[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a toyline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 2467968961_3b9d1950b8.jpg (114KB, 454x500px) Image search: [Google]
2467968961_3b9d1950b8.jpg
114KB, 454x500px
Sup /toy/
Been having the itch to try out a fun new toy line lately, I mostly collect Lego, megabloks, Neca Preds/aliens, Gundam models, and the occasional capeshit. Was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations?
What I'm mostly looking for is something that's an original property, kinda like pic related. I'd like to get into an ongoing toy line, but if it's dead oh well. Some bonus points are-
Posabilty
Parts swapping
Anything aliens or robots
Playability(overall fun factor)
Affordable
The only must for me is it's decently affordable/accessible. Any help would be much appreciated!
>>
File: XevozFigureLineupSm.png (658KB, 1200x706px) Image search: [Google]
XevozFigureLineupSm.png
658KB, 1200x706px
>>6080484
wow, these toys were the shit. These were around when? 2004? 2005? Remember picking them up in a ToysRus on vacation.
>>
>>6080490
Yeah man, Xevoz were great. I remember finding Infil-Traitor, Punkstein and Hyper Guardian at Big Lots, I was hype as fuck man.
>>
>>6080490
wish mechshell was released
also, how is a 12 years old mantis toy still the best insect figure on the market?
>>
Hoping someone sees this and helps me remember - there was a toyline that I was given bits of in the ~1998-2001 time span that were acquired from Big Lots, and effectively each one was a car with combiner ports on multiple sides that could interlock with other vehicles. This worked both vertically as well as horizontally. They were plastic, and I think some had action figures come with them, but I'm not certain. I adored them, but god damn I can't remember the name to save my life, and searching for "combining car toys" is a fruitless pursuit because it's all fucking Transformers (even with -transformers in the search).
>>
>>6080484
Sounds like Assemble Borg is right up your alley.

>http://myfigurecollection.net/encyclopedia/25291_assemble_borg
>>
File: GEO_00633.jpg (228KB, 1600x1015px) Image search: [Google]
GEO_00633.jpg
228KB, 1600x1015px
I found one of these things at a Marshall's yesterday and he's actually pretty neat.

All of the bits that make up the main body are mounted to a metal core ball via magnets and you can rotate sides rubik's cube style. Comes with a bunch of limbs and accessories that you can peg into the segments of the body. The triangular core bits provide a ridge that the squarer pieces ratchet against, it's pretty nifty.

I recommend plugging pieces into the main body sections while they are not mounted to the ball as putting too much pressure on the thing can send pieces flying off since magnets are the only thing holding them on.
>>
>>6080484
Are you able to shop online?

If so, I recommend the old Mobile Suit in Action line.
a) They're mostly Gundams, which suits your Gundam taste?
b) They're very affordable, ranging in price from a mere +/- 500 yen to +/- 1500, maybe a couple thousand for certain rares.
c) They would make excellent battle suits for your LEGO/Mega Bloks.
d) They're highly posable and durable compared to a regular Gundam kit.

Figuarts, natch.
a) Posable and all that stuff.
b) Depending on the character, can be as cheap as 1000 to 3000 yen.
c) Variety of designs. They're not ALL Karate Bugmen. In fact, the non-Bugmen have a tendency to be the cheaper figures.
>>
>>6080484

Glyos
>>
Thanks for the recommendations guys!
>>6080637
Those are fucking sick, especially the clear Microman looking ones, are there any good american retailers that have them? eBay and Amazon all have insane prices(idk if $40-60 for one is common or not).
>>6080692
Dude this would be perfect, loving the simplistic nature of it. I'm def gonna go hunting for these, are they a newer product? Can't imagine they cost much, saw a few of the other ones online so I'll snag a few for sure.
>>6080763
Yessir, although I have no experience ordering from sites like amiami or anywhere outside of the US, so I'm not sure how to go about that exactly.
I do have a few of those older Gundams tho(mostly from G-Gundam)! They're good fun, only downside is they just don't offer the selection the models do at this point. I usually go for the weird looking Gundams though. I was thinking of trying out the line of little Gundam figures, almost have an SD vibe.
>>6080773
I have a fair amount of Glyos but have been really tuning out with the recent releases. The older waves were no doubt fantastic though, still got my og Hybrid Sarvos and Sentry Sarvos.
>>
I know you already mentioned that you collect Gunpla, but if you haven't already delved into them, the HG IBO kits are a lot of fun with all the modular bits.
>>
Assemble Borg is a great line.
>>
>>6080796
Assemble Borg distribution has been really weird. Until very recently, they were stupid-hard to get, only being sold direct from the manufacturer (who of course didn't ship outside of Japan). But when they rebooted the line with the Nexus body, they made them a lot more accessible - the usual popular Japanese stores like Amiami and HLJ started carrying them, and even some American places got them for decent prices ($30-40). Amiami has since gone back and started carrying many of the pre-Nexus ones that were previously exclusive to Kaiyodo's webshop, and their prices are great (averaging $20-30 a figure), so they're probably your best bet. Buying from them is pretty straightforward - you check out via Paypal like any other site, Paypal converts the currency, Amiami ships the order to you, no customs or anything to worry about in the US.
>>
>>6080800
I just snagged myself the red Astaroth, yet to build it but he looks great. That's my only IBO kit thus far.
>>6080802
I mentioned, I'd be really into them, but after browsing eBay, amazon and a few other retailers they're going for at minimum $45. Might be a bit too steep for me at the moment.
>>
>>6080813
Dope, thanks man! I'll probably start with Devil's Blood or Acid Worm and maybe one of the more heroic looking guys.
Has Amiami been pretty good in your experience? I'd imagine shipping might take a while.
>>
>>6080822
Amiami is popular for a reason - they don't offer a lot of fancy services like BBTS's pile-of-loot system, but they're straightforward and the prices are good. Shipping varies based on the method you choose - EMS is the most expensive, but it'll reach you in less than a week. SAL is more of a crapshoot; sometimes it'll arrive in a week or two while sometimes it can take more than a month. The average for SAL is usually 2-3 weeks, although things will be a bit slower at this time of year due to the whole holiday rush.
>>
>>6080826
Go figure the two I want are either on back order or it's "orders closed". Gonna keep an eye out for restocks, those guys would be great. The use of glitter in the clear plastic on those freaky guys looks fantastic. Reminds me of the old Myclone Henshin Cyborg stuff I had a while back.
>>
>>6080835
Don't buy them off a scalping fuck, just wait it out.
You could also try out Hagen No Zista, they're pretty little robot figures with interchangeable parts.
>>
>>6080796
>are they a newer product? Can't imagine they cost much

Not entirely sure. The two I found at a Marshall's were tagged at $40 each but apparently they retail normally for upwards of $50
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.