[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 86

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Post your questions and queries here instead of clogging up the board.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
s-l1600.jpg
1B, 486x500px
OP here, I'll start with a dumb one.

I've got £400 leftover from Christmas that's burning a hole in my pocket and I'm looking to buy my first hot toys figure.

I've been looking at the classic predator for a few days, and I'm 99% sure this is what I want. My dilemma is where to buy it from. He can be bought from UK sellers on eBay for £350, or overseas sellers for £225. My question is, is it worth saving £125 and buying from abroad? Like I said, this is my first hot toys so I don't know anything about bootlegs or knock-offs, or which retailers can be trusted.

This is the one I'm thinking of buying:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PREDATOR-CLASSIC-MMS-162-MMS-162-HOT-TOYS-HOTTOYS-FIGURE-VIP-GIFT-EV-AQ3444-/371825031512?hash=item56927fb958:g:rgMAAOSw-0xYYori
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
unnamed.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Can anyone ID this guy? Bottom of his foot says 1987 Bandai.
>>
>>6095684

Just looked through the Sentai and Metal Hero series toys from 1986 - 1988 and couldn't find anything.

I'm interested, hopefully someone leads you to it.
>>
>>6095684
looks like Kabuto from b-fighter, but without the faceplate
>>
File: IMG_5977.png (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_5977.png
1B, 486x500px
Can someone identify these?
>>
Where do people get 1/12 scale furniture that doesn't look like Fucking Polly pocket dollhouse bullshit.
>>
File: queen8.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
queen8.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Any place where I can get a piece similar to the one in the middle on the top the plastic with the balls at the end of each other, I can't find anything close to that plastic piece and the one I have broke, its for the red xenomporh queen.
>>
File: descarga (1).jpg (1B, 486x500px)
descarga (1).jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6093043
Can someone tell where can I get these??
>>
>>6097321
If you're American, send Neca customer service a message on Twitter and ask for a replacement piece.
>>
>>6093043
Why are you concerned with "clogging up the board" when the thread at the bottom of the catalog was last bumped four and a half days ago?
>>
>>6098443
Because seeing dozens of threads with 5~ posts (3 being from the OP bumping his own dumbass question) with a blurry pic accompanied by some stupid title 'HOW MUCH IS THIS KENNER STAR WARS FIGURE WORTH' or 'WHAT IS THIS FIGURE FROM?' annoys me.
>>
For those who paint models, what do you do during the winter? Do you assemble it and wait until a warm day or do you just risk it?
>>
>>6098459
this.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1B, 486x500px)
Untitled.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6093061
As usual, Japan has my back (and my wallet)

Even if I get hit by import charges I'll be saving money compared to buying on ebay.
>>
>>6097362
ebay? There's probably some makaimura keshi on there right now

I've always wanted to collect keshi but they're way too damn expensive for what they are
>>
File: optimus mouse.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
optimus mouse.jpg
1B, 486x500px
I remember having these things that came with some weapons and a shield thingy. The head, shield, and torso were chromed. Not sure if the arm weapon was chromed.
There were three of these, one with a mouse head, one with a tiger head, and one with a dragon head. I really don't remember the exact details of their designs so this is as close as I can make it.
Also their boxart implied they were piloted.

Are these from a toyline or just some random decently executed bootlegs?
>>
I didn't want to spam the Marvel General with this since it often gets lost among their posts.
Can someone test if Marvel Legends MCU Ant-Man's head fits on the AM2 Electro neckjoint?
>>
For tag teams, should I pitch in the extra money for Elites or am I just wasting my money and go for the Battle Packs in Mattel WWE figures. Main team I want right now are the Dudleys (Favorite tag team of all time)

Pic somewhat related
>>
>>6098977
Elites are always better (with wrestling figures what you want is articulation so they can.actually be posed to wrestle) but the Dudley Battle Pack at least comes with a nice table.
>>
File: 1131201682348.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1131201682348.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6098584
I fucking love EMS, even though it cost the same as an average figma...

Pray with me now lads, don't let those customs taxing parcelforce bastards take it away from me.
>>
I placed and paid for an order on HLJ on the 28th and I still haven't recieved any shipping notice. Is this normal? What's the average waiting time for HLJ to ship stuff out?
>>
>>6099787
It's probably because of the time of year. They can take up to 3 days anyways, so you might be waiting until Monday.
>>
>>6099016
Well shit. I noticed a Dudley Battle Pack for half price what it would cost for both the Elites so I thought I'd be able to snag a deal (T. extreme poorfag that by the time I can actually save up for a figure it's double the price because it's vaulted or whatever the fuck they call it). Hopefully I'll be able to get $40 together for those Elites
>>
How is it that, in an era where toy collectors from all over the globe can connect through a forum at any time, all of the time, discussion is sparse at best?

Is there a better or more active toy forum?
>>
File: ayyy.gif (1B, 486x500px)
ayyy.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>6093043
>Any good Fullmetal Alchemist figures worth owing that aren't super crazy expensive?
>Anyone own Gurren Lagan figures? I saw one on Amazon that looked pretty dope.
>Where do I but 1/12th scale accessories for my figures?
>Is it better to save up and buy a bunch of figures or buy them slowly over time?
>How do I not look like an autist for owning Jap figmas like Fullmetal alchem,ost and Gurren Lagan?

I'm trying for once to get into /toy/ instead of just looking at other peoples collection, please send help...and money

>Will I ever stop being broke?
>>
File: IMG_2211.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_2211.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Are there other figures of women wearing full motorcycle gear?
>>
>>6100540
Yeah, Elites are better articulated, biggest difference being ball hips (elite) vs t-crotch (basic)
>>
>>6098443
See:

>>6103711
>>6103698
>>6103703

This board has enough shitposting without newfags posting low quality content.
>>
File: 56109.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
56109.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6100727
>>
>>6097070
There's a lot of places to get them. It depends what look you like. Even just eBay has a lot, Amiami and HLJ too. Just search "1/12" or "1/12 doll" and furniture should come up
>>
>>6099787
Yes this is normal. Just check you didn't send it to Private Warehouse by accident or something though!
>>
>>6095684
White Blaster BeetleBorg figure.
>>
>>6097063
They're shitty, worthless garbage. I'll take them off you for 5 bucks each.
>>
>>6099787
>wont be back until Jan 5th
>>
The neck of my F/GO Scathach figure is snapped. What should I use to fix it? I'm worried superglue will cause frosting.
>>
Just bought Neca Deadpool. My first 1/4 scale figure. Can someone recommend a good stand for it? I looked on ebay and saw a jerry-rigged coathanger some asshole is selling for $13
>>
>>6098714
Battle Beasts, maybe?
>>
File: Kabuto.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Kabuto.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6095684
Kabuto from B-Fighter
>>
I need a little help with identifying a toy from my childhood. My grandpa bought it for me in a thrift store when i was around 7 and since i lost it when moving homes. It was rather large (around 6 inches long) and it clearly was a part of some kind of set given how it had studs on its legs for something (a rider?) to link with. The tail could be pushed and it made wings lift and something happen with the mouth (was it shooting something?). Body was made of hard plastic but i remember legs being a little bit more elastic (but i can remember it wrong).
>>
>>6093043
How do you guys clean your toys? I have so many of them and they get so dusty I usually just get a container of soapy hot water and dump them in for a second before pulling them out and letting them dry. Do you think this'll hurt the paint if I do it enough?
>>
File: Byron_1_large.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Byron_1_large.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Friend is in Japan so I asked him to pick me up one of these for me if he can. If he can't, where can I find them here in Murrica, specifically southern California? I don't know much about them other than they're cute as hell and pic related are part of a series of toys called VAG (kek) - Vinyl Artist Gacha. I've also seen bigger and more beautiful models but I don't know the prices of them because they're difficult to find online (and when I do the website is japanese or a toy website with little information).

I tried looking online and I found one website that sells them individually, but everything else just sells them in sets that are a bit over my budget.

Closest weeby place to me is Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. There are like 3 Jungle stores with a lot of Godzilla collectibles (pic related is apparently a kaiju) and one artsy toy shop. Might be my best bet but I don't know if they sell these. Does anyone by any chance know?
>>
>>6105201
Here's an example of the bigger versions. They come in all sorts of colors and designs.
>>
>>6100575
I can only answer 2 of those but here it goes.
I have the Arc Gurren Lagann from Revoltech, it's my least favorite figure even though I love the design, so that's that.
As for looking like an autist, either don't give a shit or try to set them up as decoration.
>>
>>6105190
Mild hand Soap should be okay. Just don't use anything with solvents like window cleaners or antiseptic soap.

You also need some mechanical action to be effective. Scrubbing with a used soft bristle toothbrush works. I usually stick whatever toy that can fit into my ultrasonic cleaner.
>>
Where can i buy nude/lewd, fully articulated anime figures?
>>
>>6105201
Its not that particular release, but I found an older drop with the same mold.

http://www.myplasticheart.com/pc/VAGS9RANGERON//Vinyl+Artist+Gacha+Series+9+%3A+Rangeron

The bigger ones usually resell for around $70+, which isn't bad considering its Japanese vinyl and it retails for around $35. Be careful though, friend. Sofubi is a steep, slippery slope.
>>
File: Byron-GID.png (1B, 486x500px)
Byron-GID.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6106201
Thanks!

I ended up looking more into it last night and found a whole world I didn't know existed....so I get what you mean with the "slippery slope" comment, haha. Everything looks so unique and beautiful.
>>
Ya know that new Voltron you can assemble with the five lions?

Can you mix and match the limbs or are they set in their position?
>>
>>6093043
My figma sucks what a meme company
>>
>>6106574
Which figma anon?
>>
Is Mandarake still the best place to get Tamashii Web Shop exclusives? And older stuff that's sold out in the usual stores?
>>
>>6104783
Nah.
It was a spindly mecha kind of figure. The proportions of the drawing are mostly accurate.
>>
>>6106567
At best you could probably switch the legs with each other.
>>
What's a good way to hang Funko Reaction cards on walls? I was thinking some kind of tape. but I don't want it to peel the back if I have to take it off at some point.
>>
File: 43127.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
43127.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6107422
Hate ReAction but maybe you can buy store displays like wire grids + their pegs and just hang your carded collection on there. You could probably get a 6' grid wall and its pegs for less than a hundred + shipping. Not sure about wall mounted ones.
>>
Really gripey question.

Why do people post pictures with their grimy hamhands holding their figure. Really grinds my gears.

Can't be bothered to clip and clean his hands.
>>
>>6107478
I've seen worse nails than that.

Also because its "easier" than having the figure standing on their own 2 feet, bet mouth breathers like your chap leave them in a box
>>
>>6097063
prototype of space rabbit wr7 by candy meteor i guess, I just reverse google searched it. i dont really know how to get them
>>
>>6093043
Beginner at plamo here, I fucked up on setting decals, I thought they were simply stickers and I didn't know they were this crucial. Where can I find extra?
>>
Is Graphitti Designs' Hellboy figure any good?

I've been wanting a Hellboy figure, particularly a comic Hellboy, for a while, and have probably missed the boat on getting a Mezco figure for any sort of reasonable price.

It's an older figure so I'm not expecting incredible articulation or anything, nor is that really something I need from the figure, but are there any major flaws keeping it from being worth buying?
>>
File: IMG_6811.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_6811.jpg
1B, 486x500px
I picked this up at a flea market for $5. Yes, I'm aware that it's Kamen Rider Black, but I can't find anything about this specific figure online because I can't read the damn box. Any one see this before?
>>
>>6111764
i think it's the one that can interact with the TV screen

go download some random episode and skip right to henshin scene and see if it's working
>>
>>6104931
Decade when these were produced would help a lot.
>>
>>6111778
Well, shit i forgot to said when it was. I got it somewhere in late '90 so obviously it couldn't be made later.
>>
>>6111079
Ehh, ended up going for it anyway. It came out to about $20 shipped so it's not like if I'm disappointed with it I wasted too much money.
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
everyone ever just sleep on their toys?
>>
>>6100575
Super Robot Chogokin's Gurren Lagann and Drillset of Manliness are fucking sweet, just try not to go over $150
>>
I found this on /toy/ and tried image searching it with no success. My accessories are getting unbelievably messy, does anyone know where I can buy this or something like it?
>>
I've got $150 in Amazon funbucks and I can't figure out what to get. Pic related is my current collection. I'd appreciate any suggestions, especially for stuff not in any of these lines.
>>
File: MFC.png (1B, 486x500px)
MFC.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6116709
And forgot pic. Nailed it.
>>
>>6116706
I want this too.
>>
>>6116706
Nvm, for some reason the "search image on google" button 4chan gave me worked while searching the image through google manually didn't
>>
>>6116712
Go Jojo or go home, I would suggest Jonathan
>>
>>6116706
lowes or home depot
>>
>>6116706
I use these, work pretty well, just have to remember where everything is or label it yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-10144-20-Inch-16-Inch-Hardware/dp/B003P2UOCO
>>
>>6116718
but

but i have jonathan. he's between the two karate bugs in that pic.
>>
>>6116712
Giorno and Josuke need their stands
>>
File: DSC_2318s.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC_2318s.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6116706

I like using these type of cases because of the adjustable compartment size. Easily found in any arts and crafts store in the jewelry/bead making aisle.
>>
File: 1483857909576.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1483857909576.jpg
1B, 486x500px
What would be the best material to repair this part on my Figuarts Battle Droid? Epoxy? Super glue?

