[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masters of the Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 19

File: unnamed.png (448KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
448KB, 800x800px
Super 7 hasn't even released anything and they're already a million times better than matty.

Actual communication and adjustments to make things more convenient? Things are looking bright.
>>
>>6045912
MotU's never really been my jam, but I've always loved Skeletor in terms of villain aesthetics. I may pick just him up.
>>
>>6045912

Who's dick do I have to suck to get them to continue the Thundercats line?
>>
>>6045925
They're trying. I remember their was an update where the head dude at Super 7 said things were looking very favorable.
>>
>>6045912
$50 marvel legends
>>
>>6045959
$35?
>>
>>6045912
Still contemplating getting faker. I want the skeletor but I'm holding out for a filmation reissue.
>>
File: khkjh.png (208KB, 1283x593px) Image search: [Google]
khkjh.png
208KB, 1283x593px
>>6045959
>>
Seems like last thread died. Since matty had their sale I picked a few figures up.

King hsss serpentine form, squeeze, battle lion, ceratus and tung lashor. I like the sake guys and want to probably get them all at some point. Are these good figures? Any other recommendations? Callix is probably on my watch list, too.
>>
>>6045980
I ordered Sssqueeze and Tung Lashor too. The Snake Men were never a high priority for me since they weren't really used in the cartoon, but they are really neat looking figures.
>>
>>6046102
I like the more beastly looking designs in the line, myself. I'm not even a fan of the cartoons or anything, but they are just nifty lookin'.
>>
>>6045914
>>6045970
You've got like 5 days.

>>6045980
I have all but Ceratus. SerpHiss is reeeeally fucking cool, and the extra transformation head looks ridiculously cool on the old original Hiss body. I was ho-hum about that figure, but now that it has the new head (and the added weapons) it's top tier. When you see the head, you'll want an old Hiss if you don't have one.

I love Squeeze, they did the gimmick really well. The colors could have benefited from at least a little shading because they are bright and gaudy as fuck, but those days of subtle shading are long gone with MOTUC. Hands are awkward, which is a big minus. It does allow for better arm and leg grabbing action, though. Pretty unique amongst MOTUC.

Battle Lion is exactly the same as Panthor and Battle Cat. If you don't have either, you'll end up liking it. They've always had a problem with the saddle not sitting right on the cat bodies due to the mid-section joint, but that's the only flaw. Looks great in a rearing-up pose.

Tung Lashor is one of those super bizarre releases that makes you appreciate the breadth of MOTU's possibilities. The feet are kind of awkward to pose with, because they're wide but completely lack even the slightest hint of pivot. I also don't like the hands too much, very hard to get weapons to stay in place.
>>
>>6046367
First ever Motuc figures, so I'm glad they are okay. Do you have any others that are really good? I want a few more eventually. Evil seed seemed cool. Some of them are really pricey, though.
>>
>>6046583
Yeah, I have roughly 60 of them. Only a few of the S+ ranked rare ones.

My favorite MOTUC figures are:
1. Moss Man
2. Mer Man
3. Trap Jaw
4. Demo Man
5. Mekaneck
6. Webstor
7. Modulok
8. Leech
9. Man-E-Faces
10. Two-Bad
>>
File: Fuck You I'm On A Lion.jpg (330KB, 805x831px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You I'm On A Lion.jpg
330KB, 805x831px
>>6046367
>Battle Lion is exactly the same as Panthor and Battle Cat. If you don't have either, you'll end up liking it.

