[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your S.O. collect toys? What kind.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12

Does your S.O. collect toys? What kind.
>>
Kinda. She collects pops, and any silent Hill merchandise.
>>
My gf collects Monster High (well not as much lately cause it seems kind of dead) and like some Hello Kitty stuff, etc., she used to be into Living Dead Dolls a long time ago, and she also collects anything Buffy-related

I'm also a girl but I guess I'm the butch one lol, I'm into like TFs, toku, superheroes, mecha anime, videogames, pretty much the normal shit people post about on here.
>>
>>6102832
>lesbians are real
>>
File: 20160107_114934_resized.jpg (468KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20160107_114934_resized.jpg
468KB, 918x1632px
GF likes most of my figures but really loves Isobelle Pascha and other 3A art toys.

>>6102832
>Monster High
>seems kind of dead
Don't be cute.
>>
>>6102805
I've never had a significant other.
>>
>>6102805
What's an S.O.?
>>
Well she has toys but I wouldn't say she collects them if you catch my drift famalam.
>>
He collects figures too, mostly of his waifu.
He's shown interest in my bjds, might get him one to customize into said waifu.
>>
File: 1460429824966.jpg (208KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1460429824966.jpg
208KB, 1500x1125px
>>6102805
My GF mainly collects Aliens. She also has a small TF collection, a couple of Pacific Rim Kaiju, Some Starcraft Zerg, and about 20 gunpla.
Lately we have been focusing more on minis though.
>>
Mine spends most of her money on make up, clothes, shoes, purses, jewellery, perfumes etc like a normal adult woman thankfully. Can't have two weirdos in this relationship.
>>
>>6102897
Senior officer, maggot.
>>
Well, my right hand plays with the same toys I do, so...
>>
>>6103038
>tfw an image of my figures that I posted a year ago randomly pops up
>it's the lewdest image I ever took
>>
>>6102897
Significant-Other
>>
My SO wants to get into gunpla, she even bought a kit for us to build together, I bought a few sets for Christmas for her
>>
>>6102832
How does it make you bitch one if you collect superheroes and video games ive been know to also collect the same
>>
He's into the Gundam tamashii figures, I'm more figma/figuarts. We both like Legos too, so we got a ton of sets between us.
>>
She mainly collects doctor who and firefly stuff.

I was married for 14 years to a woman who didn't collect anything and having been dating a girl for 3 years who plays vidya and collects nerdy things I prefer the later. She doesn't look at me like I'm a wierdo and when I explain the why one toy is not the same as another despite looking similar she listens and understands and doesn't patronize me.
>>
>>6103702
>She mainly collects doctor who and firefly stuff.

there's an irony in women going so nuts for Firefly merch, when Adam Baldwin hates women rather openly.
>>
>>6103777
Can always separate the work from the author.
>>
My girl collects Tsum Tsum plushies, vinyl figures, and pretty much everything related to Tsum.

She otherwise has a small collection of nyanko sensei and gudetama stuff.
>>
Funko-Pops. I don't like 'em, but i know how much she does, so i helped her getting into it, and buy her one or two, here and there.

And MLP. But let's not talk about that.
>>
>>6103777
There's an irony in white weebs venerating japanese culture to the point that a site like this has such a massive user base, when japan despises outsiders rather openly

Yet here we are
>>
File: 1471667858290.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1471667858290.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>6103777
>>Doesn't hold popular main stream SJW opinions
>> hates women

Not the same thing at all there slick
>>
>>6102873
>tfw no 3A gf
>>
A little. He doesn't really collect any outside of some zelda amiibo. He's been interested in the Destiny mega bloks though, so I picked him up some for Christmas.

I'm the collector of the two. Monster High, a few nendos, etc....
>>
>>6103851
yeah no, he's a hardcore godboy that hates women's rights. He started the "gamergate" term because some woman dumping a beta male crybaby offended his whiny ass feewings and he had to compare that to Nixon doing illegal shit.

Fuck off, Jin, and get a job. God isn't real.
>>
Only normal girl things, like makeup and shoes and whatever. She's gotten cooler about my shit though, so there's that.
>>
>>6102831
>Silent Hill Merch
Keeper.
>>
>>6102805
my wife collects anything Wonder Woman, Monster High, Card Captors, Lalaoopsy, Pops, Octonauts, SW, Futurama and Ponies (although i got her into FIM)
She leaves most in their packages and has had me put shelves around the house for them all.
>>
I'm noticing a lot of "he" in here when talking about SO's, is there really that big of a gay community on /toy/?
>>
>>6103929
>Custom Cobra Commander anon is STILL assfractured all these years later
>>
>>6104651
I was excited when I saw she collects octonauts but sad when I saw she leaves them in the packages.
>>
I am a gf. I collect MH and sanrio merch. I want add hoppe, gunpla and kuukuu to my collections but hoppe and gunpla would require more than regular shelves for display and I want to see the kuukuus in person before committing to them.

