[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toys you were not allowed to have.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 18

File: McD toys.png (538KB, 651x765px) Image search: [Google]
McD toys.png
538KB, 651x765px
Today at McDonald's, I witnessed a little boy saying which ninja turtle toy he wanted for his happy meal.

>pic related

His mother said no, because they are violent.
>noticed Catholic flier in her hand w/Bible

He tried to reason wither her.
>This one is a helicopter
It can be used like a saw weapon
>This one doesn't have a weapon
He's making fists. >WTF

She then insisits that he pick one of the "happy animal toys".

>pic related

This kids WANTS a ninja turtle.
She convinces him that he can play animal rescue, starting with the frog.
He begs the counter lady to save the others happy animals for him when he comes next time.

I'm not going to judge the parenting being done here, but the situation looked a bit fucked.

So, what toys couldn't YOU have?
>>
>>6040864
>So, what toys couldn't YOU have?

expensive ones.
>>
i'm clicking on the toys but it's just making the picture get bigger and smaller
>>
File: 1479869235934.jpg (35KB, 329x419px) Image search: [Google]
1479869235934.jpg
35KB, 329x419px
>>6040881
>>
>>6040864
Oh shit are those HK toys there now? I gotta get over there.
>>
>>6040864
what's sad/funny is she is basically ensuring that kid will be as far away from her religion/god as possible. Most edge lord retards are born from extreme safe space parents that basically sour their childhood in the name of faith.

>So, what toys couldn't YOU have?
As weird as it sounds anthro Animals, my dad was concerned what that would do to kids growing up so he wasn't keen on shit like Loony Toon's and the like. he also had issues with Sonic
>>
>>6040864
can't really think of any toys I wasn't allowed to have, indeed one of the only times I faced any major parental censorship was when my mom confiscated a copy of Palladium's Heroes Unlimited RPG I had found at a garage sale when she found out it had a section heavily focusing on guns and talked about death a lot
>>
>>6040949
Your dad sounds like a wise man.
>>
Anything I wanted after the divorce outside of Christmas and my birthday. Thanks for walking out on us, mom.
>>
Harry Potter
>>
File: tumblr_ndga50M0pF1tak7r2o1_500.gif (316KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndga50M0pF1tak7r2o1_500.gif
316KB, 500x281px
>>6040949
On one hand, I feel sorry for you. On the other hand, I'm impressed that your dad had that much foresight.
>>
guns, only thing I could never buy unless it was a water gun.

I have a cousin who's raising his 5 boys in the same fashion as the bible thumper. They came over once for Thanksgiving, the 3 little ones wanted to watch cartoons so I put on Pokemon; the 2 older ones started playing Madden on my PS4. The mother comes to me and says to turn everything off because her pastor said Pokemon (and tv) is bad for children, and that the PS4 was teaching her sons to be violent.
>>
most toys I couldnt get were mostly Roleplay toys
Power Ranger swords, Nerf Guns and the like.
>>
ITT why religion as a whole is basically garbage.
>>
File: fedora.webm (596KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.webm
596KB, 640x360px
>>6041117
religion is bullshit but
>george carlin
>>
File: feelsbad.jpg (34KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbad.jpg
34KB, 500x388px
>>6040864
>Had this exact captain scarlet tank toy
>didn't know shit about captain scarlet
>still don't
>first day i get it i play around with the captain scarlet eject feature
>fire it into little brothers eye
>parents take tank toy off me
>never see tank again
>>
>>6041140
>le Bill Hicks fan who edits ED detected

Carlin & Leary > Hicks
>>
>>6040870

This. If my mom could afford it I could have it, but she was a single mom with 3 kids so there were lots of toys I couldn't get.
>>
>>6040949
Your dad predicted furries before the internet. That's impressive.
>>
>>6041140
It's sad to see young men such as yourself falling for the fedora bait and not experiencing George Carlin.

Hicks is fedora garbage. Carlin is real humor with actual insight.
>>
My mom,despite being single, spoiled the shit out of me. Really, the only thing I didn't get were big lego sets (I still want that pirate ship). The only thing she put her foot down on were M-rated games when I was young and real guns.
>>
File: bang.png (885KB, 635x575px) Image search: [Google]
bang.png
885KB, 635x575px
>>6041143
I had this Robocop toy that used those popping caps.

I remember playing with it a total of once, then my mother took it away and I never saw it again. She just walked up to me and took it from my hand after getting a few shots off.

