[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power Rangers Legacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 46

File: IMG_5422.jpg (3MB, 2825x3998px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5422.jpg
3MB, 2825x3998px
Is the Power Rangers Legacy Zord collection the most disappointing toy line of the 21st century?
Literally every release is inferior to the original. I sold all my originals to buy the Legacy versions and I am so angry with myself.
>>
The only one that is inferior is the original Megazord because it was haphazardly adapted from the 2010 line mold. Each additional release has improved greatly, with the Ninja Megazord you pictured being one of the best.
>>
File: zordcollection.jpg (228KB, 1239x647px) Image search: [Google]
zordcollection.jpg
228KB, 1239x647px
>>6122863
Yeah I bought one Legacy zord a while back and almost instantly sold it. Recently i've been buying the original zords that I had as a kid. They're just as good as I remember if not better. Pic related is my collection
>>
How were they dissappointing and why did you buy them without doing any prior research?
>>
>>6123107
What bugs me is that every single one of them has major QC issues and the fact that they are all smaller and less heroic looking than the originals.

I can't deny they are all very nice looking but quite shit as toys. They're all really high quality looking but totally fail when you go to play with them in any way. So many loose, floppy, unbalanced parts and that's not even mentioning the fact that these are all wasted opportunities to add extra articulation. But who am I kidding they can't even get these things to hold together properly
>>
File: legotransformers 057.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
legotransformers 057.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
>>6122870
>with the Ninja Megazord you pictured being one of the best.
And if you give him the Tigerzord's arms he the most poseable mainline Megazord ever.
>>
File: legotransformers 059.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
legotransformers 059.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
>>6123513
>>
>>6123151
This so much. They try to improve their looks but fuck up their functionality in the process.
>>
>>6123151
>every single one of them has major QC issue

What's wrong with White Tigerzord or Ninja Megazord?
>>
I think they're nice toys, but if you already have the originals that are in nice shape, I honestly don't see why you'd need to get the Legacy versions too. The Legacy versions only offer slight improvements, but you're still dealing with bricks with basic articulation at best; and for the prices they're asking, you may as well stick to the older toys.

Now if they bothered to actually give meaningful articulation to the figures (like the Soul of Chogokin Megazord), then I'd probably buy a few.
>>
>>6123534
White Tigerzord seems fine as far as I know, but the Ninja has bear rear legs that don't lock into place and the back connection with the Falconzord is garbage. Both things were perfectly fine in the original toy and they fucked up them on the Legacy for no reason.
>>
File: IMG_5434.jpg (1MB, 3024x2767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5434.jpg
1MB, 3024x2767px
>>6123515
Nice that actually looks dope

I did find a way to make the falcon connection sturdier using the claws. Once you have it just right, the falcon holds tightly and even holds the shoulders in place
>>
>>6123660
Meanwhile my 20 years old DX Ninja MegaFalconzord is solid as a rock without the need of using tricks like that. How can someone design those flimsy connectors and think they are acceptable?
>>
>>6123706
Hence the reason I created this thread. I'm so assblasted about selling my OG zords I could die

The new ones sure do look great tho. At least that's what I keep telling myself to be okay
>>
File: bandora.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
bandora.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>6123660
>Falconzord doesn't want to stay there unless he's groping Megazord's butt

What a perv.
>>
>still no 1:12 scale megazord
>>
This is the saddest thread I've ever seen
>>
>>6123917
You must be new, then.
>>
>>6123151
>I can't deny they are all very nice looking but quite shit as toys.

Hardly a surprise. They are aimed at the adults who want display pieces in their collection.
>>
When should we expect a Legacy Shogun Megazord? Also what's the possibility of Zeo stuff?
>>
>>6123927
>Hardly a surprise. They are aimed at the adults who want display pieces in their collection.

There are plenty of transforming robot toys for adults that aren't a floppy or unstable mess.

In fact, it's pretty retarded that 20 year old toys are better in that regard when they just had to copy the same engineering on the joints and connectors and just give them better paint and proportions. There's no excuse whatsoever.
>>
>>6123979
Their market is the average American collector who would leave it in the box or the most vanilla pose possible.
Sure it's shit they did a piss poor job at them but it's easy to see why. Larger profit margins.
>>
>>6123979
This. There's really not much else to say. I don't see how this can be refuted.

Anyone here have the Thunder Megazord and enjoy it? It's the last one I want that I don't have but there is no way in hell im paying $200 for it.
>>
>>6123999
Hence the reason that I have almost the entire collection at about 40% of msrp. I really hate Bandai lately
>>
The legacy releases aren't that bad, this thread is just being a little melodramatic.

Though I can say that they have gotten retarded expensive here in canada. $150+ for the Ninja Megazord and they never go on sale here like they do in the states.
>>
>>6124107
They barely go on sale here in the states, man. My TRUs haven't even gotten the Ninja Megazord yet because they're still sitting on Thunder Megazords sitting at $200 bucks.
>>
>>6124012
>Anyone here have the Thunder Megazord and enjoy it?

