[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Donating old toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I have some old toys with accessories (such as Revoltechs) that I'm gonna donate, has anyone had experience with that? Should I put in the accessories in a ziploc bag together and give it it to a place like Goodwill? I don't want them hamhand it and split them up.
>>
File: 1468028388393.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1468028388393.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
I used to work at a charity place, we sorted out the donations and such.

I mean for where I worked, if something came with a little bag of stuff taped to it, we'd keep them together. People would just chuck loose lego, rc cars and all that, but nothing was together so we had to toss it instead of wasting time putting it together ourselves.

I can't speak for all of them but if you tape a little bag of pieces to whatever, they should try and keep them together.

Failing that, could just do the same thing but in a box so everything will stay together even when being jostled and sorted.
>>
>>6029018
the thought is great OP, but the reality is that some fucker is going to cherry pick the good shit and profit while poor kids get squat.

i know someone that currently works for goodwill and even his square ass has cherry picked tvs/electronics/games at his drop off location. its a wonder anything decent makes it to the store.

might as well gift that stuff to some random anons on here.
>>
>>6029182
>but the reality is that some fucker is going to cherry pick the good shit and profit while poor kids get squat.
This.

And anything that is good that the employees/managers don't want goes up on their auction page.
>>
I did donate pretty much all my toys, but stuff like my Legos or more quality things I'd give to young relatives.
Because I wanted to give some stuff to people I knew they'd care for.

>>6029182
Is very accurate, I did work on thing like this but I'm a church, and even there I'd see people cherry picking stuff for themselves, if anything your revoltechs will be showing up in auctions on the internet and never end on a kid's hand.
What you could try is finding an orphanage or something and directly give it to some of the kids. ( That if the staff doesn't take it away from them and sell it anyway )

Donating it to some anons here might be a good idea too, if you find anyone that lives near you
>>
>>6029538
In a church*

Goddam phone typos
>>
>>6029259
>>6029182
>revoltech
>good
>profit
you are idiots
>>
>>6029018
toys like that are never getting to kids. they only give them stuff without accessories and that no small kid can swallow so all stuff like that gets put aside and either someone in administration takes it home or it goes into the trash.
To charities either donate toys in the box or large toys, you should donate stuff like gijoes or something like that (even those dont expect the guns to arrive to the kids, just donate the toy accessory less)
>>
>>6029551
one man's junk
>>
>>6029551
you have to go back
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.