[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just wow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 32

File: review_3zdredd_10.jpg (218KB, 800x968px) Image search: [Google]
review_3zdredd_10.jpg
218KB, 800x968px
just wow
>>
I can just tell that this thread will end well؟
>>
>>6044359
What figure is that on the right? It looks really good.
>>
>>6044389

3A's Dredd, they both look goofy honestly.
>>
>>6044399
For what it's worth, the body creases and the zipper on the right looks pretty damn spot-on though, especially at 6" scale. I almost thought it was 12" until I recognized the Mezco figure on the left.
>>
>>6044402

It's all good anon, just voicing my opinion. I have some 3A figures and the clothes on them are all really nice. They've been making stuff like that since they started and Mezco just is getting into it, so the 3A Dredd suit is a lot better fitting.
>>
The clothe on Mezco's looks ridiculous, it looks like a onesie.
Not only it's a flat piece with no creases, just look at the crotch area, there are no words.
The sculpts are decent, they should realize this gimmick is holding them back.
>>
>>6044416
Couldn't agree more. Mezco seems to have some talent when it comes to sculpting but they really should give up on the whole fabric costumes gimmick.

It just doesn't look good.
>>
>>6044359
>5'11" vs 6'
>>
>>6044444
Seeing who got this post. This thread is shit anyway.
>>
>>6044359
I have 3A's Death. It's an okay figure but if Dredd's joint system is the same as Death's then I will absolutely skip Dredd without any feelings of remorse. The joints they have are smooth shafted, meaning they just slide right the fuck out of the peg hole. It's idiotic, my Death's shoulders and hips fly right out.

I'm still getting the other Dark Judges, though. Fuck it, how often does good Dredd merch come about? Might even get their Lawmaster.
>>
>>6044359
Wow, 3A's blows Mezco's the fuck out.
>>
>>6044554
I have Death and I've never had any problems with any of the joints. I fucking hate how limited the hips are on the Mezco Dredd, though. I was so excited for that figure to come out, and while I still think it's pretty good the limited hips really bummed me out. I may pick up the 3A now just for the hell of it.
>>
>>6044431
>>6044416
uh, you guys know that you can put creases anywhere you want, because they're made of cloth, right?

You guys act like they're statues.
>>
>>6044554
>>6044565
I've had Judge Fear pre-ordered for absolute yonks now and every month since September when it was supposed to come out they've just kept pushing the release date back and back.

Is that thing ever going to come out?
>>
>>6044567
>you can put creases anywhere you want, because they're made of cloth, right?
Please tell me you're not serious.
>>
>>6044359
Is it possible to swap all the sculpted plastic parts from the Mezco onto the 3A? That would probably result in best figure
>>
>>6044565
I've only seen 2 other people with the same problem as mine, so out of thousands of units produced I accept that I got a dud. Still left a sour taste, and basically only the need for the characters is what's driving me to take a risk on the Dark Judges. Dredd I can live without, since the Mezco is 90% as good aesthetically. 3A Lawmaster looks to be a thing of beauty, so I can rationalize having both company's versions.

>>6044577
Been wondering the same thing.

>>6044582
It feels like my Death's elbow pads are glued onto the cloth, so Dredd is probably the same..
>>
Wait, I just read the MWC review of 3A Dredd:

>If I have one complaint, it's with the wrists. These are simple ball joints, not rotating hinge joints. That means there's just a post that goes into the arm with a solid ball on the end, and the hand pops onto the ball. This allows for plenty of movement - don't get me wrong. In fact, I prefer this configuration to the more standard rotating hinge that we see in 1/6th figures because a) the ball is better hidden by the hand and b) the hand usually has smoother movement in all directions.

>The problem here is that the post going into the arm pops out with much less force than the hand pops off the ball. When you swap hands, the ball/post will come off with the hand, and you'll need to carefully (I used my teeth) hold the post and apply enough force to remove the hand. I pushed the post back on the arm, then put the new hand in place. It was a little dicey, and I was nervous about damaging the posts.

