[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Toy Lines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 25

File: RIP.png (68KB, 586x720px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
68KB, 586x720px
What are your favorite dead toylines /toy/? Whether the company shut down or they just lost their license what toys do YOU fondly remember collecting?

Personally I loved McFarlane's halo reach line, they had their issues but they were very cheap for the quality of the paint and sculpt. Articulation wasn't too bad either if you knew how to work with them.
>>
ExoSquad
SD Gundam Force (yeah I was that one guy)
MSiA (the inferior american figures)
C.O.P.S.
The old 8 inch Power Ranger line
Starcom
Microman 2000
>>
Robo Force.

Those fucking ugly "looks nothing like them" Glyos toys don't count as a revival. Give the license to someone who actually cares.
>>
>>6090113
I had some SD force figures as well, I don't remember the exact line though, they were pretty tiny and had swappable parts
>>
>>6090099
Bionicle and I wish NECA made the rest of the L4D specials
>>
RIP Palisades, the quality of your muppets toys were unmatched, wish tou could have lived to produce the Sesame Street line...
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
( ._.)
>>
>>6090099
Trendmasters Godzilla
>>
>>6090125
Did they stop making those candy toy robots? I thought that was a pretty recent line
>>
>>6090113
>MSiA (the inferior american figures)

JMSiA really weren't all that far ahead of USMSiA. And man, those were magical times. Going to your local Wal-Mart and seeing Gundams all over the shelf. If I had a /toy/ time machine and only one shot with it, that would be mychoice.
>>
>>6090138

I was juuust too young to get into Gundam when it was popular in America as a kid but I doo remember seeing some unpopular MSIA figures shelfwarming during the later years of the popularity decline. Looking back there were some really lit toys in that line, I mean fuck a Big Zam that was in scale with the rest of the line, incredible.
>>
File: mandala.jpg (161KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mandala.jpg
161KB, 1600x1200px
>>6090165
>remember seeing some unpopular MSIA figures shelfwarming during the later years of the popularity decline.

Pic related was the Shelf Lord of that time. Strangely enough I can't find any pics of an unopened one.
>>
>>6090172
I don't think the battle scarred line was very popular either, the weathering was overdone to the point where it just looked like shit.
>>
>>6090182
Oh man, I totally forgot about those. They all looked so bad and shelf-warmed.
>>
>>6090182
>>6090187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZO40l-CvI

Sit back and bask in the nostalgia.
>>
Mcfarlane Titanfall 2
>>
>>6090187

>Let's make a line of action figures that already look dirty and broken in the packaging!

what were they thinking.
>>
>>
File: 8d_1.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
8d_1.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>
Though not technically dead I do miss the earlier days of 3A, they were really solid up until like 2014 when they all but stopped making wwr stuff. They still have the occasional good release but both the quality of the designs as well as the toys themselves has definitely fallen.
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 1040x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1040x1300px
>>6090196
>>
>>6090218
I feel you, I remember the days when WWR seemed to be rolling a real good direction

Ashley needs to stop jerking off over feet
>>
>>6090220
Weathering I get but shit like this and the aforementioned battle scarred figures, like it's just destroyed
>>
>>6090218
WWR and Adventure Kartel 1/6 were both absolutely god-tier toylines. All the more so for being completely original properties, and very affordable by 1/6 standards.

God I miss 2011-2013 era ThreeA.
>>
>>6090223
At least the wave of constant Pascha releases indicated some sort of inspiration, even if it was fetishism (honestly solid theme for an art toyline)

They really just seem to have run out of steam, the designs seem more and more uninspired, meanwhile the slipping quality and flood of liscenses are doing nothing but help to alienate the fan base, the state of the forums and fanpages is pathetic, there was more activity back when 3A regularly did runs of toys in the hundreds instead of mass producing.
I should really stop ranting but 3A really needs to bring back the classic Ashley Wood charm.
>>
fucking MYSTIC KNIIIIIIIGHTS
>>
>>6090227
Fuck they're stuff has always been so reasonable, $100 1/6 with exquisite paint and the best scale clothing in the game was a total steal back in the day. At least the resale market is super buyer friendly now.
>>
>>6090225
A lot of character's iconic scenes take place when the hero has been put through the ringer, looking like hell. The T-800 taking down the T-1000, RoboCop taking down the ED-209 and earning his human name again, Optimus vs Megatron's last stand in Autobot City, a limping and broken Max taking down the rest of the Toecutter's gang, Goku fighting frieza in the longest 5 minutes ever.
>>
>>6090274
I guess I'm just not partial to scene specific action figures, I'd rather just have a good representation of the character.
>>
File: marvel legends logo.jpg (28KB, 376x230px) Image search: [Google]
marvel legends logo.jpg
28KB, 376x230px
I miss Marvel Legends.

