[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /toy/ feel about bzpower?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14

File: -Fhwazu3.png (312KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
-Fhwazu3.png
312KB, 512x512px
How does /toy/ feel about bzpower?
>>
Im going to assume this is either someone from the site or an anon recalling from their childhood, so I'll be civil.

For most who bother talking about it, we here at /toy/ don't really take too kindly to BZP due to it's hugboxxy nature. During it's years between G1 and G2 Bionicle it basically became a breeding ground for e-celebs and SJWs whining about sexism or racism in typical keyboard-warrior fashion. Dissenting opinions that were deemed rude or hurtful were of course silenced by the admins, the userbase then of course dwindled with the toyline now dead, and it basically just became the worst type of forum.

The same few dozen people circlejerking for brownie points with one another in an echo chamber day in and day out. And their opinion on 4chan is the typical ignorant opinion of "they're all evil bigots", so of course that's another reason to not hold respect for them.

In short it became a site full of tumlrites (literally, many of them have a tumblr) that think they're the best forum around and they're the moral voice in all political issues involved with Lego, so. Yeah. They suck.
>>
>>6049802
>During it's years between G1 and G2 Bionicle it basically became a breeding ground for e-celebs and SJWs

In what, 2001? I don't remember that at all. Maybe it's because I was 10 at the time but all I remember was talking about muh Legos and people doing shitty Megaman-style sprite comics
>>
bronie furfags that are out of touch with reality
>>
>>6049802
>due to it's hugboxxy
>implying /toy/ or 4chan in general isn't just as much of an echo chamber
>>
>>6049818
>2001
If you meant 2010 it didnt really happen until most people jumped ship, midway through HF. 2013? Somewhere around there. When G2 started they instantly bitched about only 1 female Toa out of the 6, the fact that the villagers had a patriarchal system where elders passed their masks down to their sons, there was also discussion about Gali being trans because she and all other Toa were voiced by the same voice actor in 2015 due to budget restrictions.

Also making random characters trans to "improve" them. Google trans tamaru for more on that.
>>
>>6049832
We cant delete meanies' posts though. They censor people left and right.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 463x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 463x750px
>>6049832
They consider this to be sexist. Its why the creator hangs out here instead
>>
that site is oooold
>>
>>6049834
>When G2 started they instantly bitched about only 1 female Toa out of the 6, the fact that the villagers had a patriarchal system where elders passed their masks down to their sons, there was also discussion about Gali being trans because she and all other Toa were voiced by the same voice actor in 2015 due to budget restrictions.

i think youre being a little harsh here. it was a few select retards who kept going on about this shit but most people were fine with all that stuff except for the narrator thing.
>>
>>6049926
I remember that one guy with the Harambe moc who got his post deleted.
>>
>>6049926
You had admins like B6 and Tufi allowing the discussion to grow though. Also, they try to say they frown upon discussing politics (along with banning discussion on religion) but then because of the LGBT rich userbase, identity politics are frequently brought up without resistance. People were bashing on someone who wasn't a fan of a Trans Tamaru moc because they thought it was wrong to make a character trans for ulterior PC moral reasons (ie trying to look progressive) and they were vehemently argued against without any admins stepping in. Some guy then says Tufi (iirc) is posting shit on tumblr trying to smear the user and the B6 FINALLY swoops in to say "We're here to discuss a moc, take the outside issues to another site."
>>
File: image.jpg (805KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
805KB, 3264x2448px
>>6049935
POST HIS MOC
>>
>>6049972
yeah i agree that the admins are a just a circlejerk of who dont do a good job. the whole lgbt thing was always weird to me, not that i have anything against it, but if youre gonna make rules then you should stick to them. the whole hypocritical political correctness on bzp always annoyed me. i remember when some people started calling greg a sexist writer for the way he characterized that one female toa of magnetism. it was pretty pathetic
>>
>>6049987
http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/harambe-reborn/25042
>>
>>6050100
Why would this get deleted, it's beautiful
>>
>>6049744
I had fun with my time on BZPower but I always hated the fuckin mod team. I liked the people I met in the sprite boards though.

