[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hasbro fuckups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Titans10.jpg (318KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Titans10.jpg
318KB, 700x700px
What's up with Hasbro's complete and utter fuckup that is the Titans Return manufacturing/distribution? I can't find ANYTHING around me, every store is sold out of everything. The only thing that's shown up in the past 2 months is a pair of leader jets, a single copy of blaster and PM Prime, both with boxes absolutely mangled. Did they completely fuckup with their projections? Are the vietnamese kids on strike? What gives.

tl;dr
y no titans return anywhere
>>
Demand exceeded supply. Their warehouse sold out of Titans Return stuff in September ( which means that they're now in retailers hands, not that they sold out of stores necessarily . Basically Hasbro was unprepared
>>
So they dun goofed on projections. Typical hasbro idiocy.

"Let's make an entire toyline that's based on nostalgia! And let's keep it small, only a few nerd will want it."

*Completely sold out everywhere during christmas season*

Fuckin genius.
>>
They probably want people to buy more RID stuff anyway, since that's the current cartoon. "If parents can't find the TR stuff, they'll just buy RID stuff!" is the thinking.
>>
Retailers never ordered enough to begin with so the amount of product Hasbro made based on their projections from retailer demand ended up being eaten through by the outsized consumer demand. Now watch as they over compensate and over order the later waves of TR, the first few waves of the next series or the line for the next movie and you complain about them shelf warming
>>
>>6063808
Where do you live? Here in Canada all the shelves are filled with them, I even ended up picking up the entire waves 1&2 on clearance.
>>
To be fair, Titans return is a line based on a relatively obscure gimmick with characters that rarely got new iterations in newer lines. Hasbro had so little faith in this that they buoyed the line with popular characters who weren't Headmasters, including Soundwave's first proper Classics style figure. I think Combiner Wars owed a lot to the success, since I think it made a lot of people interested in the line again.
>>
>>6063808
>I can't find ANYTHING around me, every store is sold out of everything

And yet it's all been easily available online for months. Shop online if you want anything. Brick and mortar stores have pretty much gone the way of the dodo as far as most products are concerned.
>>
What shitty area do you live in man, even my local family-run toy shop has the wave 1 deluxes and voyagers
>>
>>6063808
Where are you located? I'm in east Texas and I've been able to find everything relatively easily except for the Leader classes, which I've only seen wave 1 twice in stores. Leader class wave 1 is really cheap to buy online at like 35 bucks each for PM Prime and Blaster. I've been swimming in wave 1 and 2 deluxes though. Haven't seen wave 2 Leaders in store yet though.
>>
>>6063865

Not interested in paying $30/figure plus shipping.

>>6063851

Wisconsin. The four largest department stores (all we have around here) are all sold out and have been for nearly 2 months.
>>
Lets think about this, From a business standpoint, its Hasbro's fault. How? well lets look over.

>Movie toys come out
They shelf warm like shit, Not to mention botshots and 1 step and how aoe was simplified to shit, so they sit there for millennia

>Rid toys come out
Somewhat better but still all this simplistic kiddie shit that shelf warms, very few gems in the line. Not to mention the damn lack of good warrior class shit up until just recently.

>Combiner wars
We're somewhat approaching a better variety and a balance between collector and child. But due to the abundance of shit that is RID/AOE Many of the waves are non existent at retail due to how much old shit is clogging the shelf
space. Not too mention originally it was 100 dollars to complete a combiner, Not many parents were down with that and the repaints sold like shit because collectors don't want OC combiners.

>Titans return
Now we're at a turning point. Good gimmick and nice variety of class vs cost. Except we have a third competitor taking shelf space now along with our movie/rid friends. Combiner wars is now shelf warming while 3 of the titans return waves are already out.

Key point is they need to stop projecting low. The only reason they did it with TR is because of how slow other shit sold because of how fucking dumb it was for the mass Fan-base. Movie shit just being over bombarded needs to stop. Go less on movie toy projections and more on generations because nostalgia is key.
>>
>>6064049
Don't be such a poorfag. Buying online is superior in every way. You're wasting your time, and fuel traveling around looking for these things and only finding disappointment by not buying online. Get with the times, gramps.
>>
>>6064076
Movie toys get shelf space because the people who buy up the toys wholesale (i.e. toy stores) know that LOADS of people see the movies. It's a billion-dollar franchise, unlike Generations, and so they think that the toys (no matter how shitty) will sell.

Picking up Paralon and Twinferno in TRU today, there were still like 15 Deluxe AoE Strafe on the pegs.
>>
>>6064082
Buying online made me realize that part of the reason I buy Transformers is the excitement of getting them in hand right then and there. When I buy online, I just think that money could be something put into a better toy.

I buy most of my toys online, hell most of my collectionis imports, but I can't bring myself to order most retail toys online unless I'm getting them for the same or cheaper than store price after shipping.
>>
>>6063831
I live in Georgia, no problem finding anything Titans Return, I haven't seen new RID in forever.
>>
>>6064082

Nothing beats the excitement of finding one in the wild.

I've already bought Superion, Menasor, Bruticus, PM OP, Cyclonus, silverbolt, and Fort Max online. Walmart is at $10/figure, I can buy entire waves for the cost of one figure online. I could buy everything online but where's the fun in that.
>>
>>6063808
It's not hasbro it's your store locations.
Hasbro has nothing to do with what is and isn't ordered.
>>
>>6064152

Hasbro definitely has to take some blame, they're sold out everywhere, even hasbrotoyshop doesn't have shit for selection.

I will put some blame on stores though for aforementioned reasons (movie figures wasting shelf space for years past the movie premiere).
>>
File: Walmart Distribution Centers.jpg (42KB, 430x300px) Image search: [Google]
Walmart Distribution Centers.jpg
42KB, 430x300px
ITT: people believe Hasbro has their own delivery vans, sending packages directly from their warehouses to every individual store, and not to distributors and distribution centers.

Cool fact: If one store somewhere has the newest wave, it means every distribution center has access to that wave because the chain's trucks picked up the wave from the docks (or pick up center).
>>
>>6063808
What the goddamn hell is that thing
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.