This is exactly the problem I have with my Death's shoulders and hips, except it doesn't need swapping for it to happen just rotation. So yeah, very easy pass seeing as how it annoys the piss out of me every time I move Death.
>>
>>6044590
That's a shame about your Judge Death. I was really on the fence about ordering him just because of my general feelings towards 3A, but I really like him. I actually cancelled my Judge Fear pre-order after waiting for what felt like forever.

I'm a fan of 3A's Lawmaster, too, but I don't know if I can justify the cost. I didn't get Mezco's, though, so it might be time to grab one.
>>
>>6044582
Why would you ruin 3A's Dredd by doing that? It's already perfect classic Dredd.
>>
>>6044359
Remember when everyone thought the 3A was shit?...I regret it cuz it looks better then the Mezco
>>
>>6044741

Except the squashed cabbage patch kid head.
>>
>>6044782

> looks, looks, looks!

This board is so shallow, there is much more than aesthetic that governs how good a figure is.

Are the joints shit? Is the outfit crinkly shit like Death's? How is the QC? All of these things need an answer.
>>
>>6044790
You are right that all factors are important to judge something, but I disagree that "there's so much more". The aesthetic is the main factor. If something doesn't look good I won't buy it, and most of the market won't either.
>>
>>6044796

In that case Hot-Toys must be the best toys ever, despite the usually shit poseability.
>>
>>6044799
Well, yes, if I'm looking for detail and master execution I will go to 1/6. Not even a question.
All the qualities overwhelms the "shit" poseability. Which I don't even consider shit, just "ok".
>>
>>6044812

To each his own, but they just seem like fancy staction-figures to me. You can't even give them a moderately dynamic pose without worrying about damage over time.
>>
File: IMG_20161129_232618.jpg (1MB, 2048x2730px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_232618.jpg
1MB, 2048x2730px
Was actually going to pick up the mezco at a lcs. Looked at reviews beforehand steered me not to get it. I'll wait till 3As comes out. I'll keep fiddling with my old toybiz until then.
>>
>>6044359
I prefer the Mezco.
Why did 3A even bother making a figure like this that already exits? They could have made a character that doesn't yet exist but they remade Dredd in the same style AZ Mezcos, cause he's sooooo popular.
>>
>>6044892
i love the toy biz one

the 3a looks better than the mezco, though the mezco poncho version is a good price with all the accessories. but 3a material just looks nicer and less doll, more "real"

still considering the price and putting all 3 next to each other, toy biz is fine.

i payed like 15 bucks for it at wall-mart.
>>
File: bisley dredd.png (566KB, 482x750px) Image search: [Google]
bisley dredd.png
566KB, 482x750px
>>6045078
>more "real"
Toy Biz Dredd best
Mezco second.
>>
>>6044359
>Pleather
Yeah 'cause THAT'S not going to decay and turn into shredded flakes over time or anything.

I'll wait to see if Kaiyodo do a Dredd in their AmeComi Revoltech line.
>>
File: IMG_5042.jpg (387KB, 941x1530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5042.jpg
387KB, 941x1530px
>>6044359
3A vastly improved on that Gumby-looking lanklet prototype they were showing off. If they hadn't announced a way better-looking 1/6 Dredd I'd pick up their version.

As it stands, I still think Mezco's black-and-white Dredd is the best 6" version to date.
>>
>>6045092
I'm seriously considering buying a second Mezco Cursed Earth Dredd and a regular Dredd and kitbashing them into a Bisley Dredd.
>>
>>6045366
Yeah this one looks good
>>
File: images (7).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>6044359
>>
File: IMG_5061.jpg (459KB, 1111x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5061.jpg
459KB, 1111x1600px
>>6045411
He has a couple of features that 3A's effort is going to have a hard time beating.
>>
File: IMG_5064.jpg (442KB, 968x1588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5064.jpg
442KB, 968x1588px
>>6045961
>>
Both are shit.

