[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General /tfg/ "Aneymay memeatron" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 90

File: MP36_PKGf2-440x513.jpg (63KB, 440x513px) Image search: [Google]
MP36_PKGf2-440x513.jpg
63KB, 440x513px
Fuck autismo, its stale

Previous thread >>6055589

Its confirmed that this is mp36's box art thanks to dengeki
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/302099/

Also new tf movie trailer is up, watching what prime does reminds me of OP's stint as a zombie back in g1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyVKK87hYYM

So what are you excited about, more adventures of murdermus prime, the fact we're getting FUCKING FOUR toylines running at once (rescuebots, rid2015 combiner force, Titan returns anc now the movie toys?) or the fact we're getting megatron 2.0 in full cartoon accuracy, give or take, don't forget tr wave 3 is out all around the world with some types (legends and leaders) have yet to reach everyone.

As always, like what you like, ignore anyone who literally shits on you, for the toys are made in the same factories and we're all slaves to the brand, there are people bored enough to light fires between hasdrones and takaracucks just to watch these threads shit up, lets give the jannies an easy time this time, its not like they get paid over time for their hard work!

And no this isn't a copy pasta, not using my template, not enough takara releases to bother, and hasbro never gives us theirs :^)
>>
File: 1386990831256.jpg (482KB, 800x945px) Image search: [Google]
1386990831256.jpg
482KB, 800x945px
>>6056270
You know what I'm not excited for?

Spending large amounts of money for next year's lines. I don't think I can handle it.

Also trailer's pretty alright I guess
>>
>>6056270
>gun on the box

HAHAHAHHAHAJANHAHA

RIP AUSTRALIA YOU SAD FUCKS
>>
File: autism.jpg (77KB, 440x587px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
77KB, 440x587px
So using the magic of google translate (YAY) lets translate the article!

>"The rest is the champion of the universe! "MP-36 Destron Destroyed Great Emperor Megatron" that can reproduce the activity scene of Megatron with various optional parts appeared!

>Symbol of the evil of the Transformers series, the original destroyed Great Mei Megatron. First animation "Fight! Ultra Robot Life Transformers "is a popular character that appeared from the first episode. "MP-36 Destron Destroyed Great Emperor Megatron" has been resized from "MP-5 Megatron" released in the past. It is a perfect deformation figure of megatron which is close to the proportion in the animation play.

>>6056274
You do realize customs just xray the boxes right?

They don't even bother looking on the box cover, they'll just seize it based on the silhouette, but not all of them are found, its how we know the horror that was mp05
>>
File: autism.jpg (14KB, 440x246px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
14KB, 440x246px
>>6056275
>By combining the attached face parts, it is possible to change the expression of Megatron. In Gun Mode, silencers and stocks are also equipped, the scope is equipped with the first sound gimmick of the masterpiece series. In addition to transform sounds and gunshot sounds, it also has a talking gimmick using voice actor Seizo Kato's voice tone generator who was responsible for Megatron's voice

Its official, megatron despite being randomly numbered is, infact as revolutionary as mp10
>>
>>6056275
>mfw live in chinkland so even if I wanted megatron it would be a piece of cake for me to get him

And now you know why Hasbro panders to asia.
>>
File: autism.jpg (70KB, 440x587px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
70KB, 440x587px
>>6056278
>Robot mode. Total height of about 260 mm (Vertical as much as 240 mm).

He's a big bot

>>6056279
Lucky man, well good chance you guys will get him, hope your reviews come out hard and fast
>>
File: autism.jpg (48KB, 440x381px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
48KB, 440x381px
>>6056280
>By replacing the chain part of Energy Mace with the attached "mobile type" part you can take a powerful pose reminiscent of the action scene in the animation play.
>>
File: autism.jpg (63KB, 440x403px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
63KB, 440x403px
>>6056283
>Since it is unified with scales of other master piece products, if you have an optional MP-10 convoy, you can reproduce "confrontation scene".
>※ The picture is an image.

Um, no shit?
>>
>>6056280
I'm not really an MP guy but something about him that appeals to me is how his accessories work. Reminds me a lot of Figma, which is nice and adds a sort-of premium feel to the fig.
>>
File: autism.jpg (50KB, 440x419px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
50KB, 440x419px
>>6056286
>You can exchange face and chest plate for the attached damage version.

Was hoping to see if they glossed those parts or if its just the lighting

>>6056287
Its what they're going for, I guess they missed how the mp03 f15 mold faces worked and found faceplates to be the next best thing especially since they can work in references behind those faces

Pulling off mp ultra magnus's face shows the little white prime he should of been behind it
>>
File: autism.jpg (14KB, 440x250px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
14KB, 440x250px
>>6056288
>Gun mode. Scope, silencer and stock are detachable, and die-cast alloy is used for parts of trigger (gun trigger) part

Oh boy, that cold trigger is gonna feel nice...meh they should of left it out, its a trigger, I just hope his robot feet have some heft for stability
>>
File: autism.jpg (87KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
87KB, 440x660px
>>6056290
>The gun mode stock can be used as a display stand, so you can set it to robot mode and enjoy various posings.

Ok google translate is doing well today, also yay for stands
>>
File: autism.jpg (66KB, 440x394px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
66KB, 440x394px
>>6056291
>Particle beam cannon formation with combination of scope, silencer and stock.

One of the few toy references in this since the deco doesn't reflect it
>>
>>6056288
>Pulling off mp ultra magnus's face shows the little white prime he should of been behind it
I wonder if pulling off Megatron's face will show the detail shown in the reformatting scene.
>>
>>6056278
>>6056290
This thing is going to be a fucking ballache to get hold of in the UK and Europe, isn't it?
>>
File: autism.jpg (32KB, 440x422px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
32KB, 440x422px
>>6056293
>In addition to the main weapons such as Energy Mace, Laser Dagger and Blaster, the headgear, Chest Part (Damage Version) used in manipulating the convoy clone in the TV anime play, the vector Sigma key taken from Elder Alphaurus, Energy Mace There are also plenty of accessories such as mobile chain for use, exchange face parts (from the left ... Damage face, scream face, smile face) that you can enjoy various facial expressions of Megatron!

Yep its saying alpha trion but you get the idea lots of shit, who's gonna make their mp10's do funny shit?

>>6056295
That's exactly what's behind him actually, they confirmed that, makes for a good reaction pic, I'll post it later

>>6056296
Just check local gunlaws and find out what fellow outlaws have done, just don't expect customs to have mercy
>>
>>6056299
>package. Please note that the logo mark is a proof that it won the "Long Life Design Award".

>DATA

>Transformers Masterpiece
>MP-36 Destron Destruction Great Mei Gatoron

>Price: 23,000 yen (excluding tax)
>Scheduled to be released in early April 2017

Yep, that water mark in the op>>6056270
is how they got that award recently, he's that amazing

>>6056295
Here ya go muh friendo
>>
>>6056301
>Destron Destruction Great Mei Gatoron
Destron Emperor of Destruction Megatron?
>>
>>6056318
Well google translate isn't perfect but you understood it better than google ever did
>>
>OP created a thread prematurely just so people didn't miss out on his Google translate skills

Are you from allspark or TFW?
>>
>>6056291
omg he looks so happy.
im happy for him.
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 1920x1090px
So what's the likelihood of this guy getting a toy?
>>
>>6056380
If this were ROTF, he would have, and it would have had its own robot mode too.
>>
>>6056380
Very little, unless they do special sets like in TF1, or DOTM's cyberforce thing.
>>
>>6056380
Exploding walker mech playset.

Jam this 0 POA Bumblebee into the robot and it explode into a million pieces.
>>
>>6056388
KREO would love that
>>
>>6056270
Still not sold on this guy
>>
>>6056407
Oh well.
>>
File: test.jpg (98KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
98KB, 720x960px
New RID warrior class figures are out.