She didn't want me to think that the sound of gunfire was fun. Dad got me a Batman toy later.
>>
>>6041276
>Carlin is real humor with actual insight.
>>
>>6041112
My mom took all of my power ranger toys away after something in the news was reported. Something about a girl getting killed by her brothers becuase they were copying the Power Rangers.

This was back when it was a real craze, so I was deep into it. When she took it all away, especially the original Megazord, it was like tearing a limb off.

This was right before the movie was in theaters too.

I would try to recreate them with my legos from time to time.

I asked her year later why she flipped like that. She said something to the effect that fads and pop culture phenomina are more dangerous than the status quo, for young minds.

I don't know how she balanced that with the others things I liked, such as Batman, Ninja Turtles, Thundercats, and Transformers. It was just Power Rangers that I couldn't have.
>>
File: IMG_3016.jpg (47KB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3016.jpg
47KB, 400x272px
>>6040864
> pic related
Was allowed to play with this. But couldn't play with in the living room. My mom made me play with it on the dining room table. She would flatten a paper plate so I could use the slime
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (142KB, 1079x766px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
142KB, 1079x766px
My mom for some reason kept toys that had guns away from me at one point, or removed the guns from the toys, even if they weren't standard firearms but energy based weapons. Like I got the giant Wing Gundam action figure for Christmas one year but she threw away the buster rifle. I dunno, probably had something to do with Colombine being recent. Also really sucks because a few years later she changed her tune and not only bought my little brother NERF guns and shit but also got him actual guns as he turned into a teenager. I didn't get my first gun until I bought one myself.
>>
File: time to go.gif (1MB, 353x234px) Image search: [Google]
time to go.gif
1MB, 353x234px
>>6040864
>ITT shit that never happened.
>>
File: squirtgun.jpg (42KB, 608x300px) Image search: [Google]
squirtgun.jpg
42KB, 608x300px
No guns, no M-rated games. My mom also took away the toys my grandparents gave me as souvenirs from trips to Mexico and Eastern Europe for fear they'd give me lead/radiation poisoning respectively.

>>6040949
Hahaha, my mom was concerned when a classmate got me into furry shit in 5th grade. This was in like 2001, nobody could have predicted how right her suspicions were.
>>
>>6043643
You're naïve if you think the most moronic people aren't found in the line at McDonald's.
>>
I don't buy roleplay guns/swords for my toddler nephews because the first thing they'll do is to whack the shit out of me with those.
>>
>>6043681
As a god father that's literally all I buy by friends sons. Weapons and loud instruments.
>>
>>6040864
>picking which one you want

Isn't availability still determined by what the franchise received that week + leftovers?
>>
>>6040864
I went for one of those Troll pens yesterday, but found out the promotion was over. They offered me a Turtle, but I went with the Hello Kitty frog toy.
>>
>>6043726
And there are people who still don't understand this.
>>
File: 1480181003616.jpg (53KB, 648x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480181003616.jpg
53KB, 648x960px
I wasn't allowed to have any roleplay toys as a kid. No guns, no morphers, no swords, no capes, no wands, not even a fake phone.

I also wasn't allowed Pokemon, because my retarded mother thought it was satanic (But for some reason digimon was fine).

But mostly I wasn't allowed to have nice things, because both of my parents are lawsuit happy niggers who will sue over not getting as much as they wanted from suing the last person they brought to court.

>That feel when you never get the megazord because they wasted 40K on a lawsuit over not getting 50K from another lawsuit.

>TFW Your parents buy a 37K car and then tell you that they don't have money for food in the house and then go out and buy a $1200 sewing machine.

>TFW hoarder dad that wasted even more money on actually garbage that he leaves in the yard that end up rusting.

>TFW you don't get Christmas because they were so irresponsible with money that you should have been upper middle class, but ended up upper poorer class.

Well the jokes on them, little do they know that my Christmas present for them next year is them going into the lowest rated nursing home in the country.
>MFW they find out
>>
>>6043583
>Something about a girl getting killed by her brothers becuase they were copying the Power Rangers.
I remember that "news" story.
>>
>>6043796
Do you remember the details? Becuase I remember the girl who played as the yellow ranger had an interview in reference to it too.

Shortly after, Fox Kids started playing PSAs about how weapons hurt people, while showing the Power Rangers fighting with theirs.
>>
>>6043813
I don't, sorry. I wasn't into PR at the time (still aren't) so it was just something that briefly blipped onto my radar.