I have all three of the cats and they are pretty neat.
>>
File: princess-grayskull.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
princess-grayskull.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>6046583

Battleground Teela is one that is pretty cheap, but she's among My favorites.
>>
>>6046886
Why isn't she topless, Tentacle-anon?
>>
File: IMG_2590[1].jpg (150KB, 649x916px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2590[1].jpg
150KB, 649x916px
>>6046966
>>
>>6046968
H-how do you get her topless?
>>
>>6046996
Through some clever persuasion, a few beers, a few bears, some drugs, or all of the above.
>>
File: IMG_2342[1].jpg (301KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2342[1].jpg
301KB, 1306x980px
>>6046996

There is a small tab that is glued shut. You can gently pull the tab out, and it remains usable enough for her to put it back on.
>>
>>6047001
>>6047003
Guess I'll have to try to get this one, too. Snake man rape scene set for future.
>>
File: IMG_2318[1].jpg (388KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2318[1].jpg
388KB, 1306x980px
>>6047016
With a little bit of wriggling, you can get the back neckpiece of the classic Teela body over the neck ball joint, too (Evil-Lyn is the same mold, just different colors and head, as Teela), to bare her boobs.
>>
>>6045963
>>6045973
Until you ship them. Super7's shipping is another $12 plus $4 for ech additional figure. It'd astounding that people poorfagged about $22+$10=$32 for Matty but are bending over backwards to pay $47 now.
>>
>>6047029
Oh my... how expensive are the two females?

Also I really regret not grabbing a scarabus when I could.
>>
how come whenever I go to a convention I see older Neca products on discount?
>>
>>6047483
I found all these toys down the road at bit lots years ago. And they cost 10 $ each. :^)
>>
>>6047442
You do have a point. I originally bought these from Matty @ $20 + $8 shipping and now they're $35 before shipping and come with accessories I don't need.
People bitched up and down about the price back then and now they're treating Super7's reissues like a bargain.

If they each had alt hands/heads plus weapons it'd be cool, but realistically some of these figures are already out there in fairly large numbers (this is Skeletor's umpteenth reissue) so S7 is just capitalizing on scalper's unwillingness to lower their rape prices on Teela and Rammy.
>>
Any word if these have ankle rockers?
>>
>>6047514
It's hardly scalping when people had ample opportunity to sign up. Hell, I got called a scalper for trying to unload 3/4 of a 2012 subscription at cost.

This rush to overpay for HeMan and Skeletor is crazy. Despite that, there will certainly be people who drag their feet, again, and try to play the victim card 6 months from now.
>>
I didnt hear about the classics till far too late so decided against collecting them. I decided after seeing these to purchase all of them, then had a look at mattel shop and matty collector sales and after purchasing around 20 figures im now balls deep...I only want to collect the figures from the original toyline but this collecting business is a slippery slope. Are super 7 likely to rerelease other figures or just continue with what matty was doing?
>>
>>6047953
>Hell, I got called a scalper for trying to unload 3/4 of a 2012 subscription at cost.

What kind of idiot calls someone who sells at cost a scalper?
>>
File: DSCN0068[1].jpg (406KB, 1477x665px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0068[1].jpg
406KB, 1477x665px
>>6048753

They really are fun toys. In fact, a bunch of the lesser ones you can get cheap are especially fun.

...if only Horde Troopers were available cheap.
>>
>>6048756
/toy/
>>
Anyway, I'm looking forward to a few more Filmation figures next year. Outside of that, I want a 200X Teela. Then I'm done with MOTU forever.
>>
>>6045973
>No Filmation head
>Splitting the sword in half counts as two separate accessories

The jewering is real.
>>
>>6049827
>>Splitting the sword in half counts as two separate accessories

It was good enough for the vintage line...
>>
>>6049827
He comes with three swords: Mini comic, classic, and split classic. You know, to put with Skeletor's split classic sword.

Also, the Filmation head wouldn't even make sense to come with this figure. This is the Classics line, that was the Filmation line. They're two separate lines. Classics have a more realistic or comic book look, while Filmation has a very blatant simplified and animated look.
>>
>>6049981
No mini-comic. It's just on the cardback for MOC appearances sake since the whole package is reminiscent of the vintage line.
>>
File: griffin.png (64KB, 782x181px) Image search: [Google]
griffin.png
64KB, 782x181px
After getting battle lion from matty's sale, along with some of their other figures I really like this line. Saw this guy and found a decently priced (I think) one for sale. Did I do good? How is this guy compared to the others?
>>
>>6053662
Izdawiz?
>>
Do I have to pay when I preorder?
>>
>>6053664
I don't have one, but all indications are he's cool as hell. He reuses a lot of tooling from the cats, but they tweaked him so he looks pretty distinctive. A great example of the Horsemen cobbling together something unique and original while working within the budget restrictions of the line. Also, his wingspan is like 18 inches so make sure you have plenty of space.

