[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait for GX-72 or go with Legacy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

File: GX-72.jpg (207KB, 1201x1500px) Image search: [Google]
GX-72.jpg
207KB, 1201x1500px
So I have been debating on just getting the reissued Legacy series (2015) of the instead of waiting for the Bandai Tamashii Nations Soul of Chogokin Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Action Figure that is supposed to come out in July of next year. Do you think it would be worth the wait and the extra money?

I could get the Megazord and the Dragonzord for about 400 total but the GX-72 is 299 but it's beautiful.

Also, if I do go with the Legacy line, should I go for the 2013 20th anniversary or just go for the re releases? The goal is to get an Ultrazord if I didn't wait for the GX-72
>>
File: titanus.jpg (42KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
titanus.jpg
42KB, 500x415px
>>6026454
Bumpin with Titanus...Is this worth 500 dollars?
>>
Get the Chogokin

/thread
>>
File: Legacy 2015.jpg (200KB, 1072x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy 2015.jpg
200KB, 1072x1500px
>>6026455
This is the Legacy version I'm talking about
>>
>>6026457
That thing's so bad it might as well be a statue
>>
File: Dragonzord.jpg (178KB, 1500x1351px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonzord.jpg
178KB, 1500x1351px
>>6026457
>>6026456
If I get the Chogokin then I can't make the ultrazord

Third piece the Dragonzord for 170
>>
File: Ultrazord.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ultrazord.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
>>6026459
This would be display purposes only.
>>
>>6026457
If you can get the legacy for retail, I'd say go for that, as there is no guarantee they'll make a SoC Dragonzord. Though the thing is not worth the after market price at all.
>>
>>6026461
>>6026459
>>6026456
It's either these three to make this or just the Chogokin
>>
>>6026455
No not at all. Apart from it's size there is nothing about the figure that is worth more than $100.
>>
>>6026462
I could get the megazord new for $234.99. Im not really sure what they are retail
>>
>>6026465
Honestly I'm probably just going to get the Legacys minus Titanus. 400 is a lot anyway
>>
>>6026461
Man I want this so bad. It's like the holy grail. I remember when this first came out, my parents couldn't afford buying me all of them so I always wanted it in the back of my mind.
>>
there is like 2 fucking power ranger threads, keep it in there.

why the fuck are power ranger fans so fucking retarded? the toky guys keep it in their shit
>>
File: zord display.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
zord display.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
>>6026472
Forgot to post the collection Im envying
>>
>>6026472
>Tfw you have the Legacy Megazord and Dragonzord, but you didn't move quick enough to get Titanus
>Reissue never ever
You don't know what true suffering is.
>>
>>6026456
>/threading your own post

Jesus christ newfag, learn how memes work before you use them.
>>
>>6026474
Oh no, somebody's wasting precious space on one of the slowest boards on 4chan!

OP specifically wants to discuss the Legacy Zords. If you want discussion limited to "generals" about entire toy lines instead of certain pieces or sublines, you're probably autistic and should go back to Rangerboard.

Anyway, the problem with the Legacy Zords, except for the Megazord since it was designed as a toy first instead of an "adult collectible", is that they look good as individual units but suck hard when you try to combine them. The Dragonzord is beautiful, but any of its combinations with the Megazord are unstable and shaky. The Tigerzord is solid in both modes, but he's the only one. I guess if you're just going to combine them and never touch them they're okay, but if you enjoy the actual process of transforming and assembling Megazords you'll be disappointed.

If you do decide to check them out, Dragonzord is being reissued pretty soon and I think they confirmed some additional regular Titanuses would be made alongside the black and gold one (although I may be making that up). Don't pay those secondary market prices just yet.
>>
>>6026482
>He thinks /thread is a meme

/thread

>>6026474
So they are the same as Transformer fans?
>>
File: Ultrazord & Ha-Oh.jpg (256KB, 1000x875px) Image search: [Google]
Ultrazord & Ha-Oh.jpg
256KB, 1000x875px
>>6026454

The Legacy is shit, worse than the original toy and without the appeal of it being the classic figure, and the SoC is probably the best version we will ever get. It's not even a choice.

>>6026460
>If I get the Chogokin then I can't make the ultrazord

Fuck the Ultrazord, I own the original (pic related) and I still think the SoC is a better choice for someone who doesn't own either.
>>
>>6026460

If the SOC is popular enough, Bandai will follow through with plans they no-doubt already have for a chogokin Dragonzord. You wanna miss out on that action?
>>
>>6026454
I hope the SOC megazord will actually have articulation, I mean I can understand no articulation if its for kids but the legacy is for collectors
>>
>>6026705
>I hope the SOC megazord will actually have articulation

It's a freaking SoC, of course it has articulation. Can't you see the elbows, for starters?
>>
File: daizyujinovertheyears.jpg (969KB, 2904x1668px) Image search: [Google]
daizyujinovertheyears.jpg
969KB, 2904x1668px
>>6026454
Made this for the toku thread to show off the differences, but this seems much more relevant to post it in. Used pics of the US original release, because it was all I could find at the time. US release on the left, the SoC in the center, and the Legacy on the right.