>>6043583
>It was just Power Rangers that I couldn't have.

>>6043777
>I also wasn't allowed Pokemon, because my retarded mother thought it was satanic (But for some reason digimon was fine).

A lot of times, the reason for these specific bannings is that the parents heard through their church leader that a specific toy line/ media property is Satanic. Chances are the pastor would have demonized Digimon if he had been aware of it, but since he wasn't, the parents just went along with the specific products that he forbade.

https://undubbed.wordpress.com/2014/11/13/jehovahs-witness-urban-legends-smurfs/
>>
File: fgdgf.jpg (527KB, 1290x1104px) Image search: [Google]
fgdgf.jpg
527KB, 1290x1104px
>>6040864
When I was a kid in the 80s/90s Disney was going through what they now call "The Disney Renaissance". Hit after hit film was being pumped out of the studio like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The lion King.

Little mermaid came out, and the only merch released was shitty pvc static figures with zero points of articulation or possible dolls. I wanted the Ariel doll. I was obsessed with the film, and even as a kid I thought that Ariel was hot. I was told I couldn't have her because dolls were for girls. I could have the Prince Eric doll because he looked like a G.I Joe I guess. I could care less about the Prince doll. I told my parents I would go over their heads, and ask Santa for it. My father bribed me with The Disney Channel if I didn't put the doll on my Christmas list for Santa. Back in the day Disney Channel wasn't total shit ,and you had to pay extra for it each month like you still have to do with HBO or Showtime today. I accepted because The 90s Disney Channel was awesome. Friend comes over to play. She brings her Ariel doll. I'm Jelly as fuck. Back than you couldn't buy Disney princess dolls all year long because there was no such thing as The Disney princess doll line. Once a film left theaters all the merch related to the film would leave all stores for good.

Same shit happened to me the next year when Beauty and the Beast came out, but worse. Mom was saving up money to buy me a Belle doll FOR MONTHS than spends the money on a birthday gift for one of her friends. The film leaves theaters, and all Beauty and the Beast dolls/Merch leaves all toy stores along with it.

Now as an adult I blow thousands of dollars on Disney dolls each year. I guess I'm still trying to chase that Ariel doll I was never allowed to have as a child, but no matter how many dolls I buy today it will never be the same. Sorry for the wall of text.
>>
>>6043823
That articles reads like it was written by a butthurt individual, but truth be told:

All religious groups have a mix of strict or permissive individuals; the strict ones cuasing the most damage.
>>
>>6040933
Yes the promotion just started.
>>
>>6043843
That looks like your father was trying to enforce a gender role on you.
>>
>>6041117
Truth.
>>
>>6041336
>She just walked up to me and took it from my hand
Thats a cold as ice move
>>
>>6043844
>That articles reads like it was written by a butthurt individual

Just google "Jehovahs Witnesses smurfs" and you'll find at least 100 other articles all talking about the same hysteria.
>>
>>6043860
You don't need to convince me. I just don't care. This is common shit with religion. Unless you're going out of your way to be oddly specific.

My pentacostal mother hated pokemon and dragonball, and would press her views on the other church members with kids.
>>
>>6040864
My mom refused to get me one of those stupid G.i. Joe with electronic backpacks. It had been months since I had seen Joes in retail (ARAH just died) but the store was expensive and the gimmick probably justified a mark up.
>>
>>6043843
I know your feel, anon. When I was a kid, my mom would take me to garage sales all the time, and once I saw a Barbie doll (no clothes) for sale. I told her I wanted it, she got this horrified look on her face, and hustled me off the lawn and back into the car, where she made it clear that boys were not supposed to want Barbie dolls.

I just wanted the pretty naked lady.
>>
>>6043868
>Unless you're going out of your way to be oddly specific.
Specifically JWs and Smurfs, yeah. There was a wave of hysteria that swept the JW church in the 1980s about toys in general, but Smurfs specifically, all stemming from the absolutely true and in no way made up story of a little girl whose Smurf doll stood up on its own in church and started running up and down the aisle screaming Satanic phrases.
>>
My dad wouldn't allow me to have He-Man stuff because he thought I would grow up gay.
>>
>>6041336
I had this and his cop friend, didn't really like the gimmick because it gave them that bulky backpack and they smelled like shit after popping caps.
>>
>>6041276
Hicks is not fedora garbage. Just because normies started finding out about him in the mid to late 00's does not remove his standing as a good and short lived comedian And Ninja Bachelor Party is great.
>>
File: rb1t6z9df2bx.jpg (87KB, 1024x550px) Image search: [Google]
rb1t6z9df2bx.jpg
87KB, 1024x550px
Crash dummies.