And yeah, retail would have been around $40 so that looks like a good price. I'm not sure what the demand on him is like but I can't imagine you could do much better.
>>
>>6053664
I love the griffin. Really clever parts reuse, and very distinctive. If it had two sections to each wing instead of just one it would have been god tier, but as-is it's just as good as the other big animals from MOTUC. I can't remember which joint it was, but I do recall that I had to blast it a little with a hairdryer to make everything function right. Just a head's up.
>>
Why can't we all just be friends?
>>
>>6054177
because you don't buy the same toys as me!
>>
When is snake mountain?
>>
>>6060616
A few years down the line, if MOTUC survives. No way Super7 is going to even humor the idea of finalizing pricey molds for a $350 god tier playset without an absolute proven lock on the old collectors.
>>
>>6060616
Fucking hell the only way I'm buying figures is if I have a crazy fuckhuge volcano mountain to put them in
>>
>>6061030

I wonder how much of the old stuff as a homage will be in this new one. There is no way their putting a micro phone in it. That would probably up the price to ungodly levels.

I hope the molded throne of Skeletor is kept. I don't know where the hell it would go on the playset but I want one.
>>
>>6047029
I would plotz if they actually had sculpted nipples under there.
>>
>>6060616
>>6061030
Brian already talked about making it a preorder or Kickstarter type of deal. Basically, it's not being made unless x-number of units are guaranteed sold.
It won't be for a while of course, as they need so nail down the new line first.
>>
Well, I went a little overboard with the figures but I currently have :Count marzo, Tung Lashor, Squeeze, serpentine king hiss, battle lion, ceratus and just got mossman in the mail today. I really like these guys. Most of the bodies are similar but the addons they do make them seem a lot different. Anyone have some recommendations for other good ones?
>>
>>6062676
You NEED Trap Jaw, He-Man, and Skeletor. Not the lame filmation ones, either. And I hope you got some of the Ultimate releases... right? If not, hope and pray that S7 has overstock.

As for top purchases, get Two Bad, Demo Man, Mer-Man, BG Teela, BG Evil-Lyn, Mekaneck, Tri-Klops, Man-E-Faces, Fang Man, Mantenna, SDCC Hordak, Webstor, and Modulok. Those are priority and will not disappoint. Maybe also King Greyskull, since you have Battle Lion. But I would say if you can't get some of the rarer ones below like $50, then wait to see if Super7 will make a re-release.

Low priority but still excellent figures would be Draego-Man, Callix, Rokkon/Stonedar, Optikk, any and all snakemen, Multi-Bot, Eternian Palace Guards (maybe 2 packs, because you get 4 heads), Mosquitor, Griffin, and Castle Greyskullman.

Biggest dark horse surprises for being great figures are Plundor, Extendar, Icer, Sy-Klone, and Huntara. Get 'em, they're good and inexpensive.

It's almost a given that we'll see Fisto, Man-at-arms, Battle Cat, Panthor, Horde Troopers, and the top cronies of Skeletor at some point from S7 if the line survives, so don't bother unless you see them for a steal.. They'll probably also have an AE He-Man with the same recolored heads as the Ultimate one had. That seems like such an obvious Ultimate to do.
>>
>>6062710
I'm not super into the more human characters, at the moment. I love the monster guys so my plan is to get as many of them as I can. I like the heman that comes with the 2000x king hiss guy, so I might try to get that at some point.

