[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power Rangers movie 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: power-rangers-movie-zords-toys.jpg (100KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
power-rangers-movie-zords-toys.jpg
100KB, 800x450px
Well lets see if the new zords have been revealed yet,
Oh...
Oh no
>>
>>6023683
MFW seeing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NMGsRmZTFQ
Yours?
>>
Why the fuck does the mastodon have 8 legs?
>>
>>6023683
This and Ghost in the Shell - do Hollywood EVER learn from past mistakes when it comes to adapting existing properties?
>>
>>6025184
Space mastodon from Avatar.
>>
>>6025198
That GITS trailer actually looked really good. Like actually extremely better than what I was originally expecting from them. It might suck but I'd have to see footage that actually sucks before changing my mind. Everything in the trailer looked very cool. The PR trailer was also a lot better than what I was expecting, but these Zord designs have caused me to lose all hope.
>>
Zordon must have been smoking his own supply of meth when he came up with this shit. It's the only possessive explanation they can have in the movie for why triceratops and Matson look like insects. That or they won't address it at all just to fuck with us. But fuck seriously how are they going to explain this? It makes absolutely no sense! There's no reason!
>>
>>6025213
That would make sense considering whose playing him
>>
I don't even LIKE power rangers and this pains me.
>>
>>6023688
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdh_ISiBC-I
>>
File: 1462418811198.png (344KB, 547x877px) Image search: [Google]
1462418811198.png
344KB, 547x877px
>>6023683
>>
>Be known for iconic robot designs and hero suits
>change them beyond recognition into messy over-designed and yet undercooked step children of the worst aspects of bayformers

Great plan!
>>
If anyone involved with the movie had any sense about them they would cancel this shit right now. Just cut your fucking losses this is an abomination
>>
File: 1473885458884.jpg (35KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
1473885458884.jpg
35KB, 500x478px
>>6023683
>The Mastadon would have been the only one i'd even consider buying
>Zack was always my favourite
>See this
>It's an eight legged flea
>Doesn't even have a fucking trunk or the awesome curling tusks that the original had

They had one chance to get me on board this this at all and they done fucked it up!
>>
>>6025204
The GiTS trailer was fucking awful from top to bottom.
>>
File: tf4-platinum-dinobots.jpg (221KB, 549x659px) Image search: [Google]
tf4-platinum-dinobots.jpg
221KB, 549x659px
Similar thing happened with Swoop in the Transformers movie. Does Americans care nothing about how prehistoric creatures looks because they believe they never really existed or something? It's an odd pattern, like Jurassic World needed an explanation why their dinosaurs look the way we want them to look and not what they might have actually looked like.
>>
Why the fuck does the mastodon have 8 legs
>>
>>
>>6025908
A lot of Transformers concept art is done by Chinese concept artists, actually.

Anyway,I think a lot of this busyness that comes in these modern designs is due to all of them being created through digital concept art. Back in the day of creating these designs on paper, there where limits to what you could do comfortably, or would want to do. They where also limited by what could be replicated by special effects. Nowadays an artist can just duplicate any bit they want over and over withou having to actually redraw it again. this is why you see so many designs covered in textures and patterns.

i'm guessing whoever did the concept art for the Mastodon or Triceratops submitted a couple exploratory drawings, and in one of them they where playing around with legs and made it look like it had multiple ones, maybe trying to do sort of an "living tank tread" look. Then whoever was in charge of art direction liked this and encouraged it. But thats just a guess.
>>
>>6025213
>It makes absolutely no sense! There's no reason!

>How can Rita Repulsa make an eyeball monster grow so big while standing on the moon? It makes absolutely no sense! There's no reason!

Being pissed because they look like alien insects is retarded. You should be pissed because they look bad.
>>
File: Mastodon.jpg (14KB, 299x230px) Image search: [Google]
Mastodon.jpg
14KB, 299x230px
>>6025922
>they where playing around with legs and made it look like it had multiple ones, maybe trying to do sort of an "living tank tread" look.
That's probably the best explanation for the Triceratops, and kinda makes sense.

However they've no excuse for the Mastodon since it had actual legs on it (not to mention an actual trunk and tusks too).
>>
>>6025204
>>6025198
GitS trailer further cements that Hollywood should just leave some shit alone. This "power Ranger" shit is exactly the same.
>>
>>6025922
Makes sense. Reminds me of why Darth Maul had horns on his head when it was supposed to be feathers.
>>
File: 1396225193532.png (197KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1396225193532.png
197KB, 512x512px
>>6023683
Ah well, the kids can have this rubbish while we get the SOC.
>>
>>6023683

There's already a thread about this >>5992994
>>
>>6023683
these things looks like bugs.
>>
>>6025216

Right? Fucking Michael Bay looking bullshit. Why cant studios try to do their own thing or, ya know, be the thing they're basing it off of.
>>
>>6026567
Because you and everyone else won't do a single fucking thing to stop them when they do. Why do people typically do bad things repeatedly? Because there is either a low risk or no risk at all of reprecussions.
>>
>>6023683
Only Kimberly's looks acceptable.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.