Companies need to fucking realize that using flexible and/or cloth materials are shit.
>>
>>6045971
t. peon
>>
>>6044359
modding one of these into a captain falcon would be rad
>>
>>6044359
3a dredd makes the mezco one look so akward
>dem Trump hands
kek
>>
>>6047749
>Makin fun of a Judge's tiny hands? That's 2 months in the cubes, creep.
>>
File: 1480462945415.jpg (521KB, 800x968px) Image search: [Google]
1480462945415.jpg
521KB, 800x968px
>>6044359
>>
>>6047761
I dunno, I know they're going for a Cam Kennedy/Mike McMahon aesthetic but honestly I'd say ThreeA's has gorilla mitts.
>>
>>6047780
Was my thought too coming into the thread seeing the thumbnail.
>>
File: judge dredd vs fun.png (211KB, 694x642px) Image search: [Google]
judge dredd vs fun.png
211KB, 694x642px
>>6045961
>>6045966
>sexualizing a Judge
>>
File: review_3zdredd_5.jpg (94KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
review_3zdredd_5.jpg
94KB, 500x706px
I love a good Dredd scowl as much as the next guy, but this is a bit extreme.
>>
File: IMG_9116.jpg (62KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9116.jpg
62KB, 630x420px
>>6049176
The face they cooked up for their forthcoming 1/6 version is way better. They dropped the ball somewhat with the 1/12.
>>
I love Mezco, but it really shows how 3A has more experience with fabric and clothing.

Better sculpted parts too.
>>
>>6044416
> it looks like a onesie.
Then it's pretty accurate to the comic because that's what they wear
>>
>>6049232

Except the head.
>>
File: IMG_9119.jpg (453KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9119.jpg
453KB, 690x960px
>>6049263
This, it's armour-plated fetishwear.
>>
>>6049303
Nah I like the gramps mug better too since its Classic Dredd

Mezcos modern Dredd mug is cool but you really see the ugly proportions in comparison to 3As
>>
File: living dead dolls series 24.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
living dead dolls series 24.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
>>6049232
Mezco actually has more experience, since they've been making dolls since probably the 90s.
Mezco probably has the better cloth material because of that.
>>
>>6050293
Yeah, I agree. It's a weird DIYD/DIYD situation. Mezco has way better materials, 3A has way better tailoring. Mezco has better joint types, 3A has better proportions. Mezco perfectly depicts a modern Dredd thanks to direct artist input, 3A perfectly depicts a classic Dredd thanks to direct artist input.

Personally: Fuck it, I'll get them all. A real Dredd fan would drink up everything because of how long the droughts are in between worthwhile products. I love new styling just as much as new styling, the company wars bullshit is something I have zero interest in.

I'm waiting to see if 3A's Lawmaster has any major faults, but I doubt it will.
>>
>>6050341
>I love new styling just as much as *old styling
Whoops
>>
>>6050293
Oh that's right, but for some reason they don't have the better cloth material, for one, they are not good at all at picking the scale of the material, then compare their "leather", although from time to time 3A fucks up and puts rubber on their figures, not yet in 1/12 though, then, despite their experience, they're terrible when it comes to tailoring and micro-stitching, 3A micro-stitching is actual micro-stitching. Compare a Mezco trench coat with a 3A trench coat.

Although, if Mezco provided the sculpt for a Superman, and 3A did the clothing, I'd die a happy man.

>>6050341
What do you mean better materials and better joint types? Have you seen the articulations of a 3A base body?

Mezco does use chunkier plastic than 3A on their ONE:12, so I suppose that's a good thing.
>>
>>6050417
I'd point out a lot of things about 3a's figures, but I'm in a hurry and all i can say is that 3a's cloths is stiffer and bulkier than Mezco's.
3a tries to combat that with using thinner material, so their clothes doesn't fill me with confidence. Whereas Mezco's has more stretch to it to conform to the body better and feels more durable for it.
That "pleather" look on the Mezco is just the criss crossing of thread reinforcement and in person the texture just looks grainy like the Spiderman 3 costume.
>>
>>6050417
ThreeA have exactly one base body for their 1/12 figures, and it's a fairly wobbly half-scale knockoff of a Hot Toys Truetype. The joint tolerances and especially the wrists and ankles on all of mine do not exactly fill me with confidence.

