[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General /tfg/ "No one cares about seekers"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 112

File: test.jpg (55KB, 800x347px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
55KB, 800x347px
Old thread>>6077848

>mp dirge release date given
>no one gives a shit about an old mold save seeker collectors
The wild ride is almost over!
>TR kup shown
>Seemingly negative responses
The mold looks mostly the part, but why the black head, come on hasbro You just needed to mold the head the same as the body grey and ya blew it

Also judging from the post from the old thread in >>6080628 and >>6080632 it seems the legs are a tad floppy, at least the review is truthful but non-subscribers to the source wouldn't of know if not for the kind person who shared this

>IMA GO TAKARA
Word of caution, same factories, you may get that extra slop of paint you crave but the same factories make them, chances are it could just as bad, if not worse (my LG wheelie reminded me, curse my color preference!), choose wisely but at the end of the day its your toy you can do as you please.

Oh well, more new stuff coming, wonder what other deluxes wave 4 will get other than perceptor and kup, let the guessing game begin!
>>
>>6080926

I'm happy people are glad they've finally got all of the Seekers and Elite Seekers, but man, they really should've updated that mold or redone it by now. It's just not that good.

At this point your only hope for a good MP-Seeker-Anything is pretty much 3P's, who haven't really touched those characters in terms of MP-alikes.

Also Kup looks good. Can't wait for the next wave, wave 3 is only going to see me getting Doublecross, Triggerhappy, and the 3 Legends figures anyway. Getaway is a "Literally Who?" and Hotrod is alright, but I own the MP and that fulfills my need for a "Perfect" Hotrod. And yeah I know Getaway's from IDW, but no one gives a shit about him in it either besides him being a shitty traitor.
>>
File: lW19aKc.jpg (85KB, 1680x946px) Image search: [Google]
lW19aKc.jpg
85KB, 1680x946px
Any headmaster options for fortress maximus so he can have the anime head with out buying the japanese one or the sdcc?
>>
Thank christ seekers are done.

Fuck sake just release all of them at the same time or in 1 month intervals next time.
>>
>>6080932
Search shapeways and hope someone's selling and learn to paint
>>
>>6080932
No, you're fucked unless a 3rd party makes it.
Either that or buy the takara head only off someone.
>>
>>6080932

See >>6080935
>>
File: muh neck.jpg (54KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
muh neck.jpg
54KB, 720x960px
>>6080931
The mp11 base mold is their 2.0, before a 3.0 can happen they'll need to have a prime 3.0 first which can be anytime with full toon accuracy.

I dread the day when I regreat my mp11 collection but I'll be happy for others who get them

Kup looks great sans color choices, as for getaway my reasoning is since the figures cross between g1 movie and the JP continuation it may just be a chance to have a cheap cash in, that and he has more time in idw, so who knows

>>6080933
This isn't how takara works, otherwise we'd have inferno grapple and artfire by now, perhaps they gauge the interest and adjust quantities.

The seekers being online exclusives even more restricted, wonder if it'll be the 1000 unit count again.

I just want them to work on their qc, its getting better but dirge needs to be literal perfection to make up for the past 2's mistakes (ramjet and his wings being missasembled, thrust with his loose waist)
>>
File: fu kup.jpg (829KB, 1375x1903px) Image search: [Google]
fu kup.jpg
829KB, 1375x1903px
>card art has the right head colors
>toy has ugly grey head

I hope this is just a prototype thing. Glad Funpub ends as it began: fucking up.
>>
>>6080934
Found some there. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>6080945
Nah man you can see that the renders on the card having the black TM as well.
>>
File: 61-Scorponok-Robot.jpg (121KB, 709x768px) Image search: [Google]
61-Scorponok-Robot.jpg
121KB, 709x768px
>Love the mold
>Don't like any of the versions available
Fuck, what are the odds of them using it for anything more?
>>
>>6080956
Is it the colors or just the 2 head variations that bother you?
>>
>>6080957
Just the colors, the heads are good.
>>
>>6080960
A shame really
>all purple with BW scorponok homage
>show accurate takara
>dumbed down hasbro

Unless takara pumps out some weird oc exclusive in jet black or something I think this will be it
>>
>>6080956

A Beast Wars Scorpinok (The spelling difference is canon or am I wrong?) seems likely. With a different head mold, hopefully.
>>
>>6080956

Also they might reintroduce him into the comics. Ultra Magnus arrested him on Earth, and he hasn't been seen since - but he's one of the Decepticons' most interesting movers and shakers. So... a recolor into his original paint scheme?
>>
File: excited.jpg (78KB, 761x470px) Image search: [Google]
excited.jpg
78KB, 761x470px
>>6080985
That would be awesome.

>>6080986
>a recolor into his original paint scheme?
I do wonder how he'd look like with a G1 Scorponok paint scheme.
>>
>>6080945
>That

Yeah,no.

I think i'll be sticking with my Generations Kup.
>>
File: IMG_1204.jpg (202KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1204.jpg
202KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: 59383449_p0.png (919KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
59383449_p0.png
919KB, 1000x1000px
>>6080996
So I'm new to collecting Transformers (just ordered a loose Evolution Classics Optimus a few days ago, super excited for it's arrival) but is it normal for most of the new releases to have hollowed/gappy limbs like Kup in this picture? I noticed the Classics figures don't have these.
>>
File: rm1.jpg (132KB, 800x914px) Image search: [Google]
rm1.jpg
132KB, 800x914px
>>6081007
>I noticed the Classics figures don't have these.
They did.
>>
File: back-full[1].jpg (95KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
back-full[1].jpg
95KB, 565x800px
>>6081008
Don't forget the best toy in the line.
>>
>>6080994
Thanks for the update. We were concerned on what you might do.
>>
>>6081007
Fuck off, Classics shill. Your line is outdated garbage. Thank god for TR and Generations 2.0.
>>
File: test.jpg (132KB, 960x594px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
132KB, 960x594px
>>6081007
For most modern toys yes, from the smallest forms to the leaders, hell the current titan class figures are hollow BUT they don't expose them.

>loose Evolution Classics Optimus

You mean the one on the left?

I got one myself, nifty thing, if not for the truck front kibble he'd be perfect, of course you can treat him like the upcoming manga convoy and pretend they're arm shields.

>>6081008
While *technically* correct they're minimized, I can spot tr hardhead's arm hollows and leg hollows more than what the classics seeker has (the fist are the worst part but don't seem as large).

>>6081017
>this hate
Woah, wait does this mean there is an equally angry anti g1 anon around who hates the lovable bricks?

I want him to shit on the original pmop somehow, I want to see this happen
>>
>>6081016
No problem, the people need to know.
>>
>>6080945
if they release that figure as ANYONE else, I might pick one up, but as Kup? no thanks, even if it means Igear's heads now need a headmaster option.
>>
File: 52761122_p0.jpg (478KB, 1034x1472px) Image search: [Google]
52761122_p0.jpg
478KB, 1034x1472px
>>6081008
>>6081011
Hm I guess they do have some but the more recent figures seem to be just there when it's not even for transformation purposes. It's noticeable on even their guns too.
>>6081022
Yeah, that's the one I ordered. I think it looks great. I've always wanted a G1-ish Optimus Prime and the Classic design looks awesome. By the way what Convoy manga are you talking about? Do you know the name?
>>
File: 20161220_195209.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161220_195209.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
Guns with 5mm barrel-ports makes me go hnnnngggggg
>>
File: test.jpg (255KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
255KB, 500x500px
>>6081027
Sorry, I spelt it wrong, "magna" convoy, its a diaclone blue repaint with TR alpha trion's sword and mindwipe's shield accessories.