My bf got me into the lovlots from swarvoski ....but those aren't toys.
>>
She mostly collects Nendoroids, waifu figmas, lewd figures, Sailor Moon and the Vegeta figuarts.

She actually got me into collecting toys.
>>
File: 1468065029857.gif (2MB, 295x164px) Image search: [Google]
1468065029857.gif
2MB, 295x164px
>>6105510
now I know where to go to find my one true love
>>
>>6105510
Am femanon, can confirm.
Came for the BJD thread (because I was curious to see how it differs from the non-anon BJD communities), stayed and like to look at the other threads too.
The doll thread over at /jp/ has probably more guys.

I don't buy any other toys, but I like to look at them and enjoy the photos.
SO is female too; she also collects dolls, Sailor Moon classic toys and the odd robot figure here and there.
I actually got her into dolls.
>>
GF loves ball joint dolls. I don't really get it but it is fun seeing all the clothes and such she makes for them. I got her into the figma line too.
>>
Femanon here. My SO and I are both here for the BJD thread, but lately she's also bought a couple Funko POP!s - when we saw the Sheldon POP! at Hot Topic we couldn't resist LOL
>>
>>6102897
>>6102878
/thread
>>
File: 250px-Supersonicocharacter.jpg (23KB, 250x306px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Supersonicocharacter.jpg
23KB, 250x306px
Recently started collecting. Got a bunch of sonico figures for christmas and my birthday (as they are a day apart). I want more doom stuff but so far its just the marine and cyberdemon pop figures and the collectible from the special edition of the new doom. got 3 amiibos but sold my wiiu (plan to re buy someday) and one of the harley kai figures from arkham city i believe. For now im aiming for doom, metal gear, sonico, and super lewd shit. My SO just has a Jaeger from pacific rim but she isn't rrally a collector. puts up with my shit though

Also anything cyberpunk so lots og Ghost in the Shell and Akira when i can afford it.
>>
>>6103929
You should see a psychologist.
>>
>>6105599
Except 50% of them in this thread have now stated that they're dykes. I didn't realize BJD had such a big dyke following, it doesn't really strike me as something that is going to appeal to gay women but I suppose that toys have that kind of power.
>>
I am the S.O. that collects things.

Boyfriend doesn't care too much as long as I have money to pay the bills and I am putting money away, which I agree with. I collect mostly game figures, particularly Legacy of Kain and Metal Gear Solid, but I have some DBZ figures, a Truforce Megaman, and a Parasyte figure.
>>
>>6105762
>I didn't realize BJD had such a big dyke following, it doesn't really strike me as something that is going to appeal to gay women but I suppose that toys have that kind of power

I don't even think that's the case.
The BJD community in general is, unless it gets anon, all about being sugarly sweet and nice, even if it's often fake just for the purpose of keeping up peace.
You have all kinds of people there, men too, mostly because you can customize them so easily, there are lots of different types and they appeal to all kind of collectors (from full-set owners to artists).

I just think that only a certain kind of them would even entertain the thought of browsing 4chan.
Your regular BJD collector just doesn't want to go here or, worse, wants to be known as "that person that posts/browses on 4chan".

I actually think that such hobbies attract "different" people because they tend to go for unusual things.
Maybe they get drawn to it because they think that unusual hobby = more open minded people = higher chance of meeting someone that's just as "different" as you are.
>>
>>6105417
we have rabbits and their hay and litter dust gets everywhere so we've learned that its better to just leave our toys in their boxes
>>
>>6103929
What in the goddamn hell are you talking about?

Gamergate was a critique of bad ethics and favoritism in Video Game Journalism.
>>
Wow, there sure are a lot of lesbians on /toy/.
>>
>>6106120
Who cares? Post more toys.
>>
>>6106165
Fuck off :)
>>
>>6106120
Awww has your secret club been discovered? Get used to it, hun. We're here to stay. *sips tea*
>>
>>6106196
Haha, I was just surprised is all. Most of the time you just presume that hobbies like this are a boys-club.

