[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Figuarts Sailor Moon figures the best you can get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 10303047b4.jpg (147KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10303047b4.jpg
147KB, 849x1200px
Are the Figuarts Sailor Moon figures the best you can get?
>>
>>6116462
Yeah I guess. They're pretty good. Paint jobs can be a little sloppy sometimes and joints can either be too loose or too stiff but overall they are fine for the price. Just make sure you get official ones and not the bootlegs that flooded the market almost immediately.
>>
>>6116462
I own Sailor Moon and whilst she isn't perfect, she's a fun toy. Articulation is great and the likeness is spot on, but the paint is a bit iffy in places.

As the guy above said, avoid the bootlegs like the plague. They are unspeakably awful.
>>
>>6116462
I have all of them except for Tuxedo Mask and the ComicCon exclusives (Sailor V, Imposter, Anime colors). I haven't bothered ordering the Crystal version, R Version, or Super Mercury. Kinda running out of room on my display, but would like to get Tuxedo Mask at some point.

They're sort of improving with every release. They're good, albeit fragile in a few ways. My first release Sailor Moon and Neptune both have their arms fall off at times and they're very irritating to put back together because the sleeve likes to just fall off the ball and try to get lost into oblivion. I really do not advise taking off their arms and using the "crossed arm" pieces that Uranus and Neptune come with.

Mercury and Mars had short necks, but I hear their rereleases have made them more proportionate.

Most of them come with a great amount of detailed accessories, but I'm bummed Chibimoon didn't come with Diana or Luna P. Black Lady came with the dark Luna P. Uranus came with an extra Moon face (heart eyes). First edition Moon came with a couple of extra faces, but it's up to you as to whether they'd be worth it or not, seeing as she has some problems.

All of them come with their own stands, which is pretty great.

For whatever reason, Pluto's hair is a hard plastic (I am guessing ABS) and doesn't give much freedom like Mars and Venus's hair do.

If you're considering them, get one and try it out. Super Sailor Moon, Chibimoon, and the inners have been going pretty cheaply lately.
>>
Are the Sailor Moon figuarts elbows supposed to twist? Not sure if I should force them.
>>
>>6116462
>no Galaxia

Great toyline... NOT
>>
>Get Black Lady
>Hair tails look suspiciously fragile, try not to ham hand her
>Have to ham hand her faceplates off
>Hair tail snaps anyway
>Didn't even get her faceplate off

What do? Thinking about buying one at Barnes and Nobles and return it the next day saying it was broken in package'.
>>
Has anybody else had a problem with the joints in the elbows and knees cracking? It happened on my Moon and Mercury figures. The limbs didn't fall off, but they are a little loose now.
>>
>>6117083
Figuarts arms twist at the shoulder and wrist, not the elbow.
>>
File: 1465886686042.jpg (94KB, 960x529px) Image search: [Google]
1465886686042.jpg
94KB, 960x529px
>>6117150
yeah, it happened to mine and sadly all my SM figuarts suffered from it.

I got Moon, Mercury and Super Moon. All of them have a crack on either their elbows or knees (this still happened despite that I rarely play with them, I just put them in one iconic pose and leave it), because of this I holding myself to take the rest of senshis.

I hope the Crystals ver. improve the quality of the plastics.
>>
>>6116462
Yes
>>
>>6117439
but then you will have terribly designed crystal versions
>>
>>6117684
Knowing Bandai, if the Crystal versions don't completely bomb, they'll probably go back and do 2.0 versions of the vanilla designs in the future. Either that, or Figure-rise kits or something. That reminds me, wasn't there some Chinese company doing 1/8 articulated Sailor Moon figures before Bandai started the SHF series? The sculpts on those things looked pretty great; I dunno how the final product turned out.
>>
>>6116932
>I really do not advise taking off their arms and using the "crossed arm" pieces that Uranus and Neptune come with.
Jesus, this! Don't ever fuck with Neptune's arms. It took me 45 minutes to take her regular arms off, and the alternate arms never fit in both at the same time, and her bow popped out of her chest in the process, and It doesn fit back in her chest now. These things are so fucking fragile.
But other than that I love them. I have Neptune, Uranus, Pluto and Super Moon.
>>
>>6117093
I really hope they release more villains.

>>6117109
This is going to sound dumb, but do you have fingernails? I just kinda gingerly take the head between the first three fingers of my left hand and gently pry the front hair part at the sides with the fingernails on my right (dominant) hand. Repeat process for the faceplate.

I usually move the tails in a direction (usually outward) where they don't interfere with prying off stuff.

>>6117150
I should probably check mine, but I've not noticed anything.
>>
>>6117684
>terribly designed crystal versions

I agree if you're talking about the first two seasons designs, but the third season was fantastic and wouldn't mind figuarts of those.
>>
>>6117727

Hong Kong company, and they're SHF sized.

They only released Sailormoon. Production quality wasn't too shabby, but they misprinted Luna's face on ALL of them, which turned people off. I think that killed the line.
>>
>>6117093

Galaxia is a cunt.
>>
How bad are the bootlegs? I'm considering getting a Sailor Moon fig for a conversion/kit-bash experiment and obviously would prefer not to willingly fuck up a decent/full price figure
>>
>>6121565
Fairly bad, man. Since none of the SM SHFs are expensive if you're wanting to customize just get the real thing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.