[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not expensive, not great, but you love them anyways

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9

File: Halo Hunter 2.jpg (129KB, 723x883px) Image search: [Google]
Halo Hunter 2.jpg
129KB, 723x883px
Hey, we always do threads about our expensive toys or that one thats just perfect in every way.

So why not one about our toys that aren't as great.

Like for me, its my Mcfarlane Hunter. I don't even care about their Halo line, but I've always loved these guys in the games.
So despite my figure coming out of the box as a floppy mess, I just find his design so damn cute that I don't mind that he's got exactly one pose that doesn't make him fall over.
>>
>>6056754
Does he have all his spikes? Ebayers are notorious for selling them incomplete.
>>
>>6056754
I have 2 and they are beasts of burden. they lack the ability to be posed in their defense stance which sucks and one of them already and a fucked up arm, not sure how it happened, never pushed their limits too far.

detail is great tho, but god damn are they top heavy and cumbersome
>>
File: IMG_0153.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0153.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
He was a gift but he struggles to be worth his value in Japan.
He is incredibly boring for reasons I can explain but I can't stop picking up and playing with him.
>>
>>6057215
Yeah he does, though I thought I lost one when I last took him out. it turns out removing them to save a bit of space may not be the best idea.
>>
File: listenhereyoulittleshit.jpg (206KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
listenhereyoulittleshit.jpg
206KB, 800x499px
That's how I feel about my Growlmon

He's an older figure, but I keep finding myself going back and messing with him

he's just good
>>
File: 12523.jpg (84KB, 551x980px) Image search: [Google]
12523.jpg
84KB, 551x980px
It's been a long while since I really bought anything I didn't really want.

That being said, these wouldn't be near what I'd think of when you ask what's my fav toys, but I always keep them on my work desk at home. Figma Guyver is a bit underwhelming as a Guyver figure but it's still a fun toy to mess with. Revoltech Cyborg Ninja... is a toy I've been waiting a long time for but it had to fucking be in a diff scale than every other one of my MGS toys and the soft rubbery plastic around his thigh is wearing out quick, color is fading away... It's a very mixed bag of a figure for me but it's a super fun toy to pose around still.

Revoltech Alien is just there because I actually fully like that figure.
>>
File: IMG_8031.jpg (697KB, 1901x1268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8031.jpg
697KB, 1901x1268px
Black Series Stormies
>>
My favorite "not great, not expensive" figures are WWE Elites, and since they're all basically identical I might as well say the entire line. They're the ultimate figure to give to an 8 year old boy due to how much abuse they can take, so I never worry about breaking them in extreme poses. The thought has never crossed my mind.

I also get the nostalgia feels, which is nice.
>>
File: redpill.jpg (2MB, 3632x2012px) Image search: [Google]
redpill.jpg
2MB, 3632x2012px
ML Nuke

I can't explain it, despite the typical ML flaws, he's just a hoot to play with.

The gun he comes with sucks, so you have to give something more appropriate. I gave him Punisher's M60 and glued on a ammo belt I got from a True Heros vehicle. I plan to give him Vulcan Raven's M61 once I find that fucker from storage.
>>
>>6058835
>ML Nuke
My nigga. He IS fun to play with.

I'd say mine is the Hasbro Jurassic World Allosaurus (the red & yellow figure). Sure his Micky-D's color scheme is goofy, and his dynamic sculpt makes him look awkward if you pose his legs in any other way. But I just love the head sculpt and the fact that his biting gimmick lets you puppet his head left to right.
>>
File: review_rocketeer_9.jpg (50KB, 500x778px) Image search: [Google]
review_rocketeer_9.jpg
50KB, 500x778px
A flawed release from a flawed company, but still fun (as long as it stays in one piece)
>>
>>6056754
I don't know why I ever got this guy. He's cool looking and all, but I don't even care for Halo.
>>
File: iXwfP.jpg (111KB, 612x734px) Image search: [Google]
iXwfP.jpg
111KB, 612x734px
I practically don't care for the series at this point and he isn't as great as some other Chogokin figures but despite all of that, he just works for me. He balances really surprisingly well considering his design but that's probably attributed to the diecast in his legs.

Hell, I'm considering actually getting his Tank addon set just so I can have more options to have fun with him.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.