[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Toylines that need a reboot but will never get one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3667.jpg (99KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3667.jpg
99KB, 500x233px
Pic related, so many cool designs, several which never got toys.
>>
in b4 the "in name only" Polly Pocket treatment
>>
File: jemdolls.jpg (221KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
jemdolls.jpg
221KB, 600x480px
Jem and The Holograms dolls.
>>
I always wanted to see a good toyline for Speed Racer.
>>
File: 20059199475_4fba85e18d_b.jpg (192KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20059199475_4fba85e18d_b.jpg
192KB, 1024x768px
1/12 and sculpted by Four Horsemen.
>>
>>6048761

I would've loved that line so much more if the damn things didn't fall apart as soon as I touched them.

Also in dire need of a reboot/resurgence is ExoSquad. I need Shiva dammit.
>>
>>6048787
they got a reboot(form another company because even Hasbro had no faith in bringing it back) and a movie, the brand is dead anyway, and it was shit to start with. Only SJWs care about this piece of shit anymore

>2.5 mil at box office, HA

Juts follow Super Sonico instead, at least she's sexy with big tits unlike these mosquito bite tits Motley Crue/Twisted Sister fag drag hags. And since sensitive cunt Jemanon will cry, the real Misfits were around many years before, Hasbro stole, stop defending them, you 800-pound SJW.
>>
>>6049000

What did your parents do to you?
>>
File: 607de40380a0ea910dabc615098d7690.jpg (291KB, 1296x784px) Image search: [Google]
607de40380a0ea910dabc615098d7690.jpg
291KB, 1296x784px
Never understood why this hasn't been rebooted yet
seems to feed the best of both Gi Joe and transformers.
>>
>>6049027
Too Militant. Whatever ethinicnbackground the bad guy's origin is will piss off a country because we have to give a shit about each others feelings nowadays and how we are portrayed.
>>
>>6049048
Disagree
we had how many GI Joe reboots where Cobra was reimagined? hell the last one Cobra was an American pharmaceutical company front
Also Venom (the Mask Villains) were a US controlled group with a network of evil in the world. It wouldn't be a stretch to make them solely US since half the team was US based with a few Australians and Russians. It's a lot safer to play with then half the Cobra forces were.
>>
>>6049024
Didn't let him have Jem toys probably.
>>
>>6048852
>Also in dire need of a reboot/resurgence is ExoSquad
I came in here to post this, running into a fellow exofag is always a nice surprise.

And since Ex-Squad is taken, I'll say Barnyard Commandos. Not sure how many anons even know about these, but they were basically glorified dog chew toys that were somehow super awesome.
>>
File: bravestarr.jpg (88KB, 567x700px) Image search: [Google]
bravestarr.jpg
88KB, 567x700px
>>6049000
I don't know if "Hasbro stole The Misfits" is one exceptional individual or if it's become a meme, but the real-life Misfits were and are largely unknown to normal people, like the rock version of ICP. Especially in the 80s, it's highly likely Hasbro didn't know there was a real band with that name. And why is it such a problem anyway? The Jem Misfits can just be "The Mizfits" or maybe "The Ms.Fits," if they ever get the property off the ground in a way that isn't completely embarrassing and disappointing like that piece of shit of a movie.

On-topic, I was really hopeful that Bravestarr (and maybe Thirty/Thirty and Tex Hex) would get incorporated into Masters of the Universe Classics eventually, kind of like how Hasbro put Matt Trakker in GI Joe or the occasional Gobot in Transformers. The property is too goofy and 80s to stand by itself, but it was very much a spiritual successor to MOTU and would have fit with the line perfectly. Mattel even showed that they were open to something like this since there were references to Major Matt Mason in the marketing of Captain Glenn/Queen Marlena and Fearless Photog. That's very unlikely to happen now since Super7 may not even have access to She-Ra characters and certainly not unrelated Mattel properties.
>>
>>6049264

Yeah Exo Squad guy from up above, I dug this line too. I was kinda disappointed when I saw the toon and didn't see any of the toys. I think there are precious few toy lines didn't like int he late 80s, early 90s. Those tacky stretchoid warriors and manglors were the only ones I can think of that sucked outright to my mind as a kid.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.