[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you explain your toys to your family or S.O.?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 20

File: index.jpg (8KB, 321x157px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 321x157px
How do you explain your toys to your family or S.O.?
>>
>>6033893
I don't have to.
I'm attractive so nobody bats an eye.
>>
I usually buy mechas and Transformers so my family brushes it off as me just being into teenager stuff that I'm a tad bit too old for.

I did however just get a bunch of Madoka Magica Figmas today. I don't know how the fuck I'm going to explain these to them and I'm too scared to even take them out of the box.

If anyone can help me come up with (reasonable) excuses that would be nice.
>>
i don't

i haven't spoken to anyone from my family in six months
i have never had had a SO
>>
Just don't care? In college I'd bring the imports I got in the mail to class and I STILL got laid. People don't really care if you aren't bringing out nude anime ladies.
>>
I have a full time job and live alone in my own house, I don't need to explain anything to anyone. [spoiler]I am lonely though.[/spoiler]
>>
>>6033906
>In college I'd bring the imports I got in the mail to class
What did you buy?
>>
>>6033909
I'll be your roommate anon
>>
>>6033893
S.O?
soul onion?
soul organ?
so original?
>>
>>6033916
significant other you beta virgin weaboo
>>
>>6033910
Mostly Robits and Figuarts. I mean I wasn't some Chad banging tens every night but I did fine.
>>
>>6033920
>Robits
This I can understand. It just comes off as a nerd hobby for most normies.

>Figuarts
Specifics pls
>>
So long as I got a job, money in the bank, and a working car, my family doesn't care what else I do. My SO has no problem with the toys, lots for problems with the swordplay though.
>>
>>6033923
Uh I got a few early monsterarts, some Riders and a couple anime figures. Been a few years and I was spending money like it was going out of style so I can't even remember the specifics. Hell I even got a couple of my normie friends to fall down the toy hole with me
>>
>>6033902
You watched the show and it was really cool so you got merchandise.
>>
>>6033893
I don't have to because my family isn't full of judgemental faggots.
It also probably helps that I only collect manly figures.
>>
More a problem with how much I spend in a short space of time. Some obvious judgement from co workers but fuck them
>>
>>6033961
This.
>>
>>6033918
>not superior officer

do you even live on a spaceship , bro ?
>>
>>6033975
dam...
>>
I collect S.H. Figuarts and Transformers Masterpiece for the most part. I expand into other lines now and then but those two lines are the majority of my collection.
If I am being blunt, I just say I like them and I am an adult, so I buy them fullstop
If I want to be a faggot about it, I say I appreciate the work that goes into them (the sculpting of SHF and the engineering of complex configuration while retaining cartoon aesthetic), and they make good subject matter for my photography.
>>
i don't
>>
I say, "I have money to spend on it" and my dads like "it's still a waste of money" that's the end of it, he's the only one I know who judges me.
>>
Dad just see's giant boxes roll up in the mail, he bitches, nags, I cram, he can't kick me out as my mother (who loves what I buy) would just come over and kick his ass, living the easy life in a broken family.

And my brother is cool, we compete to see who the bigger spender is, he's just giving easier treatment because he buys $300 clothing while I'm buying $200 transformers.

The sad part is I'm the one with the job (part time but shy 2 hours from full time) and my brother lives off government payments and he gets lenient treatment from everyone, not my fault his shit is easier to cram in.
>>
>>6033893
I make the money
I spend the money
>>
oh boy it's this thread again
>>
>>6034039
Same
>>
File: tmp_4813-303033181424973936.jpg (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4813-303033181424973936.jpg
96KB, 400x400px
>>6033893
>>
There's really nothing to explain. She loves me for me. I also don't collect creepy anime girl dolls or transformers, so I don't need to justify my collection. Also I buy her some toys from time to time.
>>
>>6033895
lol, as arrogant and condescending as that sounds, it's kind of true. I'm a decent looking guy as well and it results in people thinking I'm interesting and creative rather than childish and embarrassing. Then again, I also try to display my stuff professionally and I don't act like a giant dork.
>>
I live on my own and the last visitor I had over was 2 years ago.

