[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going for the grail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 16

File: iAiGbH1.jpg (126KB, 712x410px)
iAiGbH1.jpg
126KB, 712x410px
We have a lot of Holy Grail threads, but how many of us are actually trying to get that grail? This thread is for that, the people who are teetering on making that final push.

Right now, the Armor Plus Samurai Troopers/Ronin Warriors are my grail, and I'm waffling on finally pulling the trigger. Right now, the money isn't an issue, and I really want them. But the QC issues leave me nervous. Ultimately they're the only quality figures of the characters(the old figures are nice, but leave a lot to be desired) and I doubt they'll get new releases. Anyone here have any experience with them?

Any grails you're hunting?
>>
>>6110505
Yeah, not interested until they come out with the best cast member, Dais/Rajra
>>
>>6110505
They definitely are not worth the after market prices, they were barely worth the MRSP with all qc issues. I sold mine off for a pretty penny even with two of them having broken hips.
>>
>>6110505
I had the ones with spring loaded joints as a kid. So much fun with them.
>>
I've wanted the gx-68 for a few years now but the price always turned me off,however after all this time I finally bite the bullet and ordered one this morning.
>>
>>6110530
Isn't there a guy who sells replacement joints?
>>
>>6110562
Years ago I remember people talking about this, but I can't seem to find any now.
>>
I've always wanted this but by the time I found out they existed they were all long gone. A couple of months ago I find out SHE is reworking the old mold and they are sent to release sometime this year. I have $800 set aside for my estimated price and I am following channels that would sell it.
>>
>>6110581
>couple of months ago I find out SHE is reworking the old mold and they are sent to release sometime this year

Are they? Not just the Bandai collaberation that was announced 7 years ago? I'm interested, any info?
>>
>>6110603

They're slowly updating progress via their blog

http://studio-halfeye.com/himiken_blog/takaken/
>>
>>6110581
I'd recommend buying from their site if you're getting it new. They always throw in little bonus items.

Unsure if you need a middleman, but at the price you'd already be spending a few more bucks probably wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>6110690

I'm having a hard time navigating the site. Where would you order from?
>>
>>6110505
Get the Rekka no Ryou v2 and only that one. It's the only one with no issue at all.
>>
>>6110752
the powered color ver?
>>
current grail is a set of the figuarts power rangers and a megazord, either the SRC, the SOC, or the minipla

secondhand market for them is just way too high right now
>>
>>6110741
I believe this is the place: http://studio-halfeye.com/fmail/fmailexc.html

I ran Google Translate on their 'how to order' page, and it seems they can only ship within Japan, so a middleman would be necessary.
>>
>>6110862
Yes. It's a stupid name by the way.
>>
>>6110505
What are you doing there Shiryu?
>>
Play arts kai spike spiegel. Only good figure of the character.
>>
>>6116351
Imma buy it once I get a raise.
>>
So unfortunate about the breaking hips on these figures...
>>
File: chogokin_RAcaseal-BLK.jpg (112KB, 794x726px) Image search: [Google]
chogokin_RAcaseal-BLK.jpg
112KB, 794x726px
i recently bought mine!
two were statue shit i got on amiami for prices that i wasnt upset about paying. they werent great deals, but they were in my budget and i feel no buyers remorse from buying them so, those went well.

i recently bought picture related from a fellow anon on a BTS thread! similar to the previously mentioned statueshit it was a tad under market price and free shipping.

there's a more common pink version of this figure that i already own. Said figure got me into the hobby about 4-6 years ago because i liked the quality of it so much. even knowing what to expect, it felt so nice finally holding that one figure you always wanted to get and finally finding it. having bought it from someone on here adds to the excitement as well!

i hope for the best for the rest of you! may your grails be exactly what you hope them to be and best of luck finding them within your budget!
>>
File: IMG_20160504_100713733.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160504_100713733.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
I worked extra hours and did side work for several months and was finally able to acquire this beast. I had wanted him for over 15 years and last year I decided it was time. He was $750 and I don't regret it in the least. Anyone here can do the exact same thing if you want something bad enough.
>>
File: 20150805060815cont (1).jpg (264KB, 800x1095px) Image search: [Google]
20150805060815cont (1).jpg
264KB, 800x1095px
I've been wanting this kitty bitch for years now, but the Topaz dress in the picture is always sold out and I really don't like the black dress that IS in stock. Maybe I'll grab her and worry about the dress later at some point.
>>
>>6110529
Unfortunately that doesn't look like it'll ever happen. I have all of them, including Inferno and Black Inferno. I would LOVE the Dark Warlords...