The differences are pretty astounding all around, especially going from Legacy to SoC. It's interesting to see what we haven't gotten before in toy form:

>The Tyranno's claws and mouth cannons were never fully realized before
>The Tyranno's chest mark was always flat before
>The Sabertooth never got its head sculpt right.
>The Sabertooth is finally free of that permanently ready-to-pounce posture.
>Aside from the 2010 release, all previous versions of the Mammoth's head was grey for some reason.
>Mammoth's snout guns were never sculpted and its snout could never move backward for shield mode
>The back of the Pterodactyl has never been properly filled in.
>The eyes of the Legacy Pterodactyl are too far back.
>The Triceratops' eyes and limb treads are sculpted right now, with the limbs having proper girth.

Really, if you can only get the Legacy for $234.99 the lowest, I really think you are better off giving a little more for the SoC. The Legacy Megazord suffers a lot from being repurposed from a cheap 2010 remake of the DX toy, unlike most of the other Legacy releases which were built from the ground up.

The best thing the Legacy can do is look slightly more realistically humanoid than the others. Everything else about it is really subpar though. I think its time in the spotlight is done.
>>
File: zyumammoth.jpg (63KB, 711x519px) Image search: [Google]
zyumammoth.jpg
63KB, 711x519px
>>6026782
>Aside from the 2010 release, all previous versions of the Mammoth's head was grey for some reason.

That's because it was grey in the show, pic related.

Btw, I noticed something two hours ago, they fucked up the trunk paint on the SoC. It isn't suppesed to be completely silver, the part that connects to the face should be the same color as the rest of the head.
>>
>>6026782
>The best thing the Legacy can do is look slightly more realistically humanoid than the others.

As a trade-off the Tyrannosaurus knees have those shitty pegs and don't connect to the Sabertooth Tiger and Triceratops the same way as they did in the show. And those long legs doesn't even look that good in Megazord mode, so fuck that.

It also has obvious silver pins on the forearms, the wheels don't work, the Triceratops tail cannon can't rotate, the Pterodactyl back is completely grey and the kneecap decorations on the tails are too low. Other than the sentai-accurate stickers, the Legacy is worse than the original.
>>
File: 20160817_025936-1.jpg (384KB, 1344x1503px) Image search: [Google]
20160817_025936-1.jpg
384KB, 1344x1503px
>>6026454
I would honestly say just wait. The Megazord is a fucking joke because it's a half-assed remold of the cheap one that came out in like 2008 and it looks like total shit against the higher detailing of the newer legacy releases.

Dragonzord is actually alright, but not really worth the aftermarket prices and Titanus wasn't really worth what you were getting even when it was on sale for half the msrp.

The only reason I would recommend the legacy releases is if you want to make janky shit with the zord builder ports.
>>
>>6026475
Yea good luck. The legacy ultrazord flops over hard. Idiots designed the gloves with diecast, but there is no counter weight.
>>
>>6026588
>Dragonzord is being reissued pretty soon

Really? This is the first I've heard of it and I haven't seen the black and gold one move that well.
>>
>>6026647
Ah I love HaOh
>>
>>6026837

Pretty much all Legacy releases (other than the Tigerzord as far as i know) have some stupid shit going on that makes me think they were designed by someone who only cared about looks. It's like they tried to make them look more accurate proportion-wise but forgot what "common sense" means in the process.

They added balljoints to the body of the Red Dragon Thunderzord but they're floppy as fuck and the belly cover piece doesn't even attach anywhere, the Thunder Megazord upper torso bends forward, the Ninja Megazord has new joints on the legs and improved proportions but they totally fucked up on the hinder legs of the bear and they don't really lock into place in Megazord mode, so each time you move the arms they also move, and the way to attach the Falconzord to it's back is one of the most ridiculously crappy connections I've ever seen on a transforming robot.
>>
>>6026851
>they totally fucked up on the hinder legs of the bear and they don't really lock into place in Megazord mode, so each time you move the arms they also move

You just hold it in place when moving an arm. It's not hard.
>>
>>6026843
Up for preorder on BBTS broseph.
>>
>>6026874
It's not hard, but it's retarded and a desing flaw. Parts used in the transformation should lock in both modes. A 20 years old toy got that right and a collector figure can't replicate it? Fuck that.
>>
>>6026454
Get the SOC if you have the money. If you don't, get the Super Mini-Pla. The preorder opened today.
>>
>>6026454
when I saw the SoC for the first time, I felt real bad about all the people who paid so much money for the legacy one. Zord builder ports, lol.
>>
>>6027153
Well the legacy release is worth the retail price, but I do feel bad for the idiots who bought it at the retarded aftermarket prices.