I wasn't able to preorder any of the super7 figures, but really didn't care for them all too much for the reason listed above. Your list has a lot of cool figures from what I see so I'll definitely keep many of them in mind.
>>
>>6062859
>I'm not super into the more human characters, at the moment
I was the same way. But then I got Adora for $10 at Big Lots, then I dabbled in Battleground Teela, and then before I knew it I was freebasing Filmation Randor and loving every moment.
>>
>Be me
>Finally got interested in m.o.t.u classics
>See the ultimates
>Think this would be the perfect way to get into this line
>Pre order already ended

Is there any way to get this set other than the pre-oder? Will super7 hold some stock?
>>
>>6064910
You should be able to buy on ebay once they are released at 3 times cost...
>>
>>6064910
I'll bet that a lot of people will be selling their old figures once they get these new ones. People are just getting them for the accessories and packaging.
>>
>>6064910
You wish jellyfish
>>
Does Clawful go up for sale on the 15th? Mattycollector still hasn't updated with new listings for the sale, so, I'm just kind of left wondering.
>>
>>6066835
Ye, no thanks.
>>6066897
>>6068592

The reason I got interrsted in this line is because of the fact that I'm a completionist when it comes to lines. It would save a lot of money and shelf space if it was onlu the ultimates instead fo the classics...
>>
Anyone got their shipping refund yet?
>>
So I just remembered that today was supposed to be Matty's last monthly sale. They're still advertising the sale for November.

I know they're just about to turn out the lights but god damn.
>>
>>6073439
Is that why there are no figures listed on mattels shop site? I wanted to grab one or two this payday...
>>
>>6073439
http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2016/12/15/1219-releases-announced-thundercats-motu-plus-vault-blowout-sale/
Sale is on Monday the 19th broseph.
>>
>>6073879
Does vault blowout mean we will get anything different to the last sales they have just had?
>>
>>6075220
Just some of the collector's choice 2016 figures will be cheaper this time around. That's General Sunder, Crita, Night Stalker, Vultak, Masque, Despara, and Darius. If they pop in other stuff, we won't know till then. Just like how Oo-Larr was added in late during the last sale.
>>
File: Dec2016_products_600px.jpg (61KB, 600x310px) Image search: [Google]
Dec2016_products_600px.jpg
61KB, 600x310px
>>6073879
Damn, I've been out of the loop. I might go hard for that Skelkon w/Roton, and Clawful.
>>
>>6073879
Mattel can fuck right off with that $125 Roton.
>>
>>6075284
Wasn't the Wind Raider $50? Roton doesn't look much bigger than that. It shouldn't be any more than $80 with the pilot included.
>>
>>6075268
I just want the skelecon. Anyone here getting the ship and don't care about the figure?
>>
>>6075518
Probably smaller production run, plus everything is more expensive now cause Mattel says so.
I might buy one but I fully expect it to be discounted in the future.
>>
>>6075528
I would bet that Super7 releases a two-pack, or at the very least a single release. They'd be fools not to.
>>
>>6075518
The Talon Fighter with Point Dread set was $125 and that thing is massive. $125 for the Roton is fucking stupid, but people are just falling over themselves to pay it instead of telling Mattel to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>6075253
So no anti eternia heman, or filmation skeletor or heman?
>>
I pre-ordered ultimate He-man, Skeletor and Teela from bbts. Hopefully they have some backordered for late comers like me.

Hoping to get to motu through super 7 if they continue with releases. I've oogled at these classics for so long but just haven't gotten into them yet.
>>
>>6075993
There might be a few of those that go up from left over customer service stock so don't expect much if they do put some up.
>>
>>6076225
Is it best to be on there as soon as the sale starts then?
>>
File: matty-nov-16-677x381.jpg (45KB, 677x381px) Image search: [Google]
matty-nov-16-677x381.jpg
45KB, 677x381px
>>6078242
It's best to log in 15 minutes prior to the sale. Like, actually sign in so the checkout process goes as smooth as possible.

God, what did they do to Tuskador!? The original looks better than this.
>>
>>6078578
So I'm guessing Mumm-Ra won't be a part of the sale?
>>
What the fuck? Why can't I add clawful to my cart? It says add to cart, fuck.
>>
If you need him anti eternia he-man is in stock at mattycollector right now. I grabbed one.
>>
>>6046882
>>6046886

So while always being aware of he-man and the Motu franchise, and even being a fan of the original and 20XX remake, I never did bother to get any of the MotuC figures.