I have it. I'd be a lot happier if it didn't lean forward, but it was only $100 so whatever
>>
>>6124136
There's no way to fix that lean?
>>
>>6123548
Tigerzord is fine by himself, but in order to combine him with another Megazord you have to awkwardly yank the lower tiger legs out of their sockets. Like all of the combinations in the Legacy line, it's a shit design choice and feels like it was only added as an afterthought.

I'm so glad I didn't sell my originals after seeing what floppy pieces of junk the Thunder and Ninja Megazords are. I'm glad they exist for all you insecure fucks who get all bent out of shape buying anything that's not labeled as an "adult collectible," though.
>>
>>6124190
I guess I could buy a reissued version and swap the legs but I'm lazy
>>
>>6124191
>I'm glad they exist for all you insecure fucks who get all bent out of shape buying anything that's not labeled as an "adult collectible," though.

They make Legacy zords for children too?
>>
>>6124212
? Is the one at TRU now a reissue? They fixed the issue?
>>
>>6124190
you can call or e-mail bandai and get replacment parts sent
>>
>>6124221
Are you one of the ones who think the Legacy label means something aside from slightly (very slightly) more complex engineering than the mainline toys and a bunch of diecast thrown in haphazardly to increase the perceived value?
>>
>>6124250
What else would the Legacy label imply?
>>
>>6124228
I thought the TRU version was always the reissue. Anyway, the updated version has little tabs on the legs that apparently somehow keep it up right
>>
>>6124230
Has anyone actually done this successfully? I don't trust Haim to give me something without exchanging some sheckels
>>
>>6124254
That you're easily suckered in by marketing claptrap?
>>
>>6124293
>That you're easily suckered in by marketing claptrap?
What marketing claptrap?

The legacy line isn't great but it fulfills its purpose. If the original toys didn't use that nasty gray plastic I would gladly collect those instead.
>>
>>6124328
Okay, that's a fair reason. Too many Power Rangers fans sperg out over the the Legacy branding thinking it's the end-all be-all of premium """adult""" collectibles when in reality it means poorly engineered robots that cost about 40% more than they should and sub-Mattel quality action figures, with a smattering of total junk like the communicator.
>>
File: Cna5OXVWAAAJeAe.jpg (15KB, 499x131px) Image search: [Google]
Cna5OXVWAAAJeAe.jpg
15KB, 499x131px
>>6124259
Yes, a number of people have
>>
>>6123513
what
the new releases of the zords can cross-generation mix-and-match? How many are out now, did we already go through the thunderzords?
I'm new
>>
>>6124418
Pretty much every American released megazord from 2010 onward can switch parts.
>>
>>6124418
They have those build-a-zord ports, so you can mix and match them. They have done the thunderzord but at an amazing price point of $200.

So far their hasn't been any news about releases past the Ninja Megazord, apart from a black Titanus and the red rangers sword.
>>
>>6124423
well
shit
does that include zords from current/ongoing shows?
can I make a megazord with dinozords from other shows?

this is a brand new world to me
>>
>>6124425
so, like, all the legacy zords can do this, am I right in thinking all the dino charge/super charge zords also can? and can these two intermix?
>>
>>6124437
I think so, they also use the same ports.
>>
>>6124685
heck yes
are they going beyond the MMPR zords with the legacy series? because I would love to make a forever red megazord
>>
>>6124707
We don't know. It's likely after MMPR they'll do more of a best of deal than a chronological one. The guys that are more guaranteed to sell.

I hope they'll at least try to do a perfect Ohblocker/Super Zeo Zords.
>>
>>6124711
at least I know that the dinocharge and the MMPR zords are compatible.
I'm pretty new to the idea of collecting zords, but because I already collect a couple other things I want to keep it streamlined, so I've settled on only dino zords (and any required to form mostly dinosaur megazords), cat zords, zords that belonged to Tommy because there's a bit of an IRL factor between me and him. So, the idea that I can actually do something with these, often unrelated, bundles of robots on my own time with the build-a-zord thing is really cool, I'm glad I looked into this further.
Thanks all for helping me out.
>>
File: A1PYBTm.jpg (161KB, 585x806px) Image search: [Google]
A1PYBTm.jpg
161KB, 585x806px
>>6124427
Yes, the mainline stuff and legacy stuff is compatible with each other using the zordbuilder system.
>>
>>6125059
needs more dragon, figure out how to shoehorn thunder dragonzord in there
>>
So what's the point of expensive new toys if they didn't bother giving them good articulation?
>>
>>6125174
>this kills the collector
>>
File: CrA3KysWcAADPG3[1].jpg (115KB, 1199x807px) Image search: [Google]
CrA3KysWcAADPG3[1].jpg
115KB, 1199x807px
What kind of idiot bought Legacy Megazords? People with patience now have the Soul of Chogokin Megazord to look forward to. Delicious die cast, articulation, and none of that god awful zord builder trash.
>>
>>6125432
Amen brother. I'm not even into Power Rangers anymore, but I had to pre-order it. I always liked the design and the SoC looks fantastic.
>>
>>6125432
>>6125441

