[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toy virgin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.jpg (27KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
27KB, 384x384px
Sup /toy/?
I just bought my first figure ever (pic related), I think I'll buy more, eventually.

What's /toy/'s opinion on collecting. Should I open it or keep it on it's box?
>>
>>6033323
Open it. Why buy it otherwise?
>>
Open it but keep the box and store it away safely in a closet or similar non-damp place. Having the box can help certain figures retain their value or provide an easy means of storing the figure and all it's parts if you decide to move.

You're buying these things to display them, set aside an area on your desk/shelf in your room or man(or girl)cave, pose it so it looks nice or cool (or cute) and enjoy it. Make sure you're not putting it anywhere that would expose it to:
>extreme heat
>UV rays (avoid putting it near windows)
>moisture
Doing so will help keep colors from fading. Generally, as long as you're not putting it right in a window or under a heater you're fine so don't worry too much.

Only two solid reasons to keep a toy in box is if it's part of a series you love but the figure itself might not be great or if you actually bought it because you liked how it looked in the box display.
>>
File: IMG_4084.jpg (295KB, 1330x1330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4084.jpg
295KB, 1330x1330px
I'd say take it out and play with it, especially since it's Japanese and you can put it back if you eventually sell it but no matter what you choose just be true to yourself and just know that we love you and we're proud of you, faggot.
>>
>>6033323
Why would you buy something and keep it in the box. They're toys, they have next to no long term collector value because big name franchises constantly have upgrades as standards change.

Ask any of the dumbfucks that thought their POTF2 collection would be worth anything. And the SHF Dragon Ball figures that skyrocket in price? Next generation of toys come, and they're the new Irwin shit.

You have a 1:500 chance of any given toy being worth more than retail 10 years from now. There's no reason to keep it in the box unless the box is a work of art unto itself.
>>
>>6033323
>I just bought my first figure ever

You never had figures when you were a kid?
>>
>>6033371
You had to buy your own toys as a kid?
>>
>>6033395
The fuck else do you do with your allowance, invest in an index fund?
>>
File: 1407033753641.gif (3MB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
1407033753641.gif
3MB, 390x293px
>>6033323
>Should I open it or keep it on it's box?
>>
>>6033323

Open it, of course. Play with it. Have fun!

Also get the Vulcanlog Sneaking Suit Snake. Much better figure in general because it's more in scale with the majority of random figures out there.
>>
>>6033401
I'm pretty sure he meant actual figure, not some shitty kids toy.
>>
>>6033639
It literally says
>You had to buy your own toys as a kid?
What kid is being gifted SHFiguarts?
>>
>>6033323
>Taking Venom out of the box

You fool, you'll jeopardize the sneaking mission if you do that.
>>
>>6033323
Aaahhhh thats reminds me yhat i lost cig of my bb.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.