[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Companies you hate with franchises you like.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0600.jpg (105KB, 1009x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0600.jpg
105KB, 1009x732px
Well, I had avoided the funko shit until now. They just got me, man, the just got my ass.
>>
>>6062802
Honestly, it works for this sort of thing. And if more of their figures had bent / proposed limbs I'd actually buy them. More like the old Predator or He-man toys than the awful straight limbed way they've been doing.
>>
>>6062907
Yeah, it's the only reason i'll get it. If it was the reaction crap, no deal. Hopefully it will scale with motu.
>>
>>6062802
At least funko does a better job than super7.
I really love the tmnt playmate pose, too bad it's from a shitty sitcom
>>
File: tmntposelol.jpg (10KB, 266x320px) Image search: [Google]
tmntposelol.jpg
10KB, 266x320px
>>6063085
>I really love the tmnt playmate pose

It's a He-Man inspired character, you dolt.
>>
>>6062802
playmates w/ tmnt

they cut more and more corners as time goes on, despite their track record with doing so I am still surprised when i see the new lows they sink to these days
>>
Mattel
>>
>>6063131
>Thundarr ripoff
>>
>>6063151
This, give it back to NECA and fuck off Playmates.

For me it's basically everything and Marvel. Watching them run Legends as deep as fucking possible into the ground is...painful.
Overproducing bullshit like Spiderman is one thing, but giving him 2 entire waves to himself is mind-blowing.
>>
>>6063369
Except NECA didn't really do anything with the license. They produced the four figures in limited numbers and had several prototypes long shelved until this past summer, when those highly-demanded prototypes finally hit shelves... At SDCC.
>>
>>6062802
>>6063085
>shitty sitcom
This. It's lowest-common-denominator humor that isn't really funny. Should be one of those 15-minute Adult Swim shows, and not a Big Network trying to "think outside the box" in an effort to appeal to 30something nostalgiafags.
>>
>>6062907
Look at this ignorance, folks! If this doesn't show the sorry state of this forum, then I don't know what does! Funko is no longer producing new ReAction figures, and all future releases will be done through Super7! So, umm yeah, maybe time to jump off the Funko hate wagon there, friendo!
>>
>>6063397
I agree completely, but for some reason I love these shitty forgettable sitcoms. According to Jim, Grounded for Life, Happy Endings, sign me the fuck up to have a meh tuesday night.
>>
>>6063244
>Conan ripoff
>>
>>6062802
is Son of Zorn any good?
>>
>>6063398
How does that make Funko any less terrible? Everything they churn out is nearly as bad as their ReAction crap.
>>
>>6063520

It's good, just go watch the 1st episode and decide for yourself
>>
I've never been more confused as to what the fuck went wrong with a show than Son of Zorn. That first episode was one of the best pilots I've seen in years, and yet every single episode afterwards is absolutely unbearable. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>6063369
NECA's doing great with collector stuff and i'm eager for more but a toyline pumped by a kids show (or vice verse) is gonna have to be... something less. i just dont know who's a better fit. Jakks' nintendo stuff has been nice, i'd like to see them take a crack at TMNT cartoon stuff.
>>
>>6063369
>Marvel b8
wew lad
>>
>>6063398
Anyone who's held in-hand a Funko reaction and a S7 reaction can tell that S7 figures are far superior. They were teaming up but I suspect Funko's cost cutting manufacturing methods were a disgrace to Super 7, hence the end of the partnership.

>>6062802
Looks like shit, and that's coming from a big time motu/knock off collector.

Meanwhile Korgoth gets no love :(

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ep65rr-9qjQ
>>
>>6063430
Grounded for Life was genuinely funny to me. It had a bit of a different tone than most sitcoms and Donal Logue is great actor. Did great in Terriers and Vikings too.
>>
>>6065200
>Terriers
Hell yeah! Why do good shows fail while garbage get several seasons?
>>
>>6064995
>Meanwhile Korgoth gets no love

Because it's shit
>>
File: xFxMbYh.png (99KB, 624x767px) Image search: [Google]
xFxMbYh.png
99KB, 624x767px
>>6065236
>>
>>6065303

You're entitled to being wrong.
>>
>>6062802
Just started to watch the show and it's not bad, comfy even.
>>
>>6064995
Which ones are S7 Reaction?
>>
>>6063394
Playmates has the master license and only allows NECA to do certain things. A shame since I would buy 7" versions of their movie turtles in a heartbeat
>>
>>6062802
This action figure made me laugh harder then the two episodes ive seen.
>>
>>6064627
Format change in record time.

Episode 1 was all about how the son was totally embarrassed at his annoying loud and over the top father. But Zor is still a responsible and reasonable guy who is more of a fish out of water in a modern world.

Every episode after is about how Zorn is some mentally underdeveloped man child that refuses to grow up and take responsibility, and keeps trying to be considered cool while coming off as pathetic.
>>
>>6062802
If this sells we might get the real apartment playset with action bills and transforming cubicle.
>>
>>6075405
Ah shit really?

I watched the Pilot and loved it, but I never got around to continue watching.
>>
>>6075609
There is one episode where he keeps trying to be the cool dad and plays Blues Traveler a lot. Another one has his best friend a Ram Man copy grows up, remarries and becomes a boring suburban guy which Zorn hates,
>>
>>6064922
Not him but Marvel Legends are easily the worst figures I own. Even fucking transformers have better quality.

Character distribution is nice, though. Even if Spiderman gets 3 waves each year you always get your C-listers and D-listers.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.