Here's blud-blastwave
>>
File: test.jpg (91KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
91KB, 720x960px
>>6056415
Stormshot
>>
File: test.jpg (95KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
95KB, 720x960px
>>6056416
And alpine strike drift
>>
>>6056416

I feel like this guy is a Leader-1 homage somehow. Something about those pillars around his head.
>>
File: test.jpg (115KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
115KB, 720x960px
>>6056417
With a re-pack of strongarm.

>>6056418
You could be right though his colors mask him, perhaps a grey repaint coming?

Anyone the page I stole it from had this comment

>Stormshot looks like Protectobot Skyfeather!
I best look up who this skyfeather is cuz he ain't no g1 guy I know
>>
>>6056417
At this point you can probably form multiple uniform color sets of Team Bee.
>>
>>6056415
can someone pick this one up so we know what to expect of the new bludgeon?
>>
>>6056420

Theres a Starscream underneath her too, but with the Combiner Force logo instead of the TRU exclusive logo.
>>
>>6056425
Its a retool of megatronus, if you have him you know what to expect

>>6056426
Shit didn't even notice, so this would be the mass retail release version?

But that's 5 in an assortment, is that normal, I thought they came in 4's?
>>
>>6056425

Probably a decent, yet largely hollow figure that is a little too cartoon looking to really go with a regular collection, and has an ugly indent for the round faction insignia.
>>
>>6056429

No holloness actualy. We've seen Blastwave from the back, he lacks the hollow arms Megatronus had. He's the best version of the mold.
>>
>>6056417

I like that color scheme alot more than the orange, but I can see why they didn't go with it since it makes him look kinda Ratchety
>>
>>6056433
Alpine Strike started with Sideswipe's Red Alert homage, right? It's kinda neat how consistent they are with these redecos.
>>
>>6056270

Well OP I am glad that there's so much rehash on Tf5 that I can probably rely on all the shit I already own and not buy much of the new line. Prime is still his tf4 self as are the Dinobots. Bumblebee is so generic I have no idea what's new anymore.

Hopefully we get a nice Megatron, and I can buy any random nameslaps when they go into bins end of 2017.
>>
>>6056416
I've been ignoring RID, but if this gets a Decepticon repaint I'm down to buy one, the mold looks nice apart from lack of waist
>>
>>6056417
They should have put the IDW style head on him like Japan got.
>>
>>6056415
>literally my mom's bludgeon
>>
>>6056441
Don't be so sure, they'll probably make new toys for most of the Autobots.
>>
>>6056456
?
>>
>>6056458
Anon probably means that the designs for returning characters will be similar enough that they won't need to buy new versions of those characters.
>>
>>6056464
Well I do hope they make a new mold of Crosshairs, but they'll most likely be just repaints and redecos.

Dunno which mold 5Bee will use.
>>
>>6056468
Seeing the trailer, a rerelease of his AOE toy, and a new deluxe Camaro mold.
>>
>>6056415
That's fast.

>>6056416
Looks like a superion limb...

>>6056417
Why no IDW Drift head? That one takara used?

>>6056420
Why a repack of strongarm zzz.
>>
>>6056416
Love his colors, want.
>>
>>6056407
You seriously have crap taste. That megatron looks fucking AMAZEBALLS.
>>
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71779259/MP%20guide%E6%A8%A3%E6%9C%AC.pdf

Yo someone posted a link with some mp guide book with prototype images of some mp's.

Its not in english and as we speak its beginning to error due to the traffic, seriously I was reading it then the pages went blank and then this shit happened, shoulda downloaded it while I had the chance
>>
File: test.jpg (69KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
69KB, 576x960px
>>6056508
Here is alternative link using google drive, and a preview of what's included including art card stuff
>>
>>6056453
Too expensive for Hasbro.
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 768x861px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 768x861px
This is masterpiece memes for sure!! Here's the bye bitches one.
>>
>>6056598
>WEEEEE I GOT A POLE UP MUH ASS
>>
>>6056601

>too autistic to care
>>
>>6056497
Or maybe he just doesn't like Transformers that are obviously a mess of panels, or that are blindly emulating the cartoon to a fault? Just a thought. It's a good-looking toy, let's not kid ourselves, but there are plenty of design choices here that are obviously polarizing.
>>
>>6056494
>Why no IDW Drift head? That one takara used?
I don't know. Maybe because it's a kids line aimed at American kids? Crazy theory. I know.
>>
>>6056416
Wow. 3 plane bots in one line and none of them are even retools of each other? I'm honestly impressed.

>>6056415
I knew about bludgeon, but not this guy. Looks like I'm going to have a pair of awesome samurai dudes even though I try to avoid repaints/retools of molds I already have, but I love my Megatronus figure.
>>
>>6056622
So what's idw pandering too them other than reddit?
>>
>>6056618
polarizing?!
I just don't think any of you MP-36 naysayers truly realize how hard it is to make a megatron toy that looks great in BOTH modes, and not just great, but actually looking like his proper character model. MP-05's robot mode failed, but had a great gun mode, and all the 3P options are vastly inferior to MP-36.

Really, what would you suggest they do? I wouldn't change a thing, I think it might be the most awesome and impressive MP figure ever. It looks better than Optimus and makes me wonder if yet another new Op might be on the way, a more cartoon-accurate one, perhaps.
>>
>>6056629
Reword that sentence to make sense.
>>
>>6056630
Reason why its polarizing is the aesthetic shift, look at mp 10, look at mp 36, one carries toy AND anime accuracy, the other ditches the balance.

Honestly, the 3p dx9 mightron better matches up with mp 10 aesthetically but that's my opinion personally
>>
>>6056631
>american kids line
IDW is american.

Drift was created by idw.
>>
>>6056630
Despotron does a far better job at creating a good looking megatron and a good looking gun. The only thing MP36 brought to the table was better leg engineering, seemingly at the cost of making the gun a panelforming monstrosity and the robot mode into a mess of folded plastic that looks like shit from any angle other than the front.

MP36 doesn't seem like it would be "bad" but the only reason you could say it doesn't have as much wrong with it as a 3P megatron is if you're blinded by brand loyalty.
>>
>>6056634
You're ignoring the part about it being a kids line. They don't care about IDW.
>>
>>6056630
Stop this stupid idea of megatron being a submarine at once and making g2/tank megatron a more popular concept.
G2 masterpiece megatron when?
>>
>>6056630
>and all the 3P options are vastly inferior to MP-36.
Opinions, anon. To people like me and that other anon who probably don't put cartoon accuracy on a pedestal above all else, all of the 3P versions are quite appealing.
>Really, what would you suggest they do?
The two biggest things that kept me from putting a pre-order on Megatron are the gray color and the jank Decepticon badge. Megatron has pretty much always been silver when it comes to toys. From official offerings to 3P, one of the things I was looking forward to most was getting a glorious, shiny, silvery Megatron. For some reason, Takara has decided to use gray, and I feel like it's part of a seriously misguided effort to replicate the cartoon. I mean, he was technically gray in the cartoon, but who here didn't assume it was supposed to represent silver? After all, it's hard to represent metallic colors on the shitty budget of an 80s cartoon. This is the same reason, I assume, that recent MPs have had flatly-colored faces, and the alternate, non-chrome grills for Inferno/Grapple.

I understand wanting to pay homage to the cartoon, but paying homage by replicating the limitations and flaws of the medium is pretty misguided.
>>
File: Humor.jpg (20KB, 251x180px) Image search: [Google]
Humor.jpg
20KB, 251x180px
>>6056270
>they put him in gun mode RIGHT ON THE FRONT OF THE BOX so no other countries can import him unless they're lawless shitholes
>fans scrambling to try and find a way to get ahold of the guy
>no chance he's going to escape an orange buttplug perma-melted into him in the US

Bravo Takara.
>>
>>6056630
>makes me wonder if yet another new Op might be on the way, a more cartoon-accurate one, perhaps.
Disgusting.
>>
File: 1450672733.jpg (112KB, 505x422px) Image search: [Google]
1450672733.jpg
112KB, 505x422px
>>6056654
>mfw takaracucks that complained about the "submarine mode" will suffer this
>>
>>6056654
>so no other countries
So that's USA...and?
>>
>>6056638
I think Despotron looks like a fine toy, but if you think it looks more true to character than MP-36, then you and I are never going to agree.
Despotron is wide, thick and chunky. His aesthetic means he looks out of place with every other MP figure. He looks like an reimagined or artist's interpretation of Megatron. His face is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.
Sure, he has fewer panel lines, but his gun doesn't have as nice a silhouette as the official and his robot model is objectively less accurate to the source material/character design.