Its an over priced repaint of an old toy, I would of gotten it but for the price I could of bought 2 more of the damn evolution sets
>>
>>6081022
Literally commit suicide, you shill piece of shit. All you do is shit up these threads with "muh john warden maymays xddd" and "muh classics prime and muh classics bee xdddd so good".

>muh g1 luvble bricks
Holy shit, who let this cancer into the thread?
>>
File: 45008184_p0.jpg (3MB, 3400x4680px) Image search: [Google]
45008184_p0.jpg
3MB, 3400x4680px
>>6081030
Ah I see. I can understand the confusion. That paintjob doesn't look half bad though. Takara/Hasbro is really getting a lot of mileage out of that figure considering it's what, 10 years old now?
>>
>>6081027
>"the Classic design looks awesome"
>he says while posting RID cringe trash as unrelated pic
TFW is really leaking into these threads huh?
>>
File: ecksdee.png (637KB, 868x582px) Image search: [Google]
ecksdee.png
637KB, 868x582px
Will he ever come back?
>>
>>6081036
Cringe
>>
File: test.jpg (184KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
184KB, 600x338px
>>6081031
>muh John Warden maymays

Um, no I don't, I do admit I am a fan of classics optimus but even I know the flaws.

But hay thanks for trying to ruse me kid, your responses have made my day :^)

>>6081033
Yeah but eh, hasbro's take was less than inspired, and they call the clear blue bits a homage for when prime's gut got slashed in the movie, what utter horse shit, no excuse was made about megatron either (I seen him in person, paint job is sloppy), I'm glad I already have these 2 molds.

Infact its a stark reminder of what each generation of transformers has, a line wide flaw, cw had same-ness due to the retooling standards, classics had kibble, TR seems to expose the hollow sections alot more and dare I dread a return to stickers, other than some really out there idw redesigns I think generations was the better, I just got me a whirl, he's...something else.

I'm glad I'm steering towards mp's, my wallet may suffer but my collection shall not, got all the classics I ever wanted and that was prime, megs and the seekers.

>>6081036
I'm curious, I want to see what cancer lies here
>>
>>6081043
Fuck off back to TFW, cringelord.
>>
>>6081007
Its normal for hallowed parts. It's mainly for transformation.
>>
>>6081051
If you look at Kup's transformation his hollow forearms aren't where his hands go, in fact his hands don't look to be capable of fitting in them.
>>
>>6081053
The arms kind of remind me of Chromedome with the shoulder joints
>>
>>6080926
Dirge is really one of the meeker Seekers.
>>
>>6080931
>they really should've updated that mold or redone it by now. It's just not that good.
This is their perfect plan. They had everyone waiting on the coneheads, so they're snapping them up like starving animals, then a year or two down the line, they can make MP-45 a new, improved Seeker mold, and Seekerfags will buy it like the battered housewives they are. They can whore it out 7 more times and make plenty of bank.
>>
>>6080994
The shame is that, as much as I love Generations Kup, there was room in my heart for a good, fully G1 re-imagining of the character, especially with the new balance and reduced complexity of the Generations line, but this is just kind of weak.

I suppose I can hope for an MP.
>>
>>6081091
Yeah I could really go for a good futuristic Kup too, I wouldn't mind actually if they had a modern go at a lot of the "chug" guys.
>>
I really like that Kup Figure. Head may not be the right color but that vehicle mode is lovely It looks like a retro space age transport vehicle hauling moon rocks to the moon base.

Now I hope we get Sureshot Crosshairs, and pointblank. As it stands now we could have these guys be straight up repaints with the vehicle modes right now. Hot Rod, Kup, and Chromedome could all pass for them. But I would like some retooling if original molds are a no-go.
>>
Or they could pull a Blurr/Brainstorm and retool Highbrow for Crosshairs by just removing helicopter wings and rotors and giving him wheels.
>>
>>6081111
It's too bad their toy colors are awful. Seriously, it's not like the Generations Blurr, and Kup were completely cartoon accurate. They used similar colors, but they still changed bits here and there (mostly Blurr, and he still looked good.
>>
>>6081017
I have to say, I'm coming around on this. I used to be annoyed with what the Generations line became when it downsized and simplified, especially with Repaint Wars, but new figures like Hardhead and Triggerhappy have gotten me to reconsider. They're doing a great job getting the most out of simple Transformations that you can do in 30 seconds or less.

I had kind of stopped buying retail deluxe class because their quality and complexity just sort of occupied a middle ground between legends class and MP that I didn't really need. Now that they've simplified, I find them much more fun to fiddle with.
>>
File: test.jpg (128KB, 960x497px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
128KB, 960x497px
Gotta say this.

TR kup looks alright mold wise, and his hasbro version has enough color variation to stand out unlike some figures which we know.

While the paint apps are homaging the toy it seems they went full on with the marvel comics colors, it ain't a perfect match but why else would they use a black helmet for kup?

So, honest question, for those who ARE buying the hasbro version, is it because of the cost, you like the mold regardless, do you like the colors or are you desperate for a kup for your collection?
>>
>>6081140
Buying both, Kup's my favorite character. Really wish TR would let me transform them with the heads still on, though, even though headmasters are my favorite gimmick I feel a bit slighted that it'll be another few years or so before I get another shot at a perfect Kup update. I knew 6 months ago when the leak was announced to expect toy colors on this US release, so that doesn't phase me any.
>>
>>6081143
Well hasbro *usually* homages toy deco's to begin with.

Usually, UW grand galvatron and Legends ultra magnus took them for a spin
>>
>>6081145
Exactly, so IDK why people are surprised by this. Especially when TR keeping up very toy-inspired colors across the line.
>>
>>6081140
Honeslty, the whole figure just seems weird to me.

Despite homaging the toy colors, they clearly skimped out (the windshield is suppose to be painted blue at the bottom, and it even has molded detail for it like the painted top, but it's not painted), then there's the fact they're using black instead of gray, and my personal favorite issue, is the fact that the front of the vehicle is painted black, which stands out ALOT when transformed.

There's also the vehicle mode. It doesn't really look good. Blurr and Rodimus are still looking good, but Kup looks like what a Third Party would try to do.
>>
>>6081149
Yeah, I particularly hate the headlights being seen in robot mode =\
>>
>>6081149
The weirdest thing about all of this is that Kup is so close to being a shell former in design and yet they went out of their way to make him extra complex.
>>
File: G1_Kup_toy.jpg (80KB, 899x535px) Image search: [Google]
G1_Kup_toy.jpg
80KB, 899x535px
>>6081147
In my case, the correct toy homage would of given kup a grey helmet at least, if the head were molded in the grey/teal it uses, I would of been 100% fine with the deco choice as I can say "that's kup" from a distance.

For me its not until you look closer, know marvel comics, or just pop him into pickup mode that you know who he is (bare in mind I like to have collections where casual collectors can spot a figure at a glance).

So, think the surprise is the large amount of black plastic is in use

>>6081149
Hasbro have been known to do that, like the blurr mold how it had a space for a faction logo but didn't bother (let alone the rest)

As for the vehicle, while ALOT of tr's alt modes have been nailing the whole g1 perfection to a degree perhaps its the design that limits it, maybe more paint apps can fix it, or perhaps only a mp could do him justice.

Still more g1 accurate than the generations figure, its just the base colors of the hasbro version and the cleanness that keep it afloat, until takara announces theirs I've begun searching for a cheap loose generations one.