Fuck people.
>>
>>6033893

Uh, most people know what toys are, op.
>>
File: 1463031883736.gif (984KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463031883736.gif
984KB, 400x300px
>>6033893
I don't, and no on really brings it up. Just a hobby, as long as it doesn't get out of control. My SO is the same way, although sometimes worries I spend too much. It's all good.
>>
>>6033895
I wish I was attractive. I fucking hate myself.
>>
As long as I have a job,car, house and money saved in my bank account, nobody cares.
My girlfriend is into DC collectibles too so she actually enjoy when I buy stuff for us both.
>>
>>6034248
But you are anon, just track girls with the same taste on tinder or something, at the first dates be nice and play the "cool nerd"
>>
>>6033893
By giving them an allowance. Or by not giving them an allowance. My money, my rules.
>>
>>6033893
my parents were at first like "whaat, isn't that for kids?" but then they got over it and would tell me things like "hey, you can do anything, like a kamen rider!" [they're japanese].

My gf was not happy near the beginning when I was using a lot of money on figures. But now she's got her own collection, and we can afford both of our hobbies so she's encouraging. Even tells me about deals going on for figures and whatnot.
>>
File: 258 - wcuWWzq.png (12KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
258 - wcuWWzq.png
12KB, 645x773px
>>6034310
>tfw no toy loving gf
>tfw no gf fucking ever
I'm so lonely.
>>
>>6033893
as a hobby.
I only buy about one toy a month and by years end I sell a few if they start taking over the house, so it's not out of control enough for me needing to explain it.
>>
Most Girls I bring home don't care or find them interesting. If you are passionate about it, it doesn't feel as cringy or nerdy.
>>
>>6034313
Use tinder faggot, just try to be selective with the girls, there are girls of all types there, or even try happn, my current girlfriend was living in the same block, making the same way back from the job but we never met each other untill the day I installed happn :)
>>
>>6034324
this!
also when you get out with girls that actually like the same stuff as you, it's even better
>>
>>6034324
>passionate about it
There's a fine line between passionate and obsessive. It's fine to have weird hobbies, it's not fine to have one singular weird hobby that you constantly talk about when no one around you is interested.
>>
>>6033902
If you're married, I don't think you can, and the next time some little girl in your neighborhood is diddled you may be suspect in her eyes.

Same with your family I guess. It's easy to explain a Rei or Asuka, as they are in plugsuits and look sci-fi.

But little girls in frilly dresses will just make you look like a creep. I love Madoka too, and I really want a Homura fig, but my wife and senpai are all normies and there's no way to explain why you have a figure of a little anime girl being manhandled by Megatron on your shelf and come out looking not creepy
>>
>>6034356
>anime girls in skin-tight bodysuits = A-OK no problem here
>anime girls in frilly dresses = you are a creep and possible pedophile

I really don't understand how the former would be regarded as better than the latter.
>>
>>6033893
She only complains when they dive off my shelf and wake her up in the middle of the night.
>>
>>6033895
This. Just have good looks and high self-confidence and nobody will judge you for playing with toys.
>>
File: IMG_6433.jpg (113KB, 1024x881px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6433.jpg
113KB, 1024x881px
Apparently you can collect skimpy animu robot grills (and dress them up and play with them) and not be labeled a total weirdo if you're also a grill.

My mom used to collect barbies, and i've somehow convinced her that this is the same thing. My dad thinks they're cute.
>>
File: IMG_3595.gif (2MB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3595.gif
2MB, 245x230px
>>6033895
It's true. It's more a shock to those who have just met me, but everyone else is like that's cool and occasionally rib me for it til I bust out how much I've sold shit for.
I'm not pretty, just ottermode.
>>
>>6034039
also same, just with a little 'well whose the one on welfare asshole' to the idiot sister and her husband

granted my collection is just like, some 500+ lego minifigures and the occasional gundam
>>
>>6034365
Take a look anon, the casual observer can at least speculate that the Asuka is related to sci-fi, "some sorta Star Trek thang". While Madoka is a 6 year old in a frilly dress. The first thing a casual observer will do is check to see if she has pantsu on and deem the owner a creep who likes to look at little girl panstu.
>>
File: IMG_2534.jpg (122KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2534.jpg
122KB, 1024x577px
>>6034654
Forgot my image
>>
>>6034605
But do you wanna be my gf?
>>
>>6034365

