[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone worried that 3d printing will soon become good enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Anyone worried that 3d printing will soon become good enough to fabricate perfect duplicates/counterfeits of any figure ever, and the hundreds or thousands of dollars we spent on the "real" deal will have been for nothing?
>>
If the Chinese can't even replicate the quality of premium figures today with all their machinery and factory tech, then No, 3D mush is still far from making the gradients on an intricately sculpted piece of underwear look awesome.
>>
>>6050508

Maybe when 3D printing can account for paint-apps and joints.
>>
>>6050508

Not really. It isn't going to be cost-effective for a very long time. Especially taking these things >>6050517 into account.
>>
thats years from happening and I want all my toys now so I'll gladly pay
>>
>>6050517
3D printed joints hold up fine. I 3D printed a figma crotch joint using a FDM printer and regular PLA and it's held up.

It definitely has to the potential to make garage kit toys easier to make. Designing figures in something like Zbrush, then printing them with a SLA printer, and then recasting them in cast resin is going to be a lot easier than the traditional clay->wax->recast workflow that garage kits tend to go through.
>>
>>6050508
Not unless printers and printing material becomes both cheap as shit and extremely high quality.
>>
2D digital printers can't even replicate the quality of photo prints from 150 years ago. At best, they can replicate b&w monochrome prints, putting them somewhere around 300BC Chinese technology and the Gutenberg press. It's going to be a while.
>>
>>6050508
If they ever become that good, I'll welcome it.
>>
It's still not very economical for producing counterfeits/knockoffs. It's like using $10 worth of materials to produce a $1 bill.
>>
no you worthless retarded piece of shit
>>
Why would you even fucking care?
>>
They look like shit. And people would want something that looks good
>>
File: 52453486734.jpg (132KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
52453486734.jpg
132KB, 1024x682px
>>6050508
>and the hundreds or thousands of dollars we spent on the "real" deal will have been for nothing?

No, because you got what you wanted with that money.
How can be that "for nothing"?
It's not always about paying the least amount of money for your hobby, stop being so cheap.
>>
>>6050817
Soccermoms who do yoga and drink smoothies would argue otherwise.
>>
>>6050508
>toy emulation
some day...
>>
I do some work in antique dealing. Cast-iron bulldog nutcrackers? Fakes. Every fucking one of em.

But people still buy em, and the people who give a shit still pay top dollar for the rare real ones.

Fakes don't devalue the real thing if people continue to care about the history.
>>
>>6050517
>account for paint apps
How the fuck-
Do GARAGE KITS account for paint apps? Or gunpla kits? No, but they can have color coded sprues and parts. 3d printing can do that.
You act like manufactured figures come out the mold fucking painted dude.

>joints
Is actually a fair point. But I think people always try to design 3d print joints as if they're injection molded, but if you think printer friendly many of the joints can be simulated. Hinges, ball joints etc.
Also, hobby base?
Joint SIZE is definitely an issue though. Past a certain size no matter what material 3d print joints are too fragile.
>>
>>6050820
Are you one of them? Why are you here?
>>
>>6050900
isn't that basically what posing 3d models is?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.