[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been banned from an online toystore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Have you ever been banned from an online toystore?
>>
>>6085991
Online? No.
B&Ms?.....I don't want to talk about it.
>>
>>6085995
Tell us why you got banned from Walmart anon
>>
>>6085991
What did you do?
>>
No. I don't buy cheap nip shit.
>>
>>6086003
I didn't shart hard enough for the poop inspector officer.
>>
Sounds like a few people need to spill.
It's an anonymous message board, get on with it and make our Christmas.
>>
>>6086308
kek, well played
>>
Tfsource. I canceled one preorder.
>>
>>6086405

Biginjap

Same
>>
Does Rakuten count? I'm IP banned for not paying for an item. I bypass it by using a different device, no problems
>>
>>6085991
Been banned from Mandy twice.
Once for cancelling like 3 things in a row when they kept fucking up a combined order. I placed an order for a very small thing, emailed them to add an item to it, then emailed them to add another to it, we're talking like tiny gachapon, and for some reason they decided to change my SAL to EMS, I guess out of spite. I asked them to please ship the items SAL, and I was ready to pay for the entire combined order, but they just cancelled it and banned me.

Again with a different address and paypal when I specified part of an order as "Cancel if out of stock" and it was out of stock but they didn't cancel the order, tried to charge me for the remaining items. I asked them nicely to please cancel it and explained why. Surprise ban motherfucker.

I have a third account yet unbanned but I don't buy as much from them anymore, mostly because they just pissed me off, and they offer zero accountability for damaged or counterfeit goods.
>>
I don't know HOW I'm not banned from amiami, I've canceled more than I've ever bought from them.
>>
>>6089331
Where do you buy from now then? I dislike Mandy's zero accountability for damaged goods so I'm thinking about finding a different retailer.
>>
>>6089353
>Mandy's zero accountability for damaged goods

What exactly do you guys mean by this? Broken in transit? I had a vinyl break because the stupid packers literally threw it in a box with one layer of bubble wrap and it got thrashed in transit, and they were totally helpful through the insurance process.
>>
>>6089420
No, I mean by them refusing to compensate if you buy unopened goods and it comes fucked up.
>>
>>6089353
Since amiami started selling used goods, I usually grab what I want from them, and just consolidate one big monthly box.
If it's small enough to go SALSP great, if it's big enough to go EMS I usually have enough in the box to make it worthwhile.
>>
>>6089337
Same, but mostly because I've gotten lazy about associating my Paypal account with my bank account and missed all pre-orders dated for this year.
I-i-i hope they don't get mad when I start buying all my shit from Mandarake.
>>
>>6089337
cancelled 15 items alone this year and only got a warning
>>
File: amiami.jpg (441KB, 900x814px) Image search: [Google]
amiami.jpg
441KB, 900x814px
>>
>>6089428
That happened to me. They pass the buck to the manufacturer (as if that does one fucking ounce of good, considering jap companies won't help outsiders) and there's nothing you can really do. It's pretty shitty, but at least it's really uncommon.

My rule of thumb now is to always prefer an opened figure versus an unopened one. That saved my ass before with an SAS that was missing parts, likely due to the manufacturer not including it. They had to address it and were really good about it. If it were new, I would have been shit out of luck.
>>
I managed to cancel an Amiami preorder recently, but it was on a toy that got delayed so I had some right.
>>
I preordered something from amiami for the first time and had to cancel it because I found it cheaper somewhere else. They didn't ban me but sent me a kind of sternly worded response that normally they don't allow cancellations.
>>
>>6089337
i got banned after 3 cancels. That last cancel was a really huge order tho.
>>
Banned from amiami for opening a PayPal dispute for a figure that came broken in transit. I attempted to work it out with them prior, but they kept insisting they wouldn't replace the item unless I bought something else to "warrant them shipping me a replacement figure". I told them to resolve the problem, and that I wasn't going to be strong-armed into spending more money with them to fix a problem that was unrelated. Took it to PayPal, got my money back, amiami sent me a nasty e-mail saying how dare I, blah blah, I told them to fuck off and they closed my account.
>>
>>6090790
Yeah, I straight up just didn't pay for my last 6 orders from them
>>
>>6091153
Same, I got a warning but I have a ton of shit PO with them and have bought from them for over 3 years now with monthly orders of hundreds of dollars per month usually so I am just gonna assume they won't ban me.
>>
I got banned from HLJ. I normally order from Amiami, but pre-orders closed for an item I wanted before I pre-ordered it. I pre-ordered from HLJ, but it became avaible for normal order at Amiami befire HLJ got it. Ordered it from Amiami and ignored all payment requests from HLJ. They eventually banned the account. I was moving in a month anyway, so I just opened a new account with my new address and a different email.
>>
>>6090871
>amiami sent me a nasty e-mail saying how dare I
Any screenshots?
>>
I'm tempted to file a dispute with Amiami. I received the DX VF-31J I preordered but it came with some manufacturing defects. They would refund me the merchandise price + return shipping, but they would not budge on the original shipping fee of 4500JPY. I already got dinged by customs for 50CAD, so I already lost 100CAD just to recover 19440JPY.