For one thing Asuka and Rei don't look 12. Culturally people are pretty accepting of the skin-tight sci-fi aesthetic. Just look at 7 of 9 in Star Trek Voyager back in the 90's. People are less accepting of having young children in frilly dresses as part of your collection.
>>
>>6034661
Sorry anon, toys are my one true love
>>
File: 10067414.jpg (22KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
10067414.jpg
22KB, 300x196px
I have never run in to a problem before, one girl was really astounded by the quality of some of the imports (Figma and Figuarts) and would mess with em from time to time. The only time it became a problem was one time she tripped and hit my shelf and all my figures fell off. Three figmas died. She freaked out and thought I'd freak out. Which I wanted to, but it wasn't worth it. The more valuable ones were fine and she got clocked in the jaw by a chogokin Mazinger. i was more worried she'd be mad.

She moved away though. I miss her.

ANOTHER chick made fun of me for it, posed a couple figures like they were fucking and jerking off. a gundam kit died because of her. We broke up, I had been supporting her in college while we both went, I stopped paying for her and giving her rides, she ended up getting kicked out, now she has had two kids both taken by the state and she lives out of a motel a few hours away and works as a waitress at some shitshow.

Karma may have won, but it will never bring back my Nu Gundam, that was my first kit I painted.
>>
>>6034998
Same guy as last post, shit. I guess that is a problem. My bad, I'm retarded. I guess I just remembered the better girl over the stupid whore.
>>
>>6034998
>posed a couple figures like they were fucking and jerking off
lol
>>
>>6034998
>posed a couple figures like they were fucking and jerking off

This is normies favorite thing to do
>>
>>6033893
I recently came out to my family as collecting lego again
they had no strong feelings but joked that I'd be easier to buy Christmas gifts for
>>
>he seeks validation from his family

wew lad
>>
Well, I do neato scale models and collect Zoids.
So far, they're pretty cool with it, though it is an 'expensive' dust-collecting hobby
>>
>>6033893
well I don't live at home any more, I have my own place but in the same town.
The general consensuses that my mom pushes which pretty much everyone agrees with is
"he could be doing worse things". I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, I'm not a party person, I don't get into any type of trouble.
So everyone pretty much is "this keeps him happy and occupied, this keeps him away from the "bad things" so just leave him be"

Now true my dad at one point thought I should have grown out of all this in my late teen and into my 20s. Also he is a sports/outdoorsy guy so he would have liked it if I was probably more into sports or stuff like fishing but he eventually conceded that I'm not going to like that stuff and that my interests are different.
Now over the last couple of years he has been enjoying going to see all the Marvel and DC movies with me so I don't think the interest was the problem, it was more of the "father son bonding time" that he was upset about he wanted something that we could do together
>>
>>6034356
I'm too much of a beta cuck to get a gf much less be married.

I mean, so far I've not gotten any reactions of any sort, which probably means that they picked up that I'd prefer not to talk about the bow toting loli on my bedside shelf. Either that or old age hit them harder than I thought.

>>6034654
They generally don't touch my shit because I get pissed off if they do so that's unlikely to happen.

Also she's 14 I think.

And yes she does have pantsu.
>>
I have had 4 girls that I brought over to my apt after dates that left as soon as possible as soon as they saw my display of toys.

It fucking sucks, but my logic is sort of like a guy who is bald and wears a toupee: if you try to hide it from them, it will only make things worse. Better to be upfront with them and show them who you are.
>>
I knew this one really cute girl, she looked like Taylor Swift but with brunette hair, and she had put me in the friendzone since college, so I could talk to her about anime and toys and stuff, cause I was in the zone. Anyways, she was very normie, and I asked her what girls thought of guys over 18 who collect toys. She told me, "If the guy has a job and his own place and likes to go out and take a trip once in a while, its fine that he collects toys. It shows us he knows his priorities. Toys should be a priority below all of those things."

I thought that was a pretty decent answer.
>>
>>6034248
There are really few people who are innately ugly.
Most ugly features can be corrected, patched, covered, if you take care of yourself.

I used to be sure l was ugly and so l just didn't take care of my looks at all.
Then l went though the opposite, gained a lot of self esteem because l took care of myself (to the point l was a dork about it, like, looking at myself in every possible piece of glass).

