[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buyer's Remorse General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (16KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 500x400px
What was your last /toy/ purchase you regretted, /toy/?

>Always wanted a Force FX Lightsaber
>Get one for $220
>Found it cool at first
>Put it on my desk
>Start to Realize that it's just going to sit there, gathering dust
>Don't like Star Wars' current path with Disney either
>>
>>6029114
Well anon, if you don't like it just stick it in your closet for a few years and sell it for 500 when they're scarce in the future.

I recommend hanging it, I used this to hang mine on the wall. http://www.saber-stand.com/
>>
>>6029114
Doesn't this happen to all toys?
>>
>>6029114
I bought the exact same lightsaber last year.

>buy on Hasbro's website fore $110 shipped because there was a sale going on
>hold onto it for a few weeks
>they sell out everywhere
>throw it on ebay for $450
>it sells in 2 hours
Feels good man. Now they're in stock everywhere.
>>
I have the Master Replicas Yoda lightsaber. It's been sitting around collecting dust for years.
>>
>>6030835
Jesus Christ, when did the Master Replicas get so expensive?
>>
File: IMG_4743.jpg (107KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4743.jpg
107KB, 1000x1500px
>>6029114
It would make more sense for you to own one of these if you were into cosplay.
>>
Just bought Vader's and Jedi Luke's today for $100 each at B&N. Couldn't pass them up at that price. But I plan on just hanging them with my vintage Revenge of the Jedi poster anyway, have no grand illusions that I'll be playing with them all the time.
>>
File: 29862425714_386a06a0e1.jpg (66KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
29862425714_386a06a0e1.jpg
66KB, 351x500px
>>6029114
>What was your last /toy/ purchase you regretted, /toy/?
This. She's cute but the gear came out pretty bad and she's annoying to pose and totally not worth the cost. I'm done with Figma now unless they come out with an absolute must have or start slashing prices (which I know won't happen).
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 752x730px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 752x730px
These two. They're not terrible figures, just not my favorite versions of characters I don't even really give a shit about. Total impulse buy.

>>6031934

I liked her it she wasn't as cool as I thought she'd be. The mags are a pain in the ass to put in the pouches and just fall out, her skirt is too restrictive and her action skirt doesn't really hold onto the torso very well. They really phoned it in on the paint apps too. It's the worst Figma since Bruce Lee.
>>
>>6031934
>>6031956
She's THAT BAD?
Man I forgot to pick her up, and was planning to when I got paid next. Dodged a bullet I guess
>>
>>6031985
Wait for clearance if you must buy it.
>>
All of my robot damashii.

They were neat until I built my first model kit and realised how insanely poor a value they were.
>>
I got 3 of the Force FX lightsabers back when they first came out like 10+ years ago. Had the Obi Wan, Anakin and Darth Vader ones. Experienced the same thing, was fucking awesome for about an hour, playing with my cousins and dueling, then it's just kinda pointless.

I eventually ended up giving them away to the kids of friends of my parents a few years ago, hopefully those kids enjoyed them for longer than I did.
>>
>>6032001
Nowadays yeah, but gunpla engineering has improved leaps and bounds over the last few years. Before that damashiis were the only way to get your favourite suits with a good range of articulation.

I still think there's a place for the damashii line since they can take liberties with certain designs that otherwise wouldn't work as model kits.
>>
>>6031956
>just not my favorite versions of characters I don't even really give a shit about
But why even buy them at that point? While not perfect, they're basically the best Lupin figures available right now.

>Total impulse buy.
Oh, well that makes more sense then.
>>
>>6031934
>>6031956
>The mags are a pain in the ass to put in the pouches and just fall out, her skirt is too restrictive and her action skirt doesn't really hold onto the torso very well.

I can live with the softer paint apps since the artwork actually depicts the style that way, but what pisses me off are the mags and handgun that can easily slip out of their pockets/holster. They should have made the pockets in softer plastic with a slightly smaller build to them so they'd grip onto the magazines better. Because it is, you'd have to be really delicate with how you pose her (basically have her upright all the time) else everything starts falling off.
>>
>>6032001

Well, at the very least you can resell robot damashiis. Not much market for used/assembled gunpla.
>>
File: DSC04020.jpg (2MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04020.jpg
2MB, 2592x3872px
>>6031956
>>6031985
>>6032351