It's fine if you like it, but I think you're out to lunch to claim it's superior to MP-36. Who even gives a rat's ass about the back side of a figure, anyway? That's just a truly desperate attempt to find a nitpick.
>>
>>6056653
>I mean, he was technically gray in the cartoon, but who here didn't assume it was supposed to represent silver?

This is my biggest beef with the MP line's direction.

If the show had the budget it sure as shit would have been loaded up with proper details and shading. Even the movie very obviously shaded him to resemble a silver color with the extended budget it was given, he's not supposed to be a shitty flat grey even in muh g1 cartoons..

They're literally trying to emulate poor animation in these toys. They might as well just go the extra mile and tampo on a poorly calibrated CRT filter all over him, if they really want to emulate that nostalgic feeling of watching transformers in your childhood.
>>
Where the hell do I find Titans Return deluxes beyond wave 1 in the UK?

I've been to TRU, Hamleys and all the supermarkets.
>>
>>6056680

Online probably.
>>
File: prime 14657.jpg (360KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
prime 14657.jpg
360KB, 825x1200px
>>6056633
>one carries toy AND anime accuracy

IF MP Prime had toy accuracy, it'd look like this. MP figures don't have toy accuracy, they're based on the show models first and foremost. Where's Wheeljack's arms reaching his ankles? Where's the wheels on Sideswipe's shoulders? Where's Ironhide and Ratchet's lack of heads? Where's MP Cheetor's mutant head?

Nobody cares about or wants toy accuracy except contrarian faggots.
>>
>>6056683
t. takara designer
>>
>>6056653
Well, I'm focusing on the mold itself, not so much the paint job or deco.
I don't mind the grey at all, because I think shiny silver would've made him too gaudy and he would not have looked right next to optimus.

However, if they do re-release him in silver, I will pick that up, too.

I understand your qualms, I didn't buy Shockwave yet because I don't like his lavender tone.

However, the badge complaint seems silly. Just use sticker/transfer/decal of whatever faction symbol you prefer. I assume he will be grey plastic, so you could easily remove the tampo, maybe it will even be a sticker.
>>
Gobotron is the main villain in TF 5
>>
>>6056682
I'd love to but I live with others and power levels don't hide themselves
>>
>>6056691
It's your only option so far.
UK is shit with retails.
>>
>>6056691

Just order it online, who gives a shit man? So they see your toys, it's a fuckin' toy robot. It's not like you're buying tittymonster pillows and dragon dildos.
>>
File: 4-55.png (1MB, 1400x1022px) Image search: [Google]
4-55.png
1MB, 1400x1022px
>>6056679
Thank you for agreeing with me, anon. I feel like I've been taking crazy pills.

>>6056687
The mold is always hard to tell until it's in hand. It may very well be great, there's a lot to like about it from the pics alone, but also some things to be wary about, mostly the number of panels on his backside, and the cobbled-together gun mode. But we'll see.
>I think shiny silver would've made him too gaudy and he would not have looked right next to Optimus
Umm... disagree. Pic related.
>I didn't buy Shockwave yet because I don't like his lavender tone
He's probably my least-favorite official MP. Not because of his color, specifically, but because it's unpainted plastic. It looks cheap as hell, and certainly not worth the $90 I paid for him. He looks out of place next to more detailed/properly painted MPs.
>I assume he will be grey plastic
That's the absolute worst. I wouldn't even bother paying for him at that point, gray plastic always looks like shit. There's a reason I never bought MP Grimlock or Starscream. They look so chintzy and out-of-place next to the other MPs.
>>
>>6056683
I love you.
>>
>>6056678
I'd argue the other way around. comparing them purely to their cartoon reference sheet, MP36 has a far boxier and thicker chest than he should, that make's absolutely no attempt that resembling the top of a P38's barrel slide (something despotron does perfectly) and It's heavily cartoon-based aesthetic makes him stick out far more than a 3P ever would. Either gun's silhouette is fine to me.

>Who even gives a rat's ass about the back side of a figure, anyway?
Nobody, that's who. But MP36 has "back" issues that extend far beyond an ugly backside. Issues in his appearance arise if you look at him from even the slightest angle that isn't his front. His waist is paper thin from the side, his shoulders are full of holes from the top and his arms completely hollow. He has a better silhouette from the front that's for sure, but his entire upper body comes across as hollow and over-complicated. It just doesn't look like a solid figure to me.
>>
File: comic (4).jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
comic (4).jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>6056630

>and all the 3P options are vastly inferior to MP-36.
>>
>>6056726
Pictures like this make me thankful for MP36

It's the first Megatron toy ever made to get his face right. Why is the old buckethead face so hard?
>>
I'd like a MP Megatron with G1 looks for robot mode and a different alt mode, like a tank
Basically a MP version of the CW Leader Megatron
>>
>>6056728
3P companies tend to avoid likeness, for whatever reason.

I hope fantoys does a Megatron some day, they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>6056731
I've been wanting this for a long while now
>>
>>6056733
>3P companies tend to avoid likeness, for whatever reason.

Nah, they tend to go for stuff that wouldn't get made. Like Despotron here >>6056726 is clearly G1 Megs, but his overall features and proportions are more based off Dreamwave/IDW comic versions.

Funny part is they could easily do a more G1 head/face since the whole helmet and face are removable thanks to a well done face swapping gimmick.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (133KB, 1748x984px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
133KB, 1748x984px
>>6056733
>>6056738
I more mean in general. Even Takara and Hasbro have never done a Megatron head that looks like MP36

And the less said about MP05 the better.
>>
>>6056726
Wow that looks like shit, more like Megatubby.
>>
>>6056726
Facesculpt aside this is the only good 3P Megatron. Looks like his Devastation appearance.
>>
>>6056728
>It's the first Megatron toy ever made to get his face right.
Once again, opinions. Myself and many others in this thread simply want a Megatron face that looks good. I'd argue that Despotron, while stylized, is still a great face sculpt, and I actually like Mightron's face quite a bit. Even Apollyon has a good sculpt, if not cartoon accurate, it's clearly Megatron and it exudes character. Meanwhile, I find MP-36's face to be a bit flat, and not just the color. The expressions seem a bit bland to me for some reason. Except for his battle-damaged smirking face. That one is fucking flawless.

I get the feeling that you are holding EVERYTHING to the standard of the cartoon, and a lot of us aren't quite in that same boat. We just want stuff that looks nice, and we understand that it's possible for things that don't look like the cartoon to look nice.
>>
>>6056756
They all have their own charm for sure. I even kind of appreciate MP05's face.

MP36 certainly nailed it though.
>>
>>6056415
They actually called someone blastwave. Hahaha that's dumb.
>>
I don't own any MPs so I don't understand this.
Why is painted plastic better looking than colored unpaited plastic?
>>
File: WEW.jpg (4MB, 5255x2907px) Image search: [Google]
WEW.jpg
4MB, 5255x2907px
>>6056761

I quite like the MP and might even get him even though I have despotron. He is much more thick and comic-y than the MP which allows him to carve a niche for himself.

I understand a lot of people place cartoon accuracy over everything but I'd rather have a better built, less accurate figure (Quakewave) to a poorly built but more accurate figure (Laserwave).
>>
>>6056769
Because paint looks nicer than plastic, usually. especially where lighter colors like gray and white are concerned. Even more especially when considering the shit-quality gray plastic that gets used on a lot of Transformers.
>>
File: hahaha_no.gif (498KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha_no.gif
498KB, 300x222px
>>6056773
>better built
>Quakewave

>poorly built
>Laserwave
>>
>>6056769
plastic with a shiny finish tends to look very cheap. using a shiny paint fixes this.

