[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Variable Action Heroes Customer Support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161118_181636.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161118_181636.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Gin's hand peg snapped right off, and I'm usually not a hamhander.

Anyone had experience with Megahouse customer service? How about Amiami?
>>
>>6027170
My Chopper from them exploded. He was defective. Ami claimed it was shipping damage and because I didn't use tracking they said they couldn't help. I never tried Megahouse.
>>
>>6027185
Seems like a ton of people had this problem

http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/30977/comments/#p-10
>>6010218

Which is unfortunate because he's a great figure otherwise.
>>
>>6027170
I have 4 VAH figures and there have been times I've seen the joints stressing under regular use that make me scared.

I like the figures, but the line has a lot of growing to do.
>>
>>6027170
Damn im scared to even attempt changing his hands ever again now.
>>
>>6027225
If you ever do, use a hair dryer before removing the hands. Or you could make the hole bigger by using a drill.
>>
>>6027170
This is going to be a bullshit post if you don't want to do it, but if CS from MH fails, order a set of Hobby Base flesh tone sphere joints for a replacement.

More on topic: I've dealt with Bandai Japan's CS (Bandai owns Megahouse, so I'm assuming there's parallels) and they refused to help due to me being outside of Japan. Hope you don't have a similar experience.
>>
File: DSC_0534.jpg (600KB, 1000x878px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0534.jpg
600KB, 1000x878px
I got him on Monday. I knew about the wrist joint issue because of /toy/ so I heated the hands with my hairdryer when swapping. I doubt I will ever change his hands again.

Megahouse won't help you.
>>
OP here, so no luck from Amiami. They said to contact the manufacturer directly.

One silver lining is as >>6027368 said, the joint can be fairly easily replaced. I'm waiting HLJ to ship the flesh color joint because currently I just have the lighter flesh colored one
>>
Reading this thread pretty much solidified my decision to stay away from the entire line. Bandai are fucking cunts for not supporting people outside of Japan. This is part of the reason i've more or less switched all my purchases over to Max Factory due to their excellent global customer service.
>>
>>6028707
Mind if I asked which joints those are?
>>
>>6028707
Also, have you tried it with the light colored joint? How does it look?
>>
>>6028707
>I'm waiting HLJ to ship the flesh color joint because currently I just have the lighter flesh colored one
They're honestly not too different in color. I was really surprised, they look almost the same. But most if it will be hidden.
>>
File: footstool.jpg (320KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
footstool.jpg
320KB, 1280x1600px
>>6027397
man... Boa so good..
>>
>>6028999
I ordered this particular one
https://hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-T10

>>6029014
No, you'd have to drill into the forearm and the hand a little bit. I want to wait until I have the perfect joint for that rather than going YOLO with the slightly lighter joint that I have.
>>
>>6029521
Thanks for the info! I'm curious to see what it will look like, please share whenever you do try it. I ordered a couple sets of those ball joints as well. Can't hurt to have them on hand.
>>
>>6029373
She's ok.

If the hip joints weren't so loose and the skirt was designed a bit differently....

But yes, I am happy with her. I worry that Sanji will have the same designed wrist joints as Gintoki and I'm gonna lose my everyloving mind.
>>
>>6027346
>make the hole bigger by using a drill
Thats what i did to my luffy and hancock's hands with my pin vise. I did not like how thin the pegs were so i widened the pegholes a bit more. They come off much easier now but arent too loose that they fall off
>>
>>6027346
Also, I noticed the holes in the "default" hands are slightly larger than the holes in the extra hands, so you can use that as a reference when deciding how big the hole should be before drilling. From my experience, the default hands aren't very hard to switch out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.