My BIGGEST gripe with her is that if you build the rifle with the extended stock she can't hold it in the forward firing position. You have to angle it to the side like pic related
>>
NECA Bioshock infinite Mecha Patriot

i dont even like figures
>>
>>6031924
that sounds like an amazing price. I'll check my B&N but last I saw there was a ROTJ Luke for like 200
>>
>>6029114
Figuarts Black Widow. The sculpt doesn't look nice in the prototype and I don't even have any other Avenger toy . Figure looks way better on hand, tho. Still, it was a thinking-with-my-dick buy. Might sell e-bay her some day
>>
>>6033359
They were $150 retail, but marked 25% off, plus another 10% off for members. Came to $101 and change each, plus tax. I considered holding off for Black Firday to see if there might be any better deals, but doubted I'd see anything much better.
>>
>>6033146
>discontent over extending a stock and expecting a little girl to aim a full sized gun too
i take it she's supposed to be 6'12" and 205.1lbs?
>>
File: vulogbaikan1.jpg (197KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
vulogbaikan1.jpg
197KB, 600x600px
70 bucks for something that in the end turned out to be nothing more than a normal Revoltech that once sold for 20, with the same engineering and quality issues.
>>
File: trap.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
trap.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
Got it on sale, didn't know what it was from/who it was, thought it looked cool. Turned out to be an avatar for a male character from an anime that many consider to be crap. Also didn't know that the blade slot was keyed, so the handle split apart and doesn't grip the blade anymore.
>>
>>6033897

I expect her to be able to handle her own accessories, you twat
>>
>>6029114
ThreeA's TF2 Robo Heavy. For the price it was pretty simple, just a hollow shell with a sloppy paint job. the fingers were a pain to get the hold the gun. Also it binned like crazy so I can't even sell it for what I paid since I got tired of tf2 soon after.
>>
>>6029114
NECA Ultimate Gipsy Danger. The right arm broke, the paint ran off in my hands, and it wasn't as posable as I thought it would be.
>>
Half my shit
>>
>>6034720
This.

I really need to stop buying low end garbage
>>
>>6029114
Well, it's a light saber replica, what did you expected? There are about two things you can do with it, put it on a wall and never mess with it or turning it on and going ZUUum ZUUuum untill you start feeling like and idiot and then putting it one the wall not to mess with it.
>>
>>6033901
So, half the reason you didn't like it is because other people's opinions on the show and not necessarily on the toy?
>>
>>6033898
Japan's economy is about to collapse. No-one's talking about it but the government is about to cross the threshold where it can no longer repay the national debt or all the bonds its been investing in.

I suspect a lot of Japanese companies know this and are trying to soak up some cash while there's still time.
>>
I start to care less about my toys the longer I have them for. So I tend to not really regret any of my purchases knowing that I can enjoy them while I care about the fact that I own them.
>>
File: phasma.jpg (498KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
phasma.jpg
498KB, 1280x1707px
>>6042261
Oh wait. I regret this after still having her in PO after having seen the movie and finding her black series version.
>>
>>6042267
My friend asked me to preorder one of these for him with my amiami monthly cause he was hyped for the movie.

He saw the movie, then, after I'd already done payment and everything and had it on the way, told me he didn't want it anymore.

THAT'S NOT HOW THIS WORKS
>>
>>6042256
Wouldn't surprise me.
See: Evolution Toy
Their engineering is beyond pathetic, they're almost exclusively plastic, they were beaten at their own magnet gimmick game by H.L PRO with their Denjikou Jeeg (which also was like 1/3rd metal) and yet their figures can cost more than high-end Gokins.
It becomes especially laughable with releases like Godmars or Gordian where perfect transformation toys already existed for years while theirs are crude parts-swapping figures for about the same price.
>>
>>6042267
>>6042344
I don't know what everyone's deal was regarding that. Sure the character sucked ass in the film, but it's still a cool design/good figure. And she's apparently coming back in the next one, so there's still hope that they'll give her something to do
>>
>>6032440
Actually there is, depending on the price. If they're assembled but not painted there are a lot of mosdelers that will buy them.
>>
File: canary.jpg (35KB, 683x800px) Image search: [Google]
canary.jpg
35KB, 683x800px
This is going to strange but I bought a canary, basically because I wanted to make it swoop from its cage and grab my army men because I wanted to simulate bird attacks.

Fucking huge waste of money. I accidentally crushed both its feet with a fucking Optimus Prime figure (he was saving the army men) and now it just hobbles on its perch all day drinking and eating seeds.
>>
>>6042347
The character was built up on total hype in the marketing materials, then did worse than nothing in the movie. I understand the blowback.

She's a coward hypocrit. That's her character.
>>
>>6042457
didn't stop people from loving starscream
>>
>>6042267
Atleast the figure is decent, even if her character in the movie was pretty much nothing.
>>
>>6042462
Star scream was always a weasel asshole though. That's WHY we liked him.