It is a moving part, it moves with the torso when it's posed. It arrived partially broken and split apart after some testing.
>>
>>6116712
Are you avoiding Part 3 Jotaro because of the manlet syndrome?
Since you have Jojo's 1, 2, 4 and 5 I'd suggest him, Part 4 version would do the job, I suppose, or Gappy/Jolyne.
>>
>>6117065
also in walmart sporting goods depts, for fishing tackle
>>
File: pinvice.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
pinvice.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6117080

Personally I'd pin it since it's going to be under stress as you move it and just gluing it will probably just lead to it breaking again.

You'd need a pinvice like pick related, a small enough bit and then something to actually use as the pin. A paperclip or something should do.

I've repaired a few of my toys this way, it's the best method IMO.
>>
>>6116725
Get the rest of the jojos, I think Gappy is up for an ok price on amazon.
>>
File: usefulboxorg.png (1B, 486x500px)
usefulboxorg.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6116706
I've been using these little storage containers called "really useful boxes" for about 3 years now and I love em. They're sold individually or you can get them in slide out containers that hold 16, which is what I always get.

They're great for housing extra accessories like hands and faces, and only really fall short in terms of bigger parts like capes, huge swords, and larger body-sized accessories. Plus the smallest print setting on windows default printing application is the perfect size for printing out labels.

I'm up to about 12 now, which hold about 192 separate containers, which is more than enough. You can find em online for around $15-$20, but they're sold at hobby stores like AC Moore too.
>>
>>6117017
they have their stands, you just can't see them :^)

>>6117176
Actually, I've been mostly avoiding Jotaro because I had and sold one previously and I don't want to admit my mistake and buy the same thing twice. I'm not even sure I'm gonna keep the Jojo theme going, I have a bad habit of getting into themes like that without caring too much about the characters.

>>6117638
See above. I don't even like Giorno or Joseph that much, certainly not my favourite characters from their parts.
>>
>>6106453

The Gashapon versions are available in machines at Mandarake. That's where I got mine. They sometimes sell out fast.

If your friend is in Osaka, there's a street in Denden town, same one as Jungle, that has a few gashapon hole in the walls that also had these.
>>
>>6093043
What's so good about Monopoly? I've heard it praised by /toy/ denizens in other boards before and came here wondering.
>>
Does anyone know of any decent places to buy individual Petit Nendoroids? I have a few of the Love Live ones and would like to gather a complete set, but the best I can find outside of overpriced eBay auctions is places selling entire boxes of 10. Or would I just be better off getting a box and selling the duplicates?
>>
>>6106740
Yup. Amiami's preowned section is often pretty good for Tamashii Web stuff as well; they don't have the 500Y fee for totals that are under 5000Y and you don't have to worry about which store the items are shipping from.
>>
>>6116712
Between the Bluefin prices and Prime shipping, Amazon is pretty great for Gunpla. The HG IBO kits are fun as hell and pretty cheap.
>>
>>6117746
I'm kinda indefinitely done with gunpla. The two I have were gifts, I've gotten rid of all the other kits I've done. I just got to that point where I wasn't satisfied with how much work I was putting in, but I couldn't justify spending a bunch of money on paints and and airbrush and all of that to maybe stretch the hobby out a bit more.
>>
>>6117743
I've never been hit with the ¥5000 yen fee, is that because all my purchases have been from Sahra?
>>
>>6117890
*¥500
>>
>>6117890
They cut it out entirely last year, I guess they figured the extra smaller orders would be worth the labor involved in shipping 800 yen orders.
>>
>>6117595
I am not sure about this. The part is pretty small. Do they even make bits that thin?
>>
Saw in another thread someone saying 3A qc is "shit". Could I get a second opinion?
>>
Why no Tsum thread?
>>
>>6098724
A-anyone?
>>
Can I order from multiple stores in the same order on Jungle, or does it work like Mandarake's stores?
>>
>>6119075
Pretty sure it's the same as Mandarake. They're not going to combine your order if three of your items are in three different stores.
>>
Anyone know of a joint replacement part I could use for rio bone figures?

More specifically the Panty and Stocking figures as their hand joints look fairly flimsy and mine have started to bend a bit from just swapping out the hands and I don't want to risk breaking them.
>>
>>6119238
Alright, thanks. I figured that was the case, but I couldn't find anything about it in the FAQ.
>>
>>6105201
Oh hey I have one of those its half brown and pink.
>>
>>6118130
Can confirm, 3A QC a shit anon.
>>
>>6097070

I get most of mine through miniatures.com. I'd suggest requesting a catalog. They have coupons and will randomly send surprise 20-30% off coupons, too. Also had a good experience with a refund; sent a picture of the broken cake dish and they didn't need me to return it before sending out a new one.

Amazon third party stores occasionally have gems, especially if you're willing to paint a little.
>>
>>6118130
>>6120748
Thirded
>>
>>6093043
>Why no Tsum thread?
Stack stack thread when?
>>
Anyone ever done a return with HLJ before? Thoughts? How long is their turnaround from when they receive your return?
>>
>>6122291
I returned a figure years ago. They refunded my order two days after they received the item. They never refunded the return cost though. Fuck them.
>>
Just placed an order with Jungle 2 days ago. I've never used them before, so how long does it usually take for them to send a payment request?
>>
>>6123341
Bumping, I need an answer on this. My paranoia is beginning to kick in.
>>
>>6117702
It's the best way to turn a get together into a crime scene. People have lost friendships over that game.
>>
>>6124168
Is it a meme to say that or are there stories I can read about people legitimately loosing friends over monopoly
>>
>>6123341
>>6123418
Usually 2-4 days for me.
>>
What are some cute little poseable figures under 3 inches with little accessories and stuff?

Been looking at the desktop army sets but they're so expensive, I want a little pocket figure to take pictures and stuff of.
>>
>>6124326
Pose Skeletons are the first thing that come to mind. Bandai also does a lot of little posable candy toys if you're into things like Gundam or Kamen Rider.
>>
my package has been stuck in this one post office for like 4 days now, should I be panicking yet
>>
>>6125935
1. Where did you order it from?
2. What shipping option did you choose?
3. Where are you from?
>>
>>6125940
amiami, airmail, tn

it's been stuck in the post office right after customs since the 9th
>>
>>6124326
Mega Bloks guys. Halo, CoD, Destiny, Walking Dead, TMNT. I've got a few of the Halo guys, and they've got balljointed head, arms, and legs, and swivel elbows, hands, waist, and knees. They're not perfect, but for cheap guys, they're pretty good.
>>
>>6125941
Call your post office, it shouldn't take that long to process your package.
>>
>>6125956
call my own post office or the one where the package is?
>>
>>6125976
The one where your package is.
>>
I don't collect Transformers so when you guys talk about classes like 'Voyager' and shit i have no idea what you mean. Is there a listing out there anywhere that explains the terms?
>>
>>6126375
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Size_class#Size_class_chart

The tldr for current lines is
3" legends
6" deluxe
8" Voyager
10" leader
>>
>>6126393
Thanks, that explains some things.

