[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what ever happened to the Revol mini line? It just kind of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (679KB, 745x572px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
679KB, 745x572px
So what ever happened to the Revol mini line? It just kind of stopped out of nowhere, I wanted to see where they would take it. Any chance they'll bring it back?
>>
The were a lot of fun but the BBB releases were very weak =\ kept the accessories and sold the figures.
>>
I will always fucking hate this line for taking away the chance to have full-sized Solid Snake and Cyborg Ninja revoltechs just to fucking start selling a new pointless revoltech line.
>>
>>6107537
>I will always fucking hate this line for taking away the chance to have full-sized Solid Snake and Cyborg Ninja revoltechs just to fucking start selling a new pointless revoltech line.
This shit right here. I got Cyborg Ninja and Solid Snake for a decent price before they started raising prices on the line so I am less pissed off but I am still pissed we will never get a full sized version of those characters now.
>>
>>6107537
Kind of hoping Kaiyodo would revisit those two in a proper scale since from what I've seen. Those are the only 2 that actually sold and didn't shelfwarm. Hence their aftermarket prices. Who knows though.
>>
>>6107473
more pissed at the fact we will never have a Liquid snake or meryle figure to go with it
>>
>>6107537
i basically agree for the solid snake figure, but grey fox is literally a masterpiece and is the crown jewel of my sizable collection
>>
File: 2016-09-23 14.05.30.jpg (531KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-23 14.05.30.jpg
531KB, 1920x1080px
>>6110169
He's so nice. Raiden was already one of my favorite toys I own, but the ninja feels like an even more improved version. As much as I wish he were 6" scaled, being as small as he is is half of why I like him, the lighter weight really helps him out joint wise.

Mini snake wasn't so hot though, I kind of feel the opposite of the above with him and the vulcanlog snake. It's a pitty the line's dead though.

>>6107473
Just as an aside, the jet effects that iron man came with are some of the best I own. The paintjob is perfect, and they fit into other fullsized revoltechs/marvel legends/star wars black figures. Also the peghole in the side for stands is a genius idead, though again, that probably works so well because of the lower weight of the figure.
>>
File: DSC_1293.jpg (257KB, 860x879px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1293.jpg
257KB, 860x879px
>>6107473
Same reason the SIC minis died. Not enough people bought them to justify making more.

Maybe Japan hates this scale.
>>
>>6107473
It started out as a desperate solution by the CEO of Kaiyodo to the rising prices per figure. Make them cheaper and different scale to get more casuals to buy them. Also being different scale they probably thought there would be less competition. They started out cheaper (less paint and accessories) but soon ignored their original intentions and increased quality and option parts per product, and of course the price. People have the delusion smaller things should cost less so Kaiyodo said fuck it might as well go back to the bigger scale.

The line was all sculpted by Yamaguchi but now he has Vulcanlogs and his own dedicated line Amazing Yamaguchi series to do so at that moment Revol Mini was done for good.

>>6110196
Mini Iron Man is probably one of the best Iron Man figures out there. It poses well and looks pretty good in those poses for how simple the figure is made.

Hoping we get a bigger version in a way with the Amazing Yamaguchi line.

>>6110225
>Maybe Japan hates this scale.
Probably. It was never really established as a thing besides the Microman franchise as far as I know, and that has a pretty niche fan base anyways.

Today the scale is reserved for candy box toy figures, o making one in that scale at a higher price point was a bad idea.
>>
>>6110225
>Not enough people bought them to justify making more.
You're kidding right?

Maybe not the rest but the MGS ones sold like hot cakes.
>>
>>6107473

>>So what ever happened to the Revol mini line?

It chose the size of the figures to be larger than the 4inch 1/18 but smaller than the 6inch 1/12.

Thus they didn't fit anywhere and were a waste of potential.
>>
>>6110598
They sold so many they never made more characters from the franchise and the line died.
>>
>>6110598
the MGS ones did, the MGSV ones didn't really seem to considering the Vulcanlog came out, coupled with the fact that MGSV was the biggest disappointment of my life
>>
>>6110225
Mini sics went on long enough to even have vehicles. Frankly speaking it worked better for SIC because they made mini figs of figures that already existed in the main SIC line. No SIC collector felt fucked over by the mini SIC line, in fact as someone who was only half interested in the heisei riders, I basically bought a few mini because I really didn't need the full sized SICs of them. Also managed to get a few as a gift for my nephew cause he wanted to play with my sic so much.

Completely diff case with Solid Snake and Cyborg Ninja
>>
>>6111499
Considering the characters them getting BIKES isn't shocking or worth pointing out.
>>
File: The Birds and the Bees.jpg (289KB, 1330x1330px) Image search: [Google]
The Birds and the Bees.jpg
289KB, 1330x1330px
These are fun. I can't help but feel like I missed out on Cyborg Ninja, War Machine, and Iron Man
>>
>>6112014
I own all three, and they're definitely fun. The effect parts that come with War Machine are particular favorites of mine. I don't know what the aftermarket prices are, but if they're not too bad, grab 'em!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.