>>6081152
I don't think even takara's would fix that, I was thinking painting half the windshield but where the lights are would not help it, I'm worried they might just not bother painting it on takara's
>>
>>6081154
It doesn't look like those headlights are molded on, so you could probably just strip that section.
>>
File: Comics and Animation - Kup.jpg (25KB, 180x428px) Image search: [Google]
Comics and Animation - Kup.jpg
25KB, 180x428px
>>6081140
>it seems they went full on with the marvel comics colors

I had a look to compare, and just looking at the character model alone show's how off this guy is, I really hope he's crap to make whatever he's a pretool of better.
>>
>>6081159
What could they work him into?

Infact, what could they do with wave 4 deluxes?

>perceptor
>kup
>topspin
>???
>>
>>6081162
Most people seem to think Crosshairs, I could see that working, but I'd hope it be like Scourge and Highbrow in terms of difference.

One guy thinks he's related to Topspin in some way.
>>
>>6081162
Someone said they think he might be retooled into Topspin?

Also, we're supposedly getting a Krok, and Quake later on. No idea how they'll fit the remaining Targetmasters, and Twin Twist (if he's even getting a deluxe).

Assuming things go well.

Wave four gets Krok.

Wave 5 is 2 Decepticon Targetmasers, 2 Autobot Targetmasters

Wave 6 Has Quake, the remaining Autobot Targetmaster, Twintwist, and some other random asshole.
>>
>>6081167
Oh yeah, and on legends, we should at least get:

Eject, Frenzy, and maybe Sundor

The one's confirmed coming later are Chase... and I don't think they've mentined any other toy (maybe another Throttlebot using the Brawn mold).
>>
>>6081154
It would be nice if they went with an opaque plastic, but we all know they won't.
>>
>>6081166
>one guy thinks he's related to topspin in some way

look at topspin, same legs, I said that topspin was the kup mold the second I saw it and we had yet to see kup at that point
>>
>>6081167
Most of everything past wave 4 hasn't been confirmed by any independent source outside of the notoriously unreliable chinese internet.

Quake also ships with Krok and Kup and Topspin.
>>
File: 1420518928770.png (107KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1420518928770.png
107KB, 320x287px
>People will pay 180 dollars for Takara Dirge despite how garbage the mold is
>>
File: KEK.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>6081208
>adults pay money for kids toys for themselves
>>
>>6081217

>MP and high end 3P figures
>Kids toys

I'm sure children can't wait for the ballache of turning megs into a p38.
>>
>>6081159
The design itself is IDW Kup. As is typical, IDW designs ruin everything.
>>
>>6081223
kid's toys. faggot
>>
>>6081223
In comparison to actual collectors items, yeah, TFs are pretty much kids toys.

When the precious MP line can't even put a coat of paint on Shockwave it just shows how much they'll cut costs to keep things cheap enough for their fanbase. There isn't seemingly a lot of interest in making things super high end.
>>
>>6081223
And I'm sure kids can't wait to turn Soundwaves into a shitty 80s boom box. But that's what the awful new fanfiction tier designers at Hasbro made the TR one become anyway. Because their childhood.
>>
>>6081177
Feel free to jerk yourself off why not?
>>
File: shittopiissu.jpg (30KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
shittopiissu.jpg
30KB, 800x448px
idunno, guys.
Isn't the whole point of Kup that he looks old and shitty? I like the other Kup more as a toy but he is not all that in character for Kup.
>>
>>6081030
>Alpha Trion's sword
ok, it's a sword. Swords are cool and generally pretty universal
>Mindwarp's retarded tail/gun thing
wat
>>
>>6081315
>expecting any less from the weeaboo version of funpub
>>
Is it too soon for another Orion? maybe takara will release it to use PM Prime TM.
>>
>>6081331
Generations Orion will be a hard toy to beat.
>>
>>6080945

The original Kup toy had a grey head. It's toy accurate, just like Hasbro goes for.

And I for one am gonna like it, because I owned Kup as a kid, and it'll be nice to have an updated version.
>>
>>6081331
I only have Sixshot but aren't Leader-class TMs like "more-face, less-head"? I.e. they look weird on smaller size classes.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
>>6081284
>Isn't the whole point of Kup that he looks old and shitty?
Not really. He's depicted as an old character, but his robot design is on par with all the other '86 movie bots. In fact, I think his bot mode is actually pretty sleek and stylish. If he looks "shitty" at all, it's because he's typically drawn with some dents or scuffs on him to accentuate his age and ruggedness, but that's doesn't really translate to a toy that looks like dump.
>>
File: titrpowop11.jpg (289KB, 593x544px) Image search: [Google]
titrpowop11.jpg
289KB, 593x544px
>>6081340
Just for the tapedecks and maybe Sixshot, PM Prime TM face is tiny.
>>
File: IMG_3915.jpg (115KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3915.jpg
115KB, 700x400px
Is it wrong that I really love these guys?

>no arms
>all gimmick
>topheavy
>grossly inaccurate bug mode
>effectively a brick
>>
>>6081249
Actually Soundwave is more an ipod style docking station.
>>
>>6081401
Just toys. Do as you wish.
>>
>>6081401
It's just harmless plastic. So long as you aren't harming anyone with it there's nothing wrong with enjoying your hobby.
>>
>>6081401
If they're what you like, then we've got you back!
>>
File: ChristmasIsHere.jpg (825KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ChristmasIsHere.jpg
825KB, 1600x1200px
Aww yeah, all this popped up in my mailbox today.
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 600x800px
Fun fact: Hasbro continues to produce select DOTM figures in small numbers.
>>
File: Doublecross1.jpg (817KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Doublecross1.jpg
817KB, 1600x1200px
>>6081569

How Doublecross isn't considered the absolute star of Wave 3 is beyond me. Triggerhappy is great, but it's hard to beat out a two headed dragonbot. He's even got twice the grinning factor of Skullcruncher, the darling of Wave 1.
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 800x600px
>>6081577
Also at some point in the last year, they made a Kreon box set with an exclusive Evac. I don't think anyone actually cared enough to post about it.
>>
File: Doublecross2.jpg (812KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Doublecross2.jpg
812KB, 1600x1200px
>>6081584

I mean, c'mon, he can even laugh derisively at TWO different things at the same time.
>>
File: got_the_moves.jpg (41KB, 216x353px) Image search: [Google]
got_the_moves.jpg
41KB, 216x353px
Isn't it about time for Takara to announce some more figures soon? I really want to see their Rumble/Frenzy.
>>
>>6081036
I still wonder whether he was trolling or actually retarded.
>>
File: kup.png (2MB, 1852x837px) Image search: [Google]
kup.png
2MB, 1852x837px
Should I add the generations/united mold to this chart?
>>
File: DoublecrossAndTheHappySmilesBand.jpg (821KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DoublecrossAndTheHappySmilesBand.jpg
821KB, 1600x1200px
>>6081599

Just look at how happy they all are. Goddamn, they're the 3 happiest robots I own.
>>
>>6081614
Yeah go for. Still a great rendition. I prefer the updated truck mode over the space pick-up.
>>
>>6081217
You do realize the entire board is called /toy/, right?
>>
>>6081614
add IDW Kup to the chart, because that's who the sculpt is based on even if the colors are a marvel g1 attempt.
>>
>>6081634
You do know what sarcasm is, right?
>>
File: kup.png (2MB, 2174x837px) Image search: [Google]
kup.png
2MB, 2174x837px
>>6081614
Updated.
>>
>>6081036
I swear I remembered this guy for the first time in years just a few days ago. Did we ever find out what his deal was?
>>
File: triggerhappy3d.jpg (20KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
triggerhappy3d.jpg
20KB, 300x226px
TAKARA TRIGGERHAPPY

W
H
E
N
>>
File: Christmas1.jpg (1MB, 1317x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas1.jpg
1MB, 1317x1095px
I hope you've got appropriate ornaments for your trees, Anon's.
>>
>>6081662
>TR Hot Rod and Blurr are almost pure GEEWUN
>TR Kup is pure IDW

Why?
>>
>>6081584
>Doublecross isn't considered the absolute star of Wave 3 is beyond me.
The bicep curl arms and stupid way he holds his guns kill it for a lot of people.
>>
>>6081584
It's because Triggerhappy is way better.
>>
>>6081662
>Shitpiece through the ages

>>6081713
Because they know manbabbies like you like both.
>>
>>6081642
Your comments are interesting and valuable, please continue posting.