>>6050469
Mezco's Dredd uses some kind of synthetic leather - except it's actually very thin, pliant and stretchy. I actually agree with you that they seem to be choosing way more interesting and suitable materials than ThreeA, but they need to make some advances in tailoring at this scale.

Then again the Trek figures looked fine, so what do I know?
>>
>>6050469
I can't agree here, the clothes on 3A are stiffer because they actually have paint apps so they look old, whilst mezco's don't use anything, as a result they have a more MEGOish look, that and the awful tailoring.

And so far they've only done capeshit so that's why the fabric is stretchy, but someone of a slight depart like Dredd and you can already tell how much better the fabric choice is on behalf of 3A.

>>6050500
I can agree on the flimsy bodies.
>>
File: 3A-Toy-Fair-2014-009.jpg (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
3A-Toy-Fair-2014-009.jpg
1MB, 1920x1920px
>>6050500
>Mezco's Dredd uses some kind of synthetic leather
Never held one in person, eh?
Mezco uses a scrim cloth, so it's basically there forever unless you leave it out in the sun or something.

>Then again the Trek figures looked fine, so what do I know?
Pretty much.
Both 3a and Mezco use the same tools. You can even see the scrim cloth on figures like their Black Widow.

The difference between them is that 3a is more likely to stitch it from the inside, which is why their clothes usually looks bulkier and stiff.
Otherwise, the stitching is just as noticeable.
Plus, the fact that 3a makes 1/6 dolls, so you may not always be looking at the 1:12 figures.

>>6050602
Nah, it's bulkier for the reasons stated and the fact that they don't use spandex like Mezco does. The paint isn't really a culprit and the clothes they've used makes it look more mego-ish than Mezco. Bulky = cheap, and why i generally stay away from dolls.
>>
>>6050673
>more megoish than Mezco
In what universe? lmao.

3a stitching is not at all visible, in fact in your pic, that figure is even smaller than regular base body and its still smaller stitching than Mezco. and the clothes are somewhat stiff because the paint they use on them, thats a well known fact. Theyre still better tailored than any of Mezcos efforts.

Mezcos deal is making the clothe use mainstream for 6" action figures, but they still struggle in areas that 3a already mastered.

Just look at 3a pants, coas, overalls, jackets, tshirts, there isnt a single piece of clothing that 3a doesnt do better than Mezco, Dredd included
>>
>>6050673
>makes it look more mego-ish than Mezco.
Nigga please, even 3ago which is supposed to look like MEGO doesn't as MEGOish as Mezco.
>>
>>6050673
Anyone read the string diver comics? Pretty good
>>
>>6050702
>In what universe? lmao.
The only one in existence. LOL.

> in fact in your pic, that figure is even smaller than regular base body
What does this matter? WE're talking about the clothes. Count the little holes on the figure and then on a Mezco figure. Nearly the same amount of stitches, except the difference is made up by the fact that Mezco Dredd is about an inch taller.
The threads themselves are tiny little dots on both of them.

>thats a well known fact.
Nah, it's just the fact that clothes doesn't scale well. Hence Mezco's choice for using stretchy clothes that'll stick tighter to the body. Whereas 3a isnt afraid of using felt-like clothes and other stiffer clothes that hangs, which is why they look MEGO-ish.
>>
>>6044359
I wish mezco had relased the px mold of dredd in black also. Much prefer the lankier look and head sculpt of that version.
>>
>>6049163
Just appreciatin' the hard-working law enforcement, guv.
>>
>>6050673
>Never held one in person, eh?