Still bothers me that they aren't gonna paint in all the black vents on the front edge of the pterodactyl. So close to perfect.
>>
>>6125432
Looks like it's going to have some really limited ankle articulation
>>
>>6125442
On the other hand they painted silver the top part of the mastodon's trunk when it should be dark gray like the rest of its face. Weird.
>>
File: Daizyujin.jpg (207KB, 1201x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Daizyujin.jpg
207KB, 1201x1500px
>>6125615

Given the design I think this is good enough.
>>
>>6125615
At least it will have ankle articulation.
>>
>>6122889
Can you still combine the green rangers' zord with the other one and put it on the brontasorus one?
>>
File: IMG_20170113_143512_208.jpg (1MB, 1836x2174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170113_143512_208.jpg
1MB, 1836x2174px
Alpha 5 looks like some fucked up Ultraman
>>
>>6125616
>On the other hand they painted silver the top part of the mastodon's trunk when it should be dark gray like the rest of its face. Weird.
>weird

It's show accurate. Bandai of Japan doesn't give a shit about American toy colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMItA-G8ej4
>>
>>6123548
>but the Ninja has bear rear legs that don't lock into place and the back connection with the Falconzord is garbage.

The problems with the bear are highly over exaggerated. They hold in place just fine it's just that when you move the arms they can come undone unless you push inwards.

As for the Falcon it can stay on fine if you're just displaying it. If your putting it on the Ninja Megazord and playing with it like a child than yeah that shits gonna fall off super easy.
>>
>>6125701
>KILL ME
>>
>>6125744
I've seen reviews of the thing and there's no excuse to those floppy parts. It just looks marginally better than the old DX toy but manages to fuck up things that locked and attached securely back then.

I guess the only people who thinks the Legacy releases are acceptable never owned the originals to compare.
>>
>>6125736
Dude, look again, the silver doesn't reach all the way to the rectangle between its eyes. I'm watching Zyuranger right now so I'm pretty damn sure about it.
>>
>>6125663
Yep. The Ultrazord I believe
>>
>>6125432
It's a shame how they went for a more updated toy look instead of trying to make it suit accurate.
>>
>>6122863
I honestly like the Legacy Ninja Zords and Dragonzord. But the original MMPR set is still my favorite.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-27-15-42-19.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-27-15-42-19.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>6125087
Not possible, the Red Dragon doesn't have any zordbuilder ports. It combines the same way as the original. Only Blue and Yellow's Thunderzords are really zordbuilder friendly (via a flip up port when combining with anything other than Red). Black has zordbuilder ports for connecting to form Mega Tigerzord, but you can't really use them to make arms.

As someone who loves the zordbuilder gimmick I feel as if Bandai doesn't put as much thought into it as they should. It disappoints me that the Lion Thunderzord can't be used as normal arms, surely there was a way. Also woulda been neat if the Firebird had a port on the bottom, which would allow it to form wings on Megazords with a back peg, like Ninja Steel Megazord.
>>
>>6125800

In that picture it's four silver segments going just up to the rectangular detail on its forehead, just like on the Chogokin.
>>
File: IMG_5934.jpg (15KB, 250x169px)
IMG_5934.jpg
15KB, 250x169px
>>6125904
Lol, Greg-a-Zord
>>
File: IMG_0617_zps3c370733.jpg (93KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617_zps3c370733.jpg
93KB, 1024x682px
>>6125843
I have zero interest in it for this reason. I'll wait for the inevitable Legacy V2 which offers more suitlike proportions. That's one thing I'll give Bandai America credit for, despite all their problems the zords at least look much more accurate to what was seen in the show.
>>
File: mastodon.png (1MB, 1270x845px) Image search: [Google]
mastodon.png
1MB, 1270x845px
>>6125971
>In that picture it's four silver segments going just up to the rectangular detail on its forehead, just like on the Chogokin.

Holy shit, dude. If you still don't get it after looking at this pic I give up.
I don't really care that much about this minor nitpick, but seems weird that Bandai overlooked this.
>>
>>6126108

Oh shit yeah I see now, even the IMAGINEXT is more accurate fuck.
>>
>>6126108
I'm thinking that shit will get painted. The seam line is there. We'll see
>>
Should I wait for the, arguably, inevitable SOC Dragon Caesar or get the Legacy Dragonzord?
And how the fuck does the Legacy's hands work? I see them curved on some pictures and straight on others yet no reviewer mentions anything about it.
>>
File: DSC_0062_zpssxezmxbv.jpg (244KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0062_zpssxezmxbv.jpg
244KB, 1024x683px
>>6122863
>Literally every release is inferior to the original
I'd say the Thunder Megazord V2 is an improvement. The original 90's version was a flimsy mess that wasn't any fun to play with. I can't speak for the V1 Legacy, but the V2 seems more sturdy than the original toy, and it has added articulation at the head and wrists. I wish it didn't have die cast because I worry about the weight causing problems down the road, but after they addressed the lean issue the overall design is pretty decent.
>>
File: Legacy-Dragonzord-2.jpg (319KB, 892x752px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy-Dragonzord-2.jpg
319KB, 892x752px
>>6126229
>>
File: zyuranger facepalm.jpg (27KB, 475x444px) Image search: [Google]
zyuranger facepalm.jpg
27KB, 475x444px
>>6126318
>That fucking face in his mouth