Especially as when it first came out it ended up on clearance.
>>
>>6027153
I can't believe there are people still sperging about Zord Builder. They're universal connectors, that's all they are. Calm down.
>>
>>6027153
well the original legacy megazord was 30 bucks before the huge fucking markup
>>
File: titanus-clearance.jpg (334KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
titanus-clearance.jpg
334KB, 1024x1365px
>>6026455
$500? Good thing this happened. No way I would pay that 500 bucks. It doesn;t even have the electronics.
>>
>>6026460
Dragonzord is getting reissued.
>>
>>6028271
>Tit anus
>>
Is this the SoC thread? I just have the old Combattler I got from some guy reasonably cheap and I want more. What's the best place to buy them? For years I want Ideon but prices vary so much over different websites and I don't know who to trust
>>
File: 20161120012532.png (520KB, 1123x563px) Image search: [Google]
20161120012532.png
520KB, 1123x563px
>>6026454
Or you could go with this little guy if you just want something to play with and in a tight budget
Can combine, nice proportion and has decent articulation for it's size
>>
>>6029260
candy toy?
>>
>>6029260
but dem stickers will be ugly as fuck, so you gotta paint em
>>
File: 1479466291978.jpg (160KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479466291978.jpg
160KB, 1200x1200px
>>6029268
You got it

>>6029276
After seeing this company's cobimeable GGG
I am modestly optimistic
>>
>>6028751

ebay has some very reasonably-priced Ideons from HK and JP. Mandarake should also be a good go-to if you can find any listings.
>>
>>6029372
Cool, thanks. Those HK sellers from ebay have stuff so much cheaper with so many "it's not a botleg we swear" all over the descriptions that it makes me suspicious though
>>
>>6029533

HK sellers are okay anon, trust me. I've been buying from them for quite a bit, and I've never been burned with bootlegs.

If your dealer's from mainland China then definitely be concerned, but if it's HK you're okay. Just make sure to go through paypal whenever you pay so you can dispute it if on the off-chance you're fucked.
>>
>>6029533
There's really only a few toylines that you have to be wary of bootlegs for. Things like Play Arts, Masterpiece Transformers, and anything from Goodsmile Company I'd never buy from an HK/Chinese seller.

The Ideon kit will be fine though. Outside of Transformers there isn't much in the way of robot toy knockoffs (except for Gunpla but those are easy to spot because the packaging tends to be different)
>>
Did they ever make a rerelease of the original Dragonzord mold? Not the Legacy version but the original with the gray parts and non articulate tail?
>>
File: thunderzord.jpg (512KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
thunderzord.jpg
512KB, 3264x2448px
I have one of these lying around from when I was a kid, is it desirable at all?
>>
>Put Legacy Tigerzord arms on Legacy Ninjazord
>I now have the most poseable mainline zord ever
>>
There's always the SRC, too. I really like mine, although I have no idea what the price is like on it anymore.
>>
>>6029260

Where can i find out more about this? I want to know as much as possible, also what size and scale will it be? how much smaller than the original 90s megazord?
>>
>>6030549
No. There's a good chance all those molds are lost forever since they're really only meant to be manufactured for one or to years.
>>
>>6031583
http://hlj.com/product/bann09859

They are smaller model kits.
>>
>>6026455
>>6026476
It's being re-released along side the black and gold version.
>>
>>6026454
I am so glad I didn't buy the legacy version. I feel bad for those who did, though
>>
>>6032396
I have the 2010 version without the diecast. I don't have the Thunder or Ninja Megazord yet. Thunder is still available all over the place here. I am hoping for a good deal. Or Maybe I will just cast out my Legacy stuff sans the Weapons.
>>
>>6026851
The diecast is responsible for most of the problems. They clearly prototype these things in plastic and haphazardly add diecast as an afterthought. I wish they'd do their re-releases in all plastic, like when Toynami re-released their Masterpiece Voltron in all plastic. Of course there'd still be problems, like things not properly locking into place, but the reduced weight would go a long day in improving these things.
>>
>>6033329
If they made an all-plastic Dragonzord I'd gladly sell the Legacy version and let someone else deal with his big metal feet that constantly flop down in every combined mode.
>>
>>6030572
Original thunderzord still superior
>>
>>6033433
Yeah Dragonzord definitely suffers the most from the diecast. The Mega Dragonzord is retardedly top heavy even if the feet weren't floppy.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.