I think I have a pretty good grasp on the concept, yeah.
>>
>>6081525
>>6081520
>>6081459
You do realize I meant Retrax/Powerhug specifically right? They really aren't the best of figures hence why I asked.
>>
>>6081796
You're right, the hivemind believes those toys are crap, so you are a faulty human. Please exit the board and prepare to have your individuality removed.
>>
>>6081796
What does it matter? You like them and that's the important thing. You don't need anyone else's approval for your own happiness.
>>
>>6081796
Ah shut up bitch.
>>
>>6081717
Also his beast mode hips not connecting to really anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2446x2875px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2446x2875px
>>6081863
Actually his beat mode hips lock in quite securely. They just have an unconventional connection. There's a nub on the hip connections that slides between the gap near them.

It's hard to explain, so here's some pics.
>>
File: legends-soundwave.jpg (143KB, 912x1200px) Image search: [Google]
legends-soundwave.jpg
143KB, 912x1200px
dumping new pics of takara soundwave, ravage, and laserbeak
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2446x2924px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2446x2924px
>>6081884
The center hole should fit over the quadrilateral peg just behind the robot hips. It's not a secure connection, but the nub from the last pic is enough to hold it in place.
>>
>>6081863
Seibertron posted the Convobat pack in comic.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/packin-comic-for-ehobby-exclusive-convobat/36968/

Notably, we're shown that Megalligator can control transtectors without having to Head on with them. He uses:

-Skullcruncher (he's using this one)
-Hardhead
-Chromedome
-Brainstorm
-Highbrow
-Weirdwolf
-Galvatron
-Scourge might have been there, but it was hard to tell.

The Astrotrain/Sentinel body makes a cameo at the end in vehicle, carrying another character.

And they sadly don't follow up on the other bat transformer shown in the previous story.
>>
File: 4904810873884.jpg (132KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4904810873884.jpg
132KB, 600x600px
>>
File: image.jpg (929KB, 2587x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
929KB, 2587x2448px
>>6081894
The right hip is what it looks like pegged in. It clicks in very solidly and helps the tail peg in.
>>
File: 4904810873884-1.jpg (100KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4904810873884-1.jpg
100KB, 400x400px
>>
File: 4904810873891.jpg (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4904810873891.jpg
143KB, 600x600px
>>
File: 4904810873891-1.jpg (101KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4904810873891-1.jpg
101KB, 400x400px
>>
>>6081892

dat extra paint on the rifle
>>
>>6081906
>>6081904
>>6081900
>>6081897
I'm not hip to headmasters. Who are those little guys supposed to be?
>>
>>6080985
You are wrong, it's just Scorponok
>>
File: image.jpg (818KB, 2013x2991px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
818KB, 2013x2991px
Does this count as a gerwalk?
>>
>>6081911
apeface is the guy with laserbeak, bullhorn is the one with ravage.

Bullhorn for the US version is terribull
>>
File: TAK12445.jpg (42KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
TAK12445.jpg
42KB, 752x564px
Anyone planning on getting Magna Convoy?
>>
>>6081933
Nah. I'd prefer mp-10 or evasion prime in those colors than something that's 10 years late.
>>
>>6081884
>>6081894
I know about all that, but it really doesn't work very well. The pegs in the second picture aren't even the same shape so it doesn't even hold it, it just sits in there.

Aside from that, and that his legs should be grey, I like him.
>>
>>6081242
There is paint on mp shockwave but only for the diecast sections.

I'm conflicted, I assumed the lack of paint was so we can handle the figure more often but inferno is dipped straight in the stuff, I'm very confused
>>
>>6081933
That sword looks really nice, but not for 100 American Pesos along with a decade old mold.
>>
>>6081941
Actually, I just found if you plug the peg into the top hole on the hip instead of the middle one, it actually clicks in securely.
>>
So it turns out Convobat doesn't have Mindwipe's weapons. I assumed it wouldn't include them since they weren't advertised, but it's pretty weird they did since they're molded with the rest of the figure, seems like a waste not to include them.
>>
>>6081401
The bug mode is an alien lifeform.
>>
>>6080956
Takara will almost certainly do a BW Scorponok out of him to go with Blackarachnia. The character needs a new toy anyway (you try finding one where the bee claw's not fucked for under $1 billion)
>>
>>6081951
Unless itll be included in a future ehobby?
>>
>>6080956
i really like the colour of paralon but i like the head on scorponok more
>>
>>6081987
Magna Convoy has one, but I can't tell if it's the same one made with Convobat (it should be grey painted blue if that's the case)
>>
>>6081698
I'll be worse because it'll have toy accurate head.
>>
>Want to like Kup
>Those colors that aren't really toy accurate
>That transparent windshield that not only looks terrible, but they also didn't paint the bottom of it (there's even detail indicating it's meant to be painted over)
>>
>>6081698

Next year maybe?
>>
>>6081892
Takara wins again.
>>
>>6082072
I just cant get past the proportions
>>
>>6082034
Wait for takaras then
>>
I was just posing my individual Technobots for the first time and I noticed my UW Scattershot has two left heels.

I wonder if that's common assembly error?
>>
File: IMG_2194.jpg (53KB, 498x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2194.jpg
53KB, 498x853px
>>6081045

You fuck off back to the Allspark you stupid Hascuck. Transformers toys have indisputably gotten more hollow and lighter since Classics, and you have to be some sort of blind retard not to have noticed it. Does it make them bad toys? No, but to say that there have been no changes to the design and plastic used for these toys in the last 15 years is the height of autism and faggotry.
>>
File: 1351912875334.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1351912875334.png
17KB, 300x300px
>>6082121
>Transformers toys have indisputably gotten more hollow and lighter since Classics
I swear my Voyager Classics Optimus Prime weighs as much if not more than Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus.
>>
>>6082034
You said that last thread and no one cared
>>
>>6082141
Really? I don't remember posting anything in that thread.
>>
>>6082147
Okay
>>
>>6082136
Leader class toys are bigger than Voyager aren't they?
>>
File: 11202016224126.jpg (165KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
11202016224126.jpg
165KB, 791x1024px
The new BB looks good with a Clobber cannon.

>>6081895
That's fucking cerberus Bruticus! What a weird inclusion.
>>
>>6081899
I can't figure out how to peg it in like that on mine, it just won't go.
>>
File: DoublecrossRunSharkticonRun.jpg (884KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DoublecrossRunSharkticonRun.jpg
884KB, 1600x1200px
>>6082254

It took me like 10 minutes myself figuring this shit out. Try to do one leg at a time, it's possible but harder than it looks.
>>
>>6082121
So the classics shill finally shows himself.

Kill yourself you retarded TFW browsing fuckface.
>>
I hate rubber so fucking much. I left Mindwipe in bat mode for a week since I've been so busy with work, and when I finally fiddle with him again, the rubber bat wings melted some of the paint on the robot mode chest.
>>
File: HowHorrifying.jpg (48KB, 420x338px) Image search: [Google]
HowHorrifying.jpg
48KB, 420x338px
>>6082288

How? Pics?
>>
>>6082303
No camera at the moment, but this is always an issue with rubber. If you leave rubber next to something painted for a period of time, it starts dissolving it. It can also do the same to plastic, but that takes longer.

