[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yen Dropping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5794.jpg (45KB, 750x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5794.jpg
45KB, 750x473px
So what are you getting now that the yen's value is dropping?
>>
>>6061531
back in my day, the yen was under 100 to the dollar.
>>
>>6061531
Nothing, msrp and shipping from Japan has risen a lot, so it's evened out. Better off just waiting for shit to end up on Amazon
>>
>>6061535
>Better off just waiting for shit to end up on Amazon

Amazon has shit for close to the same price as amiami / hlj but with a 100x better return policy anyways.

People here dont want to hear that shit though. They have to have their weeb toys from glorious nippon.
>>
>canadian
>ordered from amiami
>15,690 yen before shipping
>package is now pending pickup at post office

>fucking 60$ customs fee on it

It's literally 3 figuarts boxes. How the fuck is the customs fee almost 33% of the actual value of the package?

My december order is worth 42,690 yen. I'm fucking terrified now.
>>
>>6061628
Maybe you should cut back a little??? If not, then get ready to fork over another 80+ buckaroos.
>>
>>6061629
>80 dollarooneys

That's lowballing. For a 43k yen order, I'd probably have to pay with an arm AND both legs.
>>
>>6061531
Figma hoes from Mandy.
>>
>>6061631
What exactly are you getting?
>>
File: 404walletexenotfound.png (42KB, 840x384px) Image search: [Google]
404walletexenotfound.png
42KB, 840x384px
>>6061633
This is the December order

As for the one that's awaiting pickup, its just 3 sh figuarts
>>
>>6061636
>pacific rim
>pro wrestling
>polynians
ew
>>
>>6061636
Id tell you all about your shit taste, but know already, dont you......
>>
>>6061652
>>6061653
I don't mind having shit taste. I buy things because I like them.
>>
>>6061657
You should try liking things that aren't homoerotic sometime.
>>
>>6061666
But I like robots of most kinds, Mr. Satan.

I'm just getting the Rock so I can scalp him.
>>
>>6061670
>a schoolboy in a tanktop
>slice-of-life comedy
>literally a shota robot
>pacific rim isn't homosexual but it does suck
Anon. Just admit you're a gay pedophile.
>>
>>6061673
I like the design of the polynian robots.

And slice of life comedies are what keep me from killing myself.
>>
>>6061680
Edgy.
>>
>>6061684
Not edgy at all. I am just not happy.
>>
>>6061636
man I don't even collect weeb shit and I can tell you have an awful taste.
>>
>>6061692
Thank you.
>>
>>6061652
>>6061673
You can fuck off of my dick, Pacific Rim has great robots. Fuck that other stuff though.
>>
>>6061734
It's a shame most of that movie was hamfisted human drama and scenes in the rain at night so they could cover up the shitty, unconvincing CGI.

Also no, the robots were pretty basic.
>>
>>6061737
Basic with a retard-tier piloting system*
>>
>23 posts
>9 posters
>>
>>6061614
Amazon prime is godly as well, I'd rather pay a little more for something and get it that week than save 5 bucks but take 2 months to ship out of nip land
>>
>>6061737
>>6061739
I'm sorry you hate fun.
>>
>>6061670
>I'm just getting the Rock so I can scalp him
WWE Figuarts are gonna bin dude
>>
>>6061531
Very little, since the low quality of the figures hasn't recovered from the previous dip.

It's not a price issue, because I had no problem paying the higher prices when the USD:JPY got flipped earlier. But when the japs jewed, they jewed HARD, and started making figures that are shittier than they were 4 years ago in every metric. That basically kills my interest, because I refuse to buy items that are in an obvious state of regression.

New Medicos figures are 50/50 meh at best (unless you love Rohan; do you love Rohan? GREAT! here's more Rohan), figma is all around shit and just keeps waifu fags in a battered spouse relationship, and SHF with next to zero accessories or updated improvements to older character releases makes them so fucking boring that they're just not hitting my interests.

Look at SHF Ultraman versus Ultra Act Renewal Ultraman. What. The. Fuck. No matter how you look at it, the Renewal is a way better figure with way better accessories than the base SHF. You need to buy a whole premium set piece in order to make it worthwhile to upgrade, and even then the buildings look chintzy as hell and there's nothing close to the great run effects of the Renewal packed with it.
>>
>>6061776
The ol' "I have no real argument" comeback. Classic. You got him, guy.
>>
>>6061531
All the shit I really wanted I got while the Yen was high.