These - >>6045966 >>6045961 - are my pics. Whatever the material is, it has a distinct leather texture.
>>
>>6047780

Back when OOO just got announced, I thought Kamen Rider designs can't get any worse... Toei really shockingly outdid themselves several times on that end.
>>
>>6050738
>he thinks theres only one universe
>he doesnt see how a body half as thick as regular base body and still having smaller stitches matters
>clothes dont scale well
Not with Mezco, they do with 3a
>felt-like
>he keeps puahing the lie tha 3a looks megoish even more tha mezco
>despite ops pic btfoing that statement
Im sorry man, but i dont think you have an objective view here

>>6050705
This.
>>
>>6044359
I want to like 3A's Dredd better, but what really turns me off is that they based him on my least favourite Dredd artist's version. It's a pity because the costume looks a lot nicer and he's got the classic "giant dial" Lawgiver. I like the head on the Mezco one better, too.
>>
>>6051191
Wait for the 1/6 version, it fixes a lot of your problems.
>>
>>6044359
Fuck, I wish I didn't get the Mezco one.
>>
File: IMG_9131.png (1MB, 726x1004px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9131.png
1MB, 726x1004px
Here's a bit of a kick in the teeth from 3A: Johnny Alpha 1/12 revealed.
>>
File: IMG_9132.png (977KB, 605x821px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9132.png
977KB, 605x821px
>>6051323
It looks like it's had significantly more effort put into it than their Dredd and Robo-Hunter figures.

In fact, it looks better than anything from Mezco, SH Figuarts or anyone else.
>>
File: IMG_9130.jpg (89KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9130.jpg
89KB, 497x500px
>>6051327
The head on the prototype is so well-done and accurate to Ezquerra's art I thought this was a 1/6 figure at first.
>>
>>6051327
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

>In fact, it looks better than anything from Mezco, SH Figuarts or anyone else.
Yes it does.
>>
File: IMG_9133.jpg (51KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9133.jpg
51KB, 480x480px
>>6051346
On the one hand, I'm ecstatic that my favourite 2000AD strip is getting maybe the best-looking 1/12 figure yet made.

On the other, I'm legitimately furious with 3A for not putting in this kind of effort sooner. Robo-hunter was my second favourite strip and this figure is like some kind of monkey's paw wish-come-true.

Worst thing is I know I'll cave in and buy it eventually, because there's probably never going to be another Sam Slade figure ever again...
>>
>>6051382
And 2000AD is probably not gonna have this much attention again ever, or at least for a very long time so yeah, get them while they're hot.

They didn't do it sooner because Ash is a lazy fuck and only cares about muh sleazy art.
>>
>>6051396
If Rogue Trooper comes out as good as that Johnny Alpha I'll be a very happy man, even factoring in the customary 3A 12-month shipping delay.
>>
>>6044359

left looks pretty bad

>baby hands
>really tacky looking gold
>very stiff looking suit with oversized zipper
>feet not even sitting flat on the ground
>>
>>6051430
Yeah, left looks like a chubby gimp.
>>
File: IMG_8120.jpg (83KB, 469x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8120.jpg
83KB, 469x470px
>>6044359
>3A's Dredd doesn't have a bootknife

AAAAAAASSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>6050417
>What do you mean better materials
I have both the Mezco Dredd and the 3A Death, so I'm basing it off of that. From the photos it looks like 3A Death and 3A Dredd share the same material. It's a coarser, thinner material that looks AWESOME in the light due to the subdued matte finish, but it crinkles weird and feels like it has the higher possibility of getting a snag at the joint that could lead to fraying. The stitching is also inferior on the Death.

And the thing that I like the least is that they used industrial glues to adhere the front of the elbow and knee pads to the back section. This may seem like a small issue, but remember that the glued points of the pads are at the exact place where the most amount of movement is taking place on the figure. And they're completely plastic, which means less movement and, thanks to the form fitting nature of the design, a lesser degree of up-and-down pad movement to "free up" range of motion. It's not a killer point with Death as his limbs are so crazy thin, but the bulkier 3A Dredd would absolutely shock me if it didn't have worse restrictions and complications. The Mezco Dredd use elastic bands in those places, which have their own can of worms being a fabric, but at least they don't suffer from those direct issues that 3A has.

