[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JobbyTheHong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Whats his problem
>>
>>6040307
He tries too hard to be funny.

Memeshit is the lowest form of comedy.
>>
>>6040307
He's trying to be the Filthy Frank of toy reviewers
>>
>>6040307
The guy is autistic.
>>
>>6040307
Compared to most he's enjoyable to watch. And his voice isn't an ear bleed to listen to. Honestly though he seems like the type of dude who's not used to getting as much attention on YouTube as he has so I'm sure that contributes at times.
>>
>>6040334
Who? I always thought he was trying to be the JonTron of toy reviewers

>Compared to most he's enjoyable to watch.
nah
not that there's many good choices to begin with, but tryhard meme shit is the worst of the worst
>>
>>6040442
woops, second half of that post was a response to >>6040367
>>
>ITT: people who think Shartimus' Big Time Let Down shit is the pinnacle of comedy
>>
>>6040494
Literally no one has implied that in the slightest.
>>
>>6040307
he is getting lost in his own ego and rising fame. honestly he doesn't do a bad job but the self deprecation humor is getting a bit too much. his old reviews are still pretty good but he needs to regain that balance he had before
also he needs to stop filling his videos with constant shilling save that shit for the end.
also please review some model kits that arent from like the two things he has actually watched (I.E Eva and Gundam((which he may of just watched the original and unicorn maybe seed)), and Madoka ((even though those are his best reviews in my opinion)).) thats about the jist of his problems.If you want a pinpoint of when it all went to shit I would day the Gaogaigar review if not the spider man one is when he became self aware and shitty but he still has some moments
>pic related
>>
>>6040494
Hurr durr swivel it in my ass!
>>
I'm a fan of Jobby, but his humor has become repetitive. He's shown self awareness to this, but I think he needs to know when to reel back just a bit, because he can be genuinely funny, and certain gags that come off guard get me to laugh. I think he should try and see what else he can add to his humor,and knowing the strengths of when too much is too much.

Another thing, he got a following pretty quickly, and he (obviously) wants to ensure that people follow him still, so he'll try to do more, like his Model of the Month, or Jobbysings. Then, of course, Young Broke and Bored is a thing too.

I think what he needs is direction, and structure. He's raw potential, but if he knew how to structure things and become more professional, things'd probably work out better for him.

For example, Young Broke and Bored would benefit from certain things: shortening it so people will not get bored during it, planning over what will be talked about and for how long, and entertainment.

As for his reviews, I think he should just experiment with certain jokes and find his limits.

I put too much effort in this post.
>>
He tries to much to be a meme and Filthy Frank. He does the same jokes as he does. Doesn't help that he posts himself singing weeb shit.
>>
He has that Asian lack of dignity that's become prevalent in the last few decades.Anything to get a laugh from the white man. Ken Jeong is a fucking doctor but he'll make a movie where they make fun of his tiny penis. Vangelus does the same shit; got tired of his self depreciation.
>>
>"Jobby the song" videos
I didn't know this was a cringe channel.
>>
>>6041083
What did Vangelus do?
>>
>>6041092
He puts stupid, self deprecating subtitles into his reviews that are distracting, not funny, and pretty much undermine everything he says.
>>
>>6041095
At least he created a story to it. It's not a completely meaningless gag.
>>
>>6040307
He reminds me of Anthony Fantano before Fantano became an egoistic dickwad who pandered to alt right kiddies.

Knowing how this goes, he'll probably fall down the same path too, if in a different form.
>>
>>6041095
I used to like them and his videos overall way back when he wasn't overly popular (like 2010/2011).

Don't know if it's my personal tastes or he's changed, but those subtitles are just hard to read nowadays. Had to watch one of his reviews for the first time in years and it wasn't enjoyable, outside of decent production values.
>>
He's my favorite reviewer.
>>
>>6040307
This guy introduced me to Madoka.
>>
He operates on a different level than the rest of us. Whether that level is above or below average is beyond me.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.