Unfortunately because takara uses shitty quality paint and makes pathetic attempts at sealing it 99% of the time the result is a figure covered in paint chips.
>>
>>6056652

G1 Megs in any tank form will and always will be a compromise and will never be as popular as a gun alt mode.
>>
>>6056777

Stressed legs tabs fresh out the box says hi.
Perma jammed heads says hi.
People trying to unjam their heads and tearing it straight off the joint says hi.
Shitty thin feet can't hold a decent pose.
Lightweight af.
Can't actually salute like it's competition due to limited RoM in the arms.
FUCKING LAVENDER.
No paint.
>>
>>6056654

MP-5 was the same way and no problems there.
>>
File: vmboth.jpg (95KB, 650x346px) Image search: [Google]
vmboth.jpg
95KB, 650x346px
>>6056779
The best example of cheap plastic look vs expensive chip-prone paint would be early Alternators vs Binaltech, though Binaltech is diecast and paint chipping is worse on that.
>>
File: r_titans-return-015.jpg (266KB, 1922x596px) Image search: [Google]
r_titans-return-015.jpg
266KB, 1922x596px
>>6056769
>>
Honestly I wish they'd do more matte unpainted plastic where they can.

My UW Superion compared to my MP Ratchet looks much better with it's unpainted plastic.
>>
File: sideshot.png (131KB, 247x603px) Image search: [Google]
sideshot.png
131KB, 247x603px
>>6056725
>His waist is paper thin from the side

Side profile looks fine.
>>
File: tt-legends-optimus-125.jpg (168KB, 1200x990px) Image search: [Google]
tt-legends-optimus-125.jpg
168KB, 1200x990px
>>6056769
>>
>>6056793
...really? I don't own Ratchet, but he must be a huge step down from Ironhide, then, because Ironhide is gorgeous.
>>
>>6056783
>3P shill says hi
>>
>>6056799
I think the reds on the left look better while the blues on the right look better.
>>
>>6056799
The only extra paint there on the Takara version is the red, which gives minima differences. The blue on the Takara version is just metallic plastic.
>>
>>6056800
It looks good but the paint doesn't bond to the plastic very well and it's really prone to chips and rub
>>
>>6056683
>Nobody cares about or wants toy accuracy except contrarian faggots.
And nobody cares about or wants cartoon accuracy except for autistic manchildren.
>>
>>6056807
Except for literally every other show getting show accurate toys and making people happy.

Only G1 Masterpiece figures trigger you.
>>
>>6056807
Calm down, both toy and cartoon accuracy are for fags.
>>
>>6056806
That sucks. Haven't had that issue with Ironhide, and I've hamhanded him pretty hard at times.

>>6056683
Let's not be so stupid, anon. The MP line was clearly drawing inspiration from a number of sources, hence Wheeljack's paint job, transparent wings and logos. Obviously the cartoon was the foundation for the MPs, because they've been the foundation for every character model of G1 Transformers, but they obviously weren't restricting themselves to ONLY using cartoon design features/flaws like they are now.
>>
>>6056815
The paint on his is thighs and the edges of his roof (which are really bad rub areas) won't survive more than a few transformations. It really sucks.
>>
>>6056813
...but those Turtles don't look anything like the cartoon.

I don't give a shit what a toy is accurate to as long as it looks good, and we need to be able to admit to ourselves that the original Transformers cartoon didn't always look good. In fact, more often than not, it looked like shit.
>>
>>6056813
>fanboys responding valuing nostalgia and pandering over actual quality
Stop the fucking presses.
>>
>>6056801

>Lose the argument
>Fling baseless accusations

3P isn't a company you tard.
>>
>>6056813
>implying a majority of toy collectors aren't autistic manchildren
>>
>>6056826
>implying i was the anon you were replying to
How much is Ching Ding Dong paying you to shill his china knockoff plastic?
>>
>>6056415
Looks nothing like the source material. What is this? Beast Wars all over again?
>>
>>6056278
>sounds
>on a mp
Oh man that's gonna be a nightmare during transformation, isn't it?
>>
>>6056831

You can't shill for competing companies at the same time retard. Think about what the word means.
>>
Sigh, why do they look like the CHEAPLY MADE KOREAN ANIMATION? They should be a mix of all the different media! Nobody wants toys that look just like the show!
>>
>>6056836
Ok, Han Chong Ling
>>
File: 20161207_032813.jpg (126KB, 1115x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161207_032813.jpg
126KB, 1115x720px
Anyone else has TR Kickback? Mine seem to have an issue tabbing his right shoulder in properly, wondering if it's a common issue.
>>
>>6056840
Almost picked him up the other day but ended up blowing my cash on a Mandarake order instead.

Will get him soon and report back.
>>
File: 23423421231111.png (138KB, 279x296px) Image search: [Google]
23423421231111.png
138KB, 279x296px
>>6056834

>Let me just slide these arm panels up...

"STARSCREEEEEEEEAM"

>God dammit the barrel didn't rotate

"STARSCREEEEEEEEAM"

>Shut the fuck up dammit

"STARSCREEEEEEEEAM"
>>
>>6056843
And this is why I never put batteries into my DOTM Jetwing Prime.
>>
>>6056834

I AM OPTIMUS PRIME
>>
>>6056834
>>6056843
It's contained exclusively in the fusion cannon. Unless your ham hands are so large you can't help but touch the button that's all the way over there during transformation, I don't see what the problem is. This isn't a case of I AM OPTIMUS PRIME
>>
>>6056844
>>6056845
>>6056847
Those 4 words probably caused more pain and frustration to the human race than Hitler could ever have dreamed of.
>>
>>6056847
Is there a way to limit the sounds to the fusion cannon bzorp? I don't particularly care for the dulcet tones of Seizo Kato.
>>
>>6056278
>gimmicks and shit
No wonder it was pricier. Who actually wants this crap?
>>
>>6056859
Nobody. Literally nobody. It's just a cheap gimmick to make a cheap toy feel like it's worth more than it really is.

I feel like we've been over this before, but no matter how much shit they cram into a toy, it's still relatively cheap to make and they sell it at what they think they can get away with. The gimmicks are just there to trick people into thinking it's worth more than it really is.
>>
File: 1479124811326.jpg (22KB, 501x377px) Image search: [Google]
1479124811326.jpg
22KB, 501x377px
>No MP Astrotrain or Blitzwing
>>
>>6056840
I still need him.
>>
File: Photo 18-08-2016, 21 51 18.jpg (184KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 18-08-2016, 21 51 18.jpg
184KB, 800x600px
>>6056840
I still need Skrapnel!
>>
File: 2m3jq5u.jpg (300KB, 1400x999px) Image search: [Google]
2m3jq5u.jpg
300KB, 1400x999px
>>6056380
Bro, it's already got a toy, bro
>>
>>6056783
To add:
Not enough clearance between joints so paint scrapes says hi.
Gun wire too short so it ends up sheering when arm is moved says hi.
Legs too tight that its impossible to get a decent pose out of it says hi.
First run didn't include both hands.
Color scheme too dark.

er wait these were for quakewave!
>>
>>6056897
That is a fucking awful design.
>>
File: 61hIBNOiJwL._SL1100_[1].jpg (77KB, 1100x669px) Image search: [Google]
61hIBNOiJwL._SL1100_[1].jpg
77KB, 1100x669px
>>6056887
>>
My only issue with MP Laserwave is that his waist articulation is so floppy that I just never bother using it.

Which is a real shame considering her has an ab cruch
>>
>>6056859

It's pricier because the other figure's worth of plastic that is the stock parts and silencer.

Not that I like gimmicks though.
>>
>>6056843
I misinterpreted this as "Starscream tries to manually transform MP-05 for two hours" and now the image won't leave my head.
>>
File: 20161207_044117.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161207_044117.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>6056840
Okay, after shaving plastic in some areas, I managed to isolate what's jamming the transformation. However, it seems like one of those "I'm just that lucky" random issue so I won't be posting a fix.

The general gist of it is that the black coating (on clear yellow plastic) was like half a millimeter too thick in one spot, jamming the mechanism.

