[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the best version of the Riot Control Trooper? I dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

Which is the best version of the Riot Control Trooper? I dont think I want the Black Series. Is Mafex or SH Figuarts better?
>>
>>6096343

Figuarts. However its just that-- the Riot Trooper.

The MAFEX one comes with rifle, pistol, and the riot gear. Figuarts doesn't come with any guns and I'm not sure it even comes with a trigger hand.
>>
>>6096359
Hmm sounds like Mafex is the way to go for me then. It looks good
>>
The model kit comes with riot and regular trooper gear
>>
>>6096434
Mafex is always a no go for me. The plastic just doesn't look as nice to me. Looks a bit cheaper.
>>
the model kit one. cheap
>>
>>6096439
what is this model kit one yall talk about?
>>
>>6096434
memefex is notorious for their QC issues, but their Boba Fett seems to be alright.
>>
>>6096439
Aren't model kits much lighter than a normal figure?

Which some people might not mind and you wouldn't be able to tell exactly from afar in display, but to me I can always differentiate a model from a regular figure, and they just seem a bit flimsier.

Maybe I'm wrong though
>>
>>6096442
The Bandai kit.

>>6096445
Yes, so they sometimes have a weird wobble when placed down onto a table but they aren't that bad.
I guess you could always fill out certain body parts if you wanted to weigh it down a bit.
>>
>>6096434
Mafex QC issues are just ridiculous. And they're notorious for having the finished released product look NOTHING like the promo pics. Granted, all toy companies are like that but from my experience Mafex has been the worst at it.
>>
>>6096343
Ordinarily I'd say go with the Figuarts, but my SHF Riot Trooper (and plenty of other people's) was a QC disaster. I need to basically buy a whole new FO Trooper to replace the body with.

Also the Mafex version has been getting solid reviews. It's not quite as nicely made as the standard SHF FO Trooper, but it's a solid figure with a ton of accessories.
>>
>>6096567

Weird, my SHF Riot Trooper is perfectly fine.
Not sure what you mean by QC disaster nor have I heard any reports of it - do you have any photos to elaborate on these claims?
>>
>>6096343
Go with the Mafex
It comes with everything and is an actual figure unlike a model kit that you have to waste extra time painting the shit that needs to be painted. It's also shelfwarming in a few places because it's Mafex and you don't have to risk QC issues because Bandai has been lazy with their Exclusive shit for awhile now.
inb4
>B-BUT MAFEX IS BAD!
Their recent Star Wars shit has been top notch and I have yet to see a bad review of their First Order.
>>
>>6096754
Thank you
>>
>>6096754
>>6096781

So you are going off that anon instead of me?

Jeez louise.

I would like photos of these QC issues from SHF, otherwise this is a Mafex shill.
>>
>>6096727
Not that anon but mine came with some problem too, the shoulders were incredibly loose. I also have both Clonetroopers and didn't have this problem with them, so it seems like it's something to do with the FO trooper, or at least the TR-8R version.

Though that's really the only trouble i've had with him and he still can make a pose.
>>
>>6096754
>I have yet to see a bad review of their First Order.
I've yet to even see any review of their First Order.
It came out that late that no one give a shit anymore, minus a handful who bought it and commented it wasn't anything special.
>>
>>6096881

My non Riot-Trooper FO has pretty loose shoulderpads but they only pop out if I'm touching it a lot, they aren't so bad.

I would definitely not consider slightly loose shoulderpads a QC issue nor would it be a reason to buy the Mafex over it, thanks for the example though
>>
File: IMG_4541.jpg (2MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4541.jpg
2MB, 4320x3240px
>>6096727
Sure. Here's a quick rundown:

>Paint quality in general is awful compared to regular release
>Left knee joint doesn't sit fully in thigh, making left leg longer than right, also falls out of hole easily
>Left kneepad will not stay attached
>One of the pouches fell off the belt the moment it was unboxed
>>
File: IMG_4542.jpg (2MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4542.jpg
2MB, 4320x3240px
>>6096938
The bad knee, no idea what's wrong with it.
>>
File: IMG_4547.jpg (2MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4547.jpg
2MB, 4320x3240px
>>6096941
There are blotches like this in the paint all over it, and plenty of bleed between the white and black parts the original mass release didn't have.

I would also recommend never, ever shopping with Big In Japan. I emailed them about these issues and provided them with a good number of pictures and comparisons between the standard figures. They must have realised that by the time the figure reached me it was too late to open a Paypal case, because they just stopped replying.
>>
File: IMG_3959.jpg (2MB, 3050x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3959.jpg
2MB, 3050x2304px
>>6096947
Never had a single problem with any of the SHF standard release troopers, it was pretty shocking to me that a pricey web exclusive could have QC this shitty, especially on a presumably smaller production run.
>>
>>6096938
>>6096941
>>6096947
I'm >>6096881 and i never really had any trouble with the left knee, just the shoulders, so yeah it must be a luck of the draw QC problem with the knee. The belt things are just clipped on, though, not permanently attached on.

There's probably a chance that the TFA Figuarts in general were all rush jobs, since i remember them not bothering to add the weathering effect to Phasma that was originally shown in the promo pictures as well.

Were you ever able to get the knee back all the way in?
>>
File: IMG_4545.jpg (2MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4545.jpg
2MB, 4320x3240px
>>6096961
Trust me, the peg is definitely snapped. There's some traces of it left in the belt. Just fell off as soon as I took the figure out of the tray.

And no, I was never able to fix the knee. It's probably one of my biggest figure disappointments ever, and the sole reason I never ordered the Heavy Gunner (now regret that). It's just been stuck in its box since I got it.

Like I said, I intend to at some point pick up a spare FO Trooper off Mandarake and transplant the body. I guess I'll use the leftovers as some kind of Jakku weatherbeaten trooper custom fodder.
>>
>>6096963
>the peg is definitely snapped
Fuck, that's brutal man.

Well at the very least they might do a reissue of the FO next year for episode eight so they aught to go down in price a fair bit when that happens.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.