Gets me every single time. It would look perfect if not for that. Why didn't they designed the Battle Mode face transformation in the same way as the old toy?
>>
File: IMG_5939.png (156KB, 391x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5939.png
156KB, 391x401px
>>6126326
Yo dawg! We heard you like eating so we put your face in your face so you can eat while you eat!
>>
>>6126326
>That's what rustles you about this playskool dinobot design
>>
>>6126411
Dragon Caesar's design is pure class, better than any b-grade Walmart transformer.
>>
>>6126326
The Legacy Red Ranger Helmet, are you able to wear it with glasses on?

Planning on using it has a base for a cosplay and need to know.
>>
>>6126326
It really burns my ass that the engineering for a proper mouth was achieved in 92, yet we get this shit on an adult collector's item.

I wish a third party would remedy this. The face can be removed via a screw on the bottom of the mouth, so that could be easily attached to a new, properly functioning mouth piece. I shouldn't have to remove the face and put down a piece of electrical tape for a non retarded looking Dragonzord.
>>
This thread is a pretty good example of why Power Rangers fans don't get anything nice.

You all see one con with a figure and decided to stamp your feet like children and stick with some decades old toys despite the massive improvements with the new figures.

>WAH THE S.H. FIGUARTS DON'T ALL INCLUDE A BLASTER! I WAS NEVER GONNA DISPLAY THEM WITH THEM AND I'M NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER WHO'D ACTUALLY TAKE PICS BUT I'M NOT GONNA BUY ANY OF THEM NOW!
>Wh-why isn't Bandai making more Figuarts?! This isn't fair!

>>6125790
I had the Ninja Megazord and I have the Legacy version and I can tell you that without a doubt that the Legacy version is better except for the bear's back legs. If that one con that's only a con when you move the arms around is a deal breaker for you I suggest a dose of kys because you'll never be happy with anything in life ever at this point.
>>
>>6126959
Yeah pretty much the whole whining baby shit gets out of hand.

I still love what they're doing and the people that work there are phenomenal. They usually listen to fan outcry and fix things.
>>
>>6126959
PR fans being entitled man babies is nothing new.
People were bitching about not buying the Figuarts unless they came in PR packaging at one point.
>>
File: Get Out.gif (833KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Get Out.gif
833KB, 200x150px
>>6126961
>People were bitching about not buying the Figuarts unless they came in PR packaging at one point.

And this is why Power Rangers fans don't deserve nice things.

I'm sure there'll be autistic screeching when the SOC doesn't have Power Rangers packaging.
>>
>>6125701
It's to make them look "Alien".

And by that they of course mean Gigerformers.
>>
>>6126229
Was wondering this myself. Im happy with the legacy one but the SOC may be better
>>
>>6127011
It will though. Golion has a usa exclusive Voltron sleeve on the box
>>
File: 1339706174331.gif (2MB, 286x218px)
1339706174331.gif
2MB, 286x218px
>>6127037
I like how whenever someone says a design from the movie is shit there is a choir of fanboys saying "B-B-B-BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE AN ALIEN DESIGN!" as if aliens are real and we've ever met them and know enough about how they look/how they design their technology.

"It's an alien!" doesn't mean it has to look like hot fucking garbage. Predator got this right, Alien got this right, Star Trek got this right, Star Wars got this right, and recently Guardians of the Galaxy got it right.

"It's an alien!" is not some kind of Exodia of arguments where you can just say it and win instantly.
>>
>>6127116
I'm sure Power Rangers fans will still find a way to justify to themselves to not buy it.

Any other fanbase that revolves around a show with a giant robot in it shit themselves over the idea of a Soul of Chogokin but Power Ranger fans would rather go buy literal baby toys instead.
>>
>>6125701
This is actually kind of sickening to look at. And I don't mean that in a "MUH CHILDHOOD" kinda way, I mean this literally makes me feel ill. That raw-meaty looking neck and body proportions in general are just disgusting. Was this supposed to be appealing? Charming?
>>
>>6126326
You know what makes it sadder?
Playmates just recently put out a Voltron set for the new show.
Each lion is articulated(though only ratchet hinges and swivel shoulder/hips)
Each lion collapses mostly into a show-accurate limb.
Each lion has its own weapons(outside of Black) with Red and Green being able to use theirs in Voltron form(Yellow and Blue sadly cannot contribute firepower).
Black can 'roar' as Voltron's face is separate the lower jaw(Though it comes into view if you pull too low on the jaw).
Each lion comes with a small pilot figure in its respective speeder/flier, each able to lock into the lion.
The combined form is wonderfully poseable, though with some caveats(The arm lions displace some of the chest when you raise them, the Voltron head can't look left or right but can look up for flight pose, they didn't make the arm lions able to collapse their heads further so long wrists).

