[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toys for 9 year old Star wars Fan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: star war toys.jpg (56KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
star war toys.jpg
56KB, 468x468px
Greetings /toy/,

So I know this board is typically for the avid collector but I know there exists a young man in all of us who loves to play with figures. I have a young nephew who absolutely loves the original star wars and also the first three episodes. He saw Episode 7 but didn't like that it "wasn't a girl". I was curious if anyone could point me to a decent site or shop that sales star wars toys that are ACTUALLY DURABLE enough for the tumbling of a 9 year old boy. I want to buy multiple pieces for him rather than having one very detailed piece. So If anyone had advice on what series I could be looking at it would be helpful. I went to Target and they were selling them but they seemed very small to what I was used to as GI joe when I was younger. Sorry for the ramble but I have 50$ and if you had the time, thank you, you would save me loads of time.
>>
>>6064229
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS25272&mode=retail

/thread
>>
>>6064238
Is that price typical? I was thinking of only doing 50$. Again, I am sorry for asking too many questions.
>>
>>6064246
Yeah, they're $20 a piece. Unless you wanted to get your wife's son those 3.75" 5POA pieces of garbage...
>>
>>6064252
No, my brother's son, I thought I specified that in the initial post. What happened to the 11$ ones? Also, is Bigbad good for Jurassic world pieces? I gave him all my Jurassic park stuff from when I was young including the park center stuff, so that size (I know a terrible form of relativism)
>>
>>6064246
Get him a few figures from the line.

A good place to start would be either the 6 inch black series or the 3.75 black series which is exclusive to walmart. Both lines have characters from the OT, PT, NT, and RO.
>>
File: Amazon_4-Pack-Featured.jpg (57KB, 780x340px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon_4-Pack-Featured.jpg
57KB, 780x340px
>>6064229
Amazon has an exclusive four pack of storm/clone troopers for $58. I got it a while back and I know for sure kid me would have gone apeshit if I opened that on christmas.
I never had any foot clan or putty patroller type toys as a kid and I always always needed bad guy henchmen but they were a luxury considering I was lucky to get the hero figures I wanted as it is.
>>
>>6064238
I would agree except
>I want to buy multiple pieces for him rather than having one very detailed piece.
Those posted are 6" oens and and go for $20 each (meaning no more than 2 unless you hit a sale).

>>6064269
The $11 ones I'm assuming you mean are the 3.75" figures. Hasbro's been weird with those. They are being sold in two ways:
>higher detailed, better articulation ones at Walmart (pic related)
>lower detailed, only 5 points of articulation, cheaper, at everywhere else (more variety in figures though from newer sets)
I guess you could buy a few of the figures from Walmart. They have some cool ones out, like the Royal Guard and Lando (if you're lucky enough to find them).

You could try LEGO sets too, there are plenty of Star Wars ones available (like the $12 battle packs or $10 vehicle microfighters).
>>
>>6064329
I think you are on the money, I will check out wal-mart. I didn't initially check there but I will give it a gander. Do they also do online shopping, like if I see that stuff is out can I order it online at wal-mart.com (I know this seems stupid but I haven't bought figures besides in comic book stores)
>>
>>6064329
The 3.75" figures aren't anymore detailed from line to line.
They both have around the same amount of detail.
If anything, the newer molds, with the kenner-amount of articulation are better detailed just because they're new.
>>
>>6064300
Best fucking idea right here.

Honestly, from a collector POV and a father of a 6 year old, let me suggest the Playskool Galactic Heroes toys. I know they look like they're made for toddlers, but they are actually well designed, durable, and fun to collect. Get the AT-AT at Toys-R-Us ebay store, then pick up some figures. There is a stormtrooper 6 pack for $20 bucks, and a 10 piece combination of heroes and villains at Target for $30.

Ships run about $20 each and come with one or two figures.
>>
File: jabba, I'm JEDI.jpg (943KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jabba, I'm JEDI.jpg
943KB, 1920x1080px
>>6064229
I'm sorry
>>
>>6064229
I would honestly recommend used figures. Rebelscum has an extensive list of what figures are available.

The 3 inch 5 POA line is durable but only because there are no joints to break.
The 3 inch Black Series is ok, your regular Star actionfigure line but there are barely any characters out and it's exclusive to Walmarts.
The 6 inch line is also pretty good and I would say durable but they cost around 20$ per figure with mostly Episode 7 shit pegwarming.

A nice 6 inch Obi-Wan came out with the newest wave. Stormtroopers should be available used for 20 or less.
There are also Bootleg Black Series 6 inch versions available for ~12$ per piece, I would say the quality is identical to Hasbros from what I saw.

But all in all I would rather buy a collection of used figures or an assortement of important characters off of Ebay. Like I said Rebelscum has a nice guide to show what kind of articulation figures have and which characters there are.
>>
>>6069334
The quality of BS knockoffs is only identical to Hasbro's if you get a stormtrooper or Fett. DON'T get anyone else because from what I've seen the quality is pretty terrible, especially on Vader.

Anyways, OP, the best lines to look at if you want to give him multiple pieces would be the older lines, specifically anywhere from the Saga line in 2002 up until the Legacy Collection in ~2010 (I think?). Depending on who you're looking for, the figures come cheap (roughly around $5 still). And they're much more detailed and poseable than the figures that Hasbro is currently churning out. Of course, for current lines, you could go to Walmart and look at the 3.75 Black Series they have, but there aren't too many different characters out right now and they're $10 a pop.
>>
>>6069309
Fohtooh ma BANE kaychahlah
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.