Strange choices for names, though. I would figure 'Deluxe' to be one of the higher classes and not one of the lower.
>>
>>6126450
If I had to guess, it's a holdover from the 90's when it went basic > deluxe > mega > ultra. Basics were five bucks, deluxes were ten, and most kids rarely got stuff bigger than that. "Deluxe" was all about that perceived value for their most popular price point.
>>
>>6126456
The scout, voyager, leader names came about during TF:Cybertron to fit with the adventure, space exploration theme...they don't really match anything after that but Hasbro kept using them anyhow.
>>
What is the best place to buy Masterpiece Transformers without getting a bootleg or overcharged?
>>
>>6126604

Well, pick your poison:
HLJ/AmiAmi where shipping will fuck your asshole if you want tracking and your product in a timely manner.

US based shops like BBTS/TFS/etc who will charge you more before they imported it for you, but you'll probably get your shit much faster even with snail mail shipping.
>>
what's the name for this

i know this is one of those korean transformers but i can't find the exact toy
>>
>>6126604
Depends where you are, Japanese sellers are usually the safest bet (hobby search, hobby link japan, amiami) but shipping from them directly *might* be costly depending on where you are, I personally use hobby link japan's private warehouse service and bulk order heaps of shit so its not as painful in the long run.

Where are you based anon, I'm in Australia and use Premium collectables, they offer free shipping if orders are over $100 (so most of the larger transformers masterpieces are free shipping) and doing the early bird pre-orders (as in watching their facebook/instagram updates on when listings go up) gives good discounts (I got delta magnus the ultra magnus repaint for $140aud, that's pretty good for such a huge asshole)

Only problem is they can be a tad "slow" when shipping and responding to emails, some patrons are still waiting on mp ramjet after all this time though some last month reported getting theirs in, still waiting on my mp primal myself.

Mind you if you want the exclusives its big bad toy shop/tf express/premium colelctables/robot kingdom and you WILL pay more because they essentially buy directly from the takara tomy mall then resell back to you (and you'd need a proxy to do this yourself as the takara tomy mall is a japanese only webshop)

As always, AVOID ebay, I've gotten lucky and only gotten one bootleg but managed to get it refunded down to the price of a retail voyager
>>
>>6104931
That really looks like Spider-Man's Sneak Attack.
>>
>>6116658
When I was 7.
>>
>>6104931
>>6112320

>80s
>bug toy made for a rider

It's from Sectaurs.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
s-l1600.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6104931
>>6126861
But his drawing is spot on.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
s-l1000.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6104931
Are these the pegs you're looking for?
>>
What are the /toy/ archive sites again?
>>
>>6126879
nyafuu
>>
>>6117680
Not that guy but Gappy's face isn't right on the figure.
>>
>>6117680
>>6126897
Meant for >>6117176 and >>6117638
>>
>>6126840
I live in Kentucky.
I think I am going to go with amiami and throw in a figma or two to make the shipping hurt a little less.

Thanks guys.
>>
can someone identify this teddy bear
i cover the paws and feet because the plaid pattern was starting to fall apart.
>>
Are RAHs just giant dolls?
I'm seeing a few Crows ones that I kinda want, but I've never been a doll person.
>>
>>6127884
They're dollies for girls and sissy boys who love ruffly dresses and diapers.

Which one are you, anon?
>>
>>6127945
Neither?
>>
Who this?
>>
>>6128177
that's zodd from berserk. couldn't tell you the exact toy like, maybe the art of war line?
>>
>>6128177
>>6128193
Haha! I was right -and- it's on MFC!

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/2228
>>
>>6128193
>>6128197

You magnificent anon. Thanks!
>>
>>6128200
You're welcome, baby. If that thing's from a pre-owned shop, I'd go ahead and deal with not having the weapons and get it if it's interesting you. I've never seen Art of War shit pop up in places.
>>
From a collectable standpoint, do you guys keep the cardboard box that the actual toy/figure box comes in?

I've still got the cardboard box my 3zero t45 power armour came in and it has the weights as well as DESCRIPTION:FALLOUT 4 T45 POWER ARMOUR (EXCLUSIVE) on it. wondering if there's any future reason to keep it . What do you say /toy/?
>>
>>6128262

Boxes are useful if you're moving, or if you plan to sell it later at some point. I keep my boxes (as I might move one day because I live in a shitty apartment), but if you're not having to move, or are 100% sure you'll never sell that thing, you can probably chuck the box with no worries.
>>
>>6128262
my house is about 16 feet wide, so i get rid of every box that isn't particularly neat or useful
there's just not enough room to keep them without a good reason
>>
>>6128262
Depends on the box ... Some times I like to use elements of the packaging to make displays, posters, things like that
>>
Is anyone else not receiving emails from Jungle? I know they're switching their international site around in a couple days, but I'm not sure if that's the problem or something with my email.
>>
>>6128262
I only keep certain boxes.

Neca, Black Series, world of Nintendo, pretty much all of my 'low end' toys packaging gets thrown away. The exception being Neca ultimate figures which come in really nice uniform boxes with a velcro flap on the front.

Figma, Figuarts, Mafex, Revoltech and Hot Toys boxes are all kept so I can rotate my display while keeping all accessories accounted for, and potentially sell them on if I ever wanted/needed to.
>>
>>6124326
The megaman candy toys?
>>
Anyone have a size comp between the Funko Pop Big Daddy and some regular action figures?
>>
>>6126840
I'm guessing you didn't get a full refund because you didn't want to pay return shipping?
>>
>>6126856
>>6126873
>>6126877
Thanks! That's him!
>>
Where to buy old chap mei stuff? I want that cool van from polic vs bad guyz that was also offered by true heroes. Either one is fine but can't find shit on ebay.

Is there a secret trading/buying place out there on the net for chap mei stuff?
>>
Which figure of Chris Redfield is better, PAK or Neca? I'm concerned about QC issues with an older PAK and the Neca one is less expensive, but if the PAK is good I'll get it.
>>
>>6137687
Neca is you want a better sculpt, PAK if you want articulation. Also keep scale in mind, if you ever want some zombies for him to shoot, Neca scale has more figures in that range.
>>
>>6137690
Thanks, anon. I was leaning toward the Neca one, but wasn't sure if the PAK was worth the extra money.
>>
what are the chances the USD shoots up in value after the inauguration? might be a good time to buy that figma I've been lookin at..
>>
Is the soc voltron worth it? Where the fuck can i pre order the 29th anniversary digivice?
>>
File: IMG_0330.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0330.jpg
1B, 486x500px
I know /toy/soldiers have more experiences with usps than I do, so perhaps you can help me with my issue: I ordered from bbts using usps express delivery (my only option). Before packets have arrived normally with no issues.