And this is Playmates, who hasn't done a good set of toys since they imported Gridman.
>>
>>6126418
I wonder how it'll look in the movie. Maybe it'll look like megatron
>>
>>6126959

If you like those half-assed revamped 20 years old brick toys with marginally better looks but worse engineering that's fine, but to me thay fail in both toy and adult collectible categories. As toys the old ones are better and more solid, and as adult collector pieces they lack improved engineering and articulation.

And that's why I'm fine with my old toys and have the Soul of Chogokin Daizyujin on pre-order. The Legacy line is just kid toys trying to be something that they aren't and failing to deliver in both fun and quality.
>>
>>6127123
I feel it worked on Transformers. The designs are sort of "bionic" in that they are machines imitating living creatures with their own means.
Besides, the G1 designs don't work without taking a lot of liberties with the character models, which is a no-no for the autistic mindset of live action adaptations.
>>
>>6127184
It amazes me how Transformers toys have clearly evolved over the years yet whenever a new Megazord is created it has jack shit articulation.
>>
File: 1416980824123.jpg (456KB, 1280x886px) Image search: [Google]
1416980824123.jpg
456KB, 1280x886px
>>6127201
>but worse engineering that's fine

>Falcon has joints in the wings
>frog's mouth can open and has way more articulation in it's front and hind legs
>ankle tilt on a megazord
>the wolf's legs have actual articulation now
>the bear's front legs are also articulated
>the crane has better paint apps than the original american release and paint apps the japanese one didn't even have to make it more show accurate
>the red ape zord is hella articulated now and in arm mode can actually be articulated a bit
>things that were shit stickers that are guranteed to peel over time are now actual sculpted detail and painted

wew lad
>>
>>6127285
>red ape

When will this meme die?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (133KB, 749x999px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
133KB, 749x999px
So I just learned something today. I always thought these motorcycles that came out for the original 8 inch Power Rangers but were really for those 4inch chogokin ones in Japan. Does the figure it comes with diecast or plastic in the U.S. version?
>>
>>6127283
They still are intended for 3-year-olds and focus on their yearly gimmick. Even Transformers have taken several steps backwards after ROTF/HFTD/RTS due to being too complex and requiring cost cuts.

Plus they're already 6000-9000 yen for one combined figure.
>>
>>6127352
>They still are intended for 3-year-olds

/thread
>>
File: 1453984064516.jpg (264KB, 546x777px) Image search: [Google]
1453984064516.jpg
264KB, 546x777px
>>6126959
You couldn't be more wrong. PR fans don't complain nearly enough given Bandai's constant blunders. They are mostly accepting and apologetic of whatever shit Bandai haphazardly churns out. Even if they complain they still buy the stuff right out of the gate.

The legacy line is riddled with stupid fuck ups that should have been caught well before things went into production. It's infuriating because there are marked improvements over the originals in ways you probably never dreamed of, such as the Ninja Megazord being able to look up, yet then they go and botch basic shit like the Bear Zord's legs not properly locking into place. They need to properly test their shit and catch these problems in advance. There's no reason a $200 toy should need replacement parts to be able to stand up properly.
>>
File: 547467.png (497KB, 1008x1283px) Image search: [Google]
547467.png
497KB, 1008x1283px
>>6127285

Cool list, here's mine:

>Tyrannosaurus has unsightly pegs on its knees
>Pteranodon's back is now all grey plastic
>Triceratops tail cannons don't rotate
>Mastodon's trunk doesn't move
>Dragonzord has an obvious face in its mouth and the stupid amount of diecast on its lower legs makes the knees floppy
>Red Dragon Thunderzord is floppy as fuck thanks to the shitty new ball joints they added and the panel on its belly doesn't even attach to anything
>Thunder Megazord leans forward
>Ninja Megazord bear legs don't lock into place securely
>Falconzord attaches to the back of the Ninja Megazord via the shittiest of connections
>Even with some added joints in some cases, they are still bricks in combined mode

And the worst part is that you guys actually believe you're buying something that deserves that price point and the "adult collectors" label. Those are just old toys with better proportions/paint and some retarded engineeing choices that could have been easily avoided is they actually tested the things before mass producing them.

You guys should order pic related, maybe then you open your eyes and understand what one can truly expect from a collector piece in terms of quality and engineering. It's still unreleased, but being a new Soul of Chogokin I can already tell that it's going to blow any Legacy release out of the water.
>>
>>6127831
bandai america in a nutshell, tries to improve smth, and still somehow manage to fuck it even more.