There is honestly nothing big on the horizon at all.
>>
>>6061531
>So what are you getting now that the yen's value is dropping?
All the stuff I pre-ordered a lot cheaper than I would have got it. I'm not going to buy up stuff I didn't want just because it's cheaper.
>>
>>6061628
I don't know where about you are in Canada but if you live near the border I say just send it to one of those places that charge $2 a parcel.

That way you don't have to pay the customs fee right off the bat. Though this obviously isn't worth it if you live crazy far from the states.
>>
>>6061636
> the Rock
> Not Stone Cold

Garbage
>>
How's this work with paypal? Do their rates keep up with the exchange rate in real time or is it delayed?
>>
>>6062331

Paypal's rate is always 5-6 cents short of whatever the actual rate is. Use a credit card.
>>
>>6061680
>And slice of life comedies are what keep me from killing myself

i know that feel brother
>>
>>6062331
God almighty, people still use paypal for import sites?
>>
>>6062522
yes as you can see there are a bunch of retards on /toy/
especially in this thread
>defending amazon prices
>using paypal for imports
>>
>>6061652
> Shitting on the actual model kits

It aint neca so your opinion's shit

>>6061737
>>6061739
It did the giant robot fighting well. What else did you want, more bayformers garbage?
>>
>>6062815
>I don't know how to how to read a thread
No retard, I said earlier that the human parts are one of the worst things about Pacific Rim. Bayformers' biggest problem is that they're just about stupid humans with robots in the background.
>>
>>6061614
Amazon doesn't get their shit in till months later.

>>6061768
Prime sucks. They take a week to to ship your order.
>>
>>6062749
I remember helping an anon go through the 8 or so steps on the paypal page to make it so that it defaults to card rates. It's fucking insane what they can get away with in burying something like that. You have to access their old page layout and everything.

Maybe I should make a guide image or something that people could repost.
>>
>>6062877
>Prime sucks. They take a week to to ship your order.
Must suck to live in whatever shit hole you're in. Sometimes the normal 2-day gets to me literally the next day if it's shipping from the warehouse near me. It's amazing
>>
>>6062880
yes pls
>>
>>6062262
> buying Stevetty over the most paid actor in Hollywood and certified universal draw

Take a shower you mark.
>>
>>6062877
>Prime sucks. They take a week to to ship your order

Bullshit.
>>
>>6062877
>Prime sucks. They take a week to to ship your order.

Do you live in the middle of a desert or something?
>>
>>6063021
Considering how some people get angry if anyone criticizes some new import toy, but not old import toys, i assume people like him are import shop owners who need to get rid of their stock.
>>
>>6061670
>He thinks he can scalp a WWE figuart.
The preorders aren't exactly selling out lad.
>>
File: YAMA_1_24_PATLABOR.jpg (189KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
YAMA_1_24_PATLABOR.jpg
189KB, 1024x768px
WHITE WHALE
HOLY GRAIL
>>
File: 623626.jpg (307KB, 600x902px) Image search: [Google]
623626.jpg
307KB, 600x902px
>>6062870
Noticed how I never mentioned the human part. Reread my comment. Also fuck you it had a nice cast of giant robots.
>>
>>6061614
>but with a 100x better return policy anyways.

And you'll be needing that return policy, since your item will likely be destroyed, or damaged in-transit, thanks to zero padding for the item, the item being crammed into an improperly sized box, or literally having a piece of paper wrapped around it as a "shipping box."
>>
>>6063209
That's literally what HLJ's packaging is. Amazon always puts those inflated air pads in my packages, HLJ? They just toss the stuff in loose. Thankfully the product boxes are tough enough to withstand any damage I've seen in shipping.

Fortunately I live an area where we don't have apes delivering our packages. Feels good
>>
>>6062880
Seconded on the guide.
>>
File: 1111222.jpg (29KB, 640x388px) Image search: [Google]
1111222.jpg
29KB, 640x388px
>>6061531
Meanwhile in Turkey:
>>
>>6063176
Just get the robo damashii
>>
>>6063455
I like big toys. I actually skipped on the RD knowing that it wouldn't scratch that itch. Also I was too young for the Yamato stuff when it was coming out, and since then I've become a fan of their products(which sucks, since Arcadia has only reissued a few of their Macross stuff and its getting pricy). Anyway its one of the few really pricy items I really wanted.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.