TOPIC CLOSED.
>>
>>6050226
I fucking hated how B6 just closed a topic as soon as it got off track or someone was causing a ruckus. Like, how is discussio. supposed to take place if you keep shutting shit down whenever your feefees get hurt?
>>
>>6049744
It's great

Trust me I'm the owner of that site
>>
>>6050242
TOPIC CLOSED.
>>
I'm recalling that one time B6 went up to the official writer guy, Greg, and was like "YOU'RE NOT ABOVE THE LAW. I COULD BAN YOU."
>>
It is full of cucks
>>
>>6050284
pls tell me theres a screencap of that
>>
>>6050100
This is fucking amazing! I'm really blown away by it's construction.
>>
>>6050356
I wish, but it must have been like 7 years ago.
>>
first website i ever used at the age of 6
>>
>>6049839
This is wrong

It happens more often than you think
>>
What do people think of TTV then?
>>
Had an account since 2003 and decided to get banned last summer and posted a naked black dude on the comics forum. was a bretty gud time
>>
>>6051271
Not bad anon
>>
>>6050715
Better but they too view us as evil meanies and their forum is essentially like any youtube channel's subreddit; ie more circlejerking for e-celebs. They're not that bad though aside from the ever so self-aggrandizing Eljay.
>>
BZPower is full-on SJW hugbox admin powertrip city. A build with Rahkshi heads as a breastplate will probably get you permabanned.

TTV is a '''''celebrity'''''' circlejerk and if 4chan gets leaks first (which doesn't often happen, but does on occasion) there's a good chance they won't bother crediting /toy/

/toy/'s lego scene is pretty good but I wish there was less bad blood between the main general and the Bionicle/CCBS one. Any mention of one in the other will cause at least a third of the thread to devolve into shitposting
>>
>>6049843
head and lower legs display coherent design aesthetics. torso and arms look terrible though use some fucking reference and stop using rahkshi heads. seriously look at what you can see of the back. what's with those upper arms?

>>6049834
trans here. trans tamaru sounds amazing.
>trans lime Rau to go with my Mirus
>trans teal, the holy grail
>>
>>6051746
Can't blame lego gen to be honest, especially when a fucking brony furry from bzp when to a lego convention for children
>>
>>6050715
Better than BZP and the official Lego Forums.
It's got more of a tightly knit community, I'd say.
But as the other anon said, it can also be a big circlejerk at times, especially when any of the cast members are concerned.
I enjoyed my time there when I still went, but the overbearing authoritarianism got to be a bit much.
>>
>>6052989
>my rage induced rant is still remembered

I'll admit, I could've been a lot more concise with my points. I do believe the parts limit isn't really necessary, but the exclusion of kids from all the competitions still makes me sour. All Lego's time went into the AFOL community with G2 and it's contests and it just shows how inaffective they were at reeling in a younger audience. At least a contest on Lego.com for kids 14 and under would've given youths a chance to be a part of G2. As is stood though, that shit just never happened and I feel like Lego really alienated Bionicle from the current generation by pandering solely to the former G1 fanboys throughout it's run.

And I still can't understand how guys like Eljay can just be so shallow when it comes to topics like this. "If you want to prove your worth, buy the parts." Bottom line, a casual or even fiscally limited fan should have some semblence of a chance in winning something. Not every contest, but at least ONCE there should be something in place for others to get involved. The minimum age for the Rebrick contest was what, 13? The chances a 13 year old had of winning were slim to none and it would've been nice if they could get something back from Lego. You know, a company making toys for kids just as much as they're making toys for collectors. A photography contest, a contest with a size limit, parts limit, age limit. Anything. But what do I know. According to his majesty I was just jealous and I don't understand. Art should not have restrictions! Yeah, well kids should have fun and have a chance to be a part of competitions for once.
>>
I went on the Wayback Machine and found my username on the "currently active" section

felt weird, man
>>
>>6051746
>A build with Rahkshi heads as a breastplate will probably get you permabanned.
But there was an actual official Bionicle set that did just that.
>>
>>6053243
>But there was an actual official Bionicle set that did just that.

