[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1000toys finally shipping the Synthetic Human

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: synth.jpg (191KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
synth.jpg
191KB, 2000x1328px
The preorder of the re-release is finally fucking shipping out after months of delays and issues, mine is projected to get to me by the 30th, so that's nice.

Anyone else finally getting theirs after all the bullshit?
>>
Hell yeah man! I got an email and a text for confirmation when I was at work, flipped my shit. I'm stoked as fuck to get this guy.
>>
>>6095838
I'm surprised they're gonna arrive so quickly, I thought it'd be another month after shipping from Japan, but apparently they're in the US and it'll only be 3 days?
>>
>>6095633
>months of delays and issues
When were they originally due out?
>>
>>6095875
August, I think. The first delay was due to production taking longer than expected, the second was due to an earthquake in the factory area.

I was surprised at the fast shipping, mine's due to arrive on the 30th too. I wonder if they sprung for that to make up for the wait?
>>
I guess you guys are talking about 1/6th one, right? How long have you guys been waiting, I preordered the 1/12th version and it seems like I might be in for a rough ride.

Also, I had no idea these were from sen-ti-nel until I saw them on my paypal email. That's pretty cool.
>>
>>6095633
At what age did you grow out of cyberpunk? Me? I was 15.
>>
>>6095885
>Thinks androids are cyberpunk
>>
>>6095885
and then you got into more mature genres, like chinese cartoons about little girls doing cute things?
>>
>>6095883
My bad, the original release date was September.

>>6095884
Yeah, the 1/6th. This is the only thing I've gotten from 1000Toys, I have no idea if this kind of delay is normal for them.
>>
>>6095920
>My bad, the original release date was September.
Three months isn't really that long considering one of the delays was due to an earthquake.
>>
>>6095888
For me it is space opera, the best science fiction sub-genre
>>
File: (You).jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>6095885
>>
>>6095945
Good thing for you space opera never has androids
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 160x190px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 160x190px
what do these cost, where did you buy from?
>>
>>6096157
150 dolla, 1000toys has very short preorder windows for their shit so you have to stalk the facebook page
>>
>>6096161
I hope I make the window when they eventually do the CaRB (black one with the red eyes and daggerhands) 1:12
>>
>>6095885
>growing out of cyberpunk
>ever

I prefer to take it and try to make it relevant to today's situation, personally.
>>
Mine just arrived, shit's neat, might take pics.
>>
Got mine in earlier, a little disappointed with the QC. I assumed the switch to a jap factory would boost the quality, but it seems the same as the old factory. Hopefully the joints will hold up longer compared to the older ones. Still, very nice figure, just wish mine wasn't having issues.

>sticky paint on the alternate hands
>left eye fell out (though, I was able to put it back into it's socket. Its a little lose though, it popped back out inside of it's head while I had it sitting on my desk.
>torso, waist, jaw, toes, and head are all a little loose, feels like they could fall apart at any moment, though has had yet too, which is great.
>The jaw is on the verge of falling off right out of the box, the head parts either won't hold together tight, or have a hard time reconnecting correctly. Neck causes some issues with the jaw that the carb unit doesn't seem to have (not sure about anti carb, don't have him with me atm.
>the torso creaks like crazy. The shell feels very flimsy and could break if you're not careful. I hope its just me being paranoid, but that sound and hollowness is not something i have experienced with the carb or anti carb.
>A few joints are VERY stiff, specifically the shoulders. Word of warning, be very gentle with moving them as the connection for the torso and the arm is a very thin peg, and it looks like it could break easily if you use too much force. (I'm in some pretty warm weather, so I didn't need to heat up the joints, so for those of you in snowy places, please break out the blow dryer before posing!)

Those so far are my issues. It seems like a lot, but after getting him posed on my desk, I'm super happy to have him. He's super cute and charming! I could get him to sit down pretty naturally looking too. Maybe a tad expensive for $150, considering he only has the face mask and two extra set of hands, but his articulation is really something else. I feel its an improvement over both the carb and anticarb units, at least in the hips
>>
>>6098856
sounds like I should cancel the 1/12 if this is anything to go by. Revoltech evangelions probably have the same articulation right? sculpt hindrances aside
>>
File: figure3.jpg (235KB, 700x1092px) Image search: [Google]
figure3.jpg
235KB, 700x1092px
>>6098856
I dunno anon, other than the head being weird how it holds together, mine has been posing like a champ with no stuck joints or sticky paint.

Maybe you got a lemon?
>>
File: figure5.jpg (218KB, 600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
figure5.jpg
218KB, 600x1068px
>>6098881
>>
File: figure6.jpg (227KB, 600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
figure6.jpg
227KB, 600x1068px
>>6098884
>>
File: figure4.jpg (233KB, 600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
figure4.jpg
233KB, 600x1068px
>>6098886
And that's it.

Maybe I'll use an actual camera some day.
>>
File: robut-son.jpg (71KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
robut-son.jpg
71KB, 960x540px
I love my son, he is perfect, and all the other robuts love him.