Anyway, I shouldn't have bought Mindwipe since I knew this would happen eventually.
>>
>>6082310
I had him in bat mode over 2 weeks sitting on Devs and hes still as good as new, do you live in an oven?
>>
>>6082316
I live in the Caribbean, so yes.
>>
Masterpiece Soundwave Hasbro Asia Reissue is instock at robotkingdom. WTF BBTS and TFsource. Get your shit together. You haven't even told me it's a 10 day wait and I can order it right now and have it delivered next week from mr.chinaman. If only I didn't want to support the US and not china. Fuck.
>>
>>6082310
Certain types of rubbers do that, yes, but I'm not sure they use those in toys. Please provide photographic evidence when possible.
>>
>>6082324
>muh china le bad muh support us
>he says while not realizing that RK is HK based
>while not realizing that RK is the reason there's a massive markup on western retailers since they function as a middleman for them
>while not realizing that he's buying toys that are basically made in china anyways
>while not realizing that the US is not going to pick up no matter how many Trumps there are and that China's fate as the next world superpower is sealed

How does it feel to literally have the intelligence and knowledge of the average redneck?
>>
>>6082331
>and that China's fate as the next world superpower is sealed

China's fucked itself up for a little while at least with the child policy limiting their growth. Now theres a whole generation with few women to go around.
>>
>>6082136
Ha, her head looks like a snail and she lives in a shell!
>>
>>6082288
>>6082310
>>6082316
>>6082328

Sounds like heat + humidity caused the rubber to stick to the paint and it peeled off, which is not the same as dissolving it.
>>
>>6082328
Had it happen to ROTF Bludgeon. While he didn't strip paint, the rubber tracks melted a few sections.
>>
>>6082337
A minor delay won't change the inevitable.

Although I do hope that becoming a superpower means that the mainlanders get their shit together and stop eating dog meat/shitting in streets/not washing their hands after using public toilets/not using garbage bins/being lowlife sub-human scum in general.
>>
>>6080945
Alt mode looks fantastic. Robot mode looks bad.
>>
File: P_20161221_121924.jpg (550KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161221_121924.jpg
550KB, 2048x1152px
For those who are interested in how does the new figures look like without the stickers.
Well, here is Megatron in his jet mode.
Currently going over Prime.
>>
File: 20161110_191403.jpg (138KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
20161110_191403.jpg
138KB, 1152x864px
Perhaps Hasbro ran out of the blue-ish teal plastic and had to settle with the black plastic for Kup.
>>
>>6082434
>LG Galvatron
I feel sorry for you
>>
File: Insecticons.jpg (831KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Insecticons.jpg
831KB, 1600x1200px
>>6082435
>Blurr and Scourge have virtually no paint
>other characters in the line are basically all paint, in places where they should be plastic
>sudden, weird uses of rubber on various figures

This is one weird line, I gotta say.
>>
File: 1430791565040.png (19KB, 724x552px) Image search: [Google]
1430791565040.png
19KB, 724x552px
>>6082459
>sudden, weird uses of rubber on various figures
This really posts my pepes. I love Mindwipe and Kickback but the rubber is turning me off.
>>
File: image.png (306KB, 701x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
306KB, 701x475px
>>6082479
>Mindwipe has rubber bot wings and bat head
>Skullsmasher has a rubber cockpit panel

>Twinferno has bigger wings and a cockpit panel made out of STIFF TRANSLUCENT PLASTIC
>>
>>6082434
Would be perfectly acceptable if they just tampo'd the faction insignia. I'm honestly very happy with Hasbro Sentinel and Blurr. Megs and especially Optimus disgust me though with those stickers.
>>
File: theres a good caption for this.jpg (254KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
theres a good caption for this.jpg
254KB, 1143x857px
>>6081599
Honestly, the bayformer does it better.

Doublecross had potential, but those arms are absolutely inexcusable considering RID Bisk got released at the same time and has like triple the articulation with those claw arms.
>>
File: P_20161221_160533.jpg (407KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161221_160533.jpg
407KB, 2048x1152px
And here is the one for Prime.

And yes, I have removed stickers ready to be mailed to Hasbro's office.
>>
>>6082551
...that silver oil tank actually doesn't look half-bad sticker-free.
>>
>>6082551
>ready to be mailed to Hasbro's office.
I really hope you aren't that pathetic.
>>
>>6082175
Yeah, that's the point.
>>
>>6082557
Fuck off Hasbro shill, we need to send a message to Warden himself that we won't settle for shit.
>>
>>6082551
>stickers ready to be mailed to Hasbro's office.

kek

let's all do this
>>
File: P_20161221_163858.jpg (574KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161221_163858.jpg
574KB, 2048x1152px
>>6082557
What if I am?

>Dear Hasbro:
>It’s 2017.
>You are serious?
>Sincerely
>Anon
>>
>>6082571
They'll just forward it to vietnam and use it for another piece going up the shelves.
>>
File: 6qcb5JA[1].jpg (1MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
6qcb5JA[1].jpg
1MB, 2988x5312px
Would you have bought Rattrap the triple changing water buffalo / crab?
>>
>>6082573
that crab mode is disgusting like a fucking facehugger

i'd buy it
>>
>>6082565
>>6082571
>being this pathetic over toys for children
:)
>>
>>6082573
No because he doesn't have hands and the kibble is ridiculous.
>>
>>6082588
>Implying he is not doing this Ironically

Seriously though, those stickers are shit. The least they can do is let the buyer apply them themselves.
>>
File: yeah.gif (4MB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.gif
4MB, 500x271px
>>6082551
>yes, I have removed stickers ready to be mailed to Hasbro's office
>>
File: prime.jpg (33KB, 326x279px) Image search: [Google]
prime.jpg
33KB, 326x279px
>>6082551
godammit it's like a cheap toy

can't they at least cover these
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
@6082588
>>
>>6082434
>>6082551

These really aren't that bad. Megatron is a little bland, but they certainly aren't god awful. Hasbro only stood to anger people with those stickers.

Also could you post the rest of their modes?
>>
>>6082557

It's not pathetic, it's non-violent reproach: "don't use these, they suck".
>>
>>6082434

Not bad, not bad.

I bet this was just an experiment.
>>
>>6082636
Experiment to what exactly?
Whether people would take stickers over painted details?
>>
File: Leader - Skyshadow - Robot.jpg (105KB, 1042x833px) Image search: [Google]
Leader - Skyshadow - Robot.jpg
105KB, 1042x833px
>>6082636
If it was, I'd rather it'd just been limited to the voyagers, they didn't need to ruin Six-shot with it too. Skyshadow also uses stickers now that I think about it.
>>
File: club-impactor-076.jpg (145KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
club-impactor-076.jpg
145KB, 1200x900px
Can Funpub not get a single headsculpt right?
>>
>>6082667
No. Thanks be they're only going to continue beating the dead corpse of GI Joe.
>>
>>6082459
>>6082479
>>6082507
Agree with all of this. I'm waiting for the worse of the worse to show up and we will be dealing with vacuum chrome again.
>>
>>6082507
Twinferno's transformation has very little clearance as well almost ensuring this all goes wrong.
>>
>>6082507
His arms are too but painted over...
>>
>>6082637

Precisely.
>>
File: archer.jpg (15KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
archer.jpg
15KB, 200x255px
Stickers? No wonder John's nickname around the office used to be Mr. Minimum Effort.
>>
>>6082686
Wait twinferno has rubber bits???
>>
>>6082718
No, clear parts.