If you didn't see my posts like 2~3 threads back to know, Kickback has zero black plastic. All the black parts you see are entirely cast in that clear yellow then coated in black paint.

I'm sure the engineers have factored in the black coating in their design but the tolerances of these paint coats are hard to control. So far I've encountered an uncomfortably-tight neck swivel and this shoulder tab issue all due to the paint coat. Hope you guys have better luck.
>>
>>6056961

Yeah and the way it was implemented you can only use the ab crunch if his waist isn't twisted.
>>
>>6056977
Man, I hope the inevitable Insecticon three-pack just casts Kickback's black parts in black and paints the yellow portions in an even gold.

And maybe paints the beetle horns and grasshopper wings in a nice shiny silver.
>>
I just picked up Hardhead at retail and Furos has two left arms. Should I just exchange it or try to contact Hasbro support?
>>
>>6056801
Why is someone a shill for pointing out problems with official Takara products? It's not like they've been without QC issues.
>>
>>6056270
They should have chosen a pose similar to the G! toy box.
>>
File: IMG_6625.jpg (350KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6625.jpg
350KB, 800x600px
>>6056769
Here
>>
>>6057004
Exchange. But does it Honestly make a difference?
>>
>>6057033
It doesn't, but it'll drive me crazy knowing it isn't made right.
>>
File: 1473723559685.jpg (171KB, 720x719px) Image search: [Google]
1473723559685.jpg
171KB, 720x719px
Congratulations! After opening your most recent MP purchase the great Japanese toy genie Mitsubishi Katana has given you a great opportunity!

You may pick which MP is next in line to be made! Who do you pick?
>>
>>6057057

Armada Prime :^)
>>
>>6057057
masterpiece beast machines blackarachnia
>>
How come nobody has ever made a left arm for cybertron thundercracker? You could glue the cannon in place so the gimmick deploys the missile launcher and then have a normal arm on the other side!

Kinda want to put some tiger stripes on thundercracker to have a "machine wars" Hooligan though.
>>
File: Liv_excited.jpg (31KB, 415x478px) Image search: [Google]
Liv_excited.jpg
31KB, 415x478px
>>6056683
>Where's Ironhide and Ratchet's lack of heads?
Titans Return versions when?
>>
>>6056642
>They don't care about IDW.
Kids smarter than adults confirmed.
>>
>>6057057
Motherfucking Barricade. I know he'd just be a Prowl redeco but goddamnit this guy needs some love. Plus I'm a sucker for the whole evil cop thing he's got goin on.
>>
>>6057057
Masterpiece Movie Devastator

I just want to see how big it would be.
>>
>>6056946
>implying a transfag has tastes
>>
File: 3A-Starscream-069.jpg (341KB, 2048x1463px) Image search: [Google]
3A-Starscream-069.jpg
341KB, 2048x1463px
>>6057103

>Hating on LITERAL perfection
>>
File: image.gif (79KB, 550x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
79KB, 550x415px
>>6057057
>All these people picking popular guys

I'm picking an absolute no hoper. Even has plenty of retool and repaint potential.
>>
>>6057104
Cool, where's the jet mode?
>>
>>6057057
Beast wars Randy with the same plastic and gimmick only bigger.
>>
>>6057106

>A good looking, accurate bayformer
>Transforming, ever

Not even in 40 years will engineering be able to accurately replicate the bullshit magic the CG did.
>>
>>6057057
Cyclonus
>>
>>6057104
Fucking disgusting.
>>
File: 3A-Starscream-018.jpg (496KB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
3A-Starscream-018.jpg
496KB, 1638x2048px
>>6057119

You just can't appreciate the subtlety and nuance of the gorillian edges bayformer design.
>>
>>6057129
Good, it's trash.
>>
>>6057129
I can if It can't transform
>>
>>6057119
>>6057141
>>6057143

You know he keeps posting it entirely because you'll bitch about it.
>>
File: Dinobot_Maximize.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dinobot_Maximize.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>>6057057
Beast Wars Dinobot.
>>
>>6056278
>MPs are becoming purposefully worse and badly designed to emulate shit animation
>electronic gimmicks nobody asked for
>Hasui nowhere to be found
Dark days ahead for the MP line, my friends. I'm glad awesome shit like Wheeljack and G2 Sideswipe already got made while the line was in its prime.
>>
File: Dinobot_Robot_7_1271364380[1].jpg (81KB, 1068x925px) Image search: [Google]
Dinobot_Robot_7_1271364380[1].jpg
81KB, 1068x925px
>>6057148
OK, but only if it looks like the toy. Nobody wants a show accurate Dinobot toy. It needs mutant head chunks growing out of its face and big tranlucent legs.
>>
>>6057168
>Dark days ahead for the MP line, my friends.
Total opposite, each release has been better than the last.
>>
>>6057168

>Even remotely suggesting that the animation was flawed

BURN THE HERETIC. HAIL TAKARA.

>>6057177

Shockwave and Tracks were much worse than the other Hasui cars. Prime and Inferno were good though.
>>
>>6057057
Tough one. I'd have to say Hoist, because I want someone for Grapple to chill with.

Although part of me really wants Runamuck and Runabout, just to bolster the Decepticon forces with some sweet cars.
>>
File: after a night with megatronia.jpg (403KB, 906x1208px) Image search: [Google]
after a night with megatronia.jpg
403KB, 906x1208px
MP36 sure is something else!
>>
>>6057177
You have to be pretty delusional to believe this. Shockwave is easily the worst MP since the reboot. I really like Tracks, but he has a ton of flaws compared to the near-perfect trinity that is Prowl/Sideswipe/Wheeljack. Ironhide had a big hurdle to overcome and did a good job, but is still not nearly as good as the early Autobot cars. Hot Rod is sweet, but his backpack is a little unsightly.

>>6057182
>Inferno
>good
I believe this, but god damn he is the most boring looking MP, maybe next to the pale purple mess that is Shockwave.
>>
File: it aint gonna fire itself.jpg (375KB, 1208x906px) Image search: [Google]
it aint gonna fire itself.jpg
375KB, 1208x906px
>>
>>6057182
No anon, it's only shit animation if it's G1. All other animation is flawless and perfect. Show accuracy is only wrong if it's G1.
>>
>>6057202
I love how you geewunner fucks have to strawman this hard to try and defend your shitty toy commercial.
>>
File: DOTM - Crowbar concept art.jpg (474KB, 900x806px) Image search: [Google]
DOTM - Crowbar concept art.jpg
474KB, 900x806px
>>6057057
Crowbar, love the tentacles.
>>
>>6056977
>All the black parts you see are entirely cast in that clear yellow then coated in black paint.

For what fucking purpose holy shit why would they do this.
>>
File: 614.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
614.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>6056781
I actually prefer the tank. It's way more fun and interactive with other alt. modes.
>>
>>6057070
I bet he gets made at some point.
>>
>>6057204
>implying I'm wrong
>>
>>6057210
It was probably more cost-effective to paint yellow parts black than to have to run a casting process with an additional color of plastic, I guess.
>>
It sucks that MP Laserwave apparently has all of these QC issues. But at the same time, I really didn't like the lavender color they used.
>>
>>6057218
Because the animation models for that show were consistent.
>>
>>6057227
So show accuracy is only bad when it's G1, got it.
>>
>>6057214

The pistol will never make sense. Mass shifting is dumb.
>>
>>6057194
>You have to be pretty delusional to believe this.

Naw, the newer releases have been more cartoon accurate which is what I prefer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
>>
File: 1367974973547[1].png (339KB, 637x478px) Image search: [Google]
1367974973547[1].png
339KB, 637x478px
>>6057232
>wanting mecha to make sense

The cancer killing the giant robot genre.
>>
>>6056843
I laughed.
>>
>>6057243

I'm just asking for it to be in the ballpark nigga.
>>
>>6057168

Meanwhile MP Cheeto sets a new bar.
>>
>>6057232
Why does Megs have to turn into a gun the size of his hand? Why doesn't he, just, you know, carry a gun that size with him wherever he goes?