which is also deemed sexist by the same people
>>
>>6053003
>AFOL somehow procreates
>enters kid in contest
>builds bayformer shit, takes picture with kid near it
>wins golden mask(s)
>>
>>6049744
I tried to become a famous sprite comic maker like Dark709 but nobody liked my comics.
>>
Oh man. I used to love going there. I even made some of those dumb sprite comics back in the day.

I'll be honest, it was probably pretty dumb, and I was pretty naive, but it was fun while it lasted. Never relaly recovered after it got hacked, and the mods kind of went crazy.

Not all of them though. I became really good friends with 2 of them and talk with them on facebook almost every day and play xbox with them constantly.
>>
>>6055045
I think everyone did at some point
>>
>>6055045
>>6055070
>>6055118

Artwork III was the shit back then. I made one of my long time friends there making comics with him. I left around the time the SJW bullshit started to seep in.
>>
File: Dark709poster.png (341KB, 455x473px) Image search: [Google]
Dark709poster.png
341KB, 455x473px
>>
does anybody remember that faggot Xanis and his gay fucking comic
>>
>>6055241
Holy shit, yeah I do.
>>
>>6051736
Sshhh. If you utter his name there's a chance to summon him. Sometimes he "accidentally" browses /biog/ whenever shit is said about him.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JA99_BMBYWE
>>
>>6055697
Hahaha, I still remember that guy. I was in the friggin' "unofficial BZP Chat group" on Xat, otherwise known as BZPC. He was a mod there and I can't remember what triggered him, but someone insulted him and he just went crazy, and started banning everyone. It was hilariously autistic.
>>
it was the first online forum i ever used (i'm 22 before some 30 year old gets their panties in a bunch about me being underage)

it was fun when I was a kid, I had a nice time just shooting the shit with other kids about cool toys

hell I remember I used to also have an account on Mask of Destiny, the #2 Bionicle website by a huge margin, and I felt like some kind of double agent that would get in trouble if I got caught

MoD was a great site though, super chill. I liked Purple Dave's regular reviews and MoC posts.
>>
File: 1479069261298.jpg (128KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
1479069261298.jpg
128KB, 1200x700px
>2006
>You could get banned for linking to YouTube or other "risque" sites like Facebook

>2016
>YouTube and social media links all around

How times have changed.
>>
>>6055697
>>6053003
I honestly don't care now. He thinks he's in the right but I mean, Bionicle is kill so what's the point. At least I'll keep my anonymity with this whole debacle. This tantrum will follow him for the rest of his "career" though.
>>
>>6055133
Ew
>>
>>6052907
>stop using rakhshi heads

How new are you that you cant even recognize the design?
>>
>>6055133
ANY NIGGAS PLAY THE DARK709 FLASH GAMES
They were rather well made desu
>>
>>6056620
Nah but I played the Game Maker one. I still have it on my really old laptop I think
>>
I was there from 2006-2007. At the time, I didn't realize how locked down and sterile it was. I guess to a degree it was understandable since a lot of kids and young teens were users, but at the same time, censoring words like "stupid" and "jerk" and immediately closing topics/wiping posts when things got just a little off the rails always felt a little overboard.

