[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these assholes always the last ones to ship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_8258.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8258.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
Are these assholes always the last ones to ship?
>>
Japanese stuff?

Maybe because they're not based in Japan.
>>
>>6095334
they scalp the fuck outta import goodies

>BIGGITY BUG BAD BIG BIG BIG
>>
Month late just like any domestic shop handles imports. Too bad you still pay a premium for the privilege though.
>>
>>6095334
No, that's Entertainmentearth.
>>
They do have his annoying habit of taking 1-2 days to process payment, then your order status will be "in warehouse" for several days before they get around to shipping it. It's not unusual for them to sit on an order for about a week before they ship.
>>
I'm still waiting for MAFEX Wonder Woman. Original shipping estimates said November. I ordered it January 2nd.
>>
Why would you ever use BBTS if you care about fast shipping? The advantage of BBTS is using the letting stuff build up in your pile o loot to save on shipping.
>>
>>6096312
this and to preorder things you're unsure of. You can check out reviews a full month or two almost always before its in stock there, so you have plenty of time to cancel.
>>
>>6095334
Fuck right off you entitled little weasel.
>>
I don't know why everyone uses BBTS. I uses a few other domestic sites that even have ACTUAL SALE and actual CLEARANCE not this weak ass 5% off "clearance" sale
>>6096588
Hi Shartimus
>>
>>6096740
Because they're a good place to buy from. I've bought from them for years now.
>>
Why would someone use bbts over amazon? Besides special clearance sales of course
>>
>>6096755

Because amazon keeps raising it's free shipping bullshit. It's cheaper to buy from Bigbad in the end.
>>
>>6096764
But my family has prime, so free 2day shipping, and most stuff is cheaper than on bbts including sales and before shipping no less. There is only a few items that would be cheaper on bbts.
>>
>>6096755
neca is a cuck and wont ship to tacoland, doesnt matter if it's through amazon or their ebay pages
>>
>>6096776

Not everyone gave into the scam that is prime.
>>
>>6096755
I usually avoid amazon unless the item is heavily discounted. I get fucked by taxes being commifornia and at least bbts doesn't charge them.
>>
>>6095334
Not always, but they always seem to take 3 days regardless of items now.

This started about a year and a half to two years ago.

One can only speculate what may have happened to cause it
>>
>>6096844
If you use amazon a lot it pays for itself pretty quickly

It's $15 a month now. If you buy one large item a month it's already paid for itself

Not mentioning they other benefits you get...
>>
>>6096883
Nah, not giving your bullshit any extra money, shill.
>>
>>6095334
Nope, dorkside is even fucking slower. Still waiting for them to get elder and scarface in.
>>
>>6096883
amazon prime used to be boss, but taxes are charged now.
fuckers.
>>
>>6095334
I stopped using BBTS because they would hold my items for a week after I had paid. I kept going back and trying them to see if they ever got better over the span of a year and a half but nothing ever changed.

Fuck them.
>>
>>6096740
>Hi Shartimus
You know what? I've done business with BBTS for over 15 years. Not once have I ever felt like a second class citizen. When I preorder, I never get shorted. When I pay for a mint box,that's what I get. When a retarded truck monkey leaves my box in a puddle, the toys inside are protected from it. When the manufacturer herps and a derps and surprise pricejacks, BBTS eats it or meets me in the middle. Because they value my business.

If more places had even half the integrity and competence as BBTS, the collector community would be far better off. I won't get butthurt over a couple of days in the warehouse. If that bothers you, try your luck with Amazon or Entertainment Earth. And bring your own lube because they don't.
>>
>>6097474
>When the manufacturer herps and a derps and surprise pricejacks, BBTS eats it or meets me in the middle.

Which is why they overprice nearly anything that's popular? $11.99 for a world of nintendo figure that has an MSRP of $3.99?

Yeah you're a fucking shill.
>>
>>6097586
For real. I tried bbts once. Never again. Stupid prices. Anyway, I only like jap shit so AmiAmi is my store of choice. Amazon can eat a dick too.
>>
>>6097586
Yeah, you have no fucking clue how retail works.
>>
>>6097586
You must be new too. They didn't always mark stuff up like that. But then the poorfags came and had a hissy fit that those $4 toys weren't cheap enough. Boo hoo mean old scalpers won't give me my binky because waaaaaaaaaah...
>>
>>6097942
>Stupid prices
>retail is stupid prices

Ah the entitlement of this generation...
>>
It takes fucking forever for them to restock
>>
>>6098200
I mean to be fair almost every competitor they have online gets stock in before BBTS, has better prices, and offers free shipping at $150 orders.... There really isn't any reason to use BBTS other than for pile of loot which is done under other names on other websites, and also for their cool thick green bubblewrap they use.
>>
>>6098229

The only real reason to use BBTS is for damtoys or Acid Rain World.
>>
>>6098229
>free shipping at $150
There are smaller shops that offer free shipping at lower prices for larger items (model and RC kits). Hell, even ebay stores. Online toy retailers enjoy high margins for shitty service and customer support.
>>
File: 5464616415646114.jpg (32KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
5464616415646114.jpg
32KB, 752x564px
>>6098233