Asking the tough questions.
>>
>>6057255
Not toy accurate enough, it's shit.
>>
File: 2vHH7TL.jpg (619KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2vHH7TL.jpg
619KB, 1080x1080px
>>6057256

My headcanon was that the fusion canon was the Decepticon heirloom that got passed down leader to leader where their alt mode's incorporate it fully.

Megatron just used it as a normal canon but in alt mode he diverts every last bit of energy to it in tandem, not even allotting for locomotion and instead has to be carried as a weapon himself, which plays into Decepticon's weakness of trust something something metaphor.
>>
>>6057229
No, it's bad when the source is poorly designed an inconsistent. Your persecution complex is hilarious, though.
>>
>>6057261

But it has everything the toy has except the part about being a tiger painted like a cheeto.
>>
>>6057271
Nope, doesn't look enough like the toy. It looks like it came out of the cartoon completely. That's terrible, masterpiece is ruined. See, like this guy agrees >>6057269 it needs to be more toy based and not show based.
>>
>>6057277

So you want a tiger mold painted like a cheeto then. That's the only thing they changed on the MP.
>>
>>6057279
Of course. The show accuracy is evil, the toy accuracy is good. That's why Animated was a shit toy line, they all had smooth and animation model accurate designs instead of being covered with tons of panel lines and sculpted details. The really screwed the pooch there.
>>
>>6057243
On the note of that, do drill tanks actually exist irl?
>>
>>6056683
I have to be honest, I'd buy the shit out of a high-end G1 Prime in that style.
>>
>>6056679
>They might as well just go the extra mile and tampo on a poorly calibrated CRT filter all over him, if they really want to emulate that nostalgic feeling of watching transformers in your childhood

They already gave MP Primal the low-res fur texture map, don't give them ideas...
>>
File: age-of-extinction-concept-art-34.jpg (380KB, 1200x1747px) Image search: [Google]
age-of-extinction-concept-art-34.jpg
380KB, 1200x1747px
>>6057057
>>
File: 1391386912072.gif (630KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1391386912072.gif
630KB, 200x200px
>>6057232
>Mass shifting is dumb
>>
File: P_20161206_191705.jpg (559KB, 980x1300px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161206_191705.jpg
559KB, 980x1300px
ayy
>>
>>6056781
You do understand the youngest generation that grew up with his gun mode is 30 yes?
I'm not sure how popular it is with a generation that grew up with Armada and what not
>>
>>6057400
What's Up Card?
>>
>>6057404
Ultrapro card sleaves
>>
File: IMG_0355.jpg (97KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0355.jpg
97KB, 500x306px
>>6057057
Scrounger
I just want to see if they could pull off a 1 for 1 of both modes
>>
>>6057400
You lucky bastard, my Walmart got wave 2 just 3 weeks ago, I won't see these guys till next year.
>>
File: 1456045669482.jpg (33KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
1456045669482.jpg
33KB, 237x212px
>>6057400
>pop tarts
>fruit snacks
>OJ
>>
>>6057421
Those are all good.
>>
>>6057421
for the record the fruit snacks were gushers
>>
>>6057426
What kind of pop tarts you get famalam
>>
>>6057428
unfrosted brown sugar
plz no hate
>>
>>6057400
I wish I had people over at the United States to help me find stuff for cheaper... well I do, but she works so hard that I can't ask her to do that.
>>
>>6057431
Disgust
>>
>>6057400
Picked up Trigs and Roddy myself. Twinferno and Getaway would be worth it at 9.88, but I'm running out of space to display toys.
>>
File: 681f877fjw1fab3lccwhij211b0ukk0d.jpg (202KB, 1024x839px) Image search: [Google]
681f877fjw1fab3lccwhij211b0ukk0d.jpg
202KB, 1024x839px
If the MP's are doing a hardcore toon style now are they gonna do a V.3 OP?
>>
>>6057403

Yeah that's true.

I usually don't don't slip into geewunnery either I just remember being a kid and thinking the tank mode was such a cop out and guess that tainted things for me.

Stuff like >>6057214 posted is just as iconic as the gun mode but man HasTak really haven't progressed much with tank modes.
>>
>>6056386
Say that to Scrapper and Overload
>>
>>6057070
Cab only or full super mode?
>>
>>6057070
>implying Bendy isn't a masterpiece on it's own.
>>
>>6057439
who's that handsome bara on the left

is it from the factory that made huge mp grimlock?
>>
File: Toyworld Primorion.jpg (103KB, 701x960px) Image search: [Google]
Toyworld Primorion.jpg
103KB, 701x960px
>>6057451
>>
>>6057449
This meme wasn't funny in 2002 and it isn't funny today.
>>
>>6057453
I don't know about funny...
But I'm having lot's of FUN with my Bendy here.
He's a hell of a masterpiece after all :^)
>>
>Godbomber's release date is in fucking May, and it's apparently the only Legends release that month.

Fucking hell, only 3 Legends releases for the first five months of 2017. It's going to take forever for their Hot Rod and Sixshot, and you can kiss goodbye to getting more cassette bots.
>>
>>6057460
Couldn't they just announce more along the way? I really feel like God Bomber was only announced to drive more preorders for Ginrai. I was curious to see if they were going to retool Getaway like they did with PM Prime.
>>
>>6057471
They always seem to announce them in batches, so I doubt they'll add anything else.

>I was curious to see if they were going to retool Getaway like they did with PM Prime.

Really doubt it, he's practically the text book "ignored by Takara" toy.
>>
>>6057460
With all the QC issues we are going back to what they did in 04-07 when this last happen and it's going to be few and far with releases with some not coming at all or being "exclusive" of Hasbro releases.
>>
>>6057479
So far, I'd say they're releasing Hot Rod, Triggerhappy, Doublecross, Perceptor, and Sixshot

The rest of them are in the air. Most of the Legends scale figures are in a gray zone since they could easily skip them or have them show up in the adventure line.
>>
>>6056654
>live in canada
>absolutely no issues importing megatron, even if he was packaged in gun mode

Feels pretty good for once.
>>
>>6057497
Then you remember he's going to be more than $300 dollarydoos and it goes back to feeling bad.
>>
>Wave 3 is out everywhere

I live in the Portland/Gresham OR area.

Bitch where?
>>
File: IMG_0356.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>6057502

What the fuck why do leafs pay so much?
>>
>>6057505
3 hours south in Albany
>>
>>6057507
Our dollar is worthless.
>>
File: image.jpg (655KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
655KB, 1936x1936px
Welp, I finally got Warrior Bisk. I've got to say, he'd be one of my favorites if he wasn't a complete piece of shit.

This is fucking unacceptable.
>>
File: TFCon-Chicago-2016-294.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TFCon-Chicago-2016-294.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>6057506

How tall is Max? Pic related is 65 cm at the head and I want to know if they'll look good together.
>>
>>6057507
because their pretty boy nu-male leader ran their economy right into the fuckin' toilet.
>>
>>6057512

65 cm at the wing tips. My bad.
>>
File: IMG_0357.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0357.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6057507
Taxes?
>>
>>6057505
I live in Puerto Rico. I'll probably see it in January, and only if they bother to restock them before April.

I am going to Colorado in late December, but I'm not dragging the people I'm staying (who I don't even know), to help me buy them.
>>
>>6057512
Right at 60cm
>>
>>6057509
Not worth the drive.
>>
>>6057226
What QC issues? I've had no problems
>>
>>6056420
Are there any changes from the last version, or is it still Strongarm? Doing a composite one with toolings from Ratchet but Strongarm's head and boobs might make for a decent new character with a different color scheme.
>>
File: IMG_0358.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0358.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>6057526
Smart man
Wave 3 will be like the combaticons and be everywhere by end of January
Side enjoy what you have. It's easy to get toy fatigue.
>>
>>6057243
>transformers
>mecha
Haven't I already told you to fuck off back to /m/?
>>
>>6057532
This line just hits all the right buttons for me.

I didn't get any Combiner Wars except for Ultra Magnus because tiny robots piloting larger robots is my fucking kink.