I left not long after they introduced the blog feature. I don't know what's happened there since then.
>>
File: 1479432610008.png (423KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1479432610008.png
423KB, 600x451px
>Mfw remembering all the cringy shit I did on that site
>Mfw I would always throw tantrums and threaten to leave whenever people didn't agree with me
>Mfw all the drama I was involved with and all the people who stabbed me in the back on a fucking children's website
>Mfw I told numerous people my full name and where I lived because I literally had no friends IRL
>Mfw I actually posted a picture of my immediate family in my blog at one point

Thank God the archives got deleted, otherwise I would never be able to live it down.
>>
>>6057750
I know those feels.
>>
File: 1430775178667.jpg (108KB, 1198x568px) Image search: [Google]
1430775178667.jpg
108KB, 1198x568px
>>6050284
what a fucking faggot holy christ
>>
File: rsz_steve_rambo.png (35KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_steve_rambo.png
35KB, 184x184px
I knew about bzp but never went there. Thank god.

Mocpages was the shit though.
>tfw interacting with the afols as some preteen nobody and they like my dumb humor
>get invited to the sooper secret new wip version of the site that's in testing stage and tell everyone about it, pissing off the site owner

I kinda wish I didn't delete my page, some of it was actually pretty nice for the kind of kid I was.
>>
>muh brickshelf is still around

Time to do some digging
>>
File: 7e1[1].jpg (21KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
7e1[1].jpg
21KB, 466x350px
>
>>
>>6058275
Fuck, I have definitely seen this before

Who's name was it attached to?
>>
Bzpower isn't the best Bionicle Fan site out there, but infinitely better than sites like thethreevirtues who can't help but belittle the fandom and put themselves on a fucking pedestal
>>
but what is? This whole community is fubar
>>
>>6058911
Also if anyone remembers Mask of Destiny
>>
>>6050715
cuck central
>>
>>6055978
Oh man don't remind me. I got a rather blunt warning from ET back then because I sourced to another site with forums, which apparently was a no-no.
>>
>>6059009
It's like they knew the kiddies would jump ship if they got a glimpse of what's outside the windowless room.

Looking back on BZP makes me feel like a North Korean defector. I loved the site back in the day, but once you get free of the oppression for a while you can't ignore the man behind the curtain nor the things he's doing.
>>
my protodermis bar was ALWAYS low, I've just been a rebel rouser like that my whole life
>>
There were so many fucking ridiculously inflated egos.

Mod? Power-trips for days. High protodermis bar and/or post count? People kiss your feet and you come to expect it. More than three people follow your shitty sprite comic? It's like you're a celebrity.
>>
Why did the bionicle fanbase get inundated with so many fundie conservative christian homeschooled kids?
>>
>>6059802
This. honestly it surprises me
>>
>>6059802
By being Lego, for starters.
>>
>>6059802
This was discussed before, maybe here. Possibly, it was one of the few toys that their parents didn't have a problem with. The storyline is/was fairly uncomplicated, good vs. evil with not much gray morality.
>>
>>6060127
And they were robots created by man so it didnt really matter who died or not
>>
>>6060130
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me...and it was because Mata Nui was almost literally God, and Makuta was Satan.
>>
>>6059802

Now that you say something, yeah that was the case.

But I have to agree with everyone else. It's probably because Bionicle was a simple good vs. evil story and pushed values that lined up with conservative Christian ones.
>>
>>6049843
Do you know if the creator for this one is still working on it? I love it but those arms are really bugging me
>>
>>6055133
It still amazes me to this day how godawful this guy's comics were, but I suppose you can commend him for being one of the first. Not to mention his autism-powered titan sprites
>>
>>6058840
You dare forget Toa Voriki, the 7th Toa - friend to animals and proponent of moderated government spending?
>>
>>6049843
>make a moc with realistic female proportions
>it's sexist
>>
>>6060311
I mean those are some pretty big tiddies
>>
>>6060292
His comics were ass, but he was probably like 13 at the time
>>
Anyone brave enough to post their old shit?
>>
>>Eljay is the type of guy who when things go his way and others get screwed over, including children (The fucking target demographic) he say "Too bad. I deserve this." But then when something goes wrong he pulls the "BUT THAT'S not FAIR!!!" I used to enjoy TTV for a time, but his attitude is just so pompous and snobby that I couldn't take it anymore.
>>
>>6061939
Why greentext this? Is this your statement or did somebody else say this? If so,who?
>>
>>6061948
My mistake. Was a comment I saw on one of Eljay's meltdowns and he got kicked almost instantly. Posted before I finished.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (306KB, 1256x941px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
306KB, 1256x941px
TTV once took one of my pictures to show how Ekimu's Falcon looked irl, as a 'first look'. They didn't so much as credit 4chan and it made me a little salty, but at least it resulted in me making this as a response
>>
>>6062182