But with Matty's current clearance sale, I finally took the plunge and grabbed both the Lion and BG Teela, as well as a weapons pack. Was hoping for a weapon rack but they were sold out long before I had a chance at them.

So, what am I in for? I hear the Battle Lion is great, but is Teela as good as she looks? And are there any more stand-outs left in stock worth grabbing? It seems mostly to be She-Ra and Space He-Man stuff and I'm not exactly fond of those eras of character designs.
>>
>>6079826
I just recently got into the figures too. I have battle lion and he's really neat. A big green lion with removable armor. I have a few of the snake guys so they are pretty neat, especially Serpentine king hiss. He's 12.50 and a big mass of bendy snakes on some legs. Pretty neat. Ceratus is a pretty cool orcish dino looking guy with a really cool tail, if you're into that. Most of the figures are the same articulation wise, just get a few that look cool to you.

Multibot is essentially 2 figures for the price of 1, and can come apart almost completely to make different combinations of things. They can also be put together to form different things, as well.
>>
I snagged 3 anti eternia he-men, now to find someone to trade for filmation skeletor...
>>
>>6079745
>>6079960

Fuck I forgot all about AE He-Man. He was really the only figure I wanted this year outside of the Eternia club.

I really don't have the money to spend on toys right now anyway. Hopefully it won't be too much above $50 in the aftermarket.
>>
>>6078578
That's a bad photo of Tuskador. People on He-man.org are posting their in-hand photos and he looks metal as shit! The Horsemen always knock it clean out of the park when it comes to the New Adventures characters.
>>
Can someone explain the state of motuc to a complete newbie?

Ive read rumours about the line being killed after 2016. Is this true?

If yes, will super7 be taking over completely when it comes to motuc?

I'm interested in the line but would love to understand it better before buing anything.
>>
>>6081083
MOTUC with Matty is over as of the end the year.

Super7 will be picking up the pieces and starting new in 2017. It will still be a collab with the Four Horsemen group. They will be starting with 5 repacks of popular characters (He-Man, Skeletor, Fakor, Teela, and Ram Man). Super7 has said they have plans beyond that, but at this time we don't know more.
>>
>>6081207
Thanks mate!
So seems like a perfect place to hop in on this.
>>
>>6079740

I got into the sale the second it opened. Fucking Digital River wouldn't let me check out. "Authorization failed" on my usual card and account. So of course I lost all the good shit I had in my cart.

Said fuck it, gave up, tried again later in the day, still bricked. Created a brand new account with the EXACT same details and my order went through.

Fucking Digital River.
>>
To anyone who collects these guys, what are the best figures to grab from the sale? I'd like to get a few more of them but not sure which. So far Strong Arm catches my eye, though.
>>
>>6081207
I can let you know for sure that Mer-Man is happening for sure

t. Know a Super7 store manager
>>
>>6082412
Any others?
>>
>>6081234
Well no, the perfect time to hop on would've been in November when Super7 still had preorders open for those popular characters. Now you'll just have to look at ordering from stores who have made orders from Super7.

Or hope than they produce more than what has been ordered.
>>
>>6082412

Hey that's pretty great if so.
>>
>>6086350
I ordered from bbts, hopefully I get the whole wave. And will be getting all future waves if these prove worth it.
>>
>>6086454
And by worth it I mean fun to play and take pics of. Never had motuc figures before. I've always tought they look really cool and stylized, but I can never know truly before I've hold them myself.
>>
Motu make the best hot glues
>>
>>6090628
All that hot glue dripping down that muscular, blue perfection skeletor has for a body... mmmm.
>>
When should we expect preorders to arrive?
>>
>>6091593
Feb or March.
>>
>>6091967
Hahaha! Really? So Super7's motuc abilities won't even be verified until 1/4 through the year, presumably after a few more pre-orders have been sold. Damn.
>>
>>6092729
Why do you act so suprised? The "date" has been Q1 for quite some time.