Forever giving shit quality, bandai america.
>>
File: IMG_5451.jpg (2MB, 2696x3413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5451.jpg
2MB, 2696x3413px
>>6128120
Of course this SOC is going to be amazing. Insta buy for me.

In the meantime I guess I will suffer through the Legacy line.

Got pic related out the door tonight for $68 after price matching and some returns so I am feeing alright. He's a hardcore nostalgia trip for me but his articulation is agonizing.
To end on a positive note, I made sure the product stamp started with "97" and I'm happy to report that my set has none of the QC issues I saw in most reviews when it was new. Mine is for sure revised.
>>
>>6128421

Wait, is that hole on its abs normal?

Awesome Golion SoC, btw. Still waiting for mine to arrive.
>>
File: IMG_5442.jpg (1MB, 4096x2620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5442.jpg
1MB, 4096x2620px
>>6128426
The hole is there because I have his legs spread a bit.

Yeah Golion is amazing. I'm just as excited to get the megazord. They've been my two most anticipated purchases in ages. He made me miss my megazords I've been selling off recently so now I'm cracking out on the missing pieces of the Legacy line I need. As of tonight I'm only missing Titanus
>>
>>6128440
How long do SOCs stay in stock before they get discontinued? I'm in the middle of getting an apartment and I need to save up for the deposit.
>>
File: IMG_5364.jpg (1MB, 2864x2964px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5364.jpg
1MB, 2864x2964px
>>6128443
The person I bought mine from was telling me all kinds of scary stories about this guy getting grabbed up and also that he may not ever get a reissue.

Senpai, I'm actually getting kicked out of my apartment in two weeks. lol I'm in the worst spot of my life and I still bought that shit. That either says a lot about how much Voltron means to be or how batshit I am
>>
File: utoKlWH.jpg (131KB, 702x580px)
utoKlWH.jpg
131KB, 702x580px
>>6128296
The problem is Bandai America puts all their efforts into the aesthetics, while functionality seems to be an afterthought. And I'll give it to them, the sculpting and paint work is top tier, but what good is a nice looking toy that can't hold together?

We've seen three sets of Zords now suffer from poor engineering and unnecessary die-cast. When will Bandai learn their lesson and get their shit together? It wouldn't even take much for them to have been perfect. For example the Dinozord system...

>Make Dragonzord all plastic since the Megazord needs to wear it
>Give Dragonzord extra ratchets in the knees so they can lock into place for it's transformations
>Make the Titanus parts that connect to the Megazord plastic to keep added weight to a minimum

Problems solved! The weight to the Megazord won't be too much for the knees to handle, and the combination of less weight plus locking knees will keep the Dragonzord feet from flopping out.
>>
File: qrex13.png (1MB, 460x640px) Image search: [Google]
qrex13.png
1MB, 460x640px
>>6125087
More dragon coming up!
>>
>>6127333
They're plastic. Lots of sentai vehicles came packaged with similar figures (pic related), just not the ones from Zyuranger. They're a bit more poseable than chogokins and actually pretty nice for the time.
>>
>>6128673
hey that's not more dragon that's just one dragon with more dinosaur!
that said, that's really cool, the idea of a pair of the stronger mostly-solo zords coming together is really cool. As much hate as they seem to be getting from this thread, I think I'll be aiming to collect mostly legacy and zord-builder compatible toys, since looks has never been an issue with me and zord toys.
>>
>>6128798
thats my favorite team right there. Shame they dont seem to have enough popularity to get anything new.
>>
>>6125701
You know what strikes me as odd
These figures have decent POA
>>
File: IMG_3650.jpg (571KB, 2176x2176px)
IMG_3650.jpg
571KB, 2176x2176px
The figures are ass but the zords are alright as display pieces.
>>
File: IMG_5453.jpg (2MB, 3008x3418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5453.jpg
2MB, 3008x3418px
My mom was a G about getting me the original megazords. She must have thought PR was cool because she always tried harder to get me zords than anything else. My mom called Family Toy Warehouse every day for two months to get me the original megazord.

With that said, she drew the line on the Thunderzord assault team, as she perceived it as a poor value, so I never had it. Only the dragon.

20 years of wanting this guy was worth the wait he's pretty sick. Once againnnnn I just wish he had better articulation. It could have been done so easily....
>>
File: IMG_5461.jpg (713KB, 2046x1908px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5461.jpg
713KB, 2046x1908px
>>
File: IMG_3533.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3533.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What's the best shadow ranger figure ? Also pic not related
>>
File: IMG_5463.jpg (2MB, 3024x3583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5463.jpg
2MB, 3024x3583px
Reminder that these toys are for ballers only
>>
>2010 Megazord comes out
>$20-$25 price range
>later version comes out, same thing with some diecast bits that only serve to flake paint
>super expensive

Fuck you, Bandai.
>>
>>6129376
>I just wish he had better articulation. It could have been done so easily....
Okay then tell me how? The design really doesn't allow for it.
>>
File: f1lr3YF.jpg (4MB, 4288x3216px)
f1lr3YF.jpg
4MB, 4288x3216px
>>6129816
I've always hated how big the Thunder Megazord is. I hoped the legacy release would scale him down to Tigerzord's size, but it still tovers over him.
>>
>>6128120
Has anyone ever questioned Bandai on why they've been making bricks for the past 20 years?
>>
>>6129933

Because they're mostly meant for very young children. Also they have to come at the same time as the show. Plus it's gimmicks and functionality over articulation.
>>
>>6129933

Shit has to pass a drop test and not separate into a million tiny pieces for kids to shove down their throat.

