[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody redpill me on mafex, how does this shit look so good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (114KB, 418x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 418x608px
Somebody redpill me on mafex, how does this shit look so good for just 60 bucks?

Is it Japanese? Are they better than figuarts? Anyone have an official site?
>>
I have 3 Mafex figures. Zero issues, completely worth every penny. The whole Mafex being crappy and having QC issues is just a meme.
>>
fuck off peon.
>>
I saw Skullface's 6in star wars shelf and he had a few mafexes on it. Some were really cool, but others were really shitty looking. I guess it's a know what you're buying kind of thing
>>
>>6101568
>redpill me

Go back to /pol/
>>
>>6101568
Lol they have yet to release a face that didn't look like an orange mess. Looks like a bootleg.
>>
>>6101574
>just a meme
lawl
>>
>>6101593
I tried

>>6101592
This Rey figure's face looks pretty good for 60 bucks

>>6101574
Do you have the Rey figure? How is it? How about dearth Vader? Or should I get figuarts Vader?
>>
>>6101568
>Redpill you on Mafex

They make amazing-looking prototypes.

More often than not the final product falls very short of those prototypes.
>>
It's not out yet. We don't know if Mafex will drop the ball or not. Speaking from experience, their Boba Fett's are tight as shit.
>>
>>6101619
Oh, not till march it looks like.

This board really needs a guide. I don't know what makers to keep an eye on
>>
>>6101603
>Do you have the Rey figure?
She's not coming out until march

>How about dearth Vader?
Yes I have Vader. Mafex Vader is tall and stands over my other figures, the Figuarts Vader is short. The cape on the Mafex Vader is fabric and is posable, it has wires in it. His helme is removable and has the unmasked face. Same hands as the Figuarts. The articulation is always best on Figuarts. But that's the only thing better than Mafex. The mafex Vader blows the Figuarts version away.
>>
>>6101628
At this point, wait for the Rogue One Mafex Vader coming next August. Looks amazing.
>>
>>6101647
He doesn't have a lightsaber it looks like
>>
>>6101654
He's confirmed for coming with one.
>>
>>6101659
Where?
>>
>>6101603
Thinking the sample figure will be the actual mass produced figure.
>>
>>6101647
>coming next August

That's really the only problem with MAFEX. Their 3A-tier ship dates and delays.
>>
File: medicom-mafex-no-024-b.jpg (58KB, 713x950px) Image search: [Google]
medicom-mafex-no-024-b.jpg
58KB, 713x950px
>Memefex
>looking good
To be fair, the Darth Vader(s) and Boba Fett are generally considered to be decent.
>>
>>6101740
They're switching over to digital printing from Harley onwards, so hopefully we won't see fuckups like this again.
>>
>>6101743
Yeah but the hair mold and paint finish will still look like shit.
>>6101568
>Are they better than figuarts?

No, Mostly bad QC with only a few great exceptions.
>>
>>6101757
Discounting the handful of actually-good figures they've produced so far, has there ever been more wasted potential in a line than Mafex?
>>
>>6101647
>diapers
>>
>>6101684
He has one, any and all Rogue One Vader figures were barred from showing his extended lightsaber in promo shots by Lucasfilm so as to not give away him using it in the ending of the movie. Hot Toys Vader also doesn't have a lightsaber in use in promo shots but it does come with an extended lightsaber.
>>
>>6101647
The cloak should go over the shoulder pads and it should have redder eyes if it wants to be rogue one Vader.
>>
Why has no company attempted to simulate the white core of lightsaber blades yet?
>>
>>6101837
I don't think you know what "confirmed" means
>>
>>6101574
Recently Mafex has stepped up their QC considerably, but I assure you, in the past it was no "meme". I bought their line of Dark Knight figures and the only one that had no problems was the Joker. Catwoman came in with both of her arm joints facing the wrong way, so when you popped out her hands to switch them, the joints came with them. Batman had a bum leg and for the life of me I could not get the head to stay on. And on the batpod one gun barrel is higher than the other. I managed to fix most of the issues with some tinkering, but that shit is inexcusable.

I got the mafex Batfleck though and shit was great.
>>
>>6101578
Peon died.
>>
>>6101647
why does his codpiece look like a pillow lol
>>
>>6101828
>>6102380

> the toy sucks because it's accurate about a detail I don't like
>>
>>6101740
>>6101743

I'm not seeing the issue. The figur elooks exactly like Gal Godat.