Should I do it? I fucking hate their CS for being snarky and a pain the in the fucking ass to deal with.
>>
>>6092497
if the defects are that bad, i'd go ahead and return it.

as for the dispute, you may not necessarily win it. paypal may decide to agree with amiami's decision.
>>
File: Defect 4.jpg (867KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Defect 4.jpg
867KB, 3264x2448px
>>6092521
You brought me to senses anon, thanks.

The two halves of the nose weren't glued properly so it created a crevice, which in turned worsened the gap and made the nose a bit crooked. Pics below highlights the "defect":

1/2
>>
File: Defect 2.jpg (890KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Defect 2.jpg
890KB, 3264x2448px
>>6092537
For a 300CAD mecha figure, it's hard to accept subpar QC.

2/2
>>
>>6092538
it's definitely a bummer, but is it really worth $100?
>>
>>6092542
I already paid for the 100$ anon from the original shipping fee + customs. I apologize for not clearing that up. If I return it, the 100$ will be unrecoverable regardless making it a sunk cost.

As for the return, it just depresses me looking at it knowing that this is worth 20000JPY. Although I am getting increasingly frustrated with the process, thus my motivation to return it decreases more and more.
>>
>>6089337
amiami's kinda fickle like that

i think their policies have just generally gotten more lax over the years. japs seem to prefer using amazon for figure buying now since amazon prime is a thing, and amazon lets you cancel orders completely freely. maybe they adopted new policies on the down-low to compete.
>>
>>6092553
I think it's likely AmiAmi has eased up because raising prices means collectors willing to pay said prices are becoming hard to find. It doesn't make sense to ban someone who is buying SOME stuff. Unless you are canceling every single thing you have with them they will probably be lax.
>>
>>6092555
its probably a combination of factors. amazon's ease of use, raising prices, and people spreading bad rumors about them are probably making them reconsider their policies

hell, with the way things are going lately it's almost as cheap to just buy weeb shit from american websites that allow you to cancel orders instead of taking amiami's bullshit
>>
>>6092497
If you buy a plane ticket and fly there I'm sure they will be happy to refund your item price and the original shipping fee. That's the thing with buying international, if the brand new item is defective then you will need to ship it back to get a refund if it's offer . It's not their fault either so why should they refund the shipping fee. And customs fee don't matter either since it's your country that's charging it, perhaps you should ask your post office for a refund on the customs fee since you are sending it back.
What they are offering is fair since they are paying for the refund shipping. Both of you will lose on shipping. It's no different that saying they will give you a full refund of your item price and original shipping but you will have to somehow return the item to them, which of course is you paying for shipping if you don't plan on flying.
Let me ask you this ,if you buy a toy from a store , bring it home and found that it's defective. Do you call the store to have someone come to your house to pickup the defective item, or do you bring it back to the store on your Own.
>>
>>6092537
>>6092538
>What is fixing it yourself

Since when did toy collectors get so entitled?
>>
>>6089337
I probably cancelled 20 times from them already and have gotten like multiple warnings from each and every one.

Then again, I buy $300-400 worth of orders every month for years now, so that might have something to do with them letting me go.
>>
No because I'm not a cuck that cancels their orders
>>
>>6092752
I would if I was past the return period you stupid git.

I paid 400$ for this fucker, I sure as hell should be entitled for a flawless product
>>
>>6092849
A cuck thing would be to see a subpar product and keep your order instead of not accepting a shit product.
>>
>>6093053
>implying I'd buy a shit product in the first place
>>
File: 706356526_tp.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
706356526_tp.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
I just canceled an order from AmiAmi and it looks like they honored it no questions asked. Not even an email in response to my cancellation request.

Is that normal? I was at least expecting a guilt-trip email or something.
>>
>>6093675
Might be one later. What did you cancel?
Could be something they understand and don't even want to bother with the usual reply.
>>
>>6093677
A few nendos, figmas, and amiibos. Around 300 bucks worth of stuff. Gave some vague BS about "personal reasons."

I guess they're getting a lot of post-christmas cancellations since chrimbo is leaving lots of people flat broke.
>>
>>6093675
maybe they are just waiting for you to make another preorder on a hot item and when it gets close to release they cancel your preorder. LOL.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.