And here if you're havin' tea, you might as well make a pot for the rest of us.
>>
File: Freddy Mcfarlane toys selaed 18.jpg (416KB, 750x525px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy Mcfarlane toys selaed 18.jpg
416KB, 750x525px
He collects funko pops and things for his waifu. I collect mostly figures of my interests. Like horror, mostly Nightmare on Elm Street, PMMM, Sailor Moon, YGO, and Morrigan from Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior. Neither of us mind each others weirdness and actually encourage one another, price tag be damned.
>>
>>6103102
We're not tumblr, so I see no reason to use that expression here. Just say gf, maggot.
>>6103082
You have the right idea, maggot.
>>
File: WYhKXc2[1].gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
WYhKXc2[1].gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>6106238
>>
>>6103848
it's not that they hate you. it's that they are very aware you will never be one of them. If you accept that you can live rather comfortably as a foreigner in Japan.
>>
>>6105975
Do you take them out to play with them or are they left sealed up?
>>
Only gf I ever had that collects collected Pokemon plush. And a few Ultraman/Kaiju stuff if it was SD and cute.

She totally got and understood my 80s mecha series toy addiction.
>>
>>6106600
i have my own shelves of open toys, but no, neither of us 'play' with them (we're in our 40s)
>>
I swear all the girls Ive tried to date that collect toys are closet lesbians.
>>
>>6106983
And as such, this thread full of lesbos.

Or, wait... maybe the girls that have rejected you are just saying they're gay to turn you down nicely.
>>
>>6107315
>maybe the girls that have rejected you are just saying they're gay to turn you down nicely.

Since wheb have women been nice? They just want to lick snatch and keep a man on retainer until they need him. Women hate nice guys, so I became a total misogynist.
>>
>>6107408
you're pretty good at this, anon. almost got me
>>
File: 1441947384463.gif (3MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1441947384463.gif
3MB, 350x197px
>>6105762
good thing my type always happens to turn out to be dykes

or not good thing...

why are the types of women I am attracted too turn out to be lesbians
>>
>>6106238
Yeah, I didn't know there was so many dykes here either. This has been an educational experience.
>>
I wouldn't even know how to go about finding a girl who's into collection anything /toy/ related when I've only managed one guy friend who collects shit .
>>
My girlfriend doesn't collect anything but understands it's one of those things I love to bits and I guess for her it's not so hard to connect how much I love insects, our dogs and my collection of SIC, SHF and silly animal gashapons. Gundams she doesn't get it but can see how much effort is put into making each model kit that she somewhat equates it as craft-like hobby that some girls tend to like.

Also helps that things like Ultraman and Kamen Rider Black are universally known for us Asians.
>>
File: 1455517987445.jpg (9KB, 170x158px) Image search: [Google]
1455517987445.jpg
9KB, 170x158px
>>6107500
The theory isn't hard its finding the gender that's into it, shit like dedicated forums where people do meet ups and such.

>tfw a local transformers meet hust had near grandpas and young fathers who brought their kids
>only girls on the site just lurk

Gundam model builders aren't much better too where I am, just under aged asians and again, young fathers who are the asian's sensei's (despite being white as hell).

Luck also helps anon, really finding someone who's into the same shit as you is harder than finding a pleasant girl in the first place
>>
>>6107500
work somewhere that sells toys and has girl employees
>>
>>6107423
Im sorry I triggered a closet lesbian.
>>
> obligatory bad dragon post

But, in all seriousness, she collects stuffed animals.
>>
>>6108612
Little late for that
>>
>>6107448
Actual dyke. Please don't affiliate us with those wankers.
>>
File: a toy flower for m'lady.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
a toy flower for m'lady.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>6106196
Hi! few things to start off with =] 1. yes I replied to you because you're a female soldier, 'tis an awesome thing to see! 2. I'm Brian. 3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen.
>>
>>6106631
I'm in my 30s, married and 2 kids, so I was going to say I still play with toys. But then I realised a lot of it is because I'm playing with my kids.
>>
No, but he wants to start a katana collection. He even admits he knows nothing about them and just thinks they look cool, but whatever makes him happy. We have a spare room that's just an office right now so that can become his katana room.
>>
File: gudetama.jpg (959KB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
gudetama.jpg
959KB, 4160x2336px
>>6103822
>She otherwise has a small collection of nyanko sensei and gudetama stuff.
is she literally me, if not does she want to be friends.

If she's anything like me she'd probably like gatcha stuff, candysan has a good selection if you need present ideas for upcoming bday/anniversaries.
>>
>>6102805
>All pony/brony threads, images, Flashes, and avatars belong on /mlp/.
Enjoy the ban, fag.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.