The arms (painted) and wings
>>
Wait, they seriously think the fans are OK with the damn stickers replacing the basic paint?

Do they think this is going to fly?
People will actively letting them know this is not OK right on panels and event right?
>>
>>6082721
Sure.
>>
>>6082721
It's geewun accurate.
>>
>>6082721
>People will actively letting them know this is not OK right on panels and event right?

It's already happening with anon sending their stickers to them in an envelope.
>>
>>6082731
Can't wait until he gets his form letter reply.
>>
>>6082731
Really?

Did he post proof, what was the address he used?
>>
>>6082737
It's a shitty forced meme by the Archer shills ITT, ignore it.

The stickers are bad but the mailing thing is pure autism.
>>
>>6082738
Well, real or not I'd like to protest the use of stickers, sending genuine feedback would suffice to me...provided a few people bring up valid complains.

>collectors-they'll peel off over time
>parents-they become ugly due to their little shits roughing them up
>casual buyers-dafuq is this cheap shit and why does it cost so much?

We can think of others but I'm not a fan of them, and I'll be royally pissed if takara uses them too
>>
>>6082718
No, but his wings and the panel on his beast mode belly are long flat panels of clear plastic, which isn't known for its durability.

His arms are painted clear plastic too, but they're really thick so most people aren't worried about them.
>>
>>6082742
>I'll be royally pissed if takara uses them too
They already have, on Rewind.
>>
>>6082731
>It's already happening with anon sending their stickers to them in an envelope.
You know, the best thing they could have done to protest the use of stickers was not buy the damn thing in the first place, but we all know that's out of the question here.
>>
File: shock and awe.gif (389KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
shock and awe.gif
389KB, 300x230px
>>6082750
Oh right, FUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>6082752
>I don't like an easily removable thing on my toy
>I'm not going to buy it!

>*everyone else still buys them and nothing is accomplished*

mind you this isn't an argument for mailing stickers, because that's stupid too
>>
>>6082776
I suppose the rest of the argument is that without the detail of the stickers, the toy looks even worse in its swirly, beige-gray plastic. The official color of Hasbro.
>>
ITT : Entitled manchildren
>>
>>6082819
This desu, you're spending $20 on mainline Transformers toys it's not like you're paying a premium like the MP line or say a Soul of Chogokin release.
Sure it would've been better to just give you the sticker sheet to apply the stickers yourself but they didn't do that so shut up and get over it already.
>>
File: megatron comparison.jpg (63KB, 960x547px) Image search: [Google]
megatron comparison.jpg
63KB, 960x547px
So while he's not colored as such, he does infact have toy accurate details.

IF hasbro got it it would be wise to slather him in silver paint with red panels, effectively beating takara's version in terms of deco
>>
File: ko alert.jpg (103KB, 890x960px) Image search: [Google]
ko alert.jpg
103KB, 890x960px
Apparently they've made a ko SG prime.

Actually packing more to him than the real thing
>>
File: mp megatron comparison.jpg (98KB, 960x795px) Image search: [Google]
mp megatron comparison.jpg
98KB, 960x795px
>>6082843
While we're at it, lets compare the line art for both.

...yeah they made mp05's look amazing, shame the actual toy is shit
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (133KB, 1748x984px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
133KB, 1748x984px
>>6082850
>control art gives Megatron a normal head
>actual figure goes full retard

What happened
>>
File: LG super ginrai+god ginrai.jpg (97KB, 697x960px) Image search: [Google]
LG super ginrai+god ginrai.jpg
97KB, 697x960px
Honest question, IF hasbro pumps out an "apex armor" set for PMOP, would you buy it?

I would be willing to buy it as well as the legends version just to see the artistic differences
>>
>>6082822
Aren't voyager class toys 30 bucks? Either way, it's a lot to ask for a toy with next to zero paint apps and shitty stickers that look straight out of 1992. Especially when just a few years ago they were made to a much higher standard.

>>6082843
I'm not sure it would be worth Hasbro's insane price inflation and shit QC. I'd rather Takara just do another version. It's not like it wouldn't sell.

That would be the smarter plan. Do the cartoon-accurate version first, since it's the uglier of the two, then do a toy-accurate silver version that will be much harder to resist.
>>
File: 201640zz0hkj0j2st2266s[1].jpg (125KB, 777x1023px) Image search: [Google]
201640zz0hkj0j2st2266s[1].jpg
125KB, 777x1023px
>>6082843
>>
>>6082331
>China's fate as the next world superpower
>barely has above average military power
>society ripping at its seams
>productive lands already pushed to its limits
>economy based on selling cheap plastic crap to the west
It will be India. Prepare for poo.
>>
>twinferno uses transparent black plastic for the arms
For what purpose? The already have a runner for white plastic.
>>
>>6082859
>using the "a few years ago" argument

Transformers are only going to get worse and worse, just like any other toys. I thought people would have been used to this shit by now since the heddy days of 2012
>>
>>6082856

The deadline crunch of only having two weeks to design it and then rushing it out to production probably.
>>
>>6082872
t. Pajeet
>>
>>6082858
Depends how it looks, with rumors of apex being a deluxe i can only assume its just wings/gauntlets and cannon, chest already homages both power master engine and apex armor.
>>
>>6082877
Titsns returns are fucking find
>>
>>6082876
No, the monster arms are clear plastic just painted.

Its the way they plan their runners, I wonder if they mold them intended for one figure or in mass of one limb.
>>
>>6082721
TF's have been lacking in paint for years now. Stickers would honestly be better than nothing, if they actually made them optional instead of factory applied.
>>
>>6082884
>turning over and accepting shit

Good for you. I'll stick to the older, better transformers of yesteryear.
>>
>>6082904
Oh fuck off Archer shill
>>
>>6082912
Finally, someone else who likes combiner wars!
>>
>>6082916
When will you stop fucking shitting up these threads with your "muh cumboner wars is le so le bad xddd le no paint le mail stickers xdd" bullshit?

It's fucking obnoxious and the reason that these threads are so bad.

Just fuck off to TFW and stay there, they'll take in your shitposting.
>>
Predaking is showing up in the IDW comics. Hopefully, this means there might be something for him soon.
>>
>>6082916
>finally get fan favorite combiners after being told for years by Archer that combiners just can't work

Damn right there are people who like Combiner Wars.
>>
File: IMG_3692.jpg (37KB, 300x257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3692.jpg
37KB, 300x257px
>>6082926
Daily reminder that this is Archer's idea of """""combiners"""""
>>
>>6082916
Fuck yeah, combiners are the shit. Tho I prefer less conventional ones over Scramble City ones.
>>
>>6082932
Like which ones?

For me, Bruticus all the way!
>>
>>6082877
Why? Is there some kind of accepted rule that toys just get shittier as time goes on? Don't they typically get better? Transformers WERE getting better for a while over the past 10 years, why should we accept that they're just going to get worse?
>>
>>6082964
Because plastic and a workforce costs money.
>>
>>6082975
Always has. With this logic, toys should always have been getting worse since the beginning of time.
>>
>>6082932
While Bruticus and Computron are my favorite Scramblers, I've always had a soft spot for the RID 2001 combiners, particularly Rail Racer and Omega Prime. I also love the BW combiners and the Transformers GO guys.
>>
>>6082986
Meant to reply to >>6082937
>>
>>6082964
These fags are push-overs, they don't expect substance.
>>
>all this whinings about stckers
>still buys reprolabels

Fucking transcucks
>>
>>6082995
But I don't buy reprolabels. Every time reprolabels come up, most people are pretty triggered by how awful they look.