This time it has taken some time and I decided to use order tracking. Pic related. I dont understand the latest status. Did my packet leave back to US, or was something left behind and is now being delivered? At least I didnt receive any kind of notification from anywhere. Please help me understand.
>>
How long does it take for JapanPost to settle an insurance claim?

>USPS lost my package in the beginning of December
>I started the claim halfway through the month
>I got the form from USPS to confirm I never received it and faxed AND mailed it back to them right before New Year's

And I've heard absolutely nothing since then. Is this an "any day now" situation or do I need to poke AmiAmi for a status update?
>>
>>6139999
I have the same problem, i usually receive packages fast, but this time usps has me waiting a month already. It said almost two weeks ago that it was already in my country but never updated from there. My post office says it's not even in the country yet...
>>
Is bad dragon /toy/ approved?
Any models you guys recommend?
>>
>>6140039
hmmm.. could it be an issue in their tracking system then.Maybe it tracks the supposed optimal packet route instead of actual movement of the packet. They have some kind of maintenance going on this weekend as well that COULD be causing this.

But whhat confuses me is the use of word departed. It would lead me to believe something is only just now leaving chicago. But why would this come AFTER my countrys customs if it not a return trip...
>>
>>6093043
I've got one, OP.

I'm looking for some RC watercraft that is capable of towing a max of 1 pound on a separate raft.

First, some background.

My home board is /k/. There's a quarterly meet up happening in about a month. This particular one is going to include land with a small pond acting as a nice, natural firing line and geographical divider. It has long been tradition to blow something up with tannerite, but those are always static. Since this will NOT be static, some form of boat or another to act as a tugboat to my one-time-use popsicle stick (or other stick; it's a fucking forested area) raft carrying .5 - 1.0 pound explosive charge with about 30 feet of fishing line.

I've only just begun research, and I'm on a budget (since I don't expect the tugboat to survive very long once the bullets start to fly). I ran across pic related in a local Wal-Mart, and reviews show it's capable of amphibious activity out of the box, but I don't know about a few other things.

-2.4 GHz is a decent freq, but it doesn't explain a max distance of transmission.
-rechargeable batteries are great, but I don't know the power drain on this 3.7v/450mAh, or how long it takes to fully recharge (some places say an hour, though)
-max speed is not listed, but video shows about 3-5 knots
-if it comes to it, I can rig it to drag a target out somewhere and release it to preserve the thing

Thoughts? Can I find better? Is there something more accessible that I haven't looked at?
>>
>>6144613
Why not just tug the raft with fishing line?
>>
>>6144620
While technically a moving target, tugging it with fishing line is difficult when dealing with a pond that's 100m across and 600m long.

Firing line is on the right side, at the widest part of the pond, firing across to the westmost part
>>
>>6144620
>>6144633
It's also not advised to be within 100 feet per pound of tannerite.
>>
>>6114543
Post about it when you get it. It looks like its made of cheap hollow plastic, but I'm curious about getting it too. I missed out on Mezco also
>>
File: 1446932624306.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1446932624306.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Does anyone know how long it takes for mail from Thailand to reach the states? USPS says its registered mail.

The tracking says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" and it hasn't updated in over two weeks.
>>
>>6093043
Play Arts Kai - Quiet.
There are knock offs of this figure, can anyone help me out with a resource for comparing between KO and original?
>>
File: 7-7.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
7-7.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Anyone know where the effect part is from?
>>
>>6147692
You have anywhere from a week to two or three more. It's basically stuck in customs right now, most likely. Once you see it in a U.S. location that should mean it left customs.
>>
I want to pick up either the revoltech or chogokin Gurren Lagann figure. I like the overall look of the revoltech more, and I have no problem with revoltech joints. On the other hand, the chogokin seems to be of a much nicer quality in terms of paunt and build. Thoughts and opinions?
>>
>>6155118
Figuarts Den-O axe form.
>>
>>6155420
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>6155133
Thanks, man. It just updated today and said it was at an USPS center in NY. I'm guessing it was in customs for two weeks and no one bothered to scan it.
>>
File: f97eaa887e.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
f97eaa887e.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Can someone id the blue alien in the top left please
>>
>>6156272
That's the Mutant from This Island Earth.

One of the last classic monster movies...terrible movie, but still, classic. MST3K did their feature film with that one.
>>
>>6156272
>>6156341
To be specific, it's the Diamond Select Metaluna Mutant. I should get one of those eventually.
>>
I need a girls' head to swap with the helmet for this figure, do any of you have advice? The ball is much bigger than marvel legends girls.
>>
>>6093043
I hab question.
I just picked up a new compressed air cam for cleaning my PC, but now I'm wondering if this is safe for using on my figures too.
>>
>>6157725
yes.

i have one that i use for cleaning my transformers
>>
>>6157815
Not shinkis, they have different joints, maybe custom yotsuba with shinki heads though.
>>
what toys come with a electric guitar, preferrably ones that resembles a stratocaster

I ask cause I want to make "Blue" from Green Day
>>
>>6159460
Go find a guitar hero guitar set!
>>
>>6155393
pls reply
>>
>>6159460

What scale? I know for a while there was a line of just guitars like 1/12th or so, I bought several. Not sure what they were called though.
>>
>>6160366
1/12
>>
>>6118130
You're ugly too.
>>
File: rodney.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
rodney.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162780
Ooh I tell ya. What a rough crowd. I don't get no respect. No respect at all.
>>
File: lancelot gk.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
lancelot gk.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Best type of paint for garage kits?

Making a lancelot garage kit.
>>
>>6162995
Try the gunpla, plamo, or customs thread
>>
>>6163011
Thanks
>>
How do I disassemble this kotobukiya figure? the arm and torso wont come loose
>>
ok, what is the best base to make a Duke Nukem figure?

ML Marvel's Nuke?

also, does anyone who has the NECA Duke Nukem, take a reference pic of him next to some other figures? (like Mattel, Marvel Legends, etc.)
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Are theses vinyls any good I've seen them at stores and have been considering getting them
>>
I need toy tentacles rape monsters, preferably with posable tendrils . I only know of pic related and that clan leader predator
>>
Ordered something from YAJ via Zenmarket. It's already arrived at their warehouse and I've set up a parcel for it to ship out.