It's like you guys never take rules and regulations into account before you spout off your senseless bitching.
>>
>>6129933
Well the regular DX toys are for kids. Senator is aimed at an even younger audience than Power Rangers. As for the Legacy releases, they're meant to be recreations of those old kids toys, since it's possible the old DX molds are lost to history, which is why those old megazords have never been properly reissued. Starting around In Space, Bandai America actually did start reissuing older megazords( and now they reissue the Bandai America versions; the zordbuilder Samurai Megazord got a recent rerelease), but the oldest they went was kakiranger and ohranger/zeo.
>>
>>6129943
*sentai, not senator. Sorry, phoneposting a shit.
>>
>>6129938
>Shit has to pass a drop test and not separate into a million tiny pieces for kids to shove down their throat.

how do combiner wars pass? or legos that literally shoot tiny plastic dots?
>>
>>6129357
>the most functional Dragonzord has a visible face on its lower jaw
I want to die.
>>
>>6130542

If the Soul of Chogokin Megazord sells well there's a chance that they release a Dragonzord too in the future.
>>
>>6130592

I'm hoping. They did do Goldymarg but he's like a given. Dragonzord is arguably more popular (or memed) than the Megazord and has that "robot Godzilla" vibe Japan loves. Plus they are releasing their own premium Dragon Dagger.
>>
>>6130624
>own premium Dragon Dagger.
It's actually just the Legacy one with Sentai sounds and a stand. That's it.
>>
>>6129357
>The figures are ass but the zords are alright as display pieces.
that's literally the only reason I own any of them. I don't even really care about PR, but I always liked the robot designs from the first season or two.
I couldn't care less if they play well, and frankly I haven't had any real issue with their transformations. Only thing I'd legit bitch about is the sword not fitting in dino megazord's hand properly.

These toys were never very playable, they mostly just stand there, so having a good looking display piece is/was my main concern.
>>
Is the new japanese dragon dagger the same sculpt as the legacy one but with a fancy stand or something new?
>>
>>6131731
Same thing. With different sounds and pack ins.
Just like the premium dinobuckler
>>
>>6130977
>These toys were never very playable
Articulation =/= playability. The original Dinozord system was extremely playable because of all the combinations you could make, and they were all solidly connected. The Ninja and Shogun were solid as well, and offered many hours of play. The only zords of the MMPR era that weren't very playable were the Thunderzords. Fine on their, but the combos were so flimsy you might confuse them with a legacy release.
>>
>>6129918
It makes sense though. Tigerzord and Red Dragonzord are roughly the same size; when you armor up one or the other with the other 4 Thunderezords, you end up with this huge size difference that logically makes sense but the show didn't take into consideration, so Tigerzord and Thunder Megazord end up being the same size even though they shouldn't be.
>>
>>6132327
We see the Tigerzord and Thunder Megazord together a lot more than Tigerzord and Red Dragon, so those make more sense to be the same size. It would also keep the Thunder Megazord in line with other Megazords instead of sticking out like a sore thumb. The Legacy Thunderzords look too big on the Tigerzord as well compared to the show suit.
>>
It's weird to say, but the originals are the better toys to play with and the Legacy zords are the better display pieces.

I enjoy the slightly more stylistic looks of the Legacy zords and the sometimes improvement given to articulation (Dragonzord and Red Dragonzord's tails come to mind instantly), but yes more often than not they come out floppier than the originals and less fun to actually play with.

I still need to get the Tigerzord, Falconzord and Ninja Megazord though. I wonder if they'll give us updated versions of the Battle Borgs. Always wanted to get those, but too cheap to get the originals.
>>
>>6132897
This thread inspired me to get out my Legacy Zords (everything pre Ninja) for the first time in ages, and it reminded me why I let them sit on a shelf and collect dust. My biggest complaing is the die cast. I wish I could buy all plastic versions, or plastic replacement parts from a third party. The Dragonzord in particular would really benefit from it as they loaded him up with an obscene amount of die cast, and it turns the Mega Dragonzord/Ultrazord combos into a disaster waiting to happen.

Even in a much more stable combo like the Mega Tigerzord, the die cast will cause long term problems because those heavy ass Lion arms are putting unneeded wear on the Tigerzord arm Zordbuilder ports. You can see how the arms go a bit inward when the Lion pieces are attached. That's not good, and will almost certainly lead to loose arms in the future.
>>
File: IMG_20150127_163542.jpg (1MB, 3120x4208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150127_163542.jpg
1MB, 3120x4208px
I was pretty pleased with the first one.