That said, I think even reprolabels are higher-quality than the shit Hasbro is using in Titans Return.
>>
File: 20161220_200452.jpg (245KB, 1372x1117px) Image search: [Google]
20161220_200452.jpg
245KB, 1372x1117px
My Autobot police squad has grown so much.
>>
>>6083031
the one on the far right with the truck feet?
>>
>>6082997
>3rd party makes better products than hastak

Holy shit we're talking about stickers and hastak still fails
>>
File: cyb-redalert1.jpg (348KB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cyb-redalert1.jpg
348KB, 1100x1200px
>>6083035
Cybertron Red Alert/Galaxy Force First Aid
aka Robocop
>>
>>6083045
damn look at that un-hollowness
>>
>>6083036
>company that is not restrained to an extremely limited budget makes better products than a company that's restrained to a set amount
>an addon set is better than the default parts
Well thanks for that fucking revelation, Watson.
>>
File: 211743.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
211743.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
used to have FOC skywarp
now i have this baby
was it worth it?
>>
File: 2117534.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2117534.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
I also got myself tomahawk and i love him
>>
>>6083051
Don't tell me you switched out the best CHUG seeker mold in the last 10 years for some fucking hollow floppy piece of shit.
>>
>>6083045
holy shit i remember having this.
know any sites that have this for reasonable prices?
>>
Hey /tfg,is this worth?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201488056976?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

or should i be asking the third party general instead?
>>
File: 2117445.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2117445.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>6083057
b-but he's wearing nikes

Also the foc seeker wasn't all that great.
>>
File: RID2015-Legion-Class-Windblade.jpg (207KB, 1596x760px) Image search: [Google]
RID2015-Legion-Class-Windblade.jpg
207KB, 1596x760px
>>6083059
You should definitely ask the 3p general, but what I can do is to show you the cheaper official equivalent.
>>
>>6083059
>yeah get her
the worse that could happen is that you will be 20 bucks poorer
>>
>>6083049
Actually he's hollow all over. He's got gimmicks in his backpack and shins.
>>
File: WindbladeFeedingTime.jpg (988KB, 1600x965px) Image search: [Google]
WindbladeFeedingTime.jpg
988KB, 1600x965px
>>6083059

You should ask the 3P General, but yes, she is worth the $20 assuming you like the kawaii uguu look.

She's also tinier than a Legends figure by a little bit, so she is quite small.
>>
File: DoublecrossCrotchplate.jpg (881KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DoublecrossCrotchplate.jpg
881KB, 1600x1200px
Doublecrosses crotch plate looks like he tore someones face off and hammered it out into a cod piece.
>>
>>6083060
>Also the foc seeker wasn't all that great.
No wonder you like the shitty bomber megatron figure.
>>
File: 2117329.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2117329.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>6083089
I got mine in a previous trade last year and he was all floppy and couldn't strike a decent pose, so i'm glad i got rid of him. And I think the deluxe armada starscream could make a better seeker team. Sadly Hasbro is run by jews and will never re-issue the mold.
Neither i owned any megatron figures, i still wasn't expecting this purple mess; he's still a nice figure regardless, and given his status as a "special issue" i could maybe re-trade him by a better megatron in the future.
>>
>>6083089
also the foc had fugly guns for a seeker
>>
>>6083083

>more like DOUBLECROTCH
>>
>>6083099
>>6083109
Yep, you need to consider suicide.
>>
>>6083051
Yeah, id say it was
>>
>>6083099
Where is his tiny football?
>>
>>6082925
I thought people might be more excited for this. Just having him around already increases his chances.
>>
>>6083050
Holy shit another hastak apologist!
Go back to allspark greg sepelak!
>>
File: blaine.jpg (53KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
blaine.jpg
53KB, 530x530px
So why exactly did they mold Twinferno's arms in clear plastic just to paint them over?

Also, what are the odds of Takara using solid plastic instead?
>>
File: 21172947.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
21172947.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>6083133
Didn't come with it.
To be fairly honest I was expecting the common version, when I saw him all purple I was quite surprised, did some research and realised what this was.
>>
File: now that's what i call edgy.png (322KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
now that's what i call edgy.png
322KB, 420x420px
>>6083131
you forgot yo bait your hooks
:^)
>>
>>6083060

Wait wtf? Why is there a swoosh there?

Just a product of the decal in plane mode?
>>
File: PlzNoMrScreamface.jpg (230KB, 1031x799px) Image search: [Google]
PlzNoMrScreamface.jpg
230KB, 1031x799px
>>6083115
>>
File: 2117301.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2117301.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>6083144
it's a nike special edition of some sort.
Calvin Johnson's Megatron.
I don't know jack shit about american football because we don't play it in my country. (>implying i paid attention to sports)
It also explains the loops on the chest which is a tampograph of Calvin's signature.
>>
>>6083154
>>6083154
>>
>>6083137
plastic cast molds likely. the beast arms, cockpit, and wings were likely on the same spur. smoke clear might have been chosen late into production. Takara is about as random as Hasbro with all that will be for sure is it will look show accurate .
>>
File: r_construct-bots-strafe-097.jpg (88KB, 600x881px) Image search: [Google]
r_construct-bots-strafe-097.jpg
88KB, 600x881px
Big question:Construct Bots are good quallity,the AoE line to exact,there are some at my local store and I want to know if they are good?
>>
>>6083163
That strafe looks good.
I wouldn't pay more than 15 bucks for a construct bot if I were you.
>>
>>6083173
They are 7$
>>
>>6083175
Then get two and enjoy them.
>>
File: r_construct-bots-grimlock-125.jpg (71KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
r_construct-bots-grimlock-125.jpg
71KB, 600x821px
Grimlock.Ima not expensive,Ima cheap deap.
>>
>>6083161
Guess I might as well go Takara then, especially if the vehicle it comes with is Repugnus.
>>
>>6083163
Pretty much what you see is what you get.

The AOE ones only use C-clips and do not have any 5mm ports or pegs though. So they won't work with your mainline transformers.
>>
>>6083163
>>6083180
They're decent bots but terrible dinos. Unlike the original line, they aren't 5mm compatible so you can't give your weapons or armor to other figures.

I'd say the AoE ones aren't worth it for any cost, but the originals are good at clearance just for their weapons.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2811x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2811x2448px
Anyone have these? Thoughts?
>>
>>6083240

Cruellock is the least fun one. The others are fine. Never had Insecticon, but he isn't here either.
>>
File: scottimus.png (642KB, 1440x822px) Image search: [Google]
scottimus.png
642KB, 1440x822px
Friend of mine made this. Hoping that fool Optibotimus eventually sees this.
>>
So...I'm considering collecting Transformers figures (I've got gunpla kits and am looking for more shit to cram on to my shelves--I mean, things to display with them). I was looking at the MP figures (because I thought they were a good place to start) and immediately went NOPE when I saw the price-tags.

Is there a better place for me to start?
>>
File: trdeluxe2_large.jpg (48KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
trdeluxe2_large.jpg
48KB, 480x480px
>>6083284
Try the current main line, you can find them under 10 usd on most stores, the current gimmick "titanmaster" gives you small pilots that turn into the robot heads or can drive the vehicle mode.
>>
>>6083284
>I was looking at the MP figures (because I thought they were a good place to start) and immediately went NOPE when I saw the price-tags.