They acted like phasma was going to be the next boba fett.
>>
>>6032001
Yeah me too, the only RD's that I don't regret buying are the A.N.I.M.E versions. Even before getting them on clearance they are a pretty good deal with all the accessories they come with.
>>
File: LukeROTJsaber-MR.jpg (23KB, 390x425px) Image search: [Google]
LukeROTJsaber-MR.jpg
23KB, 390x425px
>>6031924
I want a Jedi Luke one, but I just keep getting bothered by how thick the hilt is in parts, unlike the screen prop.
>>
>>6042482
I think it's because the thinness makes it structurally weak if you try to bash the lightsaber against something...that being said, Saberforge's Prodigal Son looks really nice.
>>
>>6042454
Kek.
>>
>>6042482
I feel you, man. I'm just trying to save up for Saberforge's. I could buy the Champion level one now, but, if I'm gonna do it I'm going all out and getting the Crystal one that's like $550. Might as well go all in for my favorite Lightsaber.
>>
>>6031801
Old Adolf lives out beyond the Dune Sea. He's sort of a strange old bigot.
>>
>>6042468
>They acted like phasma was going to be the next boba fett.
Phasma WAS the next Boba Fett though. Boba Fett didn't do much either and died a dumbass death. Much like Phasma, all he did was look cool.
>>
>>6043712
Boba Fett

>Talked back to Vader
>Successfully delivered Han to Jabba
>Has an embarrassing death but at least it's a combo of Luke and Han that kill him

Phasma

>Sells her army out and gets thrown in a trash compactor

Boba Fett wins.
>>
File: 20161129_151023_HDR.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_151023_HDR.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>6042516
Saberforge does a pretty good job with their sabers, but they take a long time to get. When I ordered mine. I did it back in october and just got it no less than 2 weeks ago.

Pic related, is my saber
>>
>>6044078
I think that looks kinda bad. Just my opinion though.
>>
>>6034691
I feel this way about all of the NECA PacRim toys other than the 7" Cherno Alpha, which I love.

I'm glad that I never got the 18" versions.
>>
>>6033901
>hamhands something
>gets buyer's remorse
uh huh
>>
>>6043712
Boba fett had moments of competence, like when he figured out how han would evade the empire at the asteroid belt, and when he noticed luke on bespin.

Phasma folded like a cheap lounge chair at the first provocation.
>>
>>6032001
The point of RDs is durability. Gunpla polycaps get worn and loose if you pose them too much

>>6033146
I'm no /k/ nut but that's how you're supposed to hold a rifle with a stock
>>
>>6029114
I have the Kylo Ren FX saber, its unboxed and it just sits in my room. Can I still make money off it even though its been unboxed?
>>
>>6049345
Mount it on the wall, idiot.
>>
>>6042454
Retard. For fucks sake anon.
>>
How long does the battery last in these lightsabers? Can you leave it lit on a wall for extended periods of time?
>>
>>6049322

>I'm no /k/ nut but that's how you're supposed to hold a rifle with a stock

She can only hold it to the side. She can't fire directly in front of her
>>
File: 1480287008844.png (308KB, 492x419px) Image search: [Google]
1480287008844.png
308KB, 492x419px
>>6042454
Kek
>>
>>6033146
>My BIGGEST gripe with her is that if you build the rifle with the extended stock she can't hold it in the forward firing position. You have to angle it to the side like pic related

she's a small japanese girl, of course she will not be able to hold it in the forward firing position with the stock extended. Just because the stock can be extended does not mean you can use it that way if you are a small build. you know like a real person with a real gun.

She hold it just fine in her own stock setting.
>>
File: Girl-shooting-a-machine-gun.jpg (72KB, 634x423px) Image search: [Google]
Girl-shooting-a-machine-gun.jpg
72KB, 634x423px
>>6034399
>I expect her to be able to handle her own accessories
So you pretend she's a 6'5" 200lb little girl? Because that's the only way a little girl could ever hold a real gun the way you want her to.

Also, did this banner disappear from 4chan?
Doesn't seem to come up anymore.
>>
>>6054077

Its not a Figma concept, its Tomytec.

The bitch is literally built around her gun. Her entire existence and purpose for being created in the first place is predicated on that rifle.

The least they could do is incorporate better shoulders so she can hold the weapon she was created for.
>>
File: LawIsTestingMe.jpg (125KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
LawIsTestingMe.jpg
125KB, 640x800px
I haven't bought it (yet), but I fear if I do it'll become a purchase I regret. I've been bouncing back and forth for months.