Someone gave me a set once for Christmas and my parents immediately took them away claiming they were broken.

>"They're crash test dummies, they're supposed to be broken"

>"No. They're really actually broken"

I don't know if they were really actually broken or not, but my parents never did a good job of convincing me of it.

I know they were choking hazards, but at 5 or 6 years old I wasn't exactly shoving toys in my mouth anymore.

My parents wernt exactly the kind who would be up to date on toy recall type stuff either.
>>
>>6040864
I wasn't allowed to have any He-man villians. Specifically Skeletor, because he was evil. >>6040949 is kinda right. Because villians were forbidden, they were intriguing to me. I was never particularly edgy, but most of my favorite characters are villians.
>>
Any child who would want a ninja turtle over badtz maru is beyond hope

That said I was not allowed to have anything with Badtz Maru on it because he "looked like a thug and a punk"
>>
My mom wouldn't buy Kenner Aliens for me because she thought they were too ugly.
However my grandmother didn't give a crap so I still got most of them from her anyways.
>>
File: Holy shit.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
Holy shit.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>6040864
I basically wasn't allowed any toys because I grew up a Jehovahs witness. One time I got a pokemon in my happy meal and hid it from my mom because I knew if she found it she would trash it.
>>
File: tomcat ertl.jpg (20KB, 248x300px) Image search: [Google]
tomcat ertl.jpg
20KB, 248x300px
Metal toys, because i kept on hurting people with them.

These jets were the best. Heavy as fuck and detailed as fuck. I set off a nice trend at my grade school bringing one of these in and all my friends suddenly needed them too.
That trend ended when i was playing catch with it by flipping it into the air. The pointy ends really hurt if you caught it wrong, because they're metal and the entire jet was like an entire half pound. So I thought it was good idea to play catch with my friend. He sucked at catching, so when i flipped it up into the air he went directly under its path to catch it with his head. He dropped like a rock and was leaking blood onto the black top.

School didn't ban metal toys, but i got in trouble, because schools were still awesome back then. My mom got mad and took away my metal jets.

So probably that same year, i started buying those Mega Force toys by Kenner. The tanks and jets were made of diecast. For whatever reason, i got mad at a friend and i threw one of the 1/4th pound metal tanks at him. He bled and cried like a bitch for half an hour.
My mom then banned all metal toys.

No problem, since toys were being made from plastic from then on. Kinda sad though, since diecast toys are the best weapons a kid can ever own and no cop will ever stop you from carrying one of these killers
>>
>>6044303
I never understood that faith. They're Puritans but instead of predestination they instead decided to go a notch crazier and say Heaven has a limited capacity. But if that's true then what's the point of trying to convert more people? Doesn't that lessen one's chances of getting into Paradise?
>>
My mom took away my barbies after I gave them biker tattoos. She didn't even appreciate that I tried to make the tattoos accurate by making them out of lots of little dots with a fine-point sharpie :'(

>>6043843
> I told my parents I would go over their heads, and ask Santa for it.
kek
>>
>>6044549
From what I understand, as soon as Heaven fills up it will automatically trigger the Rapture, so they want it to happen as soon as possible.
>>
>>6041031
It will make it only more tempting for them.
The best way to learn them to don't like it is by letting someone who they find really irritating yell, how great Pokemon and the PS4 are and that you must look pokemon everyday and play the playstation everyday.
>>
>>6044143
Well, he is BAD Badtz Maru.
>>
>>6040864
I want that dope penguin, going to McD's for Supper tonight.
>>
>>6043823
Why have you such dumb/crazy church leaders?
I never met a reverend who said such fundamentalistic humbug.

about your link: are the jehovahs witnesses not also a bit of religious fanatists?
>>
>>6045794
>Why have you such dumb/crazy church leaders?
Living in one of the most high-tech countries on the planet makes American churches uneasy because secularism seems to have all the answers to life's big questions. As a response, a lot of churches clamp down on questioning doctrine and kick out people who make waves by asking uncomfortable questions like "did this toy really get up by itself and blaspheme in church?"

JWs are pretty nutty even by American standards.
>>
File: malkovich.jpg (17KB, 236x320px) Image search: [Google]
malkovich.jpg
17KB, 236x320px
>>6040881
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.