Since diving into it I've gotten damn near everything except for Sentinel Prime (because Astrotrain) and either Soundwave or Blaster because haven't seen them on the shelf.

Also not getting Highbrow because I just don't like it.

But everything else from Deluxe foward barring remolds (Except Brainstorm)
>>
Is CW Ultra Mango good for 47 debt doubloons after shipping?
>>
File: 1463283025870.jpg (326KB, 2048x1491px) Image search: [Google]
1463283025870.jpg
326KB, 2048x1491px
>>6057390
Anon, that already exists.
>>
>>6057511
Holy shit thats bad. Why doesn't it peg in? QC issue?
>>
>>6057538
Owning a Blaster, and having handled a Soundwave, I recommend Blaster.

Blaster's transformation is just a boom box, but he's pretty great, and his base mode is way better than it has any right to be. He'd be perfect with wrist and waist articulation, but I think he's good enough.

But Soundwave is... off. While his colors are nicer, his helmet is awful compared to Blasters, and trying to stick to his G1 altmode when the design doesn't lend itself towards it hurts the toy pretty badly. The worst part about the whole thing is the chest hatch, since they tried to mimic the transparent one the original had, but it just looks weird with the new toy (they should have made it blue with transparent plastic in the middle, even keeping Blaster's would have been better).
>>
>>6057557
That's what happens when you mix napalm and agent orange with plastic.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 1600x765px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 1600x765px
when
>>
>>6057569
nevr

kys
>>
>>6057557
I don't know, but the claws are impossible to peg into the legs straight. They're angled out by an entire millimeter or two, so trying to peg the claws in means that the front of the vehicle mode will splay out.

I've seen reviews where people do it fine, but the one I paid for is incapable of transforming.
>>
>>6057571
no u
>>
>>6057577
no

U
>>
>>6057547

Yes.
>>
>>6057557
It must be becuse mine doesn't have that issue
>>
>>6057516
>moba balance
>>
>>6057581
Oh.
What about 178 dollars for UW Bruticus?
>>
>>6057598
Where the fuck are you? Amazon had him for 122 a few weeks ago, so why not buy it from there?
>>
>>6057598

No, thats way too much.
>>
>>6057601
Llamaland.
I'd get it from Amazon but customs are run like the mob over here.

>>6057605
Well, fuck.
>>
>>6057511
I've seen a lot of people complain about Bisk's right claw not pegging in in these threads. Apparently it's pretty widespread, but not universal.

I've never seen a fix posted, which unfortunately means you're pretty much screwed. Since Bisk isn't available for anywhere near retail you're going to be paying at least twice retail price for a replacement, unless you bought from a scalper who had more than one and is willing to let you exchange it. You might get lucky and Bisk could show up in a revision wave later this year, but I haven't seen the decepticons show up more than once.
>>
>>6057547
>>6057598
These are both terrible prices.

CW Ultra Magnus isn't worth more than 20 bucks.
>>
File: 1Bruticus.jpg (34KB, 476x231px) Image search: [Google]
1Bruticus.jpg
34KB, 476x231px
>>6057606

Can you cancel your Bruticus order? Shit, you can get him right off Amazon now for less.
>>
>Sqweeks is broken, can’t transform, and can only say ‘chihuahua’.

I was actually looking forward to this one, and thought this guy would be interesting, and get a cool toy.
>>
>>6057611
Well at least he's not gonna be fix-it, though the girl did seem to have an emotional attachment to it.

I dunno, I'm not digging the design but at least it's not cybertronian.
>>
>>6057598
Jesus fuck no.

>>6057609
Shit meme you got there lad
>>
>>6057610
>Can you cancel your Bruticus order?
I haven't ordered anything.

Does free shipping really apply outside North America?
I've never tried getting something with free shipping to my country because most of the time it wasn't even eligible for shipping on those cases.
>>
File: Stormshot.png (2MB, 1209x1401px) Image search: [Google]
Stormshot.png
2MB, 1209x1401px
This guy is cool.

I lifted the picture from TFW.
>>
>>6057616

Oh, no idea. I just assumed you were US based.
>>
File: Drift.png (3MB, 1409x1477px) Image search: [Google]
Drift.png
3MB, 1409x1477px
>>6057624

Again - this would look better with the comics inspired head Takara put out in that two pack with Jazz, but I still like this over the orange one.
>>
>>6057626
Man, I wish.

How bad are the taxes, tho? From what I've heard civilized East Asia and the US are the best places to be a collector.
>>
File: Friendly Autobot.png (4MB, 1409x1833px) Image search: [Google]
Friendly Autobot.png
4MB, 1409x1833px
>>6057627

HOW ARE YOU DOING FELLOW AUTOBOTS?
>>
>>6057628

In the US taxes vary by state. Dunno what the import/export taxes would be though.
>>
>>6057624
So what's the Combiner Force part?
>>
>>6057624
Conehead redeco fucking when?
>>
>>6057632
OH HI BANZAI-TRON
>>
>>6057645
I want a Leader-1 homage first just to have a consolation buy after the shitfest that was Eagle Robo.
>>
>>6057632
You know... with a bit of remolding and other colors, that could make for an interesting RiD Onslaught there.
>>
>>6057664
Eagle Robo was great though.

I mean, I still sold mine because he fit with nothing else on my shelf.

But he was great
>>
>>6057674
Did yours have no floppy joints or any issues standing up?
>>
>>6057678
Mine had no such issues.

I usually had him up on his stand and he'd always hold whatever pose I put him in, so long as I positioned the stand to where it wouldn't tip over.
>>
File: 1469046274819.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469046274819.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>Voicebox gimmicks
>Grey
>possibly convoluted transformation
>Doesn't clean up as well as the 3rd party options
>Really thin feet and legs
>220 USD

Getting pretty fucking worried this is going to be a lemon.
>>
File: UltraMagnusPunch.jpg (809KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
UltraMagnusPunch.jpg
809KB, 1600x1200px
>>6057703

Just wait for reviews man. For something that pricey, it's the only way.
>>
>>6057710
this, if he is popular like soundwave he will get plenty or reissues
>>
Anyone have that pic of the a3 chair mode?
>>
>>6057607
>Bisk isn't available for anywhere near retail
Why the fuck not? God damn the distribution of these fucking toys. I can never find Generations shit at local retail, but I at least assumed he'd be easy to get, because whenever I go into the Transformers section, it's just a fucking flood of RID shit.
>>
>>6057642
None. They have other figures for that. The warrior class doesn't go into the other gimmicks.
>>
>>6057725

That, and given his price he's probably not going to sell out that quickly. Shockwave certainly didn't. Especially with substantially cheaper 3P options hanging around.
>>
>>6057607
What? I just saw Brisk in Pittsburgh PA and Clarksburg WV walmarts.
>>
>>6057624
>>6057632
I kind of want BW Depth Charge and Rampage homages coming from these two.
>>
>>6057710
Indeed.
>>
File: UltraMagnus1.jpg (781KB, 1105x1198px) Image search: [Google]
UltraMagnus1.jpg
781KB, 1105x1198px
>>6057730

My retail just got Wave 1 TR. And has old-ass RiD stuff on the pegs, and a lot of it.
>>
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/Special-Offers/featured-htsus-specialoffers-featured/-htsus-specialoffers-12DaysofSavings?catName=12%20Days%20of%20Savings#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Fruitiloopiticus is 49.99.
>>
>>6057791
Wish it had the G2 faction symbols, guess there's stickers for that though.
>>
File: Red_Alert_Robot.jpg (37KB, 383x576px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Alert_Robot.jpg
37KB, 383x576px
>>6057624
I love this guy, he really reminds me of Armada Red Alert.
>>
Fair disclaimer we might want to wait till closer to 400 before we make a new thread I feel we will see about 100 post deleted soon.
>>
>>6056273
What's the best/cost-efficient TFA Grimlock that I can hope to find at TFcon?
>>
>>6057801
Funny enough I was thinking armada ramjet.
>>
>>6057806
no idea at a con but new he's $25-$40 used complete $10-$20
>>
>>6057806
I just go to toy cons and find the second hands. Usually I would find one for 10 dollars but nowadays the dinobots are a bit of a rarity compared to their vehicle friends.
>>
>>6057791
Anything worth a dollar? Want to go for that higher discount.
>>
>>6057846
Maybe.
>>
>>6057703
Even if he is you can be sure fanboys will defend any of his faults to the bitter end.
>>
>>6057855
>>6057853
<3 ╭(๑ ॔ㅂ ਂ ॓)و ̑̑
>>
>>6057860
For realz.
>>
>>6057866
><((((*゚< >゚*)))><