>Damtoys

This guy has taste
>>
>>6097406
weird cause I get stuff within 5 days of payment

you live in australia or something?
>>
>>6098241
>online toy retailers enjoy high margins
top kek
>>
File: ToyWiz.jpg (50KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ToyWiz.jpg
50KB, 320x240px
>>6095334
You fucking kidding? BBTS is lightening fast in shipping compared to Toywiz...Plus Toywiz has absolutely ZERO customer service. They're a bunch of fucking pricks if you contact them or call them out for not updating status of preorders for figures.
>>
>>6096764
Amazon also charges sales tax; BBTS doesn't
>>
yup. very, very slow shipping. for some reason they don't use amazon like every other store to give 2-day shipping
>>
>>6096764
>not having prime

LMAO
>>
>>6098901
>zero customer service
>slow as shit to process and ship probably because they only have shipment pickups once every week or two
>obscene markups when they can get away with it, especially "imported" products
>sites look and function like ass like they're from 1998, take forever to load while serving probably a hundred people at any given time which is peas
>rip you off on shipping by charging the same or more than the general public does even though companies that ship frequently have deals with UPS and Fedex, which is why every single toy site uses UPS smartpost or some other garbage when USPS is faster 9/10 times

The toy market has tons of demand and the competition isn't steep, if they're not making money it's because they're garbage businesses run by human garbage, but even then some people will buy from them because some shill mentions them because he needs them pennies.
>>
>>6096844
But my family did, lol get fucked poorfags
>>
>>6098939
>list tons of "better" stores, competition isn't steep though
>tons of demand, that's why there are massive clearances everywhere
>hur their site is slow from 1999, dur I shop at TRU and HTS
my sides

Seriously, don't shop at BBTS. Have fun with Toy Wiz, Ami Ami, Entertainment Earth, or whoever.
>>
>BBTS always ships my shit a day after I order it
>all these people crying about them taking too long

I think there's something wrong with you people. BBTS ships faster than AmiAmi does even.
>>
>>6098939
You know what, I'll just ask.

What do you think a TF deluxe, SHF DBZ figure, and DC Icons figure wholesale for?

How many days, on average, do you think are between the date Hasbro, Bandai, and DCC advertise and actual delivery?

What do you think commercial base rate for a 1lb and 2lb package are?
>>
>>6099000
Also, try to list as many costs as you can think of beyond the cost of the product. There are at least 4 that I can think of off the bat.
>>
>>6099013
Last two I swear, both related to the first. What do you think is the minimum order quantity to qualify for those 3 prices? And what do you feel is a fair retail price for each?
>>
>>6095334
I was an Amazon pleb till I found BBTS.
[spoiler]still kinda am because BBTS is always out of stock, good for preorders though[/spoiler]
>>
>>6098983
>Toywiz

Now those are some assholes.How the hell do they stay in business?
>>
>>6099034
They used to host some very niche card tournaments so i can't complain
>>
>>6099000
>What do you think a TF deluxe, SHF DBZ figure, and DC Icons figure wholesale for?
Most manufacturers will negotiate on volume, this is a silly question. I'll still answer it tho. 60 to 70% of the MSRP or supplier's suggested prices.

>How many days, on average, do you think are between the date Hasbro, Bandai, and DCC advertise and actual delivery?
2-3 quarters

>What do you think commercial base rate for a 1lb and 2lb package are?
Again, they negotiate on volume. Some guy running an ebay shop is going to just use USPS priority or flat rate. I imagine a somewhat popular online only toy shipper will be paying 75 to 80% the average joe pays for similar services from UPS or Fedex, including discounts for using online services/printing your own labels, etc.
>>
>>6096895
Is this the new thing to do when someone on the internet doesn't agree with you?
>>
>>6097380
This is because they will have opened a warehouse somewhere in your state.

Blame state tax laws :(
>>
>>6099063

No, it's what people do when you're clearly wrong.
>>
>>6099013
Inventory management
Damaged products that they won't recover costs on
Packaging and shipping
Legal fees

There's 4 for you.

>>6099030
You're asking more open ended questions. And what three prices? Shipping discounts are going to be based more on weight and volume than number of items because commercial shippers' entire business model is based on profiting on add-on services like packaging, security features like tracking and signing, etc. A shop shipping enough to fill up a truck is probably going to get the steepest discounts.

Toys, probably several to a few thousand to a few tens of thousands of units from a manufacturer. Not a single product.
>>
>>6098919
That is because they have less wearhouse locations.
Coincidentally, This is also why they are slower at shipping items than Amazon
>>
>>6099076
Yup.
Got my answer.

Stay salty my friend.
>>
>>6099082

So you really are a shill then?
>>
>>6099030
>And what do you feel is a fair retail price for each?
For what? My point isn't about retail prices.