>Not one of my favorite characters
>Not getting any of the other figures in set (including a character I actually DO like)
>Expensive as fuck
>Still keep coming back to the stupid thing

I keep hoping reviews will come out that says it's shit....but it's a P.O.P line figure. Odds are slim.
>>
>>6054491
What the fuck are you LITERALLY talking about? The rifle has two stocks for larger or smaller figures. You don't put the extended stock on the small girl figure you fucking dunce, if you super glued it that way, you're the retard here. She even features telescopic shoulders to facilitate better range of motion and ability to grip the rifle properly. If you don't know how to pose figures and manipulate them, that's on you, but don't shit on an actual good figure because of it.
>>
>>6055325
>Law
>statueshit
>fujobait
Three strikes.
>>
>>6056443

Show me the forward firing position with the extended stock then.
>>
He's not terrible but in comparison to the Hot Toys Deadpool he's completely overshadowed. I should have waited for Hot Toys to announce theirs, but whatever, wasn't even that expensive.
>>
>>6058685
Show me a small Japanese school girl using the extended stock . They dont use it because it will be too long for them .
>>
>>6058994

No, no, Anon. You said it couldn't be done because I wasn't posing it properly and making the best out her shoulders so whip out a picture.
>>
>>6059064
I'm not that anon, but if you are posing it with extended stock, then you are not posing it properly.

I get the feeling you do not understand the difference between optional and compatible.

having the stock collapsed or extended is a optional feature on a rifle. you set it to what's best for you.

small girls are not compatible with extended stock, so what should you do? common sense is that you don't freakin extend them. but for you, common sense is not that common.
>>
>>6059766

So what you're saying is that she can't hold her accessory? Right? Right?

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>6059977
and you can't drive with the seat pull back due to your short legs? are you gonna complain on that too? wait I got a better one, do you take a shit with the toilet lid closed because that's what you are saying, since the lip can open and close so you will need to try it out in both position . ~_*
>>
>>6061267

I wasn't specifically built for my car or toilet.

Why would they create a figure around a gun she can't hold? And stop acting like the M4 is this impossibly long musket.
>>
>>6059064
>>6059977
>>6061526

You're a fucking retard. I've been following along with this for a while laughing at you but now I'm joining in. I have no idea what character this is or what from, but guns are mass produced and optionable items just like cars and toilets. Unless you tell me that she made her gun from scratch to specifically fit her and nobody else and she is the only one that ever uses that gun and there is nothing else like it, then you're right.

But if thats not the case, then you're reaching autism levels of comprehension. They included an extended stock so characters besides her can use the gun if you want to. The company that made the toy is doing you a nice favor and you're shitting your pants over it.
>>
File: IMG_8076.jpg (197KB, 400x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8076.jpg
197KB, 400x590px
>>6061551

She WAS specifically made for that gun.

Of course you doubt know that because you're talking out of your ass. The figure isn't from an anime or anything else, she's the bitch from the Tomytec M4 box.

In other words she was built from scratch, to accommodate a rifle she can't even hold in a forward firing position.

If we were talking about some Girl und Panzer or unrelated shit you might have a point but the figure is literally created for the weopon and she can't even hold it.

But by all means chime in with your opinion on shit you admittingly don't know shit about
>>
>>6061649

Thanks for proving my point even further. She was created for the gun, the gun wasn't created for her. The M4 is a real gun that they recreated as a toy and threw in a nice looking animegirl with it.

You're bitching that malibu barbie can't drive the Mattel convertible with the seat all the way back, when the product you bought was the Mattel convertible that came with a barbie. You bought the Tomytec M4 that came with an animegirl. You bought a gun that can be used with options in any number of ways and are bitching that the freebee they threw in can't use it like a real girl can't use it.
>>
>>6061888

But wait, you've proved MY point to its furthest.

Why would a figure specifically created for the rifle NOT be designed to be able to hold it?
>>
>>6061928

Because it can hold it, without the extended stock. Tomytec wanted a petite anime girl as their figure to go along with it. Was it a good choice? Maybe not, considering they could have done a big guy or an adult woman or a robot, but thats like asking why does a mildly successful pizza restauraunt not change their menus to tofu because it would be a better choice. Because thats what the business wants to do. Tomytec wanted to have a lil anime girl, and they made one, and there's nothing wrong with her as a figure and theres nothing wrong with the gun. Theres nothing wrong with the way she holds the gun. Theres nothing wrong with anything they are doing besides maybe stylistically choosing a "better" mannequin for their product. But just because the mannequin they gave you for a prop you bought doesnt work with the way you want to use it is just as dumb as saying she can't fire it with her feet or under her knees. Its doesnt function that way. An extended stock is not for a small girl, they include it for using the prop you bought with larger figures.
>>
>>6061649
>is using the collapsed stock on the box art
>still insists on shitting himself because he permanently superglued the extended stock and now can't pose with it properly

How can you be such a fucking dumbass?
>>
Almost everything when I have very little money in the bank lol
>>
>>6033901
just glue it back together, and enjoy it as a awesome looking figma, it's a cool generic merc at the least. Do some cool fight poses & photo seshes with other figures or some shit.
>>
>>6055325
If you got the money do what you want, it's a statue so if it looks like that it's perfect for what it is. But all it's gonna do is sit there...
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.