Even if I was a normie, Anon, there is not really anything you can do to stop them from coming here.
>>
>>6057875
(V) (O ww O) (V) Keep fighting the good fight, chum.
>>
>>6057890
ミ(・・)ミ
>>
>>6057901
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง You know just what to say.
>>
>>6057908
C≡(・。・C≡)≡≡≡ I think someone's just lonely and needs lots and lots of hugs.
>>
>>6057624
He looks very G1/G2 but I can't think of what he may be homaging, if at all.
>>
>>6057912
Yeah, same. I dig his headsculpt.
>>
>>6057920
<( ・_・)。D -→ -→ -→ -→ (>_<→
>>
>>6057929
(。‿。) Take a break, Anon. No one will judge you for it.
>>
>>6057933
⊂(⌂)⊃
>>
File: Ultra Embarrassed.jpg (40KB, 261x228px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra Embarrassed.jpg
40KB, 261x228px
Missed/neglected Sky Lynx and Ultra Magnus because of their price. Now that they should be clearing out, what's a good hopeful/expected price for them? I know Sky Lynx had loose ratchets and weird toes, but how was UM?
>>
>>6057936
This seems okay, could be cheaper. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-combiner-wars-Sky-Lynx-/262733687883?hash=item3d2c25ec4b:g:KHQAAOSwiONYN7gy
>>
>>6057936

UM's solid except for his hands. The fingers suck at gripping things and are pinned. Might be able to fix with futureshine.

Skylynx people can find at Ross for like $12. But online he's still $30+.
>>
>>6057801
Holy shit thank you
I was trying to place who he was reminding me of.
>>
>>6057801
Huh, interesting.
>>
>>6057940
(゚⊿゚)
>>
>>6058063
(.□ . )
>>
>>6058074
○Oo。.@(-ェ-)@ノ~~~
>>
>>6057057
Power Master Optimus Prime or Targetmaster Kup.
>>
>>6057511
You realize that the way you angle the shoulders in vehicle mode can fix this, right?
>>
Aside from MP-36, which other MPs are super accurate to the cartoon design?

Maybe Shockwave?

But then both of these guys transform into guns and not real vehicles. The carbots prioritise the accuracy to the vehicle before the cartoon bot.
>>
>>6058083
Lambor/Sideswipe is pretty cartoon accurate, as is the original mp Hot Rod/Rodimus (though less so for his Rodimus mode, of course)
>>
>>6058083
MP Ultra Magnus is very cartoon accurate in robot mode.
>>
>>6058091
(/・・)ノ
>>
>>6058083
MP01
Grimlock
The Exosuit that comes with Bumblebee
Ultra Magnus
Shockwave
Star Saber

That's pretty much it
>>
I have a feeling that MP-29 and MP-36 Shockwave and Megatron have a more accurate robot mode due to not being a car.

I think most of them are more like upgraded and modernised G1 toy designs rather than being Sunbow accurate, with the exception of Ironhide/Ratchet.

MP-11 was a modified Kawamori Starscream. MP-13 Soundwave doesn't have the wide rectangle, but has the same rectangle as the G1 toy.

MP-36 is one of the most Sunbow accurate transforming toys I've seen.
>>
It is difficult to get a 3D toy to be super accurate to a simple 2D cartoon design. Simplicity of the surfaces with minimal panel lining and achieving the right silhouette tend to be the key.

Bandai is doing it with the Robot Damashii ANIME line.
>>
>all these twitter.com posts
>not a mod in sight
How typical.
>>
>>6058100
Shockwave just plain has a dirt simple design that's impossible to fuck up and Megatron is accurate because they don't give a shit about having a terrible looking gun and robot mode as long as the sillouhette works from the front.
>>
Does G2 Bruticus have any significant problem I should know about?
>>
File: 20160814_202328.jpg (65KB, 836x562px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_202328.jpg
65KB, 836x562px
>>6058153
Blueberry Whirlwind has the same HFG issue as the other Helicopter molds

King Banana has that knee assembly error that will stress the shin plastic. Either gotta snip off those tabs or not lock the knees.

Both these issues are made worse since the particular plastics used are easily stressed.
>>
>>6058156
>>6058153
O wait are you talking about the CW G2 Bruticus boxset or the FOC G2 Bruticus or the G2 G2 Bruticus?
>>
>>6057703
>>6057860
Even if it's fragile or complex to transform, who cares? Megatron is a hard dude to design a toy for, and he looks awesome in both modes. If that means I have some complex transforming to do, then I'm fine with that.

Sounds like we've got a couple of ham-handers with unrealistic expectations who are getting ready for the breakages they know in their hearts will be their own fault. Gotta blame the toy/designer/QC!
Go play with Despotron, he's simpler and doesn't look nearly as nice–you just leave the MP-36 for the fans with taste.
>>
>>6058175
CW G2 Bruticus. The Onslaught problems are making me hesitant.
>>
File: PSA_Defensor.jpg (193KB, 1236x1152px) Image search: [Google]
PSA_Defensor.jpg
193KB, 1236x1152px
>>6058198
Yeah but now you know and knowing is 48.05% of the battle, or 43.1% if using the electoral system.

Just gotta do those fixes.
Or wait for Baldigus.
>>
>>6058210
If only Baldigus could be found for 50.
>>
>>6058081
Explain
>>
File: IMAG0096.jpg (656KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0096.jpg
656KB, 1836x3264px
>>6058081
You can't "angle the shoulders" in vehicle mode. The shoulders are locked together in two places, and the hinges don't have any range if motion if you lock the claws.
>>
>>6058085
>Lambor/Sideswipe is pretty cartoon accurate
It is and it isn't. I remember when it came out, so many people were bitching that his chest was "wrong" because it was too wide.
>>
God, nuRiD hasn't been too exciting to me outside of Strongarm, Starscream, Windblade and the temptation of that G1-style Grimlock, but the latest waves have been pumping out all the cool and absolutely blindsiding shit.
>Pretty good Ratchet
>Bisk the lobster beast
>New Bludgeon
>Cool-looking new guy Stormshot
>Suddenly Soundwave gets more toys.
>Another Doublecross in case TR doesn't appeal
>A Rescue Bots Blurr with G1 colors AND warrior class articulation
>>
File: 20161016_012723.jpg (151KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161016_012723.jpg
151KB, 1080x1440px
>>6058276
>G1-style Grimlock
If you want a donor body for TR Clobber...
>>
File: grumlak.png (120KB, 299x264px) Image search: [Google]
grumlak.png
120KB, 299x264px
>>6058277
My god, I hadn't even thought of that.
It'll be quite the modding fest to give him a connector but that could work.
>>
>>6056671
USA and Australia. Didn't you read? He said lawless shitholes.
>>
>>6057172
Kill your self.
>>
>>6058530
Isn't it actually easier to import that into australia due to the stricter gun laws? I know that most of them go through HK/TW/MY/SG no problems because there's like zero civillian guns in those places.
>>
File: fullretard.png (479KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
fullretard.png
479KB, 466x466px
>>6058210
>43.1% if using the electoral system.
>>
>>6058252
angle the shoulder in at the ball joint, you can, I've got it in my hands right now
>>
File: IMAG0097.jpg (776KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0097.jpg
776KB, 3264x1836px
>>6058884
Do you not see the plastic walls pegged together right beside the ball joints?

Explain to me how you've somehow learned to clip solid matter through other matter.
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.