>>6110530
>They definitely are not worth the after market prices, they were barely worth the MRSP with all qc issues.

True, true.... but as long as they don't break, they look really nice on a shelf.
>>
File: 20170111_163552.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170111_163552.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>6110505
I actually got my grail early last year. I'd lucked out with getting a really good paying job, although it was just a temporary job. That aside, I love seeing this thing in my room
>>
File: big_x-ray_7-1.jpg (80KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
big_x-ray_7-1.jpg
80KB, 410x410px
Its a gimmick toy for sure but I own the rest of the line. I dutifully check ebay every single day.

Every

Single

Day
>>
File: IMG_3289.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3289.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
I saw these things on a random Japanese YouTube video but a google search turns up basically nothing. I'll be trawling yahoo Japan auctions for these until I find them.
>>
>>6122340
>I dutifully check ebay every single day.
You... You can just set up an email alert.
>>
>>6122514
Yeah but there's like 10 different ways people list them, so it wouldnt catch all of them.
>>
>>6116358
Wasn't there a KO company that did replacement parts for these?
>>
I really want to buy the rest of the MMPR figuarts (Black, Blue, Pink, Yellow and Green) but don't want to pay out the ass for them like most ranger groups want to sell them for.
>>
>>6123176
First I've heard of this.
>>
File: 91518_Ikard_TakoTank_Motorbike.jpg (109KB, 900x812px) Image search: [Google]
91518_Ikard_TakoTank_Motorbike.jpg
109KB, 900x812px
I want a Tako Tank. I just don't want to pay $200 on eBay for it.
>>
>>6123646
Ali Express has an Inferno KO don't know how good the Quality is. It's sad I bought 4 real ones and 2 broke at the hips. Never bought Hard rock because I got to bummed out. If anyone knows if Saint Saya hips work with Ronin Warriors tell me.
>>
File: 4L_UyHBazT3.jpg (80KB, 461x611px) Image search: [Google]
4L_UyHBazT3.jpg
80KB, 461x611px
I have no idea where to fucking buy this and if I could I'm pretty sure the price would be astronomical
>>
File: 4L_JNnSR1qG.jpg (135KB, 461x614px) Image search: [Google]
4L_JNnSR1qG.jpg
135KB, 461x614px
more specifically
>>
>>6123701
>>6123702
Looks like garage kits to me
>>
>>6123589
I regret not buying those when they were flooding Books A Million.

I was hoping they'd reissue them with the movie coming but I guess not.
>>
>>6110505
These were my grails but I had never looked into them past knowing they're expensive and that I wanted them.

A shame to hear about the QC problems because I really would have spent the money to own these guys.

Guess I'll just keep saving up for the Winspector Figuarts stuff since I doubt I'll ever save enough for Flame Convoy Sxy Lynx edition.
>>
File: FZeroFalconBox.jpg (76KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
FZeroFalconBox.jpg
76KB, 500x403px
I've been looking for the two F-Zero Machine Collection boxes for years now, with no avail. No matter when I check, no one is ever selling them. Sometimes I just give up hope, but whenever I do remember and look for them again they're nowhere to be seen.
>>
This has been my grail for years and i'm getting it TOMORROW. After years of searching for one in condition for a good price I finally found one and it will be mine.
>>
>>6123708
They are.
>>
File: voltrona0130.jpg (74KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
voltrona0130.jpg
74KB, 800x1067px
>>6124826
Ye gods, why that one and not this one? That thing looks like shit.
>>
File: DSC_7259a.jpg (2MB, 2000x3008px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7259a.jpg
2MB, 2000x3008px
>>6110505

I have the white armor. Great to look at and comes with a ton of accessories, but the diecast armor is really heavy and he's really hard to pose.
>>
>>6116433
I have both chogokin racaseals

Feels fucking good. I don't know if they're rare now, but when I got them, it was just a case of paying a lot of money.
>>
File: DSC_2379a.jpg (2MB, 2238x1913px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2379a.jpg
2MB, 2238x1913px
>>6125486

It pretty much stays in this kind of pose.
>>
>>6124826
I actually had one of those complete with figures for 3 glorious days when I was a wee lad. I bought it off my neighbors in a garage sale. Come to find out that set didn't belong to them. It was their uncle's who owned a toy store and I was forced to give it back.
>>
>>6124826
That one IS kind of ugly, but it's the one I grew up with too. I never saw a completed one as a child, but I always imagined it would be wicked.

>>6125469
>>>6124826
>Ye gods, why that one and not this one? That thing looks like shit.

Like I said above, it's probably a nostalgia thing.
Let's be completely honest though–almost all lion voltrons look shitty or awkward in toy form.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.