Now I'm a balance, I'm not the best looking guy but l don't suck.
I guess my weakest point is that I'm short, and you can't fix that, but if you don't mind your weaknesess, people won't either.

>>6033893
Back to the topic, just hang out with people who don't judge you.
I'm a pedophile, all my friends know it, all the significant girls I've been with knew about it, and nobody gives a shit.
I'm sure you can find people who can accept you like toys.

As for family, you can't chose that. My mum was pretty against it when l lived with her, but now l have a job, my place and my stuff, l guess she just gave up, and now even shows some interest to my collection.
Of course l can't say this will happen to everybody, if you're simply too young, endure until you can have your place and ignore judgement.
>>
>>6035253
It's things like pointing out she's 14 and not 6 that make you sound like a creep.
>>
Every week you people ask this. I'm more and more certain that it's because you buy weeb anime girls and bulge robots and jerk off on them.
Collecting lego, 1/6 and urban toys are absolutely fine where I come from. Even Karate Bugmen aren't embarrassing. Leave to the weebs to make any hobby awkward.
>>
>>6035333
No hobby is awkward unless you make a scene out of anything you dipshit.

You can be collecting naked statues and be perfectly normal about it. If you're socially awkward about "insert item here" you'll make a scene and just make a fool out of yourself.
>>
>>6034248
>>6034264
>tfw attractive but too goddamn retarded to lay any sort of charm on women

Fuck. FUUUUUUUUCK.
>>
>>6035323
I mean, I'm just correcting a minor mistake. I don't really see how that's creep-ish.

But whatever, I hope anyone who sees it takes it at face value and doesn't make stupid assumptions.
>>
>>6035241
>"he could be doing worse things like drugs"
THIS. my mom couldn't give less of a shit because i'm spending my own money on a hobby that isn't dangerous or (very) self destructive. plus i only display shit at my house so who cares
>>
>>6034327
That of course is the dream. But finding girls that are also into figures is not so easy
>>
File: 1360011505596.png (23KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
1360011505596.png
23KB, 600x410px
>>6033893
In my family its pretty excepted because my dad and I are both huge fucking dorks.

Right now I'm working on putting together a Gundam Dendrobium he bought back in 2002 and hasn't touched since
>>
>>6035434
Fuck yeah it is.

Women here are common as hell its just 90 percent of them are just batshit crazy.
>>
File: IMG_1736.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1736.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Out of my family my mom is the only one who has an issue with it, but she has an issue with literally everything so it's not really a problem to me.

My SO, though. Toy design is my career, so I'd have been stupid to pick someone who had a problem with me collecting and designing toys. I ended up with another collector, it's awesone. My octoplush line is actually partially inspired by them.
>>
>>6034745
I'm not jealous, and I collect skimpy animu robot grills too.
Me and your dad ll get along pretty well.
>>
>>6033893
I don't have to. My father has been collecting LEGO since the late 70's. He has every space and pirates set. So my family doesn't mind me collecting.
>>
>>6033893

I just tell them it's a hobby just like any other hobby. Nobody thinks it's odd. The people that come to my house and check out my collections think it's cool.

My wife collects stuff too so it's not a big deal. She collects Monster High and Princess Leia merchandise. She buys anything with Leia. In case you are wondering, we actually met at TRU years ago in the Monster High section. I was looking for a Christmas present for my niece and was completely lost on what to buy. She helped me pick something out and then I asked her out.

My Mom even collects John Wayne stuff so she understands as well. People all over the world collect stuff. Just cause it's "toys" doesn't mean it's any different than shot glasses, lighthouses, Hummels....it's the same shit.
>>
>>6033895

Word. The reason I'm so big into toys is because I'm into the things they make toys of. Star Wars, comics, anime etc.

If I were awkward or ugly I'd probably be considered creepy but I'm not so it's cute.

It may be a double standard but I'm on the right side of it so fuck it.
>>
File: 20161124_032745.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_032745.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>6033893
Can't helped it. I like the design.
>>
File: HURF.gif (384KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
HURF.gif
384KB, 360x240px
>>6033893
Nothing. They've just accepted it and as long as I don't go too out of my way they don't question it.
>>
I make good money off toys so no on cares.