How long does it normally take for them to confirm it? It's been stuck on "Awaiting confirmation" for about 3 days now.
>>
>>6159460
k-on figmas
>>
what was that 90s building toy called where the brightly colored pieces were triangular shaped and you could make polyhedral type stuff out of them? It wasn't K'Nex.
>>
Super newfag question.

What's with Medicom 1/6th scale figures being so much cheaper than Sideshow and Hot Toys?
I'm looking for a "definitive" Boba Fett to add to my collection, not sure whether I should be spending $100 or $300.
>>
>>6167093
different materials also SS and HT are just jews
>>
>>6167099
>Different materials

Different meaning lower quality? Please elaborate.
>>
I want to get a Queen's Blade Revoltech but I've been burned by their quality enough times in the past that the only one I still own is bandaged Rei. Are the QBs any better?

Pic is which two I'm deciding between.
>>
>>6167251
QB Revoltechs are made completely differently than that old shitty Rei. There's no comparison. Choose one of the Legacy reissues in the skinny yellow boxes because the older original releases have shitty joints that fall apart. Don't get Leina because she's the oldest and shittiest and has no reissue.
>>
Best website to buy 1/12 scale swords boys and overall weapons?
>>
>>6167334
The most recent Revoltech I got was one of the later Kenshiro ones, and even that wasn't very well-made. Have the Legacy figures improved since then?
>>
>>6167075
still wondering what these were.
>>
Does ScottimusPrime have a mental disorder or is he just a failure at life???
>>
>>6167949
literally who?
>>
>>6167165
i personally dont fuck with medicom so i dont have an opinion on them, but its a meme to call hot toys money grubbers, theyre probably the highest quality in what they do. i have the new deluxe Boba by Hot toys and its great my dude.
>>
>>6156943
diamond select marvel figures are around the same size, look at some of those.
>>
File: 1484836896423.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1484836896423.jpg
1B, 486x500px
I have a question. I'm new to collecting so can someone tell me what Web exclusive is? Sorry for the dumb question. Pic not related
>>
>>6167985
Some toys in some toylines have store exclusives (walmart exclusive, target exclusive, TRU exclusives, etc.). Some of these exclusives are only available through certain websites, like Premium Bandai exclusive goods can only be obtained through p-bandai.jp, thus web-exclusive.
>>
>>6167993
Oh that makes sense. Thanks anon. I also heard that Web exclusives can't be reissued or something like that and to get them as they come out. What's up with that?
>>
>>6167251
If you're going to buy Leina,keep in mind that she's quite small compared to the others- the closest to actual 1:12 scale .

She's like my 1:12 Chirico's tag team partner in my collection
>>
>>6168040
For P-bandai exclusives, they are mostly made-to-order. Meaning they'll open a window to solicit preorders, and once the window closes, that's it. (you can still buy them from resellers/shops that ordered extra)

They will sometimes reissue stuff that's high in demand, but rarely.
>>
>>6168267
Ooooh ok. Thanks for clearing that up anon
>>
File: Down the tube.jpg (369KB, 530x945px) Image search: [Google]
Down the tube.jpg
369KB, 530x945px
>>6093043
Got this little desktop aquarium going and I wanna put something in it. Any suggestions for a toy that'll be dwarf frog/betta friendly and not fall apart under water?

Bonus points if it'll double as frog-shelter

Rogue for scale.
>>
>>6171495
honestly pretty much anything is going to leech chemicals into the water
>>
>>6172127
So all those aquarium dodads like sunken ships, pirate chests and skeletons that are in thousands of fishtanks all over the world are killing poor fishies by the millions?
Horseshit.
It's faux paranoia and fear mongering. Like people being terrified of KO figures from China because of "lead paint" poisoning.

>>6171495
All you need to do is wash whatever you put in there really well and let it dry, then have at it. It's not made of industrial grade toxic waste. It's not going to kill your fish.
>>
>>6172149
Lemme tell you a story senpai. Back when I was kid my dad bought us a fishtank when we moved in to our new home. He got some rocks from outside, boiled them to clean them from disease, and lined the tank with them. The fish died.
He tries again. More dead fish. And again. He asks the pet store clerk what's going on. I shit you not, the guy tells us that the soil has been infused with so much chemicals since my dad's childhood and mine that its toxic to the fish.
Be careful, my guy. Some fish are really sensitive to these things.
>>
>>6173164
Sucks your land is so polluted. I've got a tank running right behind me with lots of local stone I picked up in my yard and the nearby park.

It's a good idea to 1. choose stone that's not porous (mine is quartzite and schist) and 2. ideally as ph neutral as possible (no limestone unless you want chiclids or other fish that tolerate it well)
>>
>>6173164
That sucks, my rocks are the $6 jar at petsmart kind...

That being said, I doubt some plastic and paint is holding the same amount of presticides, poisons and shit that rocks laying out in the open are.

I'm gonna try potting a little something in there with just the plant. If there's something unhealthy about it, the plant will know before I ad in a critter.

I was only asking if there were certain plastic/paint combos that are water soluble, that kinda thing.
>>
I have a bunch of SAS figures that have completely stuck joints (ie. unmovable, even though those areas should have articulation). How do I go about loosening them up?
>>
>>6093043
Bought a Phicen muscular male body for making a custom figure. Too muscular, none of the regular clothes fit him. Anyone know where should I look for clothes that could fit him?
>>
>>6173569
"Barty's Small and Beefy-Fine Clothiers for Men". It's a chain store that's located in discount malls.
>>
>>6167552

Legacy figures are just re-releases of some older figures with their better joints. Sculpts are the same, all that changed was the joints being much, much better made.

>>6167251

Get the Legacy of the flipping grey clothed girl, it'll have the good joints. The other girl unfortunately never got a Legacy, so any you buy of her will probably have shitty old joint.
>>
File: 1388543612402.jpg (27KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1388543612402.jpg
27KB, 340x340px
>>6174137
>>
where could i find, order or commission a bootleg set of wings for my reaction Dark Crystal Kira, ideally i'd even take a rejected part from the run they did
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (143KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
143KB, 900x1600px
Can anyone identify this toy?
>>
File: brassy.jpg (49KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
brassy.jpg
49KB, 1000x1000px
I saw brasso take a minifigures paint, can brasso take off much larger paint?
>>
>>6178934
Darkman from the Darkman movie
>>
>>6178976
Probably. Brasso is basically liquid sandpaper.
>>
File: 20170211_123426.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_123426.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
What are these figures?
I know that is the Hulk but which figure?
>>
>>6178981
Thanks!
>>
>>6179022
Before Marvel Legends existed, there was a line called Spiderman Classics that laid the groundwork for much of what ML would eventually become. Even after ML started up, there were one or two continuing sublines for certain characters. One of these sublines was Hulk Classics. That's what these two figures are from. The one on the left is (a very broken) Mecha Hulk, and the one on the right is War Hulk, missing all of his accessories.

