[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kiss Players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: KP01.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
KP01.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
What were they thinking?!!
Link to wiki page
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Kiss_Players_(franchise)
>>
File: only oldfag remember this.jpg (49KB, 425x567px) Image search: [Google]
only oldfag remember this.jpg
49KB, 425x567px
>>6086141
why would you afraid of lolis

you're on 4chan
>>
>>6086141
GI Joe reference
>>
>>6086144
Thanks I'll take good care of her
>>
>>6086141
>hurr durr i'm scared of le lolis and le sexual imagery
Go back to the Allspark, fuckface.
>>
File: 250px-LegionRape1.jpg (48KB, 250x336px) Image search: [Google]
250px-LegionRape1.jpg
48KB, 250x336px
>>6086151
Im not scared of it I just want to know why transformers, a children's toyline, would go in to rape territory
>>
>>6086158
Because sexual imagery is commonplace in japanese media. Fucking Neon Genesis Evangelion with all its blood and gore and Freudian references originally aired in a kids timeslot.

>rape territory
Oh fuck off. You need to go back to your Tumblr safe space.
>>
File: 1474100846121.jpg (66KB, 554x429px) Image search: [Google]
1474100846121.jpg
66KB, 554x429px
>>6086158
because jap kids got balls and not afraid of boobies
>>
>defending pedophilia

Oh hi Jin, AKA Sergalicious
>>
>>6086165
I bet you like the hospital scene in NGE Anon
>>
>>6086260
Which one? The Sachiel one? The Leliel one? The Armisael one?

The Leliel one is really good, especially Rei's lines. Major important plot points there.
>>
>>6086141
>What were they thinking?!!

Fuck off, Mike Mozart.
>>
>>6086165
>Fucking Neon Genesis Evangelion with all its blood and gore and Freudian references originally aired in a kids timeslot.

And it was moved to an adult one after all that shit started
>>
>>6086158
According to the wiki page you linked, the line's writer/designer crafted the series that way just to "make people's jaws drops."

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>6086318
The point still stands. The fact that it was even approved for a kids timeslot despite the fact that the first episode has a giant bloodspray at the cliffhanger ending is enough of proof that kids in japan are generally expected to have thicker skins than kids in the west.
>>
>>6086141
>>6086158
Posting in what I hope is a troll thread, but whatever.

Kiss Players were not, were NOT marketed at kids. They cost too much for what they were and were going after the sweet, sweat(y) otaku yen. The fiction was encapsulated in media primed for their consumption.

It's kinda like how Disney also owns production groups across the entire spectrum of entertainment, including parts that are NOT kid friendly, and aren't marketed towards them. They're a business, if you've got a dollar, they'll jerk you off however they can to get that dollar. At the time, we were in the tail end of the Cybertron/Galaxy Force series, and NO ONE wanted Transformers. It was before the Bay films, and the last popular series was about 5 years prior to this happening.
>>
Great toys of you can get past whatever story to moon runes are telling. Describes almost every post-G1 line actually...
>>
>>6086265
He's probably referring to the opening scene of EoE
>>
Any one know how good is the Binaltech/alernators prime?
>>
>>6086141
Transformers isn't really that big in Japan. There's a few successful series, G1 being relaunched from Diaclone did alright and lead to the Brave series, and Beast Wars Season 1 was popular too, leading to two spinoffs. But since 1999, its been mostly don as far as the kid's aspect is concerned, so takara is forced to rely on gimmicks to bring in crowds. Beast Wars season 2/3 failed, so they decided to try making new vehicle Transformers with car robots, while that line did well in America, it didn't do great in Japan, and Takara didn't rally release any new Transformers toys in Japan around 2001-2002, just reissues, which did do well.

And tat's the beginnings of takara really starting to pander to the older, "Otaku" market. fans of oldschool mecha shows have more disposable income and are less fickle than kids. Where as American kids will gobble any series up, the older Japanese fans are more partial to things that resemble nostalgic series. So you have things like Takara pushing G1 reissues, or making toys closer to G1 colors in the Armada/Energon lines.

And so, by the time cybertron was winding down in Japan, it still wasn't that popular with kids, and in fact a lot of villain releases where never released or made exclusives. But the adult market was there. If you recall, the time between Cybertron and the movie line in 2006 was a dead zone of no media, and only a few waves of Classics toys. But in Japan, Cybertron/Galaxy Force ended even earlier, leading to an even bigger gap with no "mainline". But, they do have all the alternator/Binaltech molds accessible..and the moƩ thing was getting huge..

So, with 6+ years of Transformers not really doing well with kids in Japan, and the otaku market being relatable, takara decides to go all out pandering to that market. And besides the lolita aspect, you know what Kissplayers was full of? Fanwank. Lots of references to a bunch of aspects of the transformers universe.
>>
>>6089517
Honestly, if you're going to get one, get the Kissplayers one.

I have it, and it's absolutely gorgeous in truck mode. Yes, it's painted diecast which means it's prone to paint chipping if you're actually driving it around the carpet and playing with it, but if you're going for just a posing piece, I think it looks better than the plastic alternator version. Additionally, the Kissplayer release has slightly improved paint applications to give it more G1 Optimus crotch. Yes, it also comes with a tiny cute girl and a dumb surfboard that turns into a bright pink sword, but you can leave those in the box with the audio cd if you don't care for them.

As far as the figure itself, it hasn't aged well. It was very much designed to form a perfect, stock model Dodge Ram SRT first, and the robot mode is secondary, so concessions were made. He is posable, with hing and swivel shoulder, bicep swivel, ball-joint wrist, ball-joint hips, and a decent knee bend, and I think it's ball-jointed feet(I don't have mine handy to double check, if not it's at least a forward/back swivel). The giant shouder kibble tends to get in the way, as does the giant chunks of truckbed knocking off the back of his legs, so he can't get real acrobaitic.

If you want a really great looking pickup truck model that can sometimes be a robot, I can recomend it. You might be better off haunting AliExpress/TaoBao for one of the many, many cheaper plastic knockoffs if you just want to experience the mold in general.
>>
>>6089510
I know he was. But he said NGE. EOE is clearly not part of NGE despite taking place in the same universe.

And he was trying to start shit either way so that was to get him to shut up and sit down.
>>
>>6089765
Kissplayer prime has NO die cast.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.