Greatest line of all time.

Fully painted figures, with most articulation for a line ever, tons of extras, great sculpts, for not a lot of money. Toy Biz was the bro-est company ever.
It's a little weird knowing that Perlmutter is the epitome of a Jew stereotype and yet it was under his direction that they gave so much value to their toys.
>>
File: megaforce wolfopen.jpg (110KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
megaforce wolfopen.jpg
110KB, 1200x900px
>>6090216
>megaforce
One of the best micro lines.

I miss micro lines.
You got a whole lot of awesome minis for your money.
>>
File: 43-noscale.jpg (223KB, 788x800px) Image search: [Google]
43-noscale.jpg
223KB, 788x800px
>>
>>6090515

That looks familiar. Were those the ones where all the little vehicles had secondary modes?

Like you take the little tanks and sit them upright with the little feet on the back, and the turret flips down to make it a gun tower.
>>
>>6090165

Yeah I kinda regret not importing that Big Zam. Those G Gundam four kings (?) figures were pretty fucking awesome. We got figures that Japan didn't, right?

As far as SD Gundam Force, I had really hoped we got those Dogas or at least better pictures than the one shitty picture I got waaaaay back when.
>>
File: VRocsAntiAircraftTankSCHEM.jpg (48KB, 622x325px) Image search: [Google]
VRocsAntiAircraftTankSCHEM.jpg
48KB, 622x325px
>>6090563
Yes, some of the tanks did that- although the other micro vehicles were more conventional. (tanks with normal turrets, rocket launchers with removable rockets, VTOL aircraft with moving thrusters, planes with removable missiles, helicopters with spinning rotors.) Most of the larger vehicles had secondary modes, though.
>>
File: Xevoz.png (658KB, 1200x706px) Image search: [Google]
Xevoz.png
658KB, 1200x706px
Obligatory.
>>
File: Hagen no zista 4.jpg (59KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hagen no zista 4.jpg
59KB, 560x560px
>>
File: stikfas walker.jpg (23KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
stikfas walker.jpg
23KB, 480x640px
>>6090607
Just a reminder that Stikfas are superior even in death.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Beast Saga
I was really hoping for a US release
>>
>>6090487
Too bad a small percentage of the toybiz figures look decent though, too many were overly detailed and ended up looking like shit.

Definitely do not miss the Toy Biz MLs.
>>
File: MutantMania_Fall14_Diorama.jpg (2MB, 3423x1290px) Image search: [Google]
MutantMania_Fall14_Diorama.jpg
2MB, 3423x1290px
Mutant Mania
I never found the ultra rares :(
>>
>>6090633
it's dead already?

fuck i should've have bought more earlier
>>
File: legendary riders.jpg (148KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
legendary riders.jpg
148KB, 500x375px
>>6090678
You're off your rocker or don't realize how many waves of MLs there were.

There's like 2 or 3 waves that had a few questionable sculpts, but the vast majority of them still hold up or are better than 99% of toys currently being made.
>>
>>6090700
The chicks always looked messed up.
>>
Starcom
Battle Beasts

These two lines along side G.I. Joe practically were my childhood.
>>
>>6090700
Is that an example of a wave that sucks? Those look so bad.
>>
File: ML03.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ML03.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>6090705
>not liking euro-trash Scarlet Witch
It's like you dont even know how eastern europeans look like.

>>6090708
my likes > yours
Even in the early waves, they're still better than the average Hasbro DCUC wave
>>
>>6090729

Early wave Wolverine, Colossus and Beast are still my fav Marvel Legends, even counting the current ones. There's a style to the sculpts that I really enjoyed.
>>
File: IMG_8620.jpg (650KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8620.jpg
650KB, 1600x1597px
Conan the Adventurer
Surprisingly fun line when it came out
Or Street Sharks
>>
>>6090653
>Just a reminder that Stikfas are
bland piece of shit for literal autists
>>
File: Stikfa knight.jpg (159KB, 419x500px) Image search: [Google]
Stikfa knight.jpg
159KB, 419x500px
>>6090906
>angry because Stikfas was more successful, popular, and the people who enjoyed them were more creative
I think you're confusing the two lines, considering how many of the Xevoz kits are for furries.
>>
File: 3464047056_02dbd76fcf_z.jpg (52KB, 500x227px) Image search: [Google]
3464047056_02dbd76fcf_z.jpg
52KB, 500x227px
>>
SOTA Street Fighter, ToyBiz M.L.s, :( :( :(

BUT the biggest most sad lost disappointment that could of been was "HBO CC". Were going to be 6-9 inch scale range qne had incredible detail, articulation, colors and everything really.