I thought Gunpla folks (or anyone who buys any anime figures) would be used to $150+ pricetags on everything by now?
>>
>>6083307

I stick to the HG kits only.
>>
File: 1480223336865.jpg (34KB, 352x315px) Image search: [Google]
1480223336865.jpg
34KB, 352x315px
>>6083249
>>
>>6083321
He made a video for it but I don't know how to pull it from Facebook.
>>
File: Superion grieves.jpg (427KB, 618x937px) Image search: [Google]
Superion grieves.jpg
427KB, 618x937px
>mfw Weirdwolf's hinges broke
>>
>>6083313
Then you'll definitely want the main line toys. Search for Titans Returns and you'll only find one toy at $150 (But he's over two feet tall, so it's sorta reasonable.) They come in price tiers based on size, so expect that when you buy them.

My personal recommendations are Blurr, Hardhead, Triggerhappy, and Alpha Trion. Avoid Scourge and Galvatron like the plague.
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 1306x1190px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 1306x1190px
>>6083284
Try to grab a Generations Springer off ebay. He's widly considered one of the best Transformers ever made and can be found at around $25 or less.

See how you like him, and if you do buy some Titans Returns figures. They're the current line and are about $15 for average sized figures.
>>
File: beastmode2.jpg (45KB, 640x401px) Image search: [Google]
beastmode2.jpg
45KB, 640x401px
>>6083240
Ravage mold owner reporting in. It feels like they designed the beast mode first and then just forced a robot mode from there, very disappointing. It transforms by pretty much just standing up.
Also, the claws on the arms fall off easily.
>>
>>6083332
so it's not just my shit luck?
>>
>>6083374
No, this is common.
>>
>>6083386

It's just another in the long list of QC Lottery that is TR. CW didn't have all of these QC problems. The worst that came out of that was the G2 Superion fist hinges breaking, and the heli molds fucking awful port design (but that isn't a QC issue).
>>
>>6083345
I keep forgetting one of those clear weapons was a fusion cannon.
>>
>>6083332
Did they break out of package, or after a few transformations?
>>
>>6082573
3rd Party when?
>>
>>6083332
Did you pull the cockpit up before untabbing it?
>>
>>6083425
>3rd party
>caring about BW
>ever
They'll all go under before they do a BW fig.
>>
File: DoublecrossShoryuken.jpg (892KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DoublecrossShoryuken.jpg
892KB, 1600x1200px
>>6083343

This. Gen. Springer is amazing.

Most of the current line (Titans Return) is pretty cheap too. If you have any questions about stuff, feel free to ask man. I'm bored off my ass now and waiting for it to be Christmas already so I can open my stuff.
>>
>>6083435
Can you show us how much of gnaw is translucent plastic? From the pics I've seen, it looks like his entire upper jaw and head is clear green plastic.
>>
>>6083240

Divebomb is the best.
>>
>>6083442

It's the upper jaw/face part with the eyes. The rest of him is regular plastic far as I can tell.
>>
>>6083343
>He's widly considered one of the best Transformers ever made
I hate this meme, look at his alt modes they're so shit. The helicopter just looks like a robot lying down with blades stuck on its back.
>>
>>6083449

Also for whatever reason he has dicks painted on his thighs, and he's yet another robot with a dangling bit between his legs if you don't unplug his weapon. In this case, his big ol' blue spiked ballsack.
>>
>>6083462

That just pleases me in every way possible.
>>
>>6083449
I wish they'd have used regular grey then painted the details.

I honestly wonder why they have to force the clear plastic on all the TR toys. The kids don't have to see the TM riding the vehicle on all the figures.
>>
>>6083471

Honestly, whoever is designing the molds themselves and whoever is calling the shots on what types/colors of plastic should be used and what should be painted, should probably be fucking fired.

The line so far as such good robot/alt mode designs (with few exceptions), but a lot of them feature really questionable plastic color choices and paint applications.

I mean, shit. Blurr and Scourge could've been completely saved just by including a different color plastic on them. The lil' Sharkticon here shouldn't have had the whole upper face part done in clear plastic. They could've just done it in grey and either done two clear plastic domes for the eyes, or just painted them. Bumblebee shouldn't have had a clear plastic chest painted yellow and just have had a yellow chest with black window paint, etc.

It's a clusterfuck of really goddamn odd decisions and feels like someone is just plain bad at their job.
>>
>>6083466

>inb4 a homosexual asian man saying "PUT IT IN MY ASS"
>>
>>6083462

I despise those weird ass forearms.
>>
>>6083479
The other thing is how they're going by toy accuracy instead of picking the best colors. Even worse is that when they use toy colors, they don't even apply them properly (Kup, and Blurr are excellent examples).
>>
>>6083332
Each passing day I'm more and more worried mine is next
>>
File: IMG_0587.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0587.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So I did some early gift exchanges with the wife and Gnaw was in the mix. Felt it was worth sharing with the other anon photo bombing his.
>>
File: SharkticonLoevPets.jpg (817KB, 1502x1134px) Image search: [Google]
SharkticonLoevPets.jpg
817KB, 1502x1134px
>>6083485

I don't mind the forearms. But I honestly love this little Sharkticon. Easily one of my favorite Legends figures now next to Cosmos and Shockwave.

>>6083488

I don't mind them going for toy accuracy, since I owned most of these as a kid anyway, so it just bites right into my nostalgia. Which is probably the intent.

>>6083495

If it didn't break already, it's probably going to be fine, since the defect usually manifests pretty quick if your copy has it from what people in past threads here have said.

>>6083498

I'm just bored off my ass, and the threads been quiet, and I love seeing peoples pics so post anything you can man.
>>
File: IMG_0590.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0590.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Merry Christmas /tfg/
>>
>>6083518

Wish I had some little Santa hats.
>>
>>6083518
Did you make the hats?
>>
File: IMG_0591.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0591.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6083520
Found them at AC Moore 70% off. Found in the ornament section. Two sets of 4 Santa and the 12 gift boxes came to $1.91
>>
>>6080945

It's not that bad. Hasbro just once again fucked up by giving him a classic toy deco.

I'm not some poorfag who lives with his parents so I'll wait it out and pick up the cartoon accurate deco one from Takara.
>>
>>6083449
>All that translucent plastic just to have clear green eyes
>Those painted parts end up on the feet

First the elbows suck, then no thigh swivels, and now this. I really want to love this guy, but I just can't. He's so nearly close to being perfect but just isn't.
>>
Fair warning the hats don't fit well
On headmasters. Way to small.
>>
File: IMG_0592.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0592.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>608354
>>
>>6083540
That and the back is so underwhelming
>>
>>6083512
>I don't mind them going for toy accuracy, since I owned most of these as a kid anyway, so it just bites right into my nostalgia. Which is probably the intent.

I get that, but if they were going for that, they should have given Kup his real toy colors (his pictures make it seem like he uses a very dark grey or black, instead of a relatively normal grey color), while Blurr had some lighter blue paint omitted, and the shade of blue used wasn't accurate.
>>
This guy managed to figure out MP Megatron's transformation. Insane how complicated it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0l3SdJ6M0
>>
New Thread

>>6083588
>>6083588
>>6083588
>>
>>6083479
I remember an interview with Hasui where he specifically designed Star Saber to have as little paint so people would enjoy playing with him.

I wonder what the hell has been going on since then.
>>
>>6082573
I can't unsee his Old Man Fuzzy Slippers.
>>
>>6083540

Eh, the part that does end up on his feet isn't going to be too noticeable if it scratches. It's not like Astrotrain, who has pretty important bits tied to his painted feet.
>>
>>6080945
What does Titans Return mean?

I haven't been involved with Transformers in years.

I recently ordered MP Megs and Prime (ko I think) from a China seller on eBay.
>>
>>6085726
>Titans Return
It's just the name of the current line on the shelves. Everyone is a headmaster now. Scourge, Galvatron, Rodimus, everyone!
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 112

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.