It's not like were in a hurry.
>>
So how often do you guys hope super7 to release new waves?

For me twice a year would hit that collecting sweet spot.
>>
>>6092745
I thought it would be in January so we'd get a release per month.
>>
>>6093313
Ye, theyre not gonna work like that. With made to order strategy, except 3 to 5 figures to be made available for preorder at once every 6 months, and then wait another 6 months to actually get the ordered figures done and delivered.
>>
>>6048775
Woah, you make the assumption that everyone is from North America and pays the same shipping, then throw a conniption fit when you're wrong. Makes sense.
>>
File: IMG_2284[1].jpg (297KB, 1138x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2284[1].jpg
297KB, 1138x639px
Bump
>>
>>6096002
hoo boy I'm glad I bought battlegrounds teela during the sale and bought that tentacle monster thing from prometheus when it was clearanced out.
>>
File: IMG_2749[1].jpg (325KB, 1292x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2749[1].jpg
325KB, 1292x729px
>>6097249
I know that feel.

Unfortunately most of My MOTUC is in storage at the moment.
>>
>>6097265
Wait, are you army building prometheus tentacle monsters? That's awesome!
>>
>>6097614
Not that guy, but I also have a few of those. They got clearanced out near me for about $7 each
>>
RIP Mattycollector.com!

Now to wait for someone to get the 5000 unsold Rotons and sell them for a fair price, not the retarded $125.
>>
>Super 7 will only make their line to order
>not just making stock to keep some on hand for normal customers

Fuck that. That's little better than Matty's scheduled sales. If I missed the preorder window I have to go through BBTS or other scalpers? Fuck you, Super 7. May as well have kept the brand at Matty.
>>
>>6103667
This is what most people have wanted for a while now. If you miss the preorder window you're the idiot.
The alternative is trying to buy the item during the 5 minutes it's available before it sells out.
>>
>>6103458
>5000
This is exactly why made-to-order makes so much sense. Imagine how much space that takes up in the warehouse.
With M2O they'd be gone already.
>>
>>6103667
Why would you miss the window? Pay attention to the things you care about.
>>
>>6103819
Even M2O the $125 price point was ludicrous. $80-90 I would have bought it, but at $125 when the fucking Talon Fighter and Point Dread was that much is just insane.
>>
>>6103667
Miss a preorder window that's open for six weeks? C'mon.
>>
File: vintagemotu_bat_full.jpg (897KB, 1500x853px) Image search: [Google]
vintagemotu_bat_full.jpg
897KB, 1500x853px
>>6104688
Agreed, but if m2o'd @ $120 there wouldn't be leftovers except via scalpers on ebay. Although with fewer made one would think that the production costs would go up.
I'm definitely skeptical of the price point and can only assume it's an effort to make up for a planned non-sellthrough.
Hopefully it's the final Mattyism this line sees.
>>
>>6106585
I'd like to see more toy lines move to preorders only. It's tiring to have to keep subsidizing poorfags that think they can just drag their feet for 3 years and get everything 90% off because they were "patient."
>>
>>6105803
Looks like something Remco would've released
>>
>>6106585
Mattel produced figures in large quantities and then declared them "sold out" well before they actually sold out in order to generate an artificial scarcity, create a scalper's market, and push people (and resellers) into buying subscriptions of hundreds of dollars figures sight-unseen in order to subsidize the line.

Super 7 is making figures in small made-to-order batches because they're a tiny company that can't afford a massive warehouse and, in this case, because these figures already exist, which limits the market pool.

If you don't want to pay the reseller markup all you need to do is pay attention and pre-order. If you don't have the money in your bank account during the window then use a credit card and pay it off. If you don't have the money on-hand AND you're incapable of handling the financial responsibility of a credit card then you shouldn't be spending money on the internet to begin with.
>>
File: Bjq41h_IEAAggsb.jpg (93KB, 597x575px) Image search: [Google]
Bjq41h_IEAAggsb.jpg
93KB, 597x575px
>>6045912
So how does this work. Doesn't Mattel own He-Man as they do Barbie?