The planned line of SHF type figures of famous HBO original programming characters. That's all I could think of for the 20 or so hours after it was announced. Then something happened. (And because of it being such a thoroughly important operation it involved information of all types, even some defined by possible unimportance: initial evidence/existence removal, followed by moving near a much larger soapbox; effectively making all recorded information available to everyone.

Religion, race or sex orientation, none of it mattered, everyone was suddenly equal to knowing HBOs good word. Then 20 hours after the announcement it started getting cleaned off the face of our planet! People abruptly stopped talking about it all. Their hopes of famous characters being included, certain accessories. You know, normal shit we communicate while we nerd out lol. That Monday thru Tuesday was how long HBOs Collectible Characters existed. I didn't get the memo apparently

On Wednesday I made a topic on whatever message board I frequented at the time about hoping that the release dates weren't based on single shows, my dream series was going to be made up of the 6 coolest fuckers around!

(Rust Cohle of True Detective, Vern Schillinger and Chris Keller of Oz, Tony Soprano of Soprano's lol and All Swearagen and Mr Bullock of Deadwood. Were then BTW!)

Woke up Thursday with a email warning me to keep my "you poor and lost nigger faggot, thinking you might be a jizz vampire because you love men cum in or around your dirty AIDS bug fixated mouth. No more warnings". All because I think good quality 6-7inch figures from quality TV series would be great to collect.

Well I'm not tired anymore. So no more silence from me you faggots. I hate you all so much.
>>
>>6090906
Literally wrong.
Stifkas were one of the first creator-lines, prior to the crowd funding campaigns we see now. They were actually pretty fun.
>>
>>6090216
>>6090515
Oh man, Megaforce makes the fa/tg/uy side of me squeal with joy.

Fucking loved those things. They had so much character and charm.

>>6090607
Hell yeah. I only had like 4 of them but damn do I ever regret not keeping them. The gorilla guy was fucking awesome.

I also miss those Megaman figures with the swappable armor. Those things were pretty damn sweet, if a bit too expensive for me at the time.
>>
>>6090099

I'm a big fan of Mighty Max

When it comes to more recent stuff, I really miss 66 action, although SHODO's thankfully pretty damn good too.
>>
>>6090700
>>6090729
Thats just nostalgia dude
They all had bad proportions. Whats the point of individual finger articulation? It just made their hands really big and fat.
That daredevil is also one of the worst figures I've seen in person. Swivels for the shoulders and hips? Really? Captain america was also bad. he looked fucking deformed.
The detail was great though
>>
>>6090967
this line had a great run though. I wish they started doing the demons, I think those would have sold even if someone didn't exactly care for Hellboy comics.
>>
>>6091219
66 action isn't actually dead
>>
>>6090099
Battle Beasts
Dino Riders
Exo Squad
Battletech
MSiA
>>
>>6091663
>66 action isn't actually dead
Oh really? Source?
>>
>>6091673
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00126740
>>
>>6091724

Uh.

Not what I hoped for, but alright nonetheless. Might order.
Thanks anon.
Now to clarify : I mourn the death of Kamen Rider 66 action
>>
>>6090700
goddamn, look at the slope of Wonderman's shoulders. Those things had the worst articuation
>>
File: IMG_0639.png (682KB, 618x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0639.png
682KB, 618x458px
Jem and the Holograms dolls.
>>
File: inhumanoidsdesktopwallpaper001.jpg (320KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
inhumanoidsdesktopwallpaper001.jpg
320KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>6090671
I really liked the quality of these figures. Great sculpt, paint, size, and price. I didn't care too much of the designs for a lot of them but wished other properties would've released figures just like these. Like Digimon or other kaijyu franchise like Godzilla and Ultra series.
>>
File: takarasushi2.jpg (124KB, 640x369px) Image search: [Google]
takarasushi2.jpg
124KB, 640x369px
Osushi Sentai Schallyders (Sharida)

I'm not sure if sales bombed hard or they released all that they intended, but I wanted more of the bad guys generals. The Ikura one hinted there were two other gunkan-maki types and I'm sad they never made it to toy form.

Haha my select image was for sushi.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.