Why are they in such shit shape? Did you literally find them on the ground?
>>
>>6179036
I had them when I was like 8 and played with them way too much resulting in their current state.

I found them in a box in my grandpa's storage shed yesterday and wanted to track down some less busted ones.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (6KB, 313x114px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
6KB, 313x114px
Awhile ago I had to pre-order a figma off of this shit site because I couldn't find it anywhere else (was autistic and didn't see it go up for pre-order). Why the fuck does Amazon add like three months onto the release schedule of pre-order stuff? The figure comes out in May but is scheduled by amazon to ship out LATE August....

Needless to say I searched some more recently and was able to find it cheaper (even with great shipping) from Hype Tokyo and with the regular May release.

The fuck is amazon doing for those months even?
>>
File: RALPH HAS GONE ALL-STAR.gif (3MB, 360x198px) Image search: [Google]
RALPH HAS GONE ALL-STAR.gif
3MB, 360x198px
>>6107478

>Not wearing gloves to show off your toys

Bunch of savages
>>
File: 2017-02-13 13.48.34.jpg (438KB, 530x945px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-13 13.48.34.jpg
438KB, 530x945px
>>6171495
Action Fleet really was one of the best Star Wars toy lines ever...
>>
>>6180076

Domestic sites tend to get their shit from local distributors that ship their shit over by boat after japanese release. They're always like 2-3 months behind on weebshit.
>>
File: ToyCar.png (114KB, 274x210px) Image search: [Google]
ToyCar.png
114KB, 274x210px
Hello /toy/ - My dad recently found pic related in his possessions and I'd like to know more. It appears to be a "chibi" Volkswagen Beetle.

It features a pull back motor and has "Midori Japan" on the underneath. It is around 3cm in length, very similar to a Choro-Q / Penny Racer car.

When I googled Midori, all I could find was an alcoholic drink. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
File: ONI.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ONI.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Does anyone know if there was a toy made for the main character of this game? I really like it and would love to find something but can't find anything myself.
>>
>>6116706
Just go to walmart or cabelas and get a tacklebox
>>
File: tumblr_o50y30QhQB1tawo4lo4_1280.jpg (385KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o50y30QhQB1tawo4lo4_1280.jpg
385KB, 800x800px
Can anyone tell me where this arm is from? It looks like it's from Deus Ex or MGS
>>
File: DSC00945.jpg (326KB, 1355x907px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00945.jpg
326KB, 1355x907px
>>6182294
Revoltech raiden.
>>
>>6182298
Thanks man
>>
>>6180985
>Midori Japan
I'll bet if you put Midori Japan toy car, in the search field like I did, you'd have found your answer yesterday.
>>
>>6182298

That's pretty cool looking, actually. Didn't someone else make one too? Figma or something?
>>
>>6182353
Raiden? I could be blanking on some cheapo stuff, but as far as I know there was only the revoltech and PAK.
>>
I've been searching for my brain for the past few days for something from the early 2000's but I'm coming up blank, the things that stand out about these figures are
>There was a set of some sorts, different figures under the same name
>Came in either green or red
>One figure had chainsaw or similar attachment on their arm
>Looked like cyborgs but with grotesque attachments
>One of the figures came with a single eyed robot head
>Original packaging was a moss green color
I'm beginning to think they were just a part of my imagination, but does anyone have an idea of what I'm talking about?
>>
File: WIN_20170215_13_07_27_Pro.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170215_13_07_27_Pro.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
sorry for potato pic, but will this paint thinner actually work on removing Hasbro and Mattel paint?
>>
I dug up my old revoltech Kenshin and I forgot how much of an unposeable piece of garbage he is. Are there any reasonably priced revoltech figures out there I can put his head and extremities onto? I'm looking for a revoltech body that has a kimono and hakama pants.
>>
I wanted to test buying something online from Mandarake now that I got my PayPal account in order and enough GBPs for one thing but I'm an indecisive fuck.
My possible picks are
>Legacy QB Alleyne
>BW Cybershark
>one of the Se:Kirara figmas

Help me decide on one, guys.
>>
I got a replacement for a damaged figure from Amazon, but I still have to send the original back.

My question is do you think I could get away with keeping a part of the original figure? I know is kind of scummy, but the figure is too damaged to resell away IMO. The figure is in a closed box so they wouldn't be able to tell unless they opened it. I'm just worried they will charge my card if they find out the part is missing.
>>
>>6187999
First time offender? Nothing should happen at worse they will just mark you as suspicious for future returns.
>>
>>6105201
>Little Tokyo
I've never seen them there, but I've never looked. There is alot of more novelty-ish shops there that might also have them.(I think more likely than Anime jungle)
>>
>>6188007
I've done my fair share of returns (5 in the past year). Out of all the things I've ever sent back, I would only consider one or two of them questionable. I've never sent back anything missing a part though.
>>
File: 1487467836038 (1).jpg (618KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1487467836038 (1).jpg
618KB, 800x1067px
Do the colors around figures mean anything at all?

Is the black knight gonna get fucked and be a statue or are they giving us a proper figure?
>>
>>6196045
No need to worry. The FREEing label's for their more detailed stuff like The Thinker or Pyramid Head. They'll be articulated figures.
>>
Anyone knows which Mandarake stores let you check for shipping price before ordering?
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
How do I claim AMIAMI points? I've preordered quite a bit and I have one item that's been released and paid for yet I still have no points? Is there something I need to do to claim points??
>>
>>6199257
You get the points once you paid for something, you only get the chance to use said points at the check out when paying.

The points thing hardly helps anyway but if it clips off a few bucks why not
>>
>>6197076
Its been awhile but I think nakano.

But what I do remember correctly is when you head for the checkout the one(s) that do show the shipping cost at the checkout, just before you do final confirmation, so if you're willing to take your time there is that, just don't confirm the order and you'll see which do.
>>
>>6199288
>The points thing hardly helps anyway
I disagree, there have been cases where R-SAL shipping was practically free because of the points gradually adding up.
>>
>>6199288
I've paid yet haven't received points? Apparently the points only appear something like 15 days after the item ships?
>>
File: img58119b4b6749c_l.jpg (110KB, 1000x887px) Image search: [Google]
img58119b4b6749c_l.jpg
110KB, 1000x887px
Should I buy revoltech cattleya, I feel if I do it would be really weird. But feel like I need to get it for some reason.
>>
>>6204240
I enjoy Queen's Blade, and articulated titty monsters, but for some reason none of the QB revos do it for me.