Ugly as fuck
>>
>>6102409
lol the problem was the prototype looked amazing...and then the final product came out and looked ugly as fuck.
>>
File: 1472337844577.gif (3MB, 250x252px) Image search: [Google]
1472337844577.gif
3MB, 250x252px
>>6102409
> Gal Godat
>Ugly
Nigga you gay.
>>
>>6101568
Very hit and miss releases.
...a wait and see line.
>>
>>6102415

You are pretty stupid to shit on something for being accurate. Whine about the design itself if you don't like it retard.
>>
>>6102422
Shes too skinny. Blonde is beautiful, not some desert rat.
>>
Thing about MAFEX is they almost always decrease in price. When they first go up, they are $60-$80.

Wait 6 months and you'll get them from $30-$50.
>>
>>6102424
I'm going to bitch about both and there's nothing you can do to top me.
>>
>buying new trilogy toys

Why? The characters are going to go through more iterations in the next films. Might as well wait for all to come out, and buy your favorite design of the character.
>>
>>6102436
*stop
>>
>>6102380
Because comfort should be an option.
>>
File: vader_compare_close.jpg (83KB, 864x484px) Image search: [Google]
vader_compare_close.jpg
83KB, 864x484px
>>6102393
hey, i never said the figure sucked you cry baby, it just looks like a pillow, full on with stitching and everything. should have made it look like hard leather.
>>
File: IMG_8237.jpg (1010KB, 2996x2003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8237.jpg
1010KB, 2996x2003px
Anyone know if you can put that Figuarts Vader (unmasked) head that came with Luke on the MAFEX body?
Th
>>
File: IMG_8351.jpg (580KB, 2431x1625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8351.jpg
580KB, 2431x1625px
I own several Figuarts and MAFEX figures.

The short answer is that my vote is for Figuarts is better with MAFEX being *good enough* when there isn't another alternative.
>>
>>6101568
Let's hope they implement the digital face printing across entire lines. Their Harley turned out exactly as the prototype advertised (for better or for worse) and apparently it was the first time they tried digital face printing.
>>
File: IMG_7796.jpg (403KB, 1243x1553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7796.jpg
403KB, 1243x1553px
>>6103157

Who is "they," MAFEX?

I've always thought MAFEX would benefit from face printing technology but Figuarts has been doing it since at least Bruce Lee
>>
File: hq_blog08.jpg (621KB, 800x1137px) Image search: [Google]
hq_blog08.jpg
621KB, 800x1137px
>>6103165
Yes, "they" as in MAFEX. Turns out their first figure to ever use it is their recent Harley Quinn figure and if it's any indication, it will do them a lot of good when it comes to future releases with human faces.
>>
>>6103221

How's the CQ? I'm getting Figuarts Harley but if she's worth it I'll also get the MAFEX one as well.
>>
>>6102535
It's accurate to Rogue One. They fucked up the codpiece on the film costume.
>>
Mafex has a lot of potential. They just need to get rid of the cheap-ass joints and start using the digital printing tech for faces - or keep using it.
>>
>>6103426
This. Even the Hot Toys figure has it.
>>
>>6103157
Their Kylo Ren promo shots look great. Is his face printed?
>>
>>6103601
Don't know but I hope that it's going to be the norm with every figure after Harley, just in time for Kylo and Rey to be released.
>>
File: [ 03 ].png (1MB, 1201x566px) Image search: [Google]
[ 03 ].png
1MB, 1201x566px
>>6101568
The recent Mafex Wonder Woman had/has me worried. If that's an exception to the rule than fine, but it still doesn't inspire confidence.

I'd say wait and see for the final release and make a decision then.
>>
I have both Asm figs, and mk43 iron man. Asm 2 & mk43 are floppy messes, and mk43 has very dull paint apps, and werent very clean. I'd recommend waiting for the figures to go on sale before buying.
>>
>>6102425
Take that back, Israeli women are hot af
>>
Just got their ESB Boba Fett, blew my fucking mind how good it looks.

The overall feel of it reminds me of a McFarlane statue, but with better paint and good articulation.
>>
>>6107224
The recent Iron Man had the same issue with the Tony Stark head. Promos looked really nice, final thing not so nice. Not as bad as Wonder Woman in terms of bait-n-switch but male faces are more forgiving anyway.
>>
>>6102425
>blonde is beautiful
i don't get it, the character is wonder woman?
>>
>>6107224
This shit is Hasbro tier
>>
>>6102351
Confirmed. My DKT Batman had a snapped neck ball joint mere minutes after taking him out of the box with bugger all pressure applied. Would have been raging had I not bought it for half price...
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.