Did have a realtor make fun of me when she saw my Godzilla and Gundam shit, so I told her to leave and used someone who wasn't retarded instead.
>>
>>6033893
I always like making shit and slowly it became apparent i was a social retard, so it wasn't such a surprise i made use of two generations worth of LEGO.
>>
File: meowthquestion.png (369KB, 629x471px) Image search: [Google]
meowthquestion.png
369KB, 629x471px
>>6035520
This is sooo cool and I WANT ONE, how?
>>
I know you guys say that if you try and hide it it makes it look weird, but I'm scared to death that sometime will think I'm an innate child for having toys even if I don't treat it like a huge deal
>>
>>6034351
I don't talk about it to anyone but friends who are also into collecting. No one else finds it interesting so I talk about different mutual hobbies. Be a diverse person and you don't get judged, because more people relate to you!
>>
>>6034745
Expecting a worse reaction...
>>
My mom just shut down my brother collecting Pokémon cards, I'm afraid she may shut me down on action figures. BUT, He's doing it because his friends are doing it though, I do it because I enjoy it. I'm a little scared...
>>
>>6033893
You know Precious Moments and Hummel figurines?

It's like that.
>>
>>6035965
>She collects Monster High and Princess Leia merchandise. She buys anything with Leia.

yeah I'm in that situation too. mine is obsessed with Optimus Prime and Lara Croft. She buys anything with Lara on it
her what I call "secondary interests" as I call it
are Sailor Moon and believe it or not Power Rangers?!? but only original Jason David Frank Green/White Ranger.

but seriously having a woman with a specific interest like that makes gift giving so much easier!! for example last Christmas I got her a bunch of Tomb Raider stuff and it was like she won the lottery.
>>
File: 1477415290654.jpg (12KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1477415290654.jpg
12KB, 250x249px
>>6033893
My parents laugh at me sometimes but doesn't really give a fuck. My mother knows what stuff she absolutely has to not throw away, since I'm not leaving with them anymore

My girlfriend doesn't really care either, she only saying something when I spent to much on a figure or buy too much of them in a row (which is pretty rare since I don't want to be like some autistic fucks)

My friends find it pretty cool, especially the Star Wars stuff

One time my gf show her friends my collection and one of them thought my Kenner Aliens were dope as fuck

I don't look like a huge geek or autistic, I lift, I'm not a social retard and I own only a few geeks shirts that normies love, like Breaking Bad or GoT
>>
>>6033893
Nobody cares in my family since my mom loves collecting watches and shoes, my sister video games and light novels. I'm collect Transformers, Sentai mechs and a bunch of JRPGS from a franchise I really like.
>>
File: img_9976.jpg (877KB, 949x949px) Image search: [Google]
img_9976.jpg
877KB, 949x949px
im working on becoming a /artist/ so childish trinkets like sofubi can be written of as inspiration. If you have a odd career (tattoo artist/ musician/sculptor/comic writer) and a little bit of fame almost any hobby is justifiable
>>
>>6033893
I'm not weird, so I'm a normal enjoyable perosn, so whenever someone sees my toys 9 times outa 10 they won't care and will acutally ask to looks at all the stuff. I have some very cool toys.

and I'm 20, which I imagine would be a very critical time where having toys is weird, but it's not. Me and my gf go to the toy store all the time
>>
>>6034148
Exactly I also get the "you're so creative" or the "i wish i had a hobbie"
>>
>>6035520
Oh hey it's you, those plushies are rad. Where can I buy them?
>>
>>6035321
At least tell me you'd never fuck a kid...
>>
File: 1475681572303.jpg (52KB, 458x504px) Image search: [Google]
1475681572303.jpg
52KB, 458x504px
>>6033893
I'm married and my wife buys most of my shit as gifts.
>>
>>6040029
>I'm married and I need something to do when I'm in the cuck shed
>>
>>6033893
No explanation needs to be done, specially on Lego's and scale models. Nowadays people even find it interesting.

So unless you collect Chinese Loli Pregnant Futa Figures Hot Glue Edition, then there is nothing to worry.
>>
>>6033893
"I like toys."
>>
>>6033895
KeK, as simple as that.
>>
>>6034605
That's quite nice. Have a source on you?
>>
>>6033893
>explain your toys
Skip that. Explain the character. It's especially fun with there is NO character and you can just make them sound impressive. Easiest to do with Fate figma though since you can just make it all "historical".