In all seriousness, this is a really solid figure. I love how light weight he is, but is nice and sturdy. Range of poseability is fucking dope.
>>
File: photo_2016-12-30_21-11-38.jpg (53KB, 721x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-12-30_21-11-38.jpg
53KB, 721x1280px
>>6098881
Thats what i'm hoping is the case. Like I said, the sticky paint is only for his hands, and the issue i'm having is more so loose joints. The warning about the stiff joints is so that people don't break him opening the box.
>>
File: photo_2016-12-30_21-19-05.jpg (109KB, 805x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-12-30_21-19-05.jpg
109KB, 805x1280px
>>6099219
I wish I didn't leave my camera when I went home for vacation.
>>
>>6098876
I'm still holding out that the 1/12 is gonna be a smash hit. I love these guys, but my preferred scale is 1/12, so getting to put him along with my other figures is gonna be fantastic. I'm also sure that by the time they get around to the 1/12 scale and thanks to the smaller size, they'll have no problems with him. That said, I am still a bit bummed it doesn't have an articulated jaw. Speaking of evangelion figs, my unit-01s have jaws that can open and close, I wonder why they removed that feature for the smaller scale. It still has movable eyes, at least.
>>
Mine arrived this morning, I kind of want to put some decals on it. I like the look of em on the SDCC exclusive. Any suggestions on what kind and where to stick em?
>>
I got two of these on PO for the 1/12, hope they kick ass
>>
File: IMG_20161231_002031.jpg (113KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161231_002031.jpg
113KB, 960x1280px
>>
Got it right on the 27th morning (I live in Osaka).

After all those delays I was almost shure I'd end up selling it right away, my hype was all gone, and I was really pissed at how unprofessional they were being about their deadline.
3 months delay for a figure that only needed to be assembled? This was a re-issue, not a new thing. And the earthquake thing was huge bullshit also, worst case scenario they got a one week delay from that.

But honestly, once I got it I fell in love with it.
It's my first 1/6 figure, and while it's not without issues, it is really nice.

My complaints are:

>especially considering the price, the amount of accessories is ridiculous (hell, two sets of extra hands cannot even be considered accessories). They could have included at least a clear mask like the one of the other version fo this same figure.

>the weapon holding hands ones have a too large grip, unable to keep some 1/6 katanas I have, for example.

>as another anon said, the face doesn't hold up properly, especially the jaw is very loose.

Anyway, I have preordered the 1/12 too.

Also, really looking forward to the new Kugutu line (sculpted by Takeya). I think I'll attend my first Wonfes this year just for that (because I don't want to wait another year because of their stupid delays).
Does anyone have any experience with buying from them at conventions? Because they keep saying prices in USD, but I guess it will be in yen at wonfes. I wonder how much they'll ask (since it will be 230 USD shipping included, when preorders open).
>>
>>6099828
>I was really pissed at how unprofessional they were being about their deadline
>3 months delay
>It's my first 1/6 figure

OK that last bit explains a lot. Anon, other 1/6 companies are late all the fucking time. I just got an email telling me the Hot Toys Ripley I ordered from Sideshow(originally due Dec/Jan) is now due end of May. Most 1/6 companies are made up of like a handful of people and delays are common.

Do you normally just collect Bandai and Kaiyodo or something?
>>
>>6100379
Yeah, most of my collection is figma and revoltech.

I know that there exist much longer wait times for figures, l was surprised l had to wait so much after paying for a rerelease.
>>
When is the 1:12 version shipping?
>>
i love this, I get a repulsiveness from these, which feels different than rest of the figures out there. Pricey though, id probably spend at most 120-150, which i believe a version exists, one day. add it to my "my buy shit" .
>>
>>6101389
Anon these ones were 150.

They're also making a 1:12 version for like 60 shipped, but that order is over.
>>
>>6101617
Wait they had an order for that already?
>>
>>6101620
Yeah it was up on their site like a month ago I think
>>
>>6101636
Ah fuck guess I'll have to wait for another order.
>>
>>6101651
HLJ had them for sale, sold out now but maybe they'll have extras when they ship. Might be worth putting on a figinstock alert.
>>
>>6101699
Good to know thanks.
>>
>>6101236
End of the month I suppose.

If anyone wants to snag it, I think AmiAmi still have them (the 1/12)
>>
>>6104016
Also back in stock in HLJ for a tiny bit cheaper.
>>
Anyone want to sell me one? I couldn't afford it at the preorder
>>
Are there even whispersing of when the 1:12 CaRB will be up for order?

I really fucking want that one.
>>
>>6104298
*whisperings

God damnit

But yeah I wasn't even aware when the 1:6 CaRB came out because they keep their preorders to fucking secretive sometimes and I really only knew about their stuff from here on /toy/

Hopefully it's also only 60 bucks
>>
>>6098881
Always happy to see this pose.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.