My point is that they often have garbage customer service; they have no or terrible promos; their storefronts lack basic features (sorting and search options) that even older catalog browser sites have; and they rarely prune out of production items and sometimes don't even update the status of out of stock items.
>>
>>6099117

Who are you complaining about again?
>>
>>6099124
All of them

They're all shit just like this hobby. I'm going back to RC
>>
File: 1475354875803.png (281KB, 545x566px) Image search: [Google]
1475354875803.png
281KB, 545x566px
>>6098939
What the flying hell?
What bizarre world do you live in?
Please explain your thought process in detail.
>>
>>6099036
>>What do you think a TF deluxe, SHF DBZ figure, and DC Icons figure wholesale for?
>Most manufacturers will negotiate on volume, this is a silly question. I'll still answer it tho. 60 to 70% of the MSRP or supplier's suggested prices.

Can I take this as you thinking the margin is exactly the same on all three classes (mainstream domestic, import, specialty domestic) of toy?

Do you also realize that most retailers don't charge MSRP? You've never seen List Price crossed out? Let me clue you in - those DC Icons you see listed for $21.99? The MSRP on them is $27.99. At a generous 40% margin, the wholesale would be $16.79. Wholesale doesn't include shipping to your store, by the way.

Oh, and it might be helpful to recall what happens to DCC toys. The line preceding icons was priced similarly...and sold for as little as $6-$9. Your profits on the initial sales has to account for the losses on the tail end.

>>6099117
>>And what do you feel is a fair retail price for each?
>For what? My point isn't about retail prices.
When you whine about margins, it's the margin between wholesale and retail. When you whine about high prices and scalping (because it's the only possible explanation for high prices), you're talking retail.

>>6099078
>Inventory management
>Damaged products that they won't recover costs on
>Packaging and shipping
>Legal fees
Add to that credit card processing fees, warehousing, rent/travel for events, advertising, and employees (if you're lucky to do enough volume to need them).
>>
>>6099156
Oh, and "free" shipping, which eats all of the difference between $16.79 and $21.99 when that's all you buy. The effect dissipates at higher volumes, unless you $150 purchase threshold is met with 2 Fort Maxes and you get fucked sideways even with a commercial shipping account.
>>
>>6099164
"Free" shipping is really a meme. Most places that offer it put a high threshold on it so that it doesn't factor in often but when it does at least they move alot of inventory. If you offer free shipping on a single purchase, you're bad at math, desperate, or both.
>>
I think the only people who really hate BBTS are poorfags who can't afford more than 1 toy at a time and thus lose out on the awesome POL.
>>
I never had an issue with their shipping speeds. From experience they pretty reliably got stuff out of the door on the next business day.

They take fucking forever to get stock though. You have to be an absolute madman to preorder stuff from them when you could buy it elsewhere fucking weeks in advance. The only thing they're good for is finding long sold out products, they're pretty good at keeping shit in stock when they finally get it.
>>
>>6104133
Wrong. Can't you read? You're poor if you can only buy one toy at a time and then have to cry about shipping. That's penny wise pound foolish, stepping over quarters to pick up nickels. Whereas if you saved your shekels to buy two or three together, the extra shipping is practically zero.

But look who I'm talking to, weeaboo neets shipping their imports over SAL (Slow Ass Logistics) and having an aneurysm over a day or two on a domestic order.
>>
>>6098939
>rip you off on shipping by charging the same or more than the general public does even though companies that ship frequently have deals with UPS and Fedex, which is why every single toy site uses UPS smartpost or some other garbage when USPS is faster 9/10 times

Do you even know what smartpost are? it's Fedex or UPS delivering to your USPS sorting station for your usps mailman to deliver your package. Also USPS what? express?, 2 day? 1 day, priority, 1st classs? what usps service are you comparing to smartpost?
>>
How does BBTS always get a ton of Walmart and other store exclusives? Like Masterpiece Skywarp, etc. Do they just send interns out to camp at stores all night or what.
>>
>>6098983
>>Entertainment Earth,

I keep emailing them like every other day to unsubscribe me even though my account says I am I also get these shitty catalogs like it's 1991 it's endless.
>>
>>6105001
Not sure about BBTS but other dealers used to trade for them. Before the bottom fell out on this stuff anyway. Also, most people apparently don't know this, but exclusives aren't always really exclusive.
>>
BBTS is fine for shipping speed, Its getting it out of the fucking warehouse that is the problem.

I got a mp star saber currently in warehouse and I ordered it a week ago.
>>
>>6106748
Anon you do know we just had a holiday right? Shit is gonna be slow right now.
>>
>>6106851
its not about the holiday delay, same shit happened with my fort max.
>>
>>6105007
>I also get these shitty catalogs like it's 1991 it's endless.

I use them as mouse pads
>>
>Still waiting on my Mikey S.H Figuarts
>Been pushed back 2 months now
>My entire turtle line up + Jason Voorhees is being held up for him

All to save a couple of bucks
>>
>>6096844
>prime
>scam

You seem bitter.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.