I can't wait to explain Gilgamesh to my parents. Now that I say that, I bet they won't even ask when he's atop the computer.

Figures are great muses for writing simply because it's inspiring to look at how far someone else's writing has come, even if you don't dream of figures for anything you want to write.
>>
>>6036144
>Did have a realtor make fun of me when she saw my Godzilla and Gundam shit, so I told her to leave and used someone who wasn't retarded instead.
Hey I rememmber that story
>>
>>6043468
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 420x315px
>>6043708
Story time?
>>
>>6034605
That's the way society works. If a girl is an obsessive nerd it's cute. If a guy is, he's a creep.
>>
>>6043745
>That's the way society works. If a girl is an obsessive nerd it's cute. If an unattractive guy is, he's a creep.

Fixed that for ya, uggo
>>
>>6043765
Nobody bats an eye or questions my collection. You must not have very good reading comprehension since you missed the "obsessive" part.
>>
>>6035026
>>6034998
I did this a couple times, as like a thirteen year old to my friend's gi joes. Thought I was a fuckng brilliant comedian.
>>
>>6035310
>It shows us he knows his priorities. Toys should be a priority below all of those things."

What she didn't tell you is the silent priority: her.

I don't want to come off like I'm saying that's inherently wrong, it's just female instinct. Even though once you place them as a priority over having your own time and getting your own things done they'll leave too. The only answer is to be about you to a reasonable extent.

t. someone who's been in a couple of LTRs and dated casually while collecting toys
>>
>>6043879
>You must not have very good reading comprehension since you missed the "obsessive" part.
I'm attractive, so I don't need to have good reading comprehension.
>>
Last year I got a sweet motoko kusanagi Pvc, it was her outfit from SAC but with her trademark good TnA, and my mom said ”how appropriate" and then left my room
>>
>>6035241
My dad can't say much because he has thousands of comic books of his own, but i still watch sports and go hunting with him
>>
attractive toy/figure collector master race
>>
>"You collect toys?"
>"Yeah?"

if it doesn't stop there:

>"Aren't those for kids?"
>"Do kids have money?"

if it doesn't stop THERE:

>"Their parents do"
>"Parents don't have enough money for anything in this economy"
>>
>>6049869
Post pics.
>>
>>6033893
>Dad collects swords
>"they serve no purpose, but you like them, right? There's no reason you shouldn't have them if you like them, you think they're cool and it makes you glad you own them. That's toys to me."
>>
>>6039509
I remember seeing a interview with the comic book artist Arthur Adams and in his studio room he had the room walls covered with display shelves of Godzilla toys and models.

Also, the main production office JJ Abrams works out of has tons of toys on shelves
>>
I'm not self-conscious around the few people/close family I choose to associate with but I keep details of my personal life on lock-down around just about everyone else. I live in a place where being an extremely bohemian hipster or a gross redneck is kind of the norm. Most of the people I work with only care about "the struggle" and where their next cigarette is coming from. Having money to spend on robots would probably paint me as a priveleged fuck boi in any camp I have to assosciate with. I tend to be pretty articulate and inoffensive in my day-to-day interactions and it's worked out amazingly well but I do feel like I'm constantly submerging my personality because I don't share many meaningful touch-points with the folks here.
>>
>>6034248
Fuck you, you fucking fuck.
>>
>>6053400
Thanks you've made my night :D
>>
>>6033893
I tell them I am an artist, working with Lego as a medium (among others). I show them my portfolio of work including medical art I made with lego throughout medical school and then they seem pretty impressed. Lol jk no they smirk and I scuttle back to my mancave,
>>
>>6049887
This is one of the less good conversations you imagine yourself having when you're in the shower.
>>
File: 198008.jpg (140KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
198008.jpg
140KB, 600x780px
>>6033902
I know the feeling, I wanted to get this but I couldn't explain why she's half naked.
So I got the nendoroid instead and they still asked me about the show
>>
>>6054622
I know, right?

Same fear and doubt I suffered when I preordered but at the end when I had the figure in my hands I knew that no matter what, I would going to enjoy her even if my family made questions about why a she was naked.