>all that transparent plastic

Well, that will shatter into a million pieces somewhere within the next couple of years.
>>
File: 001_p80cSL5.png (22KB, 260x176px) Image search: [Google]
001_p80cSL5.png
22KB, 260x176px
>>6062279
lego polycarbonite is really fucking good though
>>
>>6062279
Clearly you collect Transformers or something
Lego's transparent plastic is tough as nails
>>
>>6062279
>>6062507
>>6062509
In 2006-07, Lego had a bad batch of plastic that ended up causing breakage of a lot of socket joints in both trans (polycarbonate) and non-trans (ABS) pieces. It's fixed now.
>>
>>6063249

It's notable because that was when they started using a lot of trans-plastic in their sets with the Toa Inika and the Barrakki.
>>
>>6060735
do women not have big titties irl sometimes?
the whole notion that it's sexist based on having a thick female figure is sexist itself
>>
I had a shitty sprite comic briefly, I wish I could find it
>>
>>6059802
It's Lego.
>>
>>6063249
Didn't that continue up till Stars? I remember the sockets being brittle as fuck - thought that could just have been something with the mold.
>>
>>6070162
That was moreso the socket design itself. They squared them off to try and reinforce them but ironically ended up making them even more fragile. Hence why it wasn't just lime parts cracking and all the sockets were breaking.
>>
Whatever happened to Purple Dave, anyway? Nobody ever seems to want to talk about him, like it's some kind of elephant in the room.
>>
>>6071521
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q7d9il7U8M

We don't talk about it.
>>
>>6072819
I don't see what you're getting at,unless that's what he's doing these days.
>>
>>6073007
Did you watch the whole video?
>>
>>6073160
This is incredibly silly.
>>
>>6072819
But seriously, what happened?
>>
File: c5c.gif (1MB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
c5c.gif
1MB, 285x200px
>>6073651
I don't know, actually.

The last thing I recall about the guy was that he was giving away his sets on request but keeping the collectibles. I sent him an email asking for some, but never heard back. Months later the postman brought a pay-on-delivery package, but the charge was something ridiculous like $100. Mom rejected it and said it was someone else's, but I never did see the shipping label. This was back around 2004-2005-ish.
>>
BZPower is populated entirely by people with their heads so far up their asses that they're dangerously close to crawling out of their own mouths. The staff behave as if they're beloved celebrities and will constantly fawn over one another in the hopes the general userbase will join in. They have an exceedingly unpleasant attitude towards politics which is that all discussion is banned unless it specifically correlates with their own personal views, at which point they will turn a blind eye no matter how many users get abused and tossed aside in the process. I've seen people get chased off BZPower by rabid SJWs because they said something wrong or made a comic with a joke they didn't approve of and the mods did fuck all in response.
>>
File: 1446813750866.jpg (54KB, 932x618px) Image search: [Google]
1446813750866.jpg
54KB, 932x618px
>>6049744
Those were dark days

I prefer not to think about them
>>
BZP was the first internet community I ever joined. I was like 14 at the time. I left before I was there even a year because I got sick of how ridiculously stifling the atmosphere was. Dissenting opinions were silenced, going against the grain was punished.

The constant circlejerking inside this isolated echo chamber going on between all these people with these ridiculously bloated and gigantic egos didn't help.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.