[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vintage Star Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I used to collect rare stuff. I made my own Han Solo in Stormtrooper gear when I was 12 years old in 1996 because the POTF Luke was going for around $120 loose. I still keep it in a special box. Any customs or rare vintage shit you still have?
>>
>POTF Luke was going for around $120 loose
thread about shit that never happened.
>>
>>6093797
>>6093884
With coin he's MAYBE worth 130. And even that is reaching. He's hovering around 100 these days.
>>
>>6093797
I had a couple Han Solo as Stormtrooper that you could only get from cereal boxes. At the time, they were worth about $20, pretty good for just cereal boxes. Got upset when my mom let some kid play with them and lost stuff (because parents don't know the difference between a collectible and off-the-shelf piece of crap)..
>>
I have an entire case of power of the force lukes MINT w/ coin. I've been living off my ebay sales of them since the early 00's. I got them in my settlement with Mattel over my lawsuit for loosing my eye after being shot with a missle from Boba Fett's backpack.
>>
I have dim memories of then i was really little and every single Star Wars vehicle got an action figure line toy and they were all awesome. Compared to nowadays where there are very few vehicles unless you count Lego.

Am I remembering things right?
>>
>>6093884
I didn't set the prices at The Comic Vault in 1995 you fucking toss. Lets see some more of the witty gif files that your sitting on.
>>
>>6094121
>makes fun of someone for posting an image on an image board
>can't even rotate his own image before posting
>>
>>6093797
Watch out! Kitty's gonna eat 'em.
>>
>>6093884
I hate these "things that never happened" fags

There is no price so absurd that someone hasn't demanded it for vintage star wars, and practically no price that some idiot wasn't able to pay

>>6093797
I actually like that custom OP. I would have done the same if I had a spare crappy luke to mess with. You picked the perfect Han head too. I would go with small head 78, or Bespin
>>
>>6093943
I was interested for the first two sentences of your cruel joke. See this interview: http://www.kennercollector.com/2014/03/kenner-collector-focus-interview-with-star-wars-collector-steve-denny/

D- So you were tripling the price on everything equally? Did you have any sense of which toys were hot at that point? Anything selling faster than others were? Luke Stormtroopers moving faster?

S- Not really. In the beginning I didn’t even really want to fool with the figures just because there were so many of them. I remember one time of passing up a whole box of Boba Fetts on Return of the Jedi cards that some woman had. There were maybe 24 in the box. I’d never seen a box that small. It wasn’t a regular sized box. At 50 cents apiece, I passed them up! Haha. I didn’t even want them. Haha. Boba Fetts! Didn’t know why this woman had all the same ones. But that was early on you know, when we started. Well the killer was this guy I came across before I even got into Star Wars. I would just go to the flea markets with my dad, before my son was born. This guy had the action stands, the first ones. $1 apiece. He must have had 100 of them. Buck apiece! I was like “look at that dad, that’s pretty cool, it’s only a dollar.” Nah, we went on by (Steve rolls his eyes). We were looking for baseball gloves or something. And then when I got into it, I was thinking oh man, this guy was sitting there with a truckload of them. He had them in white boxes, like mail-in boxes type things. He had tons of them. He probably ripped them off or they came out of Robertson. Who knows. But just thinking back, God, $1 apiece. Haha.
>>
>>6094613
Nothing to do with posting images. More so to do with you posting snarky or sassy reaction gifs as if this is Tumblr or black twitter.
>>
>>6093797
Cat haet starwar
>>
>>6095118
4chan invented that style of posting little man
>>
>>6093797
I had a Han Solo trooper with a removable helmet once. Sent away for it from Kix cereal in the mid 90s. Went on vacation and found the dog had chewed it up. I was pissed. It was the only SW toy I had as a kid. We never got toys unless it was Christmas or bdays. Fuck dogs.
>>
>>6093797
Did you carve the whole head off a regular trooper or take the head off a Luke Stormy?
>>
>>6093921
>>6095388
I have four of these. Also

>vintage
>1990s
>>
>>6095390
Cut the head off a Stormtrooper, filled the chest cavity with some kind of modeling plaster and used a big plastic push pin to throw the head onto.
>>
>>6093797
That's cool and all, but post more pictures of the kitty.
>>
>>6095765
Good idea. I would have wasted a Luke
>>
>>6093921
I had this one too. I had him in my bag to take to school one day (I was like 7 or 8) and my bag got stolen.

>the reality is my bag probably got tossed in the garbage by some asshole kids because children are cruel little people.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.