I still haver her in my bedroom, just one time my mother asked me about her appearance and I just said something like this.

>anon, this toy you have looks fun and all but why is she dressed like a hooker?
>oh yeah, Ryuko, dont worry mom, she's a videogame character and her power comes from nudity
>uh, I see, well i kinda like it
>you can play with her whenever you want mom
>she laughs

I think I managed properly that situation, even If I didnt convince her, I didnt let the fear, doubt and that stuff to control my life

Best way to deal with awkward situations is mantaining your frame control, do not give a damn if they judge you, most of the time they wont do it.
>>
>>6054800
You did.
Before I sold my anime statues, I had $1000 worth of lewd girls. My Mom didn't really say anything about it, and my dad expressed that they were "hot" several times.

After, I sold everything, I started a collection of Hot Toys. To anyone reading this, don't start a collection of Hot Toys.
>>
>>6054622
>>6054800
Me explaining to my parents why I have a bunch of anime lolis on my bedside shelf actually went pretty well

>why are you buying girly toys
>because it's from a show i like
>what's the show about
>think magical girls and goethe's faust
>what's faust
>story of a german scholar who made a deal with the devil

End transcript.

I say I made it out fairly well.
>>
>>6054622
What pisses me off is that I got the figure at London mcm comic con, along with a neca alien and fnaf foxy and a gurren lagann boxset and besides the Alien they treated it like drugs when asking me first about the prices and then what it was.
WTF did they expect me to bring home a pikachu or something!
Sorry got a bit carried away there, but they made me limit what i could buy there when im Fing 18
>>
>>6054821
That's just how parents are. I have a $550 figure, and they were appalled when I told them the price. I did sell some stuff to help pay for it, but that's still a shit ton of money for something that'll sit on my desk. If the only thing you're wasting your money on is toys, your in a good position.
>>
>>6054831
>mlp
Yeah if I was your mom I'd be laughing at you too.
>>
>>6054835
The worst part I think is the thought that my parents may look up a character on say amazon and get something like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6/255-6343748-0057731?url=search-alias%3Dtoys&field-keywords=yoko+littner&sprefix=yoko+l%2Cdigital-music%2C231&crid=2G0Q67CU3IYDV
>>
File: 321.jpg (155KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
321.jpg
155KB, 720x1280px
Chairman Meow says I'm throwing my life away with my hobby. He's so suspicious of the 'Japanese menace.'
>>
>>6033895
mhm
>>
>>6042222
u jelly
>>
>>6057244
Whose chairman meow
>>
>>6043948
This is correct at least in my experience. My girl thinks my models and nazi obsession is cute, but sometimes it gets dredged up in an argument. The time or money I spend on them that is.
>>
>>6059791
>>nazi obsession
What the fuck?
>>
>>6033895
This. I'm attractive and I lift weights, so nobody really minds. Although the girls I bring home think the collection is cool as hell.
>>
>>6033893
>How do you explain your toys to your family or S.O.?

I'm an adult. I don't have to explain shit to anyone.
>>
>>6033893
I just equate it to whatever dumb expensive hobby they have.
>>
>>6061809
Yeah I mean, I wouldn't call myself a 10/10 but anybody that sees the shit I have just says "oh neat stuff man" and we just move on. The "gross manchild neet etc." angle is mostly fabricated from what I've experienced.
>>
>>6033893
My family doesn't care at all. It helps that my dad collects a lot of sports memorabilia, so he can understand why I buy all my toys and shit.
>>
File: CylqRQEUAAArvxV.jpg (179KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CylqRQEUAAArvxV.jpg
179KB, 1200x900px
>>6033893
Thinking about buying a body like pic related. I'll get a Wolverine or Arnie head with it and some clothes too. Nobody in my family will ever suspect that he's anatomically correct, wearing lingerie beneath and I'm gonna make lewd photos of him... Perfect plan.
>>
I don't have to. My family is nothing but a bunch of alcoholics, and I'm the first member of my immediate family to obtain a college degree. I'm also independent and have a beautiful girlfriend that accepts my hobby.
>>
>>6033893
>Having to explain your hobby to others to get their approval

Stay beta, faggot.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.