[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help/repair thread ? ??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: why.jpg (2MB, 1836x2712px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
2MB, 1836x2712px
hello, first time on /toy/ so hope this is an ok thread to make. does anyone have experience fixing anything like this? my "FFRIEND" rammed into my desk and knocked over 2/3rds of my figs, canti landed on the floor and this arm peg snapped off. ive tried fixing it with 2 different kinds of super glue, one being a liquid cement for plastic models. didnt work at all. do i need some kind of epoxy? it's such a small delicate moving area/ moves a lot too im just not sure what to do.

id appreciate any help as fuck
>>
Make that fucker buy you a new one.
>>
>>6051284
There's no fixing that. It's probably some soft plastic that won't take to any glues unless you encase the entire joint in the stuff, in which case the thing won't move ever again. It looks like pinning won't even work because the joint is off center.

Your friend is a douchebag, have him compensate you.

I would try contacting the company that makes it or measure it and have it modeled and 3D printed from shapeways or something. It won't be great but it might be good enough.
>>
That peg is fucked. There is no easy way to repair it while retaining the joint's movement.
>>
Force that piece of shit to replace it by any means necessary.
>>
>>6051288
i dont think theyre gonna give me 200$ :' )

>>6051291
>>6051292
ah jesus. well this sucks, ill probably try giving pining a shot anyways (not really sure what else i can do?). dont think im dedicated enough to call the company or 3d print

eugh.
>>
>>6051307
>don't think
If he's an actual proper friend he'll replace it for you because he's the jackass who broke it.

If he refuses to then tell him to fuck off to the next dimension.
>>
>>6051307

Steal his cat/dog.
>>
File: friend.jpg (180KB, 964x300px) Image search: [Google]
friend.jpg
180KB, 964x300px
>>6051320
>>6051311
i dont think its gonna happen/ plus everyone else i know would think im overreacting & id be the bad guy

no cats or dogs, ill just hold it over her head till she dies. fuck.
>>
>>6051328

Next time they come over make them stand in the corner so they don't have any more 'accidents'. If they give you shit for it tell them you can't afford for them to keep breaking your expensive plastic with their bumbling oafness.
>>
>>6051284
Do you have access to some tools?
Because it is not a complex piece, you can either try to repair it. My first thought is drilling a hole almost the size of the broken peg both in the peg and the remnant "knee" part. Then insert a little metal rod inside the "knee" part and slide the peg (wich is now like a small cylinder) on the rod. Use strong glue like epoxy for metal.
Now it requires a small drill a vise etc..

The best way is probably to make a duplicate piece. You can make a little mold of the piece with pokyler clay like Fimo or Sculpey then pour molten plastic in it. Or you can sculpt one from a solid bloc of plastic.

It all depends on how are you skilled with your ham hands.
>>
>>6051328
Next time you enter their house break anything you can find worth $200 and pass it off as an "accident".

If she freaks out about it call it karma and then cut ties with her permanently.

Why the fuck are you letting some dumb bitch break your shit?
>>
>>6051307
>I don't want to call the company even though this figure costs hundreds

Ok
>>
Absolute long shit but I've pulled this off before. What you want is a pair of wire cutters and a cheap sewing needle. If there is a hole in the joint already skip the first part of these instructions.

Heat up the sewing needle with a lighter candle and poke a significant hole into the broken joint and snapped peg. You want to use thermal gloves and or pliers obviously.

Using cutters your gonna cut that needle to the appropriate length so that one half of the pin you've created fits in the peg and the other far enough into the joint to not fuck up the hinge.

You now have a solid foundation to hold the two parts together. Get good super glue.( I'd recommend adhaero found in dollar stores or last glue if obtainable) and add a tiny tiny bit into each hole then combine the two parts and quickly wipe up excess glue with a wet cloth.

Should work. Safety goggles recommended when cutting pin/needle.
>>
>>6051341
good plan, got it written down

>>6051344
after hearing glues wont, i just heated up a needle and stuck it in the joint and its moving around fine? i was worried about that since ive been using glues on it. i'm fairly confident in my crafting skills etc, ill figure something out

>>6051345
geez man

>>6051357
i dont wanna pay anymore money/ go through that ordeal. i bought him for 70$ too, just increased in value.

>>6051362
yo this is what i was thinking (and just partially tried)! glad to hear it worked for someone, ill give it a shot for sure
>>
>>6051284
Buy no joints. They sell many. Not for that line but for others.
>>
>>6051665
>New
>>
>google2hard
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+fix+broken+figure+joint
http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2011/03/25/diy-figure-repairs-part-1-broken-joints/
>>
File: tumblr_mew1er2ZJm1qehjd6o1_1280.jpg (499KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mew1er2ZJm1qehjd6o1_1280.jpg
499KB, 1280x982px
>>6051387
It's your own fault for not putting that shit in a case and letting the motherfucker just hang out where he can eat shit.
My Red Canti laughs at your failure son, and you're too beta to accept the fact someone broke your shit and have them make it up to you somehow. Shameful.
>>
Just buy some Hobby Base Slim joints. They come in 4 different sizes in one pack, at least one of them will probably work. Pop out the broken half of the joint with a mini screwdriver and see if one of the HB joint halves will fit. If it won't, replace the whole joint. Pop out all remaining sections of it still stuck in the figure by heating it a good deal till it's rubbery, then use needle nose pliers to gently fish out the broken parts.

Jesus Christ, the people giving "advice" need to realize that joints can't be repaired fully, so always look for replacement options. /toy/ is fucking retarded.
>>
>>6051665
this
looks like a figma joint could work as well, which you can get a pack of them at ebay.
i know.
>china
but don't worry they are the real deal, i have some of them in fact, but people have said that there's a chance that you got one fucked joint out of the pack sometimes, and the chance rises if you order bigger packs, and also they came in random colors, if you don't mind getting a bunch of them there's chance that you can get a small grey one. there's revoltech joint packs too but i'm not sure if they are as good as the figma pack.
you can also search for hobby base's joints, which you will have to assemble but in a pack you can get 3 of the color and size you need without gambling like the figma joints in ebay.
there's some in hlj, i'm kinda wary of posting a link, last time i did it they banned me for "promoting apple products", but then it was an ebay link
>hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-TN16
just try to take that broken joint and replace it
>>
>>6051745
>>6051758
Both joints are double joints that don't resemble the shape and size of hobby base or figma joints.

I generally agree, however. No matter how you attempt to fix POM or PA joints, it'll still be extremely subpar without a replacement. The joints here are PA and I haven't done much research into adhesives for it, but if its list of bondable glues is as short as POM, then there'd only be 2, and in POM's case, they're both super expensive, and one requires it to be heated to like 200 degrees F.

Anyway, here's some bonding tips for PA, OP.
http://www.permabond.com/2015/03/18/bonding-nylonpolyamide-industrial-adhesive/
Before anyone asks how I know the joints are PA, it's listed on the box. And the joints sure as shit aren't ABS or PVC

Your best alternative is to sadly buy a new one.. or make the joints from scratch. But take it from someone who does just that, if you have the option to rebuy, even if it's as expensive as it is, take it. Pic related.
>>
File: 1424727418517.jpg (546KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1424727418517.jpg
546KB, 1280x1707px
>>6051284
i bet if this was a guy friend you'd fucking tap his nuts and tell him to fuck off, but since it's a girl you're too much of a beta faggot to do anything. top lel.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.