I don't think you fucked up at all!
>>
>>6184360
>>6184651
The Atlas is good. A little too good. It shoots 2 balls at a time cuz muh shotgun, but it's too accurate. So if you miss with the first ball, you'll probably miss with the second as well. But it's still a good blaster.

I like the Roughcut myself. Very shotgunny, but you can still shoot one at a time with a little practice and control.

Gonna go see if I can score a Brainsaw for $10 right now...
>>
File: nerfjudge-625x352.jpg (33KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
nerfjudge-625x352.jpg
33KB, 625x352px
Say hello to the judge.
>>
>>6184917
Its a shame its so oversized.
>>
>>6184917
>The Rotofury with the 3D printed Elite 3 shot barrel is a shitty Judge
>>
>>6184917
Reminds me of a propeller plane engine.
I like it.
>>
>>6184923
Maybe for a manlet.
>>
>>6185178
How so? Its not that good as a primary and too big for a secondary.
>>
File: nerf gun.jpg (1022KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
nerf gun.jpg
1022KB, 2448x3264px
Oh goodness this is just getting ridiculous.
>>
File: AkariShake2.gif (148KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
AkariShake2.gif
148KB, 340x340px
Convince me to drop the 32 quid on the Double Breach.

i want it, but I *need* to justify it
>>
File: Nerf-Mega-Twinshock-1.jpg (120KB, 1087x725px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf-Mega-Twinshock-1.jpg
120KB, 1087x725px
>>6185712
Sorry, can't be done. It's horrible for the price.

THIS thing, OTOH...
>>
>>6185712
It really is a terrible blaster, and there's no way to justify getting it, other than the fun factor... and there's not too much of that, honestly. The mechanical action of the blaster is interesting, but the whole thing feels too lightweight and there's no real oomph to the moving parts. It feels very cheap.

[spoiler]I still have one.[/spoiler]
>>
File: Wild Geese?.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wild Geese?.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>mfw I am now up to 6 thrifted hammershots
>>
File: 233232423432.jpg (135KB, 900x797px) Image search: [Google]
233232423432.jpg
135KB, 900x797px
Is there any good Nerf-Artwork?
>>
File: Reflex_II.jpg (49KB, 222x197px) Image search: [Google]
Reflex_II.jpg
49KB, 222x197px
How should i paint it?
>>
>>6187341
with a brush
>>
I might be able to grab a Rhinofire for $10 or less today. Wish me luck.
>>
>>6187341
by hydro-dipping
>>
File: atlas.png (226KB, 740x350px) Image search: [Google]
atlas.png
226KB, 740x350px
>>6185712
Get an Atlas if you -need- a retail shotgun.
Or just make an absolver for an air-powered blaster.

Double Breach is pure garbo. About $25 usd for an oversized two shot mega dart blaster with an over complicated reload system is a waste. Not to mention mega darts are lame.

A Buzz Bee wizard is essentially the same thing as a pistol.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (283KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
283KB, 3000x2250px
>>6188402
Correction, I mean Buzz Bee Max Baron.
>>
Can I use speaker wire for rewiring a Nerf blaster?
>>
All my life I had zero interest in any nerf guns anything, I just had no interest in toy guns, was always more of a transformers and hot wheels kinda guy, then I saw Adam Savage's one day build of repainting a longstrike, and then I found Coop772, and neighbore kids left a strongarm on my yard before they moved out a few months ago, (Imagine my glee in learning it's pretty good in the pistol class) and now I discover there used to be pro tournaments and such, but nothing on youtube is recent...

So I ask you, where can I find recent tournament videos, or meet up forums?

Are tournaments still a thing?

Or tournament videos that aren't meme spouting little kids who have no tactics?
>>
Is putting two springs from the same model of gun into a single gun a good option for amateur upgrading?
>>
File: Modded Stryfe.jpg (173KB, 800x404px) Image search: [Google]
Modded Stryfe.jpg
173KB, 800x404px
>>6180123
I'd love that if the magazine wasn't so far forward.

Modulus Stryfe WHEN
>>
File: 20170217_193244.jpg (4MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_193244.jpg
4MB, 2880x2160px
>>6188018
Ya ToysRUs boy is back.

It's in complete working order and everything was still held down by the original tape and cardboard.
>>
>>6185712
The Double Breach would have been my dream gun if it had a pair of Magnus-styled internal magazines.

Or if they figured out how to make a decent break-action double barrel. The only ones I knew of were kind of cool (Elite Barrel Break and whatever that BuzzBee one with the shells was) but nowhere near as easy to load as I would want.
>>
>>6188855
Depends on how much amps you plan on putting thru the blaster.

>>6189190
If it works and doesn't break the gun, then sure.

>>6189197
How is the Stryfe not modulus enough?

>>6189225
Why do they sell it so cheaply?
>>
>>6189615
>why so cheap
What do you mean?
>>
>>6189618
TRU anon buys customer returns. That Rhino-fire was sold to him for $10.
>>
>>6189615
Stampede on a 9 KG. Auto Stryfe with 180s probably. 16 gauge oxygen free copper enough for most anything?
>>
File: Nerf Modulus Brainsaw.jpg (443KB, 3000x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf Modulus Brainsaw.jpg
443KB, 3000x1280px
IF you chopped of the grip and the rear sling mount, it's almost a perfect fit.
>>
Recently got into the hobby as of last week with a CS 18 Rapid strike. (Courtesy to the BST) I already modded the batteries for a higher amp. Grabbed a hammer shot as a secondary. Gonna remove the in barrel pegs on that later. So hey, this shit is pretty fun, I mean it sucks that there is no local community around me, but between me and some friends it's a blast.
>>
File: nerf recon mk2.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nerf recon mk2.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>6189615
>How is the Stryfe not modulus enough?
I just wanted one in white, maybe with the recon mk2 look.
>>
>>6191667
Hasbro completely dropped the ball when they made the XD orange follow the Demolisher rather than the Roughcut.
>>
>>6191667
>>6192711
I plan to fix that with white paint/dye.
>>
>>6191667
As popular as the Stryfe is it should be a no-brainer to do a modulus re-release since they seem to be disappearing.

Come to think of it, why do they do re-releases of the recon? The whole model fails to be a rifle because of the shit-tastic prime or a pistol because of how it's half brick on its mother's side.

I hate the recon so much.
>>
>>6196085
Amen, brother. Top-priming primaries are pleb tier.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (279KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
279KB, 1280x720px
>>6196085
It's a popular platform for springer modders.
>>
>>6196236
But modders still generally make it pump action. Honestly Id be happy to pay more for a decent mag-fed pump action springer, but nerf just won't do it. Nothing good since the EAT
>>
>>6196218
Just noticed the front attachment on >>6180123 is inverted and takes tac-rails. May be a reason to use a top prime as an attachment.
>>
>>6196236
See >>6197669

Top prime is such garbo that the superior strongarm is considered universally vile compared to the Hammershot.

It's probably so popular because they are the cheapest mag fed blasters and have mod kits out the ass because of how old they are.
>>
>>6198040
Strongarm isnt well liked for mods because the Slam fire priming wings like to break on spring upgrades, sometimes even stock loads
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.