[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crazy Bricks Kickstater Removes "Mr. Moon"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: nomoremoon.jpg (52KB, 639x478px) Image search: [Google]
nomoremoon.jpg
52KB, 639x478px
They removed him because they were unaware of the dank moon memes.

I just wanted a Mac Tonight minifigure.
>>
>>6018533
I just want good meme figures in general
>>
sure it's not because it's fucking copyrighted to a major company?
>>
>>6018780
We can only hope for Overwatch figures
>>
>>
>>6018533
Has no one made his head on Shapeways yet? It seems like an easy cash-grab as long as Mickey D's doesn't step in.
>>
>>6018793
That kind of ting isn't even a second thought to those idiots.
>>
>>6018533
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
why can't we have nice things
>>
only retards care for this meme.
>>
>>6019048
only retards care about any meme
>>
>>6019048
>white power meme

Yep, retards.
>>
>>6018793
I'm not sure how this copyright stuff works, how do 3rd party companies get away making Transformers then? Just because the names are different? Why can't "Mr. Moon" be made?
>>
>>6019078
Hasbro doesn't have the power to take down 3rd parties because they are numerous and operate under the chaotic wave of Chinese manufacturing, and China's loose copyright laws. Basically , pursuing all these companies would cost too much money to be worth it, especially since to Hasbro they're effectively not different than a cheap KO manufacturer.

Now, if a toy of Moonman was to pop up in China with otherwise no publicity(i.e. unlike 3rd party toys that will announce online and even appear in conventions), there'd be nothing they could really do besides try and block major American stores from selling it. But that's a null point because China doesn't have a huge market for McDonalds mascots as it does with transformers, so it wouldn't just get made like that.

So, the only way a Moonman figure would get made is probably just through some sort of funding campaign, which would make it visible to McDonald's legal radar. And if there's anything a company tries to distance itself most from, its non-PC controversy. So even though Mac Tonight has been irrelevant to McDonalds for decades, they certainly don't want people getting wind of what second life he's taken on. "McDonalds mascot is racist icon" is the exact sort of clickbait article McDs would want to avoid.
>>
>>6019060
how did he become a alt-right white racist nationalist mascot? is it a /pol/ thing?
and why didn't they just stick with him? why'd those faggots have to take pepe too?
>>
>>6019112
Shut up or we will oppress you faggots. Gassed on the spot.
>>
>>6019112

its just a joke, no one legit uses him as a mascot. But YTMND is responsible Im sure.
>>
>>6019112
>He bought into the "alt-right" meme
>>
>>6019112
>waah muh stolen meemees
>>
>>6019112
>>6019112
>wahh alt-right
>wah I can't take a fucking joke
you should stop being brainwashed by the news my man
>>
>>6018533
>want to ruin something? Paint it as a racist symbol
>unless it's Trump, that only makes it stronger
>>
>>6019247
Trump is proud to hate brown people, to have molested those women, and to not give a penny to the poor. He's a good Jew.
>>
>>6019112
Gas yourself, /toy/mblr
>>
>>6019112
If I remember correctly, moom-man was the """FAD""" that killed ytmnd for me. After his inception the front page was nothing but moon-man ear rape for more than a year. Fucking awful meme. red pills are not funny, and only children and dumb adults get worked up over them.
>>
>>6019251
Golly gee did someone just figure out how to use the word Jew as an insult?
>>
Would a petition be pointless?
>>
>>6019112

someone on ytmnd once made hyperracist parody songs with a computer voice. The picked a looping animation or solid frame of Mac Tonight singing to go with it.

pre-/pol/ /pol/tards latched onto it and made more of the same. Followed by fanart.

That is how moon-man became a meme.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.