[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Body-Kun/Chan vs. Archetype: Next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (411KB, 4096x2393px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
411KB, 4096x2393px
Anyone here with both?

Which one would you recommend for pose reference?
>>
>>6023607
>Which one would you recommend for pose reference?
Just hire a model.
>>
>>6023764
But can you fuck it?
>>
>>6023607
The plastic finish and musculature looks better on the figma, but the joint placement looks more natural on the Figuarts.
>>
I have both Body-Chan and the new Archetype She, and honestly the Archetype She is all-around better at ROM and aesthetics. Body-Chan isn't bad, but her joint-layout isn't as intuitive as the Archetype. Plus she uses double-joint elbows and knees, which is something I personally don't like.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11668483
>>
File: Anaconda.jpg (2MB, 4000x871px) Image search: [Google]
Anaconda.jpg
2MB, 4000x871px
>>6023607
If you can get the DX kun with the accessories go for it. Other than that I find the archetype nexts better and can hit more extreme poses.

Pic related I was the one who ran this thread before I got sick and it got bumped off.
>>
I'd recommend Figma on the basis that it actually has a normal head and feet.
>>
File: 1428798815605.jpg (30KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
1428798815605.jpg
30KB, 604x438px
>>6023607
>Body-Kun/Chan vs. Archetype: Next
I came here to look them in kung-fu poses as advertised!
Now make em fight!
>>
How good are these guys as custom fodder?
>>
>>6026113
The best you're gonna get.
>>
>>6028297
Body Kun is not good custom fodder do to his engineering. Unable to remove parts easily to repaint or resculpt them. I havent fully disassembled my Archetype 2 but if it's anything like the archetype one the >>6028297
>>
So I looked at some video reviews that turned me off the SH Figuarts completely, Archetypes are cheaper and better looking, with better articulation

The DX body set has extra hands and accessories, but I'm sure there are a bunch of 1/12 cheap accessory sets that would go well with the figma. Is there any set you'd recommend, /toy/?
>>
>>6029570
Where are those blood effects from?
>>
File: Hot-Glue-Blood-Drip-Earrings.jpg (156KB, 648x923px) Image search: [Google]
Hot-Glue-Blood-Drip-Earrings.jpg
156KB, 648x923px
>>6030368
Looks like those hot glue DIY blood effects.
>>
>>6030368
Custom by Canofbeams, guy who refuses to give info/tutorials on how he makes shit yet only sells a handful of stuff every once in a blue moon.
>>
>>6030518
If you know anything about resin casting the shit he makes is pretty fucking simple. Look up any clear resin casting tutorial and congrats you've figured it out. I plan on making my own effect parts as well as figures but I need a vacuum chamber, a compressor and 3D printer and I dont have 3000$ in disposable income atm.
>>
Bumperoo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.