Their gappy necks, ugly joints and goofy faces just don't do it for me. It's a shame we'll never see figmas of these characters.
>>
>>6204248
I have some of the first Queen's Blade revo's but i feel weird taking them out of the box to pose them in front of my other toys, especially since they stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
So I want to try my hand at designing action figures for an old goofy but awesome idea my friend and I had when we were in elementary school. But I'm not really sure which scale would be best: 1/18 or 1/12. I'd like to come up with vehicles for it as well
>>
File: how to fix.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
how to fix.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
any ideas on fixing this?
It's "Yamato Sif EX Odin Sphere: Velvet PVC Figure"
>>
>>6205834
You can't fix scratches without repainting. You can try an eraser for the black marks and hope it comes out, but if it's really on there go for high grit (like 3000) sandpaper and be aware it can cause damage to the paint.

I'd just accept it as is though. You're not going to have perfect figures and it honestly might cause more problems if you try to fix it.
>>
>>6205850
I can live with the black/green paint stuff
where would one go about buying paint that would match and adhere to a figure
some kind of pvc paint I'm guessing, I'll probably leave it alone though if I can't find a method of fixing it that is fool proof
>>
>>6205854
PVC paint is a meme. If you want flexible shit you should use a flexible resin, like a UV cure resin.

Lacquer will be your best bet for a statue, but if you don't have an airbrush it'll be hard to get a good finish. Like I said, you should simply accept the flaws.

But if you really want to you can try Kaiyodo x Mr. Color Flesh Color set for figure.
>>
>>6205862
Thanks man I'll look into what you suggested
>>
I want to put my Nendos in the window ledge of my bedroom because it looks nice, but I'm worried about sun damage. The house I live in is only five years old and the windows are UV treated. Will it still be an issue?
>>
>>6207096
Yes. Don't do that.
>>
>>6204240
They are fun and most normies won't see any more wrong with it than most figures as long as you keep it clothed.
>>
File: he-man?.jpg (306KB, 800x1425px) Image search: [Google]
he-man?.jpg
306KB, 800x1425px
Hello Guys, I found this one in my attic and can't find anything about it on Google.
There's no inscription or copyright on it.
It would be nice if an Anon knows its origin. :)
>>
Just looking for advice really. A show near me has a phase 2 Rex sideshow figure for 250, I'm thinking about getting him just to resell. What do you boys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 630x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 630x220px
Got a Revo QB Menace second-hand and it smells like cigs. What's the best way to deodorize it without damaging the paint and plastic?
>>
Are there any toys/brands that are relatively cheaper in Britain?
>>
File: PANIC.png (41KB, 576x486px) Image search: [Google]
PANIC.png
41KB, 576x486px
So returned just means it finally left customs and is on it's way, right?
>>
>>6220602
Run the tracking number through USPS. It'll probably say "Arrived at USPS Facility", which means it left customs.
>>
File: Raithos1349826951.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Raithos1349826951.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
What's a good way I can store figures for around 2 years? I'm planning on moving over seas for a short working holiday towards the end of 2017, and need to store my figures away. Is there any special precautions I need to take, like things to avoid them sweating or warping?
>>
File: 20170302_172720.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170302_172720.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Got some china knock offs pic related. 1. I need a replacment figma knee joint for the she fig it shattered out of the box, any plqce to buy figma joints? 2. Anyone know of small figures that will fit in the titan cockpit? Little to small for a joe scale figure, maybe somthing around 2 inches tall?
>>
>>6220609
Thanks m8, it checked out. Wound up getting it a 10am this morning.
>>
>>6220759
Lay them flat and not touching in an archival quality acid free box with some desiccant packs and keep the whole thing in a darkened temperature controlled room.
>>
>>6220759
http://www.onepercase.net/2012/04/psa-how-to-store-action-figures-like.html?m=1
>>
>>6221304
>>6221323

Thanks mates.
>>
>>6221011
GSC doesn't sell their joints, so you have two options:

1) Buy a pack of medium-flesh colored Hobby Base joints (ball slim variety) off HLJ or EBay, etc. (best option)

2) Buy a lot-sale of random Figma joints and hope you get the right size and color. Bigger lots have greater variety and thus increase your chances.
>>
>>6222869
Forgot to mention:

Option #2 can be found on EBay.
>>
>>6222869
>>6222874
Thanks I will see about nabbing both. Never hurts to have some spare joints. The hobby base joints much diffrent then the figma ones?
>>
File: 14887591666091103382899.jpg (821KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14887591666091103382899.jpg
821KB, 2048x1152px
What happened to stompers? What's the closest thing now?
>>
So my friends father wants me to sell around 1000 of his figures. How much of a cut should I be asking for? Also I've never sold something like action figures before and normally deal with items that are 100s of dollars so I don't mind offering free shipping. If I'm selling a figure that's let's say $5 would it be best to bundle them or would it be best to just make them pay for shipping?
>>
File: FIGURE-005698.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-005698.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
Do 1:18th weapons fit into this guy's hands? I remember everyone saying he wasn't really that scale, but the guns he comes with are way too big for him. I don't have any gi joe stuff but it shouldn't be too hard to track some down if they'll work.
>>
Anyone have the Threezero Guts that? I'm tempted since its getting another release but I've never owned anything Threezero
>>
I'm trying to remember a toy set from back in the 90s. You pop in a VHS and watch a cartoon about a base being attacked, and you have a playset that is made to match the base and characters, and when explosions and stuff go off in the show, the playset also sends pieces flying and shooting missiles and stuff.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't remember shit about it other than that.
>>
>>6240817
I know exactly what you're talking about. Captain Future and the Soldiers of Fortune, or something similar.
>>
>>6233761
I have their Isaac Clarke. I like it, but it's hampered by his snow suit. Also, I've heard Guts' feet kind of suck, I kind of want it anyway. So seconding this post.
>>
I asked this earlier in the thread, but no one responded.

Long story short, the post office lost an AmiAmi package back in early December. It's been confirmed lost by the post office, and I signed a form for JapanPost through USPS stating I never received it. I've been asking AmiAmi for status updates on the insurance claim once a month for the past 3 months and they say JapanPost hasn't responded back, and that they'll let me know when they do.

So I have to ask, how much longer is this going to take, and is JapanPost good about filling insurance claims?
>>
File: 1286584055472.jpg (116KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1286584055472.jpg
116KB, 600x600px
So my bank doesn't allow international purchases without a notice beforehand, in which they open up a 24-hour window. Otherwise it triggers a fraud alert and my card is frozen until everything gets cleared up. Do most sites like HLJ or Good Smile automatically charge the card once it's time for a pre-order? Opening a window isn't a big deal, but I can see problems arising if my card is charged without me knowing.

Should I just look into setting up a paypal? Instant transactions seem like a possible solution, but I'm not sure if it would also be interpreted as a foreign transaction.
>>
Does anyone own both the sentinel and revoltech rathalos hunter figures? Which one is better? I'd prefer articulation, but the sentinel looks good. Would it got with the zinogre hunter?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.