[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Dios

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8409.jpg (139KB, 750x750px)
IMG_8409.jpg
139KB, 750x750px
Can any diobuilders explain why EVERYTHING has to be an alley or brick wall? Protip: you can't
>>
Best guess is that bricks are an easy way to establish scale.

Still pretty lame though
>>
Fuck the ACBA

As far as toy photography goes I think every cliche and stupid thing about it comes from the ACBA and their uninspired mess.

Why are Attack on Titan characters in an alley? Why is every character framed straight on and just a few "feet" from the wall like they're in a play? Why are all the rooftops the size of a small room?

Why do you assholes perpetuate this garbage?
>>
>>6111853
>>6111873
You autists will literally complain about anything. Reminds me of the old meme where pictures of attractive girls were rated "2/10 would not bang" for outlandish but insignificant reasons.
>>
>>6111882
Hello D-Amazing!
>>
>>6111882
You are really reaching there my man
People can easily make Dioramas of anything, but choose the same boring shit
>>
>>6111920
But literally who fucking cares
It's just the background used for promo pics.
>>
>>6111882

I'm honestly inclined to agree with OP here-- although I don't take it anywhere near as personally. Also I think OP should "show us how its done."

To be fair I've only really been impressed with one or two dios. I personally don't do them because fuck putting in the work to build them. If I don't go outside I just make the DOF so shallow that you can't really tell there's a coffee table or sofa in the background.

I'll follow people on Instagram if they take decent or funny pics regardless of the background but personally I'd recommend to any budding toy photographers to shoot outdoors when they can and to actually learn photography. I think dio pics are mostly boring because you're not fooling anyone with the scale and its obvious that the photographer just learned enough to take a pic, but not an interesting pic as well as all the points OP made.

Hands down the best toy photographer I've ever seen is sgtbananas on Instagram. Pic related.
>>
>>6111930
Don't know why you think I took it personally.
>>
>>6111930
Waaaaaaah
But dmazing says (for real he actually thinks this). That taking pictures outside is cheating and looks bad
>>
>>6111933

I didn't say you took it personally, i meant OP took it personally as in why someone else's pictures matters to the point of starting a rant thread.

I agree with OP, but I'm not going to get my panties in a twist over it.
>>
You ever think some people from acba come here just to complain about one another...
>>
>>6111853
That's the only thing they're good at making?
>>
>>6111853
>diobuilders
lol jojo reference?
>>
>>6111972

I'd almost believe D Amazing is OP if it wasn't for the fact that that's he's guilty of the same shit too.
>>
>>6111981
How
>>
File: IMG_8429.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8429.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>6112487
Take your pick

It's the same repetitive shit all over his profile. He talks a big game for one of the blandest toy photographers out there.
>>
I kind of want to go on the adventure of making a bunch of alley dios but I don't have the space.
>>
>>6111955
He's not wrong about it looking bad. Oh cool, that blade of grass must be six feet tall. Damn that's a big leaf.>>6111967
>>
>>6113113
Whoops didn't mean to reply to that one at the end
>>
Fuck that burnt charcoal d amazing
>>
>>6111930
>Hands down the best toy photographer I've ever seen is sgtbananas on Instagram. Pic related.

toy photographer? You mean photo editor
>>
>>6113444

All photos go through some level of manipulation--- otherwise they look like a washed out mess.

Go through his posts and you start seeing how the practical effects work.
>>
>>6113113

Outdoor shots only look bad if you're bad at taking them.

You're supposed to hide the scale not let a leaf or blade of grass give it away
>>
>>6113718
Correct unless your taking a photo of something for the sake of it looking miniature.
>>
File: forcedperspective.jpg (161KB, 1596x574px) Image search: [Google]
forcedperspective.jpg
161KB, 1596x574px
>>6113113
Actually there's an easy trick to avoiding that, you gotta either be very picky about where you pose them or use forced perspective. Pic related is one way to do it, but I've gotten similar great looking results by using just about any slightly raised platform, like a garden wall or stone bench.
>>
File: viralscape-mini-star-wars-11.jpg (130KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
viralscape-mini-star-wars-11.jpg
130KB, 880x587px
>>6120088
Also pic related for the 'being picky on location' thing. Rock and moss are always a decent bet.
>>
>>6120088
>>6120092
these are nice
>>
what the fuck is acba
>>
>>6124812
Abra Cadabra Banging Ass
>>
>>6124812
From Boog's youtube channel.
>The term 'Articulated Comic Book Art' (abbreviated A.C.B.A) is a visual art form first recognized by a passionate group of the action figure collecting community here on YouTube. The term was coined by myself & is my registered Trademark with USPTO.
>At its most basic level, Articulated Comic Book Art is akin to the miniature dioramas found in many museums, and as the name implies, the subject matter is influenced by comic book/superhero themes that pay homage to the Marvel, DC, independent Comic Book universes, Manga & Anime. A.C.B.A makes use of highly articulated action figures in primarily the 1/12th (6") or 1/18th (3 3/4") scale, incorporating elaborate background sets, dynamic/dramatic lighting, scaled props, inserted paper dialogue balloons and comic book style sound effects with the end result emulating scenes lifted right from the source material. Due to the nature of this medium, the individual artist is not chained to any of these concepts and liberties are often taken.
Trademarked for double the kikery.
>>
>>6124812
It was an album by Genesis back in '81.
>>
>>6124832
wow, that sounds pretentious as fuck

I was going to look it up for the hell of it to see what their dios are like, but fuck that
>>
>>6111910
That's where you are wrong. D-Amazing can't use 4chan. Too stupid to use it. He rather "grind" his mediocre image and listen to stereotypical rap.
>>
>>6120092

>>What's the matter, poor little Clone about to get some hard B1'ing?

Roger Roger
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.