Did Mattel just give up on the line, and license it to some other company ?
Did they feel like they had squeezed every last drop out of the MOTU line or were sales poor enough for them to hand it over to a lesser toy company?
>>
>>6107301

Mattel still owns the rights. I'm not sure that they ever actually explained why but Mattel decided to shut internal production and MattyCollector and contract Super7 to take over.
>>
>>6107301
They gave up on the line and licensed it. It's like Hasbro and their Jem dolls. It would have been impossible to think a few years ago but it goes to show what a sorry state both Mattel and the industry are in and likely means they've given up on the movie happening. Mattel (and Hasbro to be fair) own a ton of IPs and have no idea how to actually make money off of them as a toy company anymore. Without a blockbuster film retailers won't purchase enough to create margins wide enough to justify overhead costs in the eyes of their corporate bean-counters and shareholders.
>>
File: image_512.jpg (253KB, 798x1074px) Image search: [Google]
image_512.jpg
253KB, 798x1074px
As this line winds down I wonder what the heck really happened to that "TOY MASTERS - A MOTU Documentary" that was announced around 2014. The trailer hit Youtube, everyone was hyped since they had interviewed different old 80s Mattel employees all claiming that they were the ones responsible for the creation of He-man.
I checked their facebook recently, and they had the following to say
>image very related.

In my opinion they just fucked around, and waited way to long to release it. They needed to strike while the iron was hot, and people were still hyped about collecting MOTU figures. I could be wrong but I think this classics line pop up around 2009, and it's prime years were 2010 - 2014. They claim they are going to offer it for free someday, but with the recent removal of the original 2014 Youtube trailer I kinda doubt that now.
>>
>>6107637

I think the straw that broke the camel's back is Disney. Mattel lost the princess license to Hasbro because of their arrogance and it makes up a HUGE portion of their annual profits. After that happened corporate Mattel went batshit crazy, firing people and restructuring in a knee-jerk Oh-Shit-what-do reaction. MOTUC is a tiny side project that basically had funding removed.
>>
>>6106585
>Fuck you. Run a store, not a scalper market, faggots. They can make enough to go around, not only sell to "if you preordered and no one else"

Okay, so the reason that Mattel stopped doing this is because they were blowing money on production and not selling all of their stock.

The next company to sell the things decides to only make the quantity requested, and this makes them scalpers?

This does not make any sense. If anything this makes scalping harder, since you need to pre-order the product first and wait for it, instead of just spamming the cart when it gets released.
>>
>>6108779
>Mattel lost the princess license to Hasbro because of their arrogance

How did they fuck up that badly?
>>
>>6108724
In spite of the claim I can grantee you it was a royalties and control issue. Even big companies can't avoid it. Example: when Hasbro did the 20th anniversary of Transformers brand back in 2003 they got interviews with the comic writers of the Marvel run and they had to have them dance around both the comic publishers as well as the stories. Bob Budiansky when talking about "The Smelting Pool!" had to just refer to it as his "Cybertron story" He was apparently was very annoyed at the issue and was stuck having to do "retakes" because he say or mention something that would go back to Marvel and apparently at that time Hasbro didn't want to mess with the paperwork to get the ok for it.
This was from a multi billion dollar company. I feel the creators of the documentary were likely hit with nightmare paperwork and were basically told :" you sell this, we get a cut" and might have soured the whole work team because that shit can take years to work out even with two big companies
>>
>>6111261
Most toy companies didn't handle the declining toy market of the last decade all that well. Mattel is a very old man business company meaning change of formula in their addled minds is a pure horrifying nightmare that will bankrupt them when the reality is there maddening trenched in the ground attitude of money and fame first is slowing killing them. Meanwhile Hasbro has been capitalizing on their failures and has aggressively pushed brands out that sell well and have a system of experimentation that have mix results but after 5 years of it, has been getting them steady markets and helping them get the profit share that was closer to their the 90s shares. Meanwhile Mattel is basically hugging Barbie and Hot Wheels while yelling at people to grab movie licenses way before they come out like Ghostbusters, and Jurassic World 2 which the latter is absolutely stupid of them because Hasbro drop the license because Comcast Corp.’s wanted them to glut the market with toys even though they weren't selling and were hurting the Hasbro sales reports. Yet Mattel in all their wisdom think it's genius move to grab a license that basically is putting a gun to their head and demanding they make the same T-rex 9 times over in all sizes.
>>
Will super 7 likely remake filmation skeletor and heman? I really want them but dont want to drop heaps of cash on them and then they get rereleased...
>>
>>6115467
Since super seven started their motuc line with a box of remakes, the filmation line will likely start the same way... first wave being remakes of figures already made with maybe more accessories.