I wanted to get the Tigerzord but never got around to it.
>>
>>6132943
Putting the tiger arms on the ninja megazord, like one anon showed off above, and made them loose as hell when put back on the tiger. The pegs are not exactly the same size. It's shit like this and what you mentioned that kills me
>>
>>6132787
>We see the Tigerzord and Thunder Megazord together a lot more than Tigerzord and Red Dragon, so those make more sense to be the same size.

Seems to me you're forgetting something here, if they made the Tigerzor the same size as the Thunder Megazord then the Mega Tigerzord would look like ass because the Assault Team would be ridiculously tiny compared to the Tigerzord.
>>
>>6133246
Did you miss the part where I said the Legacy Assault Team is too big on Legacy Tigerzord compared to the show suit? Scaling down the Thunder Megazord would only make the Mega Tigerzord look more show accurate.
>>
>>6133958

Not even close, they would be way too tiny for the Tigerzord if it is as big as the full Thunder Megazord, specially the leg Zords. There's way more size difference than what you seem to think.
>>
File: DSC00461.jpg (886KB, 3872x2176px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00461.jpg
886KB, 3872x2176px
>>6133115

My only issue with this mother fucker is the lack of elbows. Yeah, knees would be nice but elbows would go a long way. Its basically statue shit.
>>
>>6122863
If it's based on the movie why does it look like the one from the show?
I always wanted a movie accurate Ninja Megazord...does it come with the sword at least?
>>
>>6126229
>>6127113
Assuming it's exactly the same as the Black/Gold one, the hands swap out and are on a basic ball peg.
>>
File: IMG_1189.jpg (768KB, 1536x2732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1189.jpg
768KB, 1536x2732px
>>6126229

Two sets of hands that just slot into a peg
>>
>>6137512
Nope! The movie references on the package are misleading. If it came with a sword I'd be totally down for getting one, but as is I'm going to wait for it to go on sale like I did the Thunderzords.

I'm hoping someone makes a tongue attachment for the frog since its mouth actually opens.
>>
One of the Walmarts near me started carrying Legacy Morphers. Is this news, or am I late on this?
>>
File: 0.jpg (64KB, 588x600px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
64KB, 588x600px
Question, can you put the tail and chest on the side of the Megadragonzord formation (as shown in pic here), like you could for the Original? I haven't seen any pic doing so.
>>
>>6126229
I strnagly advice to wait for the SoC. Then again, I am one of those who was not satisfied by the Legacy Megazord ans skipped it (when I saw the saberteeth tiger had no working wheels, that the triceratops tail canon was not articulated and that the mammoth had to get its leg swapped to hide hollow parts, I looked at my original and considered I already had the better version).

I am glad I did. Can't wait for SoC.
>>
>>6123660
>>6123857
Bird of perv.
>>
>>6126286
>. I can't speak for the V1 Legacy, but the V2
Wait, there are 2 version of thhe Legacy Thunder Magazord? I thought here was only two legacy version for the original Megazord (2013 (who is a repaint of the 2010 anniversary) and 2015 (who fix most of the issues).

they also made two version for the Thunder Megazord?
>>
>>6127289
What, it's not an ape?
>>
>>6139918
The V1 had a leaning issue when put together. The V2 replaced the grey tabs on the legs with ones with extra nubs that killed the lean.
>>
Friends, I have broken down and will probably order a dragonzord soon. What is the best version of it to get?
>>
>>6140218
Did it come out in the same year?

>>6140220
In the Legacy, there is only one mold, though there is a special Gold and black version of the legacy mold. Depends of your taste.

If you want the best version of all available Dragonzord, I'd say, as a sole figure, the best one is the legacy one, but as a figure you want to combine with the Megazord, the original 93 version is best, if you have the 93 Megazord to combine it with too.
>>
>>6140246
Man, the legacy dragonzord seems to be sort of pricey. Do you recommend any stores, or is ebay the best option?
>>
>>6140302
Seeing that I live in Belgium, I can only recommend you Ebay or amazone.
>>
>>6140302
It's getting a rerelease of sorts, it's still up for preorder on BBTS.
>>
>>6140218
Do you happen to have side by side pictures showing V1 and V2? Or at least a picture of what the differences are in terms of the added nubs?

I got the thunderzords last black friday for so I assume they're V2, but I do notice a slight lean now that I really look at it.
>>
>>6139884
No, not for the Legacy.
The tail is like, twice as long and I don't think it would fit besides.
>>
>>6140745
Doesn't it have the connector for it anyway? Beside, that tail can bent.
>>
>>6140745
You can connect the chest piece if you turn it sideways, though the port is on the top instead of the bottom.

>>6141299
Unfortunately they're both pegs, so no way to connect the tail.
>>
File: 0.png (11KB, 250x250px)
0.png
11KB, 250x250px
>>6141322
sad
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.