And to elaborate on that point, Mezco Dredd's parts can be broken down completely in case of need to repair. 3A Death absolutely cannot be broken down without a load of delicate manipulating, and because of the way the front is stitched you cannot open the fabric and remove it from the body with cutting the stitching. There's plenty of people online that have shown Mezco Dredd can get fully stripped to the bare figure. This issue may not be fully relevant to 3A Dredd, as he clearly has a zipper, but those pads are going to be a fucking bitch if repairs are required.
>>
>>6051761
>con't
>better joint types? Have you seen the articulations of a 3A base body?
Based on the MWC review that has been written: Yes. It sounds like 3A Dredd and Death share joint types at the extremities (which I'm making as a distinction because, despite similar joints at the elbows and knees and torso, the body profile is vastly different and I won't make that comparison between 3A Dredd and Death). They're single headed straight shaft ball joints, which are basically my least favorite joints. They only have axial rotation based directly at the joint cup at the neck and wrist, whereas Mezco Dredd uses much more complex systems of movement. I like the fact that Mezco uses SHF-style joints for the wrists, and the two points of neck movement are vastly better than Death.

Again, this comes with the possibility that 3A Dredd is identical to Death's joint layout, but based on MWC's review, it is.
>>
>>6051761
There are several people I've seen on forums who've had their 3A Death break. The belt seems to be the weakest point on the figure.
>>
File: madankh.png (129KB, 452x440px) Image search: [Google]
madankh.png
129KB, 452x440px
>>6050835
>thinking OOO is a bad design

Get out
>>
>>6051211
But I don't want a 1/6 figure.

And I certainly don't want to pay for a 1/6 Lawmaster.
>>
>>6051170
>he thinks theres only one universe
>he doesnt see how a body half as thick as regular base body and still having smaller stitches matters
>clothes dont scale well

>>he thinks theres only one universe
Oh geez dude.
You're actually delusional.
I guess this explains why you believe that a slightly smaller figure would have clothes to scale with himself, despite all the 1/12 figures having the same stitching and sizes and the fact you think doll clothes scales well.

>i dont think you have an objective view here
Says the guy that didn't count the stitching.
The main cloth difference between the two Dredds up there is only the cloth itself. Stitching is practically identical, as seen in ALL of 3a's products.

And I'd bring up the 1/6 stitching, but the last 1/6 3a figure i bought was like five years ago. So I really don't want to say anything about the 1/6 dolls since they might have changed the stitching, though looking at high res images online, it doesn't look like they changed. Most of the changes seem to be just the clothes.
>>
>>6052014
We're gonna have to agree to disagree on the figures my dude.

But c'mon, the multiverse in infinite! You'll reach Nirvana someday.

Namaste.
>>
File: Judge-Dredd-figure-featured.jpg (95KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Judge-Dredd-figure-featured.jpg
95KB, 970x545px
>>6052009
You might want to look up some pictures, this is the first 1/6 figure in a while I've gotten excited about.

$200 doesn't seem bad given the accessories it comes with.
>>
>>6052181
AND free shipping.
>>
How's 3A's build quality on 1:12?

They always seemed like a high-end line willing to take alot of short-cuts with quality.
>>
>>6052686
I'm speaking from experience with older figures here like AP Tomorrow Kings: the quality is GENERALLY great, but 1) they tend to over-rely on fabric and fabric weathering to give the figures detail - the actual quality of paintwork, etc is pretty minimal. Flat colours, oily washes, a bit of sponge weathering. The other thing to look out for is weak ankle joints and fragile wrist pegs.

They seem to be improving in that regard looking at upcoming figures they've teased, but the first few 2000AD 1/12 releases all fall into that same trap.
>>
>>6052686
Just like anon above, I speak of experience of older figures, It's been a while since I bought any 3A...

In regular figures it's like this:
-base body itself is tremendously articulated and pretty well built, but wrists tend to feel weak, although personally I've only broken 1 wrist and via manhandling and they sent me replacements for the joint, neck peg also feels weak if you ever intend to switch heads for whatever, but I have never broken a neck, this Dredd uses a different neck though, apparently.

-Clothing is sturdy as fuck, way sturdier than Mezco's, I've never had wardrobe malfunctions with any of my 3A figures like I had with Mezco Batman, although that was an easy fix (the untucking of elbow).
-paintwork is solid, oil washes, I don't know if that has a negative effect on long term, but I have a few figures still in package, without ventilation, that I've had for at least 3 or 4 years in boxes and they seem fine, they don't seem to be even slightly rotten due to the paint solvents or anything, 3A figures had a characteristic "sticky" feel for a while when you opened them for the first time, due to said solvents.