But that's only my guess though.
>>
>>6110871
/toy/'s definition of "scalper" is retarded. /toy/ is poor, sellers want money, ergo all sellers are scalpers. Can you imagine these neets at a grocery store?

>a loaf of bread is $1
>full blown Chris Chan dank dirty scalpers don't call anybody tantrum ensues
>>
>>6106585
Do you wanna buy an anti eternia heman for $200, I have 11 spare ;)
>>
File: Street-Fighter-II-MUSCLE-Figures.jpg (199KB, 1103x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Street-Fighter-II-MUSCLE-Figures.jpg
199KB, 1103x1103px
>>
>>6111261

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-disney-princess-hasbro/
>>
By the power of the greyskull
>>
I have all of the power
>>
>>6048757
Who are these armored grey guys, and where can I buy them? I'm not really into MOTUC but these look like nice solid figures and I dig the designs.
>>
>>6123250

Horde Troopers.
>>
File: DSCN0015[1].jpg (586KB, 2001x673px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0015[1].jpg
586KB, 2001x673px
>>6123250
Horde troopers, the stormtrooper like minions of the Horde Empire from She-Ra. They were released as a two-pack and sold out way too fucking fast. Good luck, they easily got for over 100 bucks now. We've been wanting them to get reissued forever now because they are the ultimate grunts and are awesome toys, but Matty being fucking Matty, sucked ass and never did.

If we're lucky, and since Super7 knows how much we wanted more Horde troopers, they will probably try and get more of them made.

...I don't even want to remember how much I spent just to get 4.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170112-132841.jpg (208KB, 1364x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170112-132841.jpg
208KB, 1364x1077px
>>6123264
>Horde Troopers
Seriously, releasing more of them would be like printing money. Although I'd prefer a new sculpt as they look too 200X-ish to me.
>>
>>6123722
how long does it usually take Mattycollector to actually ship stuff out? I placed an order weeks ago when they had their half off house cleaning sale and the order still says it's "processing"
>>
>>6123783

Mine arrived already. Placed the order a day or 2 into their sale.

You might want to check. The last time they delayed my order for one of their sales, half of it ended up cancelled because they oversold stock. So they just held my order until they gave up rummaging thru their warehouse and said fuck this we can't fill it, sucks to be you.
>>
>>6123783
That's not a Matty shipment anyway, it's super7.
But Matty is notorious for selling items that aren't actually in stock yet, so they may have processed some orders while waiting for more stock to arrive.

With matty/digital river closing I wouldn't be surprised if they rip a bunch of people off with this final sale.
>>
>>6124378
>>6124396

...a day after I asked this I got an email saying they shipped one of my items, cancelled a second and the third is still sitting in limbo most likely waiting to be cancelled.

Sadly, the one item that has shipped, a crappy weapon set, I only bought to go along with the other two things I wanted, a Battleground Teela and Battle Lion. The Lion was cancelled and Teela is still pending...so probably not going to ship.

If I'd had know how crappy their service was to start I wouldn't have bothered in the first place. The Weapon set alone is not worth the price + shipping seeing as half the weapons are utterly useless to me.
>>
>>6127967
That sux.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.