[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mumble grumble package misdelivery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Going-Postal.jpg (17KB, 399x264px) Image search: [Google]
Going-Postal.jpg
17KB, 399x264px
My dyslexic postman delivered my SHF Iron Man MK-III from AmiAmi to some random neighbor yesterday. I know this crap happens from time to time, but I have a few questions about pursuing this since USPS doesn't take calls until tomorrow morning.

First off, this was a registered airmail package. Is it automatically insured?

Second, this package required a signature. On top of taking it to the wrong address, the postman let some stranger off-the-property sign their name and take it. Assuming it's legible and clearly isn't my name, can I hold the post office responsible if the package is uninsured?

Third, in the case that it's uninsured and the post office admits fault without compensating, does AmiAmi customer service replace lost packages?
>>
go ask your neighbors?

The fucking moron fedex hired for my street does this with EVERY package. Fortunately my neighbors bring the packages to my door.
>>
>>6052664

Registered airmail from Japan automatically covers a small amount. Don't remember what it is offhand.

The problem here is that your stuff has been delivered (although wrongly). It's more a matter of getting USPS to fess up rather than claim, which is usually for loss or damage.

Expect amiami to do shit for you. At most they may start a claim if there's enough proof of nondelivery. But this is usually possible months after the expected delivery date, and the claim goes to them, not you.

Best thing is to try and sort it out with your post office first.

At least you can call them tomorrow. i parcel lost my Amazon order since mod November and they are not responding to *Anybody*.

Why Amazon continues using those fucking shits is beyond me. You'd think all the refunds are denting their profits.
>>
take it up with your local post office, they should be able to track the slip and see the delivery. It's going to be tough getting them to admit they incorrectly delivered it.

if your neighbors have it, just go get it. Really stupid of them if they opened it as well.

>>6052833
the refunds don't put a dent in their pockets like shipping does; UPS/FedEx are more expensive, especially with anything priority. USPS for the most part does a good job of delivering packages.
>>
>>6052882

Isn't signing for mail that isn't yours criminal?

Hey, You could put your neighbour in jail, OP. heh

And isn't iparcel the shittier version of the already shitty as hell UPS?
>>
If the neighbors haven't given you your stuff yet you're probably not going to get it. That also means you live among absolute cunts. Only reason you should ever sign for someone's package is if you intend to go bring it to them.
>>
>>6052951
>>6052882
This. Do you know your neighbors OP? Go talk to them and see what happens. If they don't hand it over then take it up with the post office.

I've had my apartment neighbors hold stuff for UPS before since they just leave it at your front door (easy to see and take).

I've had a package stolen/lost before though because UPS 'delivered' it but I was at home during the delivery and never saw or heard anything. Haven't had problems with the USPS though.
>>
>>6052833
Good to hear about the coverage.

I'm wondering if it was even the regular postman making the rounds yesterday, since he should know me from all the times I actually received my stuff. If that was the case and the signature is legible, maybe there's some hope.

>>6052951
I'm starting to assume as much. My area is generally a lower-middle class immigrant population, so I can see it getting ebayed for Christmas money. Having the yen value printed on the customs form will likely see to that.

>"$5,300???"

The really fucked up possibility here is that little Juan signed for it and is currently bouncing my figure across his concrete driveway.

As for getting it back from my neighbors, I have no idea what block of my street they could be on. I'm at 1604 and went on a mail snoop for a missing Bricklink package once. It was in 1804's box. I actually heard the mail truck across the street around noon, but he drove off for lunch or whatever. "Delivery" was 50 minutes later, so he could've made it down to 1064 or the 1604 on another street entirely.
>>
>>6052997
>little Juan
glad your package was stolen you racist
>>
>>6053036
Juan is a common name, anon
Would you have preferred John or whatever the black version of John is? Dequarius or something?
>>
File: 5wmFj1L5.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5wmFj1L5.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>6053039
>Dequarias or something?
Holy shit lel
>>
>>6052664
This just happened to me too OP, the tracking info claims it was delievered to my mailbox.
Unfortunately I live in an apartment, so there is no way to tell which one of my dumbass neighbors has my shit, or if they will actually give it to me
>>
>>6052664
USPS hired many people for the holidays. They could be tempts doing delivers in your area. They might have delivered to the wrong street or number.
Registered needs a signature, but your own signature is not required, anyone in your building can sign for it. You will not get anything from amiami, it's not their fault that your mailman mess up. They did their part and shipped out what you ordered.

You will need to contact your post office and ask them what happen to this package, in many cases the mailman will remember where he or she delivered to, and can retrieve the package for you. If they can not get it back, and admin their fault then your insurance claim will go much faster.

There's also many case where your address or property is not number or marked clearly with your address. number getting covered by your plants/trees, no numbers, unmarked apartments . etc. If you are in those then you need to get some tape ,paper and marker and write your address number on your DOOR so the mailman can see it. If not and it gets miss delivered or undelivered and returns to station. So no clearly marked address can = no more delivery attempt until it's fixed, you will need to go to the station to pick up your packages.
>>
Got this last week.
Believe it or not, everything inside was intact.
>>
>>6053036
My neighbors across the street are blasting mexican love songs from their SUV's subwoofers right this minute. It's a dominantly mexican neighborhood in Texas.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.