I wouldn't count ankle joints as fragile because they don't snap, they just pop off on some figures, but you pop them back in, it's not the case with this dredd since he uses different ankles too.
>>
>>6052181
I don't collect 1/6 figures tho. Plus I want it to be able to interact with my other 1/12 scale figures.
>>
Anderson or Hershey when?
>>
>>6050712
Uff, I desperately tried to like it because I love Ash's string diver designs, but holy hell what an unreadable mess.

It's easily one of the worst comics I have ever slogged through.
>>
>>6054565
I'm on board for either. You'd think 3A would go for them in order to sell three times as many Lawmasters.

And... how the hell can they do Judge Fire? I've been thinking about this, and can't imagine how they'd do a full sculpt of a figure, encompassed in fire, while remaining fully articulated, without it looking like a bunch of shitty clip-on pieces of flame on a figure. Judge Fire doesn't just have fire on him, he is almost entirely fire with a burnt out form within. I could envision a statue doing this, no problem. A figure, not so much.
>>
File: Dredd37.jpg (60KB, 802x547px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd37.jpg
60KB, 802x547px
>>6054583

they'll just do Judge Kraken instead
>>
>>6054583
The only thing I can think of is looking at past Human Torch figures and seeing which one of them did it the best.

I'd imagine something like a skeleton wrapped in translucent orange and red plastic and go from there.
>>
File: Judge Death.jpg (29KB, 276x242px) Image search: [Google]
Judge Death.jpg
29KB, 276x242px
Speaking of any word on Judge Fear or Judge Mortis?
>>
File: THE_LAW.jpg (366KB, 1182x886px) Image search: [Google]
THE_LAW.jpg
366KB, 1182x886px
I do like Mezco's Dredd. It does have some issues, but I love me some Judge Dredd merchandise.

Might pick up the 3A version as well. Does anyone have the Mezco lawmaster, if so how is it?
>>
File: review_3alawmaster_10.jpg (315KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
review_3alawmaster_10.jpg
315KB, 800x778px
MWC did a review of the 3A Lawmaster, looks nice but tiny.
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-120716a.htm
Style is obviously perfect, but it looks more like a 5" scale vehicle. Very, very bizarre.

Also, AGAIN the MWC guy corroborates my problems that I had with Death's joints being absolutely annoying and popping out constantly >>6044613

>I also wanted to point out something on the figure at this point that I didn't mention in the earlier review. The legs and arms CAN pop off the ball joints, but they just pop right back on. I didn't have the issue when I was writing the original review, but when I was working on the more extreme bike poses, I found myself popping the limbs loose on occasion. Don't flip out if one comes off when you're working with it, simply press it back in place carefully.

So, I would say that with the confirmation that the joints on Dredd are just as bad as Death's 3A Dredd becomes an easy pass. Still getting the other Dark Judges.
>>
File: review_3alawmaster_11.jpg (251KB, 800x632px) Image search: [Google]
review_3alawmaster_11.jpg
251KB, 800x632px
>>6058323
>>
>>6058279
>Might pick up the 3A version as well. Does anyone have the Mezco lawmaster, if so how is it?
I have it, and I like it a lot. I'm absolutely not a vehicle-buying person, but getting the bike was a great decision because of how well done it is. Feels heavy, looks imposing, and it's covered end to end with nice little surprise details.
>>
>>6058333
Not that guy, but I ended up getting the Mezco Lawmaster with the 3A Dredd. I'm surprised at how inexpensive the Lawmaster was, really.
>>
File: Judge-Dredd-1995.jpg (80KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
Judge-Dredd-1995.jpg
80KB, 700x393px
To this day, the Stallone version is far and away the best Dredd design. Fuck this Gorillaz style shit.
>>
>>6044567
The Mezco Dredds articulation is pretty hampered by the material his costume is made from.
>>
File: stallone dredd.jpg (51KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
stallone dredd.jpg
51KB, 348x500px
>>6061502
If not for the metal codpiece and proper badge placement, It might have been a good design. The one thing they nailed with the Stallone Dredd was the city itself though.
>>
File: 002__58833.1463722771.1000.1200.jpg (170KB, 661x992px) Image search: [Google]
002__58833.1463722771.1000.1200.jpg
170KB, 661x992px
>>6061502
>>6061782
I found this while I was searching around yesterday.

Don't believe it's released yet though.
>>
>>6061795
The Xensation one is a recast of a Scalleta custom, which is pretty scummy.

The good news is though, VTS/Dam are doing an unauthorised 1995 Dredd from scratch. I'd wait for that one, as their stuff is easily Hot Toys quality.
>>
>>6044416
>>6044431

Yeah Mezco's Hellboy comic figures are imo some of the greatest $15 (at the time) figures of all time. I wish they would go back to doing fully sculpted figured instead of these Mego things and novelty toys.
>>
>>6062099
The amount of no-taste autist bucks they're collecting with One:12 pretty much ensures that they're going to keep going. 9/10 of their stuff looks like their figures are wearing baggy pajamas or their bodies are composed of lumps, but fwoosh dipshits keep buying them despite constant price increases.
>>
>>6062085
>Dam are doing an unauthorised 1995 Dredd from scratch.
Oh shit, that sounds fantastic.

So we've got Dam for the Stallone Dredd, 3A for comic Dredd, anywhere done the Dredd 3D version? It would be a gorgeous holy trinity.
>>
>>6054565
both but if I had to pick one I'd go with Anderson. I also want a Rico. Titan and Clone. Oh and Jack Point too.
>>
>>6058323
>>6058324
yeah I think 3A has the better Dredd but Mezco has the better Lawmaster. but I've never been a huge fan of that style of Lawmaster.
>>
File: IMG_9183.jpg (159KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9183.jpg
159KB, 750x1125px
>>6062548
Art Figures did a fucking FANTASTIC Dredd 3D figure. Unfortunately for you both the original and the renewal are long sold out and getting expensive.

VTS/Dam just released a Dredd 3D Anderson though, so they might do that version of Dredd too.
>>
>>6044359
Until seeing this pic I never realized what baby hands the Mezco had. Hmm. Right now the only things I see that look better on the Mezco are the more distinct lightning bolt designs on the visor and the brighter green on the boots and gloves. Shit, even the zipper looks better on 3A's.
>>
>>6062599
Bugger, shame i missed out on the Art, but id Dam do the 3D one as well then that's all the better since that and Stallone will match better. It'll work well to distinguish the movie Dredds from the comic one.

Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
>>6062526
The only One:12s that look good seem to be their TOS figures. Everything else I've seen looks pretty bad.
>>
>>6062653
TOS is god tier. Sulu is otherworldly, probably the most underrated One:12 to date. And I would say contender for toy of the year. The only accessory missing that would have put it over the top is the revolver from that one bizarre fantasy world episode.
>>
>>6062653
>>6062718
The Naked Time Sulu variant with no shirt, realistically-sculpted new torso and arms and three different crazed expressions Toy Fair exclusive variant when?
>>
>>6062718
I actually have wanted a good Sulu figure for ages, and this one comes so close it hurts--but something is just off about the headsculpt. The resemblance isn't quite there for me.

>>6062736
Taking the shirt off the current one isn't the worst. I mean, the body definitely could be worlds better, and his face isn't nearly crazy looking enough, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>6062736
>>6062759
Can you swap the head with Figuarts Bruce Lee?
>>
>>6062767
No, Bruce Lee's head is tiny, like 3/4 the overall volume of Sulu's. Plus the joints are non-compatible.
>>
>>6062821
Bugger, i was thinking that if you put Sulu's head on Bruce Lee's body then it'd perfect for the >>6062736 scene.
>>
>>6062830
No, not even close. The Bruce figure is like 5.5